Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,990 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:00 AM

We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF (54981 Views)

Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF / Keshi To Oliseh: You Were Nobody When You Started / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Diallo247(m): 4:53am On Oct 17, 2014
Nigerian football is dead with or without keshi... Keshi is not d problem in nigerian football.. NFF posse a serious threat 2 9ja football... Imagine, u sacked keshi nd employed Amodu.. What a calamity!!

5 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:54am On Oct 17, 2014
Hmmm
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by dedons: 4:55am On Oct 17, 2014
ElekeNtioba:
the stupidest reason ever! And i thought this Pinnick guy was smart.....smh....just smh
oga na wa o.

There's nothing like "stupidest" in English language...

It's "most stupi.d" sir.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by joromi: 4:55am On Oct 17, 2014
Whaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt undecided undecided undecided

Amodu should better resign o... His Life has been used to save Keshi's grin

7 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by TheGoodJoeHunt4: 4:56am On Oct 17, 2014
MORNDEW:
I love you Keshi,
thank you for Afcon
thank you for raising our hope in SE
thank you for making SE competitive
thank you for your patriotism, coaching eagles on an empty stomach
thank you for qualifying us to WC and getting past first round after series of first round curse
thank you because i still remeber your confederation cup performance.
Thank you for giving our local lads hope.
Thank you for standing on what you believe.
You made me watch S E matches with confidence.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I wish you good luck in your next job. you ve proven yourself before and i know you will continue to prove yourself.
Your records will speak for you.

Amodu? Ok o but i still haven't forgotten our golden Bronzes.

As for picknick, let him know that aminu maigari left a big shoe to fill and this is not the best of ways to equal that.

2 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Disclaimer: 4:57am On Oct 17, 2014
JOBLESSNESS KILLS FASTER THAN ANGRY MOB embarassed
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by TheGoodJoeHunt4: 4:58am On Oct 17, 2014
[b]My Best Moments Under Coach Keshi and his crew.

The Super Eagles draw against Catalonia. Nice goal by Bright Dike.
The Super Eagles success in defeating Cote d'Ivoire at AFCON.
The demolition of Mali at the AFCON.
The Triumph over Burkina Faso and the win of the AFCON.
Mikel's lovely goal against Uruguay at the Confederations cup.
Mikel's dominating performance against Spain.

The turn around performance of the Super Eagles in the CHAN game against Morocco.
The equalising goal by Uzoenyi against Morroco at the CHAN. A lovely curling goal.
The winning goal by Ibrahim Abubakar. The dance after the goal was funny and memorable.

Nigeria's World Cup Qualification winning game. The way people of Calabar ran to the section of the VIP crew to Celebrate with the Governor of the Cross River state - Gov. Liyel Imoke.

The draw against Italy. The man of the match performance of Shola Ameobi. One assist and A Lovely goal by Shola Ameobi after receiving an amazing cross from Benjamin Francis.

The defeat of Bosnia at the World Cup. A Nice slot in by Osaze and a last minute foot save by Enyeama, stopping Dzeko's chance of a last minute equaliser.
The brace of Ahmed Musa against Argentina.

Finally the brace and goals from Ahmed Musa against Sudan. The lovely goal from Aaron Samuel. Despite all the criticism of bringing a player from the Chinese league, showed Aaron Samuel had quality.

Miss you Da Big Boss and his crew.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by dedons: 4:58am On Oct 17, 2014
jachi001:
They shouldn't have sack him. Is ahmodu more better than him?
oga na wa o...

There's nothing like "more better" in English language...

It's "better" sir.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by akahp(m): 4:58am On Oct 17, 2014
Hafa.
If u lik go qoute me dah1 consine u, my own b say ah wan jst dey frontpage grin
Edited: nawa o.....na mek i jst type dis tin na im i go land 4nex page
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by DaveGyam(m): 5:01am On Oct 17, 2014
wink coolBest of luck to both the outgone and the interim coaches
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by slap1(m): 5:01am On Oct 17, 2014
You just gotta love this country!
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Truth be told...... Stephen Keshi is a good coach, but he's just too cocky to a fault. He doesn't act like a coach under authority, he behaves like the job was inherited.
In as much as he helped bring back the cup last year, he didn't do it alone. One leg cannot run a race, it takes two legs!

But then, Nigerian football fans should learn to be civil. The man hasn't even dashed our chances of qualifying completely. The team is now an injured lion, and of course we all know what a wounded lion does, it devours any creature that comes its way!

The Super eagles will eventually qualify and defend her cup in morocco, with or without keshi!

3 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by eleko1: 5:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by hensben(m): 5:05am On Oct 17, 2014
n you appoint shaibu amodu who will recall aiyegbni undecided
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by ini4brandon(m): 5:07am On Oct 17, 2014
TheGoodJoeHunt4:
It is clear that fighting for Nigerians is the most difficult task to do.

I wonder what was Coach Keshi's crime. He should call Uche? Or Martin's? Are there not players in the country who could do better?

I do not think they was a hostile reception of Coach Keshi because he left his technical area through out the game. That does not signify a man being pelted,

Thank you Coach Keshi for your hard work. The new stars you discovered for the country and the home based lads you exposed and gave them hope for a better life.

