Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Ebola Vs US Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ebola Vs US Visa (949 Views)

Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / UK Based Nigerian Men Vs US Based Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Vs US Visa by aktunde(m): 3:11am On Oct 17, 2014
News about Ebola has dominated the news on US TV Networks. Some people are advocating that rather than banning flights from West Africa, the U.S should stop granting Non-Immigrant Visas (student visa, tourist, business e.t.c) at this time. This is not a confirmed policy. It's just the opinion many Americans while granting interviews on the TV. I'm thinking of inviting my Mom to the US, but I'm not sure of what the situation is. I have paid the Visa fees, but I just don't know if I should book the appointment now or wait for some time. My question is this;

Has any one gone to the US embassy of recent (this week)? Did you get the visa? I'm very particular about the Tourist/Business Visa. Thanks as you respond.
Re: Ebola Vs US Visa by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Someone I know went few days ago and was granted. I doubt the Consulate has any visa restrictions cos of Ebola.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Vs US Visa by worry359(m): 8:11am On Oct 17, 2014
Phema:
Someone I know went few days ago and was granted. I doubt the Consulate has any visa restrictions cos of Ebola.
There may well be no disruption to visa issue.
But anyone traveling to USA would do well to be prepared for delays and checks at arrival point.
Re: Ebola Vs US Visa by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2014
worry359:

There may well be no disruption to visa issue.
But anyone traveling to USA would do well to be prepared for delays and checks at arrival point.

True that. I also think it depends on the POE. A friend went through DC and wasn't asked anything as regards that. Though she filled an "Ebola" form at MM2 before boarding.
Re: Ebola Vs US Visa by bumitek02(m): 9:11am On Oct 17, 2014
Why will they denied you visa because of Ebola, we are the ones to denied them visa, because they are still battling theirs while we have contain ours. So we are far better than then right now over ebola case

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Knw That With A Nigerian International Pasport, You Can Visit 44 Countris / 10 Countries Where Personal Safety Is Most Secure In 2014 / How Much Will It Cost Me To Do My International Passport At Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.