Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK (4791 Views)

Activists Raise Alarm After Soldiers Cart Away Dead, Wounded Shooting Victims / Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption / DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by black247: 3:54am On Oct 17, 2014
October 16, 2014

This is strange that he died mysteriously. False Alarm? Let us pray.

A plane from Nigeria landed at JFK Airport Thursday with a male passenger aboard who had died during the flight after a fit of vomiting — and CDC officials conducted a “cursory” exam before announcing there was no Ebola and turning the corpse over to Port Authority cops to remove, Rep. Peter King said on Thursday.

The congressman was so alarmed by the incident — and by what he and employees see as troubling Ebola vulnerabilities at JFK — that he fired off a letter to the federal Department of Homeland Security demanding more training and tougher protocols for handling possible cases there.

The unnamed, 63-year-old passenger had boarded an Arik Air plane out of Lagos, Nigeria, on Wednesday night, a federal law enforcement source said.

During the flight, the man had been vomiting in his seat, the source said. Some time before the plane landed, he passed away. Flight crew contacted the CDC, federal customs officials and Port Authority police, who all boarded the plane at around 6 a.m. as about 145 worried passengers remained on board, the source said.

“The door [to the terminal] was left open, which a lot of the first responders found alarming,” said the source.

Rep. King called the protocol followed after the passenger died “alarming.”

“My understanding was that the passenger was vomiting in the seat,” King (R-LI) said.

“The CDC went on the plane, examined the dead body and said the person did not have Ebola,” King said.

“It was what I was told a cursory examination. The Port Authority cops and personnel from Customs and Border Protection were there, and they were told there was no danger because the person did not have Ebola,” King said.

“But their concern was, how could you tell so quickly? And what adds to the concern is how wrong the CDC has been over the past few weeks.”

more at source --> http://nypost.com/2014/10/16/alarm-a...igeria-to-jfk/
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by bunmioguns(m): 3:57am On Oct 17, 2014
Thank God oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by msmon(m): 4:00am On Oct 17, 2014
We've heard enough of this ebola story.
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Onlinebizexpert(m): 4:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Hahba
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Isaactop9(m): 5:05am On Oct 17, 2014
K
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by FANE4Naija: 5:47am On Oct 17, 2014
Hmmm angry

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by kevoh(m): 5:52am On Oct 17, 2014
Dude could have been poisoned somehow! You want go america abi, gbam, dem put poison inside food or something for am!
Just my opinion ooo , this is my inner self trying to dispute the ebola suspicion tongue .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by coobboy(m): 6:18am On Oct 17, 2014
BABA DON SWALLOW POISON OOOOH
RIP
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by thunderrider: 6:30am On Oct 17, 2014
May the Lord forgive our souls

R.I.P
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by PapiWata: 6:53am On Oct 17, 2014
With TWO Nigerians testing positive for Ebola after arriving in the West over just the past TWO days, it is evident that Nigeria's claims to have "defeated" the Ebola virus are premature at best, and at worst, deliberately misleading and factually incorrect. Just yesterday, October 16th, 2014, a man who boarded an Air France flight from Lagos, Nigeria fell violently ill during a stopover in Spain, and today, less that 24 hours later, another Nigerian man on a direct flight from Lagos to JFK airport, New York, DIED after bouts of projectile vomiting.

After Nigeria's initial panic over the Ebola virus, during which over 250 Nigerians DIED from drinking salt water in the hopes of gaining immunity to infection, it is possible that a decision was made at the highest levels of Nigerian government, to try and conceal news of any further infections within Nigeria, so as to prevent another rash of deaths caused by bogus "cures" gone wrong. Sadly, the spread of a contagion like Ebola can only be kept hidden for a very limited period of time, before large numbers of victims begin to appear, at which point an even greater panic could be ignited, when it dawns on an already apprehensive population that their government may have in fact been under-stating the scope of the Ebola incursion into Nigeria's population.

It is NOT over until the fat lady sings, and she has NOT sung yet for Nigeria, so, wishful thinking and futile praying aside, it behooves all who reside in Nigeria to exercise GREAT caution to avoid Ebola infection, over the coming months.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 17, 2014
Ebola does not exist it is an elaborate international hoax involving US, some 2 or 3 western allies and puppet West African states and the main news media of all those countries involved.

Now you seeing that the so called Ebola as the hoaxers call it has killed (according to the hoaxers) far less people than the panic and fear that it caused.