Coach Keshi and his crew are heroes. I will never forget them.
God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by pedro08: 5:14am On Oct 17, 2014
D unforgetable hero.Nigeria says THANK U 4 bringing back into our hearts,d love of Nigerian football.wish u would have just resigned wen pipo rumoured u wanted to,just afta d concluded AFCON match.and to tink he rejected offers,frm diffrnt countries,nd declined them,cos of ur beloved Nigeria,who neva reciprocate d love at last.BYE OUR HERO.we love u.

4 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by eleko1: 5:16am On Oct 17, 2014
angry angry shocked shocked :oSharap there!Mr Picnic or woteva ur name is.Stop feeding the public with lie.Be bold enuf to say Keshi was kicked out due to arrogance and incompentence rather than dis excuse.
msmon:
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/sacked-keshi-save-life-nff/

By John Egbokha

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick has said that Coach Stephen
Keshi was sacked to safeguard him from the wrath of enraged Nigerian fans, who were on the
brink of lynching him during Wednesday’s 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier with Sudan.

Pinnick and other NFF Executive Committee members watched with awe, as fans pelted Keshi
with water bottles and stones as they demanded for the head of the 2013 AFCON winner at the
Abuja National Stadium, venue of the match, which Nigeria won 3-1 to keep alive their hopes of
qualifying for next year’s tournament in Morocco.

Chants of “Keshi must go:, “sack Keshi” and “we don’t want Keshi
again” rented the air as fans went overdrive in their bid to get their
voices heard by the NFF, who swiftly swung into action in the wee
hours of yesterday by axing the former Togo and Mali coach.

And speaking when he paid a courtesy visit to the Minister of Sports
and Chairman, National Sports Commission, Dr. Tamuno Danagogo
yesterday, Pinnick explained the personal safety of Keshi was
considered more important than anything else.

Pinnck, it was learnt told the Minister that he was shocked with the
hostile reception of the fans towards Keshi, arguing that it would be
dangerous for Keshi to remain as coach in the face of such hostility.

He added that it was the first time in recent years that abuses and stones were rained down on a
Nigerian coach by fans.

“It was too much to bear. The fans were coming for him and it was going to be a security risk for
us as people had ran out of patience and were prepared to break the law to achieve their aim.

Keshi’s personal safety was paramount in our decision to relieve him of his duties”, Pinnick said.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by shugacaneman: 5:23am On Oct 17, 2014
they would have allowed keshi to finish his failure because he will be claiming he would have qualified and amodu will fail and tell us that the damage had already been done before he came in.

6 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by eleko1: 5:26am On Oct 17, 2014
Forget Aiyegbeni,he won't com back but we can be rest assure that there's hope for Obafemi,Uche and those boys who won the AfCON.Just hope he clip Mikel wing's'Nig go beta
hensben:
n you appoint shaibu amodu who will recall aiyegbni undecided

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by remikunle: 5:29am On Oct 17, 2014
enough is enough
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by ElPhenomenal(m): 5:32am On Oct 17, 2014
Hahahaha, biggest lie, nobody is lynching anybody please

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by mancheeutd(m): 5:34am On Oct 17, 2014
president to reinstate keshi's appointment
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by gebest: 5:35am On Oct 17, 2014
But then, Keshi stil remain the best indegenous coach Nigeria has ever produced, ooh Keshi i will miss u.

2 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by eleko1: 5:35am On Oct 17, 2014
cool coolFixed.Don't panic,we'll surely qualify
shugacaneman:
they should have allowed keshi to finish his failure because he will claim the credit if by chance we qualified. if Amodu fail,he'll tell us that the damage had already been done before he came in.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Emmysteve(m): 5:39am On Oct 17, 2014
Lame excuse. Mschewwwwwwwww
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by onatisi(m): 5:44am On Oct 17, 2014
Keshi walked and worked into nff trap. His arrogance did not allow him to see the traps they were setting for him . One thing I will always cherish keshi for was injection of young new talents into the team,he gave many new players the chance to play and with shuaibu we all know what he will do,he will recall all our old players. Keshi believed in finding new talents to replace aging ones . The problem of the super eagles isn't keshi but nff. They have long wanted to employ a foreign coach but keshi successes had prevented them and now they have the perfect chance,any normal thinking nff will know that with nigeria 3rd in the group and with just 2matches to go it was pointless sacking the coach but if they didn't sack keshi and eventually luck smiled on him as usual and we qualify then they know keshi will become untouchable hence the reason for the swift sack.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by gebest: 5:46am On Oct 17, 2014
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by gebest: 5:46am On Oct 17, 2014
humphrey1356:
nd now Yu got Amodu of all people....
yu guy mus b high on something...
"AMODU...!! OF ALL PEOPLE...!!!''
4 God's sake..Amodu is a farmer not a coacj.
HE IS A FARMER, YET HE QUALIFY NIGERIA FOR WORLD CUP IN 2002 AND 2010, so who is the farmer between u and Amodu.

2 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by eunisam: 5:47am On Oct 17, 2014
e no concern me.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by omowolewa: 5:49am On Oct 17, 2014
They should be responsible enough for their actions
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by ogaibe1(m): 5:50am On Oct 17, 2014
The same people that was happy when he won the africa cup of nations are quick to forget.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo And Teammates Partied With 60 Models After Atletico Loss / Lionel Messi Wore A Lucky Amulet Before Playing Against Nigeria. PICS / Man City 2-2 Tottenham: Pep Guardiola & Sergio Aguero In Touchline Bust-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.