Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH (45778 Views)

Shocking:video Of A Nigerian Soldiers Hand To Hand Combat With BH Militant / Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? / Murderous And Mindless Buhari/APC Has Reached A New All Time Low !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by honeric01(m): 9:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Yes GEJ did, that is what a true patriot does for his country.

President Yar'dua sent him to the creek to get the job done.

I normally don't respond to people of low character but yours just keeps irritating me.

it was Alams that did the negotiations, not GEJ, stop twisting fact.

Good night.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by DONOCHAS(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
Is dat so, wel gud news. But i pray they won't start again.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by MAYOWAAK: 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
Soooooo, the Federal Government of the ruling PDP reached a 'cease fire' agreement with Boko Haram? Awesome news, right? I'm just a bit confused as to why representatives of 'Janjaweedians' were not invited? Isn't APC the terrorist arm of BH anymore?

If many Nigerians on NAIRALAND were thinkers,they should have been wondering how this meeting held in the first place. But if they couldn't think and ask why the FG couldn't arrest the 'Janjaweedians' for funding BH and even running it, I don't expect anything better from them.

Zombie ooo, zombie, zombie ooo, zombie. Jonathanians just run around with any propaganda and feed it to fellow hare-braineds as them. Zombie no dey reason, e no dey think, e no dey analyse. All zombie does is jorojarajoro from wall to wall, group to group....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by kaposky(f): 9:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
My concern is for them to release those girls alive and well. Whatever their negotiations are do not matter to me. PERIOD!!!
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
trulygirl:
I wonder why they left it this late or maybe the fear of #buhari is the beginning of wisdom. All we want is a better Nigeria doesn't matter who win 2015 just a better Nigeria.

Youths in the house say #NO to these old politicians. Am hoping to see a 20 - 30years old person in the House of Rep come 2015 otherwise the youths in Nigeria are total failure. instead of channeling our energy on voting out this old cargos we are here on social media playing to the tunes from the drums of the people we have been hearing their name since we were in our mothers womb angry angry shocked shocked

Why u no contest?
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Austin234(m): 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
No cease fire until we the Chibok girls. #Bringbackourgirls#
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by bonasco20: 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
patrickmuf:
2015 magic don start...I thought boko haram was a faceless sect? Now election is around the corner, boko haram suddenly has a face...I dey laugh

Why are some Nigerians (like u) so narrow minded, is it not obvious dat the sect has realized that they are on the losing side now? they are been hunted and killed in numbers every day, their only option now is to negotiate.. we should be thankful to the government for their effort and not relate incommensurable, distinct and baseless rants aimed at demeaning the government's effort. my friend , what do did topic has to do with the 2015 elections...(perhaps u