Ebola is simply mental terrorism.

The ultimate aim of the USA is to use Ebola as an excuse to bring in IMF and World Bank to take over and exploit the valuable natural resource of the region.

If in the process then can get hundreds of thousands of African to depopulate themselves by taking their fake ebola killer vaccines that they are planning for Africa, all the the sweeter.

Call me a nutcase if you want or a conspiracy theorist, but I cannot know the truth and not let my people know about it.

PLEASE, WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT TAKE ANY EBOLA VACCINES IT WOULD KILL YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by PapiWata: 7:14am On Oct 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
Ebola does not exist it is an elaborate international hoax involving US, some 2 or 3 western allies and puppet West African states and the main news media of all those countries involved.

Now you seeing that the so called Ebola as the hoaxers call it has killed (according to the hoaxers) far less people than the panic and fear that it caused.

The ultimate aim of the USA is to use Ebola as an excuse to bring in IMF and World Bank to take over and exploit the valuable natural resource of the region.

If in the process then can get hundreds of thousands of African to depopulate themselves by taking their fake ebola killer vaccines that they are planning for Africa, all the the sweeter.

Call me a nutcase if you want or a conspiracy theorist, but I cannot know the truth and not let my people know about it.

How is the fight with the little green men from Mars progressing ? Have you been able to defeat them and send them back to Uranus yet ?

6 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Ngwakwe: 7:14am On Oct 17, 2014
“But their concern was, how could you tell so quickly? And what adds to the concern is how wrong the CDC has been over the past few weeks.”

Is like US Government Officials are same with their Nigerian counterparts. They have mastered every lying techniques

I don't blame the Congressman, I blame GEJ and Lagos State Governor

Nobody should quote this comment
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by fr3do(m): 7:54am On Oct 17, 2014
PapiWata:
With TWO Nigerians testing positive for Ebola after arriving in the West over just the past TWO days, it is evident that Nigeria's claims to have "defeated" the Ebola virus are premature at best, and at worst, deliberately misleading and factually incorrect. Just yesterday, October 16th, 2014, a man who boarded an Air France flight from Lagos, Nigeria fell violently ill during a stopover in Spain, and today, less that 24 hours later, another Nigerian man on a direct flight from Lagos to JFK airport, New York, DIED after bouts of projectile vomiting.

After Nigeria's initial panic over the Ebola virus, during which over 250 Nigerians DIED from drinking salt water in the hopes of gaining immunity to infection, it is possible that a decision was made at the highest levels of Nigerian government, to try and conceal news of any further infections within Nigeria, so as to prevent another rash of deaths caused by bogus "cures" gone wrong. Sadly, the spread of a contagion like Ebola can only be kept hidden for a very limited period of time, before large numbers of victims begin to appear, at which point an even greater panic could be ignited, when it dawns on an already apprehensive population that their government may have in fact been under-stating the scope of the Ebola incursion into Nigeria's population.

It is NOT over until the fat lady sings, and she has NOT sung yet for Nigeria, so, wishful thinking and futile praying aside, it behooves all who reside in Nigeria to exercise GREAT caution to avoid Ebola infection, over the coming months.

Wow!
So people now Cook up conspiracy theories for Nigeria.

There is no way APC and PDP politicians will agree to such extents.
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by fr3do(m): 8:00am On Oct 17, 2014
GenBuhari:

A man with this kind of ideas must have a lab where he is cooking up a cure for himself.

Instead of this conspiracies, petition the Government and companies to develope a cure.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by igbo2011(m): 8:05am On Oct 17, 2014
GenBuhari:

Thoughts on this?
http://yournewswire.com/ebo-lie-shock-claim-from-ghanaian-nurse/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Lilimax(f): 8:10am On Oct 17, 2014
Nigeria is certified Ebola free country.
No need to worry America.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 17, 2014
PapiWata:

Has it been investigated and established that those two Nigerians were sick with the ebola virus disease?
If not, please don't raise false alarm and claims .

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by PapiWata: 9:29am On Oct 17, 2014
fr3do:

Wow!
So people now Cook up conspiracy theories for Nigeria.

There is no way APC and PDP politicians will agree to such extents.

The two cases of Nigerians arriving aboard flights to Spain via France, and to America via JFK New York, both with sudden and violent illnesses, have been widely reported on ALL international news networks both yesterday October 16th 2014 and today October 17th 2014, but of course you may feel free to dismiss everything reported by the press for fear it may all be part of a giant conspiracy against Africa. Denial is a very useful psychological coping mechanism that enables people to simply shut out information relating to dangers whose contemplation could otherwise lead to any number of stress-related medical conditions. I would be remiss to think I can deny anyone their right to "filter" reality, in order to stay fear-free and healthy even as the nightly news makes many more others very, VERY afraid.

Nonetheless, the sobering fact is that in this current climate of global apprehension and panic over the spread of an Ebola plague, ANY AND ALL violently ill people discovered on commercial aircraft will be ASSUMED to have Ebola fever, particularly since Ebola is about the ONLY illness that can progress a victim from normalcy in all vital signs such that the infected person passes the close scrutiny of all airport health checks, only to lapse into intense vomiting mere hours later, possibly while the aircraft is still aloft, en-route to an airport in a new continent.

Factor in any snippet of overheard information that someone in the West had recent contact with an Ebola patient FROM AFRICA, and you have the makings of major hysterical mass panic with the potential to spread like wildfire through hitherto peaceful societies, leading to outbreaks of outright lawlessness if unchecked promptly.
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Applaner: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2014
eya, mkpo u
Today I'm quite happy and I'm sharing
recharge cards(quick fingers)
MTN 2000 ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒
Etisalat 2000 ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒
Glo 2000 ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒
Airtel 2000 ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒
Please use a sharp object like broken bottle
or knife for easy scratch on your screen.
Don't bother to thank me,
What are friends for? fok
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by mywakeupcall: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
liar liar pants on fire
you come up with all these bs and stir more drama
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by mywakeupcall: 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
p.s: just so you kno, lawmakers in the United states are currently trying to place a travel ban on travelers from west africa , even tho the president and cdc director thinks it wouldn't work.

yo black, no hard feelings, but you gotta write up originals. it's no fun spreading negative ideology.

give the readers something intelligent and mind amusing to think about. golden rule of journalism
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
These ebola scare is really turning to something else to the extent that whenever anyone is vomiting it is immediately tagged ebola reminds me of the day a girl in my hostel was vomiting blood. , you needed to see the way almost everyone was running as if the hostel was on fire meanwhile she was later diagnosed of tuberculosis.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
My thoughts? it vindicates what I have been saying.
The ultimate goal is to take over the valuable natural resources of the region using ImF and World Bank loans to enslave the countries.

I have pasted the article below:

A facebook post allegedly written by Nana Kwame a nurse from Ghana, claims that the deadly ebola virus is just an invention and that people in the West need to know what’s happening in West Africa.

Nana Kwome Wrote:

“People in the Western World need to know what’s happening here in West Africa. THEY ARE LYING!!! “Ebola” as a virus does NOT Exist and is NOT “Spread”. The Red Cross has brought a disease to 4 specific countries for 4 specific reasons and it is only contracted by those who receive treatments and injections from the Red Cross. That is why Liberians and Nigerians have begun kicking the Red Cross out of their countries and reporting in the news the truth. Now bear with me:

Advertisement

REASONS:

Most people jump to “depopulation” which is no doubt always on the mind of the West when it comes to Africa. But I assure you Africa can NEVER be depopulated by killing 160 people a day when thousands are born per day. So the real reasons are much more tangible.

Reason 1: This vaccine implemented sickness being “called” Ebola was introduced into West Africa for the end goal of getting troops on the ground in Nigeria, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. If you remember America was just trying to get into Nigeria for “Boko Haram” #BULLSHIT but that fell apart when Nigerians started telling the truth. There ARE NO GIRLS MISSING. Global support fell through the floor, and a new reason was needed to get troops into Nigeria and steal the new oil reserves they have discovered.

Reason 2: Sierra Leone is the World’s Largest Supplier of Diamonds. For the past 4 months they have been on strike, refusing to provide diamonds due to horrible working conditions and slave pay. The West will not pay a fair wage for the resources because the idea is to keep these people surviving on rice bags and foreign aid so that they remain a source of cheap slave labor forever. A reason was also needed to get troops on the ground in Sierra Leone to force an end to the diamond miners strikes. This is not the first time this has been done. When miners refuse to work troops are sent in and even if they have to kill and replace them all, the only desire is to get diamonds back flowing out of the country.
Of course to launch multiple campaigns to invade these countries separately would be way too fishy. But something like “Ebola” allows access to an entire area simultaneously…

Reason 3: In addition to stealing Nigerian oil, and forcing Sierra Leone back to mining, troops have also been sent in to FORCE vaccinations (Deadly “Ebola” Poison) onto those Africans who are not foolish enough to take them willingly.

3000 troops are being sent in to make sure that this “poison” continues to spread, because again it is only spread through vaccination. As more and more news articles are released as they have been in Liberia, informing the populous of the US lies and manipulation, more and more Africans are refusing to visit the Red Cross. Troops will force these vaccinations upon the people to ensure the visible appearance of an Ebola pandemic. In addition to this they will protect the Red Cross from the Liberians and Nigerians who have been rightfully ejecting them from their countries.

Reason 4: Last but not least, the APPEARANCE of this Ebola “pandemic” (should Americans not catch on) will be used to scare the countless millions into taking an “Ebola vaccine” which in reality is the pandemic. Already they have started with stories of how it has been brought to the U.S. and has appeared in Dallas, how white doctors were c ured but black infected are not being allowed to be treated, etc.

ALL that will do is make blacks STRIVE to get the vaccine, because it appears that the “cure” is being held back from blacks. They will run out in droves to get it and then there will be serious problems. With all we have seen revealed about vaccines this year you would think we learned our lesson. All I can do is hope so, Because they rely on our ignorance to complete their agendas.

Ask yourself: If Ebola really was spread from person to person, instead of controlled spread through vaccination – then WHY would the CDC and the US Government continue to allow flights in and out of these countries with absolutely no regulation, Or At All? We have got to start thinking and sharing information globally because they do not give the true perspective of the people who live here in West Africa. They are lying for their own benefit and there aren’t enough voices out there with a platform to help share our reality. Hundreds of thousands have been killed, paralyzed and disabled by these and other “new” vaccines all over the world and we are finally becoming aware of it. Now what will we do with all this information?”

This is not the first claim of this type. In September an article by Dr. Cyril Broderick published by The Liberian Observer alleged that deadly diseases such as Ebola and AIDS are bio weapons being tested on Africans

The same newspaper also published a story claiming formaldeyde had been dumped in Liberian water wells and was allegedly causing Ebola-like symptoms

While YourNewsWire cannot verify that these claims are true, we ask that readers do their own research and draw their own conclusions.
- See more at: http://yournewswire.com/ebo-lie-shock-claim-from-ghanaian-nurse/#sthash.r4hht2lO.dpuf

igbo2011:

Thoughts on this?
http://yournewswire.com/ebo-lie-shock-claim-from-ghanaian-nurse/
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by FemoLondon: 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
GenBuhari:

..,. and more gibberish.
Ebola a hoax and your proof is what a lunatic nurse in Ghana said?? You really are either smoking some nasty stuff or you need to see a doctor for your psychosis. Please present intelligent and valid evidence to support your claim that Ebola is a hoax.
Do you also believe in mami wata?? grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by mywakeupcall: 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
FemoLondon:

Ebola a hoax and your proof is what a lunatic nurse in Ghana said?? You really are either smoking some nasty stuff or you need to see a doctor for your psychosis. Please present intelligent and valid evidence to support your claim that Ebola is a hoax.

Hahaha mami wata fine dieee lol
and ebola is as real as real can be. don't get it twisted

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
what evidence would convince you it is a hoax?

FemoLondon:

Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by FemoLondon: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
what evidence would convince you it is a hoax?

please present whatever evidence you have.
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
Before presenting my evidence, can you tell me what you think about what the Ghanaian Nurse wrote.
Why have you dismissed her as a lunatic?
FemoLondon:
please present whatever evidence you have.
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by FemoLondon: 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
Before presenting my evidence, can you tell me what you think about what the Ghanaian Nurse wrote.
Why have you dismissed her as a lunatic?
the lunatic nurse has not presented a single medical evidence disproving the existence of Ebola. All that the lunatic has done is apparently made some ramblings about politics on FB.
I await your evidence ...
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by IfyAwazie(f): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hmmm, may God save us.
Re: Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
What type of medical evidence did you want her to present?
FemoLondon:
the lunatic nurse has not presented a single medical evidence disproving the existence of Ebola. All that the lunatic has done is apparently made some ramblings about politics on FB.
I await your evidence ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: See Obasanjo In His Farm Back In 1979 / 15 Great Nigerian Politicians That “buried” Their Children / Cash Crunch Hit Buhari Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.