Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF (55037 Views)

Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF / Keshi To Oliseh: You Were Nobody When You Started / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by johnaruson(m): 9:41am On Oct 17, 2014
The first Law of modern power is: Knowing When to Quit. ie when the ovations is still high. Keshi is a disgrace to Icons. As he waited to be sacked.

2 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by RFella(m): 9:47am On Oct 17, 2014
ukandi1:

who told pinnick that we desire a foreign coach? We don't want any such thing except its true that they plan to loot d NFF through that medium. He wil be acting in error to do so... Give african coaches d opportunity not any kind of white skinned dollars seeking fellow
IMO

I agree with u in part, but a foreign coach will not look at how close and how much the players agent gives him b4 inviting u, he won't invite u to SE matches because ur his 'loyal boy', he will invite the likes of Ike Uche, Obafemi, Mba, even Taye Taiwo, even if these players have their own faults...that wat a foreigner will do for u...he"ll scout the best across the world and use them...Take a look at Keshi's world cup squad! Wat did Uchebo, Nwafor and Gabriel Ruben etc do to merit their call up? these are players who d club had terminated their contracts, but Keshi invited 'em still...I"ll prefer a foreigner any day, even though its a medium to squander funds..
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Goke7: 9:54am On Oct 17, 2014
RFella:

I agree with u in part, but a foreign coach will not look at how close and how much the players agent gives him b4 inviting u, he won't invite u to SE matches because ur his 'loyal boy', he will invite the likes of Ike Uche, Obafemi, Mba, even Taye Taiwo, even if these players have their own faults...that wat a foreigner will do for u...he"ll scout the best across the world and use them...Take a look at Keshi's world cup squad! Wat did Uchebo, Nwafor and Gabriel Ruben etc do to merit their call up? these are players who d club had terminated their contracts, but Keshi invited 'em still...I"ll prefer a foreigner any day, even though its a medium to squander funds..

that's not true foreign coaches in africa collect bribes too and they have loyal boys, [e.g. westerhof] the way u guys adore these foreign coaches amazes me, Berti vogts felt ejide was better than enyeama cos of his height, lagerback felt yakubu was younger than osaze, he didn't know osaze was more truthful about his age than big daddy yakubu.

These foreign coaches can be crazy with their selections but because of their white skin we easily overlook their faults and crucify ours instead

3 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2014
[size=18pt]story for bush babies! but we cannot sack senators and corrupt public office holders, rather we increase their security details. when you want to hang a dog, you give am bad name.[/size]

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by lorddubic: 10:05am On Oct 17, 2014
And how does sacking him provide employment for me...and others in my shoes?

Still unemployed....

obasi.jamesnd@gmail.com
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by BabaO2: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2014
tete7000:

And who in Nigeria had ever been celebrated in defeat? Many Nigerians are purely emotional people who would rather appeal to tribal affiliation, luck, etc than logic. The same Siasia you are routing for now, is he not the same man you all called for his head some years back? What did he achieved? What did he win? Winning is what matters and that's why the world hailed the likes of Mourinho even when he played dirty. Consistently win your game and whatever style you play becomes a brand on its own. Time is of essence when you focus on long term goal. People who focus on long term achievement don't take decision in haste the way we do in our society.
Decision was taken in haste against Siasia, he took over at the middle of qualification of AFCON that some vital matches have already been lost by Eguavon just like now. Nigeria celebrated in defeats:
1. Cameroon/Nigeria cup of nations final maroc '88 under Onigbinde
2. Argentina/Nigeria world cup in USA under Westerhoff
3. Argentina/Nigeria FIFA U 21 in 2005 under Siasia
etc....
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by ceo003: 10:09am On Oct 17, 2014
coded01:

But what's up with Amodu's appointment? shocked grin --- Nigeria sha! tongue From Iraq to Syria... embarassed

LOL HA HA HA grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by KingTom(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2014
TheGoodJoeHunt4:
[b]It is clear that fighting for Nigerians is the most difficult task to do.

I wonder what was Coach Keshi's crime. He should call Uche? Or Martin's? Are there not players in the country who could do better?

I do not think they was a hostile reception of Coach Keshi because he left his technical area through out the game. That does not signify a man being pelted,

Thank you Coach Keshi for your hard work. The new stars you discovered for the country and the home based lads you exposed and gave them hope for a better life.

Coach Keshi and his crew are heroes. I will never forget them.

My Best Moments Under Coach Keshi and his crew.

The Super Eagles draw against Catalonia. Nice goal by Bright Dike.
The Super Eagles success in defeating Cote d'Ivoire at AFCON.
The demolition of Mali at the AFCON.
The Triumph over Burkina Faso and the win of the AFCON.
Mikel's lovely goal against Uruguay at the Confederations cup.
Mikel's dominating performance against Spain.
Mikel's nomination for the African Player Of The Year.

