Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS (57384 Views)

75 Plots For Sale With C Of O In Ibadan For 350k Per Plot. (full Pictures) / Before & After: Renovation/Remodelling Jobs Full Of Surprises / Need To Drill Quality Boreholes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by mavverick: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
Boss.

I already have a borehole with submersible pump. I have some questions.

How can I deploy a solar powered pump ?
Can existing pump be used or a new one will be needed ?
How much will.it cost just to power submersible pump and another pump to take Water from a ground level tank to the tanks on a tower ?

Simple system with low maintenance.

Thanks
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
mavverick:
Boss.

I already have a borehole with submersible pump. I have some questions.

How can I deploy a solar powered pump ?
Can existing pump be used or a new one will be needed ?
How much will.it cost just to power submersible pump and another pump to take Water from a ground level tank to the tanks on a tower ?

Simple system with low maintenance.

Thanks
It is best to change the pump to a solar/DC pump for a long term solution. The other option is to user a solar aRray coupled with an inverter system, but it won't last as long as a solar pump would. We can help you with that if you want.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by weijing3333: 7:16am On Sep 06, 2015
You can ask questions more professional with the customer service staff of Renesola.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by koresh: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2015
Do you have office here in Ogun State
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DUNKA(m): 9:12am On Sep 06, 2015
geesampower:

Deka is the best
what capacity &how much does it cost?
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
DUNKA:
You can get 200ah 12v for 95000 to 100000
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
DUNKA:
And you will use it for avrg of 10years
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by mavverick: 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
geesampower:

It is best to change the pump to a solar/DC pump for a long term solution. The other option is to user a solar aRray coupled with an inverter system, but it won't last as long as a solar pump would. We can help you with that if you want.

Thanks for the reply, what I would like to know is the cost implication of going DC based pump. Can you state this please ?

Thanks.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 6:04am On Sep 11, 2015
mavverick:

Thanks for the reply, what I would like to know is the cost implication of going DC based pump. Can you state this please ?

Thanks.
We are looking at about 450k-500k for a project like this. The pump costs about 250k-260k. Really I prefer using a solar pump to using an inverter coupled with solar power to run an AC pump
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
We will be Renovating this. Stay tuned. A big learning experience for me.

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by segunogunleye: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2015
DECOtech:
Good morning people of Nairaland. I feel honoured being invited to contribute to this very thread by a Worthy Engineer, Derealgeesam. God bless you sir. More power to your elbow.
_
Drilling a water-borehole these days have in a certain way become the reigning thing as the government-run water agencies are no longer working in most areas and are very unreliable in few ares where they still exist. Looking around, one would notice that it is almost impossible to find a modern building that does not have a water-borehole in its premises, owing to the fact that the need for potble water in our daily activities cannot be over emphasised.
_
Early in the history of borehole drilling in Nigeria, it was a project for the government or the rich families in our various societies and that was because the technology used for the job was a cumbersome and very expensive one involving a motorised drill rig. But today, with gratitude to ingenuity we are able to penetrate reasonable depths to reach quality water yielding aquifers under the Earth's crust with the use of manual drilling thereby making borehole drilling in a whole a much cheaper and viable venture.
_
There are two types of manual drills:
1. Tripod drill
2. Seismic drill
_
TRIPOD DRILL
This equipment involves heavy steel drill stems suspended from a tripod stand of about 60ft high with the help of a "winch" to support the weight of the drill stems and require a lot of space to set up. The amount of setup space required makes it difficult to put a water-borehole at a small corner in tightly spaced premises where proper space management is needed. The tripod drill can "almost" rival the motorised rig in terms of depth but not in soil structures with hard and difficult formations of which I personally term "extreme formations". However, with a tripod drill depths of 200meters (600 feet) can be achieved in 4 to 5 days, bearing in mind that the easier the formation of the soil structure, the faster the job goes.
Note that tripod drilling can be three times cheaper than a motorised rig drilling.
_
SEISMIC DRILL
This equipment is my favourite. Because it is very convenient for both the engineer and the client. It is very easy to transport and is very favourable to a space manager as it can allow drillers put a Borehole within a space of a square meter although a work/setup space of up to 8 square meters would be needed initially. However, the seismic drill has its limitations in terms of depth and should not be used except in areas with "easy" soil formations as it is very difficult to drill through a rock in the path of a seismic drill.
Safely a maximum depth of about 90meters (270 feet) can be achieved with a seismic drill and jobs can be completed within 24hrs.
_
In summary, manual drilling has made potable water solutions more viable and withing reach to the average citizen. Let's all help make our environment more comfortable for ourselves.
_
In Fela's voice "water, e no get enemy"

