Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? (2407 Views)

Is It Appropriate? See What Nollywood Actress Is Doing To Her 1-yr-old Baby Girl / Is It Appropriate To Integrate Sexual Educ Into Informal Education For Children? / French Woman Offers Breast-feeding Service To Gay Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2014
How appropriate is it to breast feed in the presence of strangers? Recently I visited an aunt and when her baby started crying she breast fed Him in d presence of everyone including some of her husband's friend. Though nobody seemed to mind the situation and I guess I was the only one who felt a bit embarrassed. So people wats ut take on this?

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by yuncka: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2014
The only person that need to be worried about that is the baby.

2 Likes

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2014
Take for instance it isn't appropriate , should a nursing mother allow her baby to continue crying just because she's in public?

2 Likes

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by slimyem: 10:11am On Oct 17, 2014
That's why there is what's called nursing covers for situations like that and for women who take modesty seriously..
It is appropriate anywhere this way wink

4 Likes

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Bimpe29: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2014
Is not appropriate and polite to breast feed in public, or in presence of strangers/visitors. However, it may be done in presence of such people such as; your blood relations, your husband's sisters.

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Adakofortune(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2014
k
Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by bellong: 10:25am On Oct 17, 2014
In as much as she is not exposing sisters Deborah, there's no problem.... cheesy
Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Janet101(f): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2014
slimyem:
That's why there is what's called nursing covers for situations like that and for women who take modesty seriously..
It is appropriate anywhere this way wink

I have .nt seen dis before,pls where can I get one...@Op, pls try to understand dat for mothers like me doing exclusive for my baby,it's somehow difficult to manage d situation I don't think ur aunty want to show u her breast o Na situation cause am
Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by slimyem: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
Janet101:

I have .nt seen dis before,pls where can I get one...@Op, pls try to understand dat for mothers like me doing exclusive for my baby,it's somehow difficult to manage d situation I don't think ur aunty want to show u her breast o Na situation cause am
You should be able to get at any baby store or just get beautiful materials and have them made into that.

2 Likes

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Janet101(f): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
slimyem:
You should be able to get at any baby store or just get beautiful materials and have them made into that.

ok thanks
Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nice I tink I'll definately get one for her. Tanks.
Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by SAMBARRY: 8:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
This matter has been over flogged na.you no dey taya to repeat jist ni lipsrsealed
Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Fxwarrior: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
Elantracey:
Take for instance it isn't appropriate , should a nursing mother allow her baby to continue crying just because she's in public?

She was probably in the parlour. If she should enter the bedroom, will the baby die on the way?

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
I don't care about appropriate when a child is hungry. ... And I don't have a choice..

2 Likes

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
I use nursing cover for my bubu but its been increasingly difficult to use lately. He is now 10 months plus and fights me each time i use it. You see us struggling, lol.

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by thorpido(m): 8:46am On Oct 18, 2014
You can't stop a hungry baby from suckling but you can try to be as discrete as possible.
Use a nursing cover or carry your chair and face the wall.
Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
absolutely inappropriate
Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by beeevan: 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
Very inappropriate, she is not the first mother that ever bosom fed, she should cover up undecided.

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by wimpey(m): 1:39am On Feb 28, 2015
marinel:
How appropriate is it to breast feed in the presence of strangers? Recently I visited an aunt and when her baby started crying she breast fed Him in d presence of everyone including some of her husband's friend. Though nobody seemed to mind the situation and I guess I was the only one who felt a bit embarrassed. So people wats ut take on this?
It's perfectly natural . Some babies don't like covers over their heads , so it is also natural to feed without covers . There was much comment on the news over the last few Months about 2 women ( 1 in USA and 1 in Australia ) who bosom fed while graduating from University . Both pictures are are lovely .Both women are beautiful doing their best for their babies . they are not using covers , but you can hardly see any bosom anyway ! I also found a

Re: Breast Feeding In The Presence Of Strangers, Is It Appropriate? by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 28, 2015
For most men, it a capital NO but for most ladies, anything can go. I think, a little HAND-TOWER on top could do a better job..............................................buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. 24/7 services available. Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Physicians And Married In The House, Is MouthAction Really Healthy And Adviseable? / Nigerians In The Diaspora: Please Im Not Rich! / Is It Right To Impregnant A Lady Before Marrying Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.