The turn around performance of the Super Eagles in the CHAN game against Morocco.
The equalising goal by Uzoenyi against Morroco at the CHAN. A lovely curling goal.
The winning goal by Ibrahim Abubakar. The dance after the goal was funny and memorable.

Nigeria's World Cup Qualification winning game. The way people of Calabar ran to the section of the VIP crew to Celebrate with the Governor of the Cross River state - Gov. Liyel Imoke.

The draw against Italy. The man of the match performance of Shola Ameobi. One assist and A Lovely goal by Shola Ameobi after receiving an amazing cross from Benjamin Francis.

The defeat of Bosnia at the World Cup. A Nice slot in by Osaze and a last minute foot save by Enyeama, stopping Dzeko's chance of a last minute equaliser.
The brace of Ahmed Musa against Argentina.

Finally the brace and goals from Ahmed Musa against Sudan. The lovely goal from Aaron Samuel. Despite all the criticism of bringing a player from the Chinese league, showed Aaron Samuel had quality.

Miss you Da Big Boss and his crew.[/b]
Nice one sir grin

2 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Bgorgeous: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2014
Nonsense excuse

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by idinc(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2014
TheGoodJoeHunt4:
[b]It is clear that fighting for Nigerians is the most difficult task to do.

I wonder what was Coach Keshi's crime. He should call Uche? Or Martin's? Are there not players in the country who could do better?

I do not think they was a hostile reception of Coach Keshi because he left his technical area through out the game. That does not signify a man being pelted,

Thank you Coach Keshi for your hard work. The new stars you discovered for the country and the home based lads you exposed and gave them hope for a better life.

Coach Keshi and his crew are heroes. I will never forget them.

My Best Moments Under Coach Keshi and his crew.

The Super Eagles draw against Catalonia. Nice goal by Bright Dike.
The Super Eagles success in defeating Cote d'Ivoire at AFCON.
The demolition of Mali at the AFCON.
The Triumph over Burkina Faso and the win of the AFCON.
Mikel's lovely goal against Uruguay at the Confederations cup.
Mikel's dominating performance against Spain.
Mikel's nomination for the African Player Of The Year.

The turn around performance of the Super Eagles in the CHAN game against Morocco.
The equalising goal by Uzoenyi against Morroco at the CHAN. A lovely curling goal.
The winning goal by Ibrahim Abubakar. The dance after the goal was funny and memorable.

Nigeria's World Cup Qualification winning game. The way people of Calabar ran to the section of the VIP crew to Celebrate with the Governor of the Cross River state - Gov. Liyel Imoke.

The draw against Italy. The man of the match performance of Shola Ameobi. One assist and A Lovely goal by Shola Ameobi after receiving an amazing cross from Benjamin Francis.

The defeat of Bosnia at the World Cup. A Nice slot in by Osaze and a last minute foot save by Enyeama, stopping Dzeko's chance of a last minute equaliser.
The brace of Ahmed Musa against Argentina.

Finally the brace and goals from Ahmed Musa against Sudan. The lovely goal from Aaron Samuel. Despite all the criticism of bringing a player from the Chinese league, showed Aaron Samuel had quality.

Miss you Da Big Boss and his crew.[/b]
u got tears gathering in my eyes for real man...

2 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Qasim6(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2014
this is nigeria
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 17, 2014
@topic
......an angry mob of fans who would pelt an "inept" coach with "purewater" and stones because of football....
but will keep quiet in the face of having one of the worst socio economic indices in the world, rising unemployment, poor educational system etc....a very religious people at that too lipsrsealed

Misplaced priorities I must say

It is impossible for a Nigerian to coach our national team well....I mean, it is a whole sick society with too many policies, mostly ineffectual, prevailing tribalism, poor health, poor people, bad infrastructure, bad education, unemployment, too much religion, and too little character..in general misplaced priorities....not even Del Bosque can do anything with the Super Eagles...
Sad, but true

Meanwhile I am not a Keshi fan, not even at all, but there was only so much he could do in a sick system
Then.....throwing stuff at him? horror.com angry

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by eshope(m): 10:21am On Oct 17, 2014
NFF winching grin grin juju tins

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Emeca: 10:25am On Oct 17, 2014
Bobbyjay001:

What's the first toughest paid job in Nigeria?

The Presidency

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by emmabest2000(m): 10:25am On Oct 17, 2014
msmon:
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/sacked-keshi-save-life-nff/

By John Egbokha

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick has said that Coach Stephen
Keshi was sacked to safeguard him from the wrath of enraged Nigerian fans, who were on the
brink of lynching him during Wednesday’s 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier with Sudan.