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DECOtech(m): 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
[quote author=segunogunleye post=38902724][/quote]
Nice machine but price is on the very high side.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by donmajor2: 12:10am On Nov 03, 2015
@geesampower Is there any small Solar pump to pump water from an underground reservoir/well to an overhead tank? I am thinking of deploying a small DC pump for this purpose to be used only during sunshine.
Please advise. Thanks in advance
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
donmajor2:
@geesampower Is there any small Solar pump to pump water from an underground reservoir/well to an overhead tank? I am thinking of deploying a small DC pump for this purpose to be used only during sunshine.
Please advise. Thanks in advance
Absolutely. And it can use just 200watts, but would only deliver about 500 to 1000 liter in an hour. If you are on wattsapp, you can contact me I can send the pump to you.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by peaceland(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
Sir
Pls is it that 2.7-3.3 rated generator CANNOT charge a 3.5kva inverter system or its just going to be slow?
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by keziah123: 9:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
geesampower:

Absolutely. And it can use just 200watts, but would only deliver about 500 to 1000 liter in an hour. If you are on wattsapp, you can contact me I can send the pump to you. 08064837161
hello, what's the price pls
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
keziah123:
52,000 naira
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
keziah123:
52,000 naira
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2015
peaceland:
Sir
Pls is it that 2.7-3.3 rated generator CANNOT charge a 3.5kva inverter system or its just going to be slow?
A very good question sir
The rate of charge has NOTHING to do with a generators capacity, it has every thing to do with the charger either the inbuilt charger (inverter) or an auxiliary charger or the use of both.
A typical 3.5kva inverter may not have a charger that is more than 20 to 30 amps, typically 24v, during the first stage of charging the charger uses a higher voltage to charge 28v -32v.
This means the peak draw from your generator is 30amps by 32v which is 960va, so far you generator can provide this then you are ok. Does not matter if it is a 3kva generator or 100kva generator, your charger would only draw what is needed to charge the batteries and go through the whole 4 stage of charging. Real average draw would be more of 480va
With a 20amp charger, charging 4 200ah batteries would take about 10 hours.
For faster charging, add an auxiliary charger and you can half the charge time but double the power requirement.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by Barezzi(m): 11:08am On Nov 14, 2015
I have a 4300VA magnum inverter that has a charging current of 55Adc.
i have a 6500VA generator.
When ever i use the generator to charge my battery bank, the inverter draws about 12Aac, while feeding 55Adc to the battery bank(Bulk charging stage). The house draws an extra 4Aac, bringing total draw to about 16Aac. My generator usually groans like it wants to die grin grin grin A 6.5kva gen o shocked
So check your maths again...
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
Barezzi:
I have a 4300VA magnum inverter that has a charging current of 55Adc.
i have a 6500VA generator.
When ever i use the generator to charge my battery bank, the inverter draws about 12Aac, while feeding 55Adc to the battery bank(Bulk charging stage). The house draws an extra 4Aac, bringing total draw to about 16Aac. My generator usually groans like it wants to die grin grin grin A 6.5kva gen o shocked
So check your maths again...
There is nothing wrong with my maths.
All inverters don't have the same charging current. What you need to do is to check the charging current of your inverter. You just said your inverter has a charging current of 55A dc, that is YOUR inverter. The example I gave above was 30A dc Max NOT 55ADC. So don't mix things up sir.
The importance of my comment is in educating the reader on how to calculate this them selves.
this is not a thread for one fits all, it is for education. You take the knowledge and adapt to your unique situation.
If I say for every 4kva magnum inverter buy a 8kva generator. Does that mean I am making sense?
Absolutely NO.
Because you still have to calculate rate of charge.
Would your inverter need 10hrs to charge 4 200ah batteries?
Absolutely NO.
But the example I gave above would need 10hrs to charge the batteries.
So my maths is not wrong in anyway. Situations only differs
You have to make sure you put round pegs in round holes.
Buy a generator that can deliver what your charging current is
And don't neglect the voltage too.
The lesser you have to step down to the more current your generator can comfortably deliver.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
geesampower:

A very good question sir
The rate of charge has NOTHING to do with a generators capacity, it has every thing to do with the charger either the inbuilt charger (inverter) or an auxiliary charger or the use of both.
A typical 3.5kva inverter may not have a charger that is more than 20 to 30 amps, typically 24v, during the first stage of charging the charger uses a higher voltage to charge 28v -32v.
This means the peak draw from your generator is 30amps by 32v which is 960va, so far you generator can provide this then you are ok. Does not matter if it is a 3kva generator or 100kva generator, your charger would only draw what is needed to charge the batteries and go through the whole 4 stage of charging. Real average draw would be more of 480va
With a 20amp charger, charging 4 200ah batteries would take about 10 hours.
For faster charging, add an auxiliary charger and you can half the charge time but double the power requirement.
Mr barezzi, pls note what I said; THE RATE. The question he was asking on is if one generator would charge faster than another generator. RATE has NOTHING to do with generator size but EVERYTHING to do with the inbuilt charger or auxiliary charger you are using. Thee generator size only determines IF that power can be supplied or not.
Appreciate your contribution.
Can you share with use the other appliances you use with the generator sir
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hello
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
Light
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:40am On Nov 28, 2015
Rural and urban application
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
Renewable energy is a long term investment
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
Yes
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
Solution
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:03am On Nov 30, 2015
geesampower:

THE LOAD
AC (1.5hp) each 1800Watts X 4= 7,200Watts
Fridge (approx)=200W
Freezer(approx)=300W
TV 42inch(approx) each 200w (max) X4= 800W
Light bulb (energy saving) 26W X15 = 390w
Washing machine (What size :/ ) Let's assume it is not more than 3cubic feet spinner= 400W (minimum)
TOTAL= 9, 290W X 1.5 (power factor)
= 13,900 Va
=13.9Kva

DURATION
Everything can't be on at once so we use 12hrs for calculation. Though this will be practically 24hrs even days depending on how much is loaded per time.
9,290W X12Hr = 111,480 WHr
111.5KwHr

Solar/Wind hybrid
Solar takes 40% and wind 60% of power generation
(I am giving wind power 60% because of the windy location and to save space solar panels will occupy)

Solar takes 44.6kwHr generation
In 10hours 4.6kw panels will do the job
So... We need just 4.6kw panels

Wind takes 66.9kw
In24hrs of wind that means we need just 2.8kw of wind turbine

We need a storage of
About 60% capacity (would have been 100% but the wind turbines helps save cost on batteries as they work almost round the clock)
So we need a battery bank of 66.9kwh

If we are using 200ah batteries (which we won't better to use 400ah batteries at 6v)
We only need 28 batteries

TOTAL cost of this setup batteries wind turbines, poles and concrete casting, solar panels safety features, installation, inverter, controLlers and all will
cost N 8,992,307.7

Thank you

I had to do all the break down because any one from anywhere in the world cld stumble on this thread and I want them to understand what we are talking about.
Morning
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by Barezzi(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nice one, my only grouse is the 10 solar hrs.
Its not realistic. 5hrs is a better estimate.

i am very interested in adding wind to my current setup.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
Barezzi:
Nice one, my only grouse is the 10 solar hrs.
Its not realistic. 5hrs is a better estimate.

i am very interested in adding wind to my current setup.
24hrs cheesy
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by FabioPeter: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
How do you calculate the optimal battery bank(AH) required to store say 8000wh generated by 4, 200w solar panels over 10 hours of sunlight ?
Thanks for the enlightenment so far.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

Hire Dump Trucks At A Cheap Rate, And U Can Also Call Us For Quality Granite / This House Takes 6 Hours To Build And Costs Just $33K / Somebody's Living Room Flooded In Lekki After The Rain (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.