Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here (2351 Views)

Shopping Online From Mr Price In Nigeria / Girl Goes Shopping Without Bra / Would You Go Shopping With Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by beautyboxng: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
Experiences are great teachers! Share your Dubai shopping experience here, store locations, price bargaining and good deals you walked away with. Your contributions would help seasoned shoppers in Dubai become better shoppers and new ones become smarter shoppers as well. We look forward to your hearing about your shopping experience.
Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by AmenJoan(f): 6:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Following, hitting Dubai soon
Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by Petitediva14(f): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
I was unable to buy anything. I think I went to the stores that were expensive because the clothes I saw were either expensive, not my style or too big.

I would appreciate it if someone who know where awesome bargains and quality clothes/items are sold stated them. In case of next time *dreaming*
Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by bebe2(f): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
My frd just came back,

She wasnt happy wen she came back, she found it very stressful because of all the haggling.

Something they want to sell for 100 they will say 500 and u start pricing.

This can be very tiring if u r buying lots of things.

she also advice never to go with the callers that stands on the street asking u to what u want to buy. If they take u there the seller will add money to the price because they will need to give d guy commission.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by AmenJoan(f): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Petitediva14:
I was unable to buy anything. I think I went to the stores that were expensive because the clothes I saw were either expensive, not my style or too big.
I would appreciate it if someone who know where awesome bargains and quality clothes/items are sold stated them. In case of next time *dreaming*
Wow, this is discouraging. More comments please
Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by larosa(f): 6:09am On Oct 20, 2014
From my experience:

1. Dubai is very safe don't be afraid to go out of your hotel and explore on your own most of d good bargains I got I ditched my agent and went out alone.

2. lots of very poor quality stuff so check before you buy.

3. you could good as well as poor quality in the same shop.

4. try shops at Nasir square, also shops around d gold souq

5. be friendly and chat with other African / Nigerian women you meet they are quite helpful but pick advise carefully

6. enter balogun market and do proper market survey before you go.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by AmenJoan(f): 6:19am On Oct 20, 2014
Thanks. Explain your last point please

larosa:
From my experience:

1. Dubai is very safe don't be afraid to go out of your hotel and explore on your own most of d good bargains I got I ditched my agent and went out alone.

2. lots of very poor quality stuff so check before you buy.

3. you could good as well as poor quality in the same shop.

4. try shops at Nasir square, also shops around d gold souq

5. be friendly and chat with other African / Nigerian women you meet they are quite helpful but pick advise carefully

6. enter balogun market and do proper market survey before you go.
Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
I used to think Dubai was superb for shopping until I traveled to Turkey.You can get quality clothes and also affordable.
Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
Petitediva14:

I would appreciate it if someone who know where awesome bargains and quality clothes/items are sold stated them. In case of next time

*dreaming*
Next time go to down town.You can buy quality clothes from those expensive shops at cheaper rate in January when they are on sales.
Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by NEGZY(f): 11:04am On Oct 21, 2014
For ladies wears you could check independent star,their things are a bit pricy buh of good quality.
For children wears go to shops close to gold souk i.e the building before city gold costume shop. You will get good children wears and branded office shirts for men and ladies at very good prices.
For laces, velvet and d rest go to bur-dubai if you are buying in large quantity.
To buy gold at wholesale price check gold centre just behind gold souk.
For info just pm me.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Dubai Shopping Experience Here by luther121: 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
C0MING TO DO SHOPPING IN DUBAI OR TRYING TO GET A DUBAI VISA OR PLACE ORDER WITHOUT COMING YOURSELF CONSIDERING THE VISA PALAVA OR FLIGHT COST WHICHEVER ONE IT IS, I LIVE IN THE UAE(dubai) YOU CAN HIT ME ON (+971561562840) OR (jimhenz3@hotmail.com),
I WILL TAKE YOU TO WHERE YOU CAN LOCATE AND BUY WHATEVER YOU WANT OR BUY AND CAR-GO FOR YOU AT ""THE CHEAPEST RATE"(cheapest Hotels, cloths, designers, jewelry, Furniture, electronics, phones e.t.c)......NO STORY, NOTHING LIKE SCAM. "YOU AND I WILL SEE FACE TO FACE WHEN YOU COME TO DUBAI" AND 1 CAN TAKE YOU TO WHEREVER YOU WANT TO VISIT IN DUBAI.

(1) (Reply)

How Nollywood Jesus Came Down From The Cross To Pursue Reverend Sister. / Audition! Audition!! Model Casting Call For The Biggest Fashion Show In Nigeria / New arrival: ladies trendy shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.