Pinnick and other NFF Executive Committee members watched with awe, as fans pelted Keshi
with water bottles and stones as they demanded for the head of the 2013 AFCON winner at the
Abuja National Stadium, venue of the match, which Nigeria won 3-1 to keep alive their hopes of
qualifying for next year’s tournament in Morocco.

Chants of “Keshi must go:, “sack Keshi” and “we don’t want Keshi
again” rented the air as fans went overdrive in their bid to get their
voices heard by the NFF, who swiftly swung into action in the wee
hours of yesterday by axing the former Togo and Mali coach.

And speaking when he paid a courtesy visit to the Minister of Sports
and Chairman, National Sports Commission, Dr. Tamuno Danagogo
yesterday, Pinnick explained the personal safety of Keshi was
considered more important than anything else.

Pinnck, it was learnt told the Minister that he was shocked with the
hostile reception of the fans towards Keshi, arguing that it would be
dangerous for Keshi to remain as coach in the face of such hostility.

He added that it was the first time in recent years that abuses and stones were rained down on a
Nigerian coach by fans.

“It was too much to bear. The fans were coming for him and it was going to be a security risk for
us as people had ran out of patience and were prepared to break the law to achieve their aim.

Keshi’s personal safety was paramount in our decision to relieve him of his duties”, Pinnick said.
Story that touches the heart tongue

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by abagnalie: 10:25am On Oct 17, 2014
common.we ain't kids
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by oliy24(m): 10:26am On Oct 17, 2014
my problem with nairaland is that football are analyzed by many people that doesn't even watch football. comments by people who just think this is what should happen.
have you ever wonder why Nigeria didn't move much upward in FIFA ranking even after winning nations cup. Nigeria played absolutely bad football style under keshi. as a Nigerian if I am in charge of the rating, Nigeria should be in number 142 by now. because no chances created, no pattern of play and so many error decisions. many think keshi should be kept because he won nations cup. please what planet are you from. no team in this world not even enyimba fc will keep a coach that only won 2 of 14 game league games. talkless of national level.
see that's the problem with Nigeria we celebrate failure because it was once good, I wonder how Nigeria will grow with all this type of people ruling the country. PDP rule this country for 15 years and we have nothing to celebrate as national achievement and yet some people will still go and vote for them, why not try other party for just four years and see what happen.
and I see people staking false comment about amadu. for God sake, Amadu is the best coach Nigeria ever had. atleast go and read his cv before you judge him, since you have not started watching football when he was ruling.
please keshi has nothing to offer Nigeria with this pattern of play. even if he won the world cup, I will still sack him as a coach.

3 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by oliy24(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2014
tete7000:

And who in Nigeria had ever been celebrated in defeat? Many Nigerians are purely emotional people who would rather appeal to tribal affiliation, luck, etc than logic. The same Siasia you are routing for now, is he not the same man you all called for his head some years back? What did he achieved? What did he win? Winning is what matters and that's why the world hailed the likes of Mourinho even when he played dirty. Consistently win your game and whatever style you play becomes a brand on its own. Time is of essence when you focus on long term goal. People who focus on long term achievement don't take decision in haste the way we do in our society.

please don't compare mourinho, mourinho get results, keshi don't. mourinho have his pattern which is playing dirty (though that was then), obviously keshi don't.
if you really watch keshi's game, there is no focus on goal non defence. just certain individual offensive player like sunday mba, osaze, emenike and musa cover him up.

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Amadaz(m): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2014
That claim from pinnick can be likened to the case of giving a dog a bad name just to kill it.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by tete7000(m): 10:40am On Oct 17, 2014
BabaO2:

Decision was taken in haste against Siasia, he took over at the middle of qualification of AFCON that some vital matches have already been lost by Eguavon just like now. Nigeria celebrated in defeats:
1. Cameroon/Nigeria cup of nations final maroc '88 under Onigbinde
2. Argentina/Nigeria world cup in USA under Westerhoff
3. Argentina/Nigeria FIFA U 21 in 2005 under Siasia
etc....

We celebrated these defeats? That was a misnomer. I am old enough to know that there were no celebration those times you mentioned.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by tete7000(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2014
oliy24:

please don't compare mourinho, mourinho get results, keshi don't. mourinho have his pattern which is playing dirty (though that was then), obviously keshi don't.
if you really watch keshi's game, there is no focus on goal non defence. just certain individual offensive player like sunday mba, osaze, emenike and musa cover him up.

The fact that he gets those players is in itself a style. He at least knows how to get players who will cover him. Don't forget some of the players were unknown before he brought them to limelight - that is a style in its own way. It might not suit me and you though. Finally, Mourinho even doesn't win all the time.

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by kilokeys(m): 10:51am On Oct 17, 2014
why havent jonathan been sacked?

we have been shouting... grin

stupidest reason ever... nff shame on u joor
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by RFella(m): 10:53am On Oct 17, 2014
Goke7:

that's not true foreign coaches in africa collect bribes too and they have loyal boys, [e.g. westerhof] the way u guys adore these foreign coaches amazes me, Berti vogts felt ejide was better than enyeama cos of his height, lagerback felt yakubu was younger than osaze, he didn't know osaze was more truthful about his age than big daddy yakubu.

These foreign coaches can be crazy with their selections but because of their white skin we easily overlook their faults and crucify ours instead

Ok...Imagine u had Roberto Mancini or Mourinho as coach, do u think he"ll shut out the likes of Ike Uche out of the team on account of character? Big coaches deal with big egos on daily basis, look at Balotelli, Barton, etc...those same players you shut out will always give u the results u seek
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by lertee(f): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2014
oliy24:

I used to be a supporter of keshi hoping he is a long term achiever rather than someone who just wants to show results. I got disappointed as events turned out cos his tactics so far has been terrible,he keeps using the same tactics with same result(which is expected). He depends on luck which is not the way football should be. If you are not good then you are not good,there is no luck anywhere.

Although,we can't blame keshi alone,even the players are about the money,none of then wants to make a name,only few are patriotic and this has been a setback to the super eagles.

Politics is also another bad influence,nepotism and hate for every individual who has good plans for the organisation. The problem of nigeria football lays a great deal on the hands of NFA,NSC and everyone involved in picking manager.

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Goke7: 11:09am On Oct 17, 2014
RFella:

Ok...Imagine u had Roberto Mancini or Mourinho as coach, do u think he"ll shut out the likes of Ike Uche out of the team on account of character? Big coaches deal with big egos on daily basis, look at Balotelli, Barton, etc...those same players you shut out will always give u the results u seek

you have no point here, mourinho shut out mata and so? is oscar truly better than mata? Berlusconi recently said that Balotelli was a rotten apple in milan and they sold him, Balotelli is struggling in liverpool and was left out of the italian national team last week, they are all tired of him, if u have a club will u buy balotelli? what has barton achieved in football.

Every coach has his preference, the players u think are the best may not be his preference, we have seen it time and again in several countries so why is Nigeria' own always a problem?

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by babadem2much(m): 11:14am On Oct 17, 2014
9ja with swagg, where is Oliseh? Ahmadu is not even ashame to recieve that offer after beeign chased by the same NFF, who now chase Keshi adding swagg as if we are not Nigerians. Anyway even Buhari is still contesting after much failure
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2014
Al d best Keshi as u move on... U did try ya best tho buh ur attitude marred every tin... I do hope Amodu shaibu doesnt fumble... Nt ready fr 'frying to fire' Scenario oo

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Felixjude(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2014
story for the gods#
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2014
Marc9:
Truth be told...... Stephen Keshi is a good coach, but he's just too cocky to a fault. He doesn't act like a coach under authority, he behaves like the job was inherited.
In as much as he helped bring back the cup last year, he didn't do it alone. One leg cannot run a race, it takes two legs!

But then, Nigerian football fans should learn to be civil. The man hasn't even dashed our chances of qualifying completely. The team is now an injured lion, and of course we all know what a wounded lion does, it devours any creature that comes its way!

The Super eagles will eventually qualify and defend her cup in morocco, with or without keshi!
True talk bro
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by noordean(m): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2014
dedons:
oga na wa o.

There's nothing like "stupidest" in English language...

It's "most stupi.d" sir.
lol..dnt blame d guy.he wrote it out of anger,funny tho
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Akinmicky: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2014
onatisi:
Keshi walked and worked into nff trap. His arrogance did not allow him to see the traps they were setting for him . One thing I will always cherish keshi for was injection of young new talents into the team,he gave many new players the chance to play and with shuaibu we all know what he will do,he will recall all our old players. Keshi believed in finding new talents to replace aging ones . The problem of the super eagles isn't keshi but nff. They have long wanted to employ a foreign coach but keshi successes had prevented them and now they have the perfect chance,any normal thinking nff will know that with nigeria 3rd in the group and with just 2matches to go it was pointless sacking the coach but if they didn't sack keshi and eventually luck smiled on him as usual and we qualify then they know keshi will become untouchable hence the reason for the swift sack.

you just said it all, well done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

OFFICIAL: Every Confirmed 23-man World Cup Squad Announced / Man City 2-2 Tottenham: Pep Guardiola & Sergio Aguero In Touchline Bust-up / Yakubu Ayegbeni Buys Range Rover For His Wife, Yvonne Ayegbeni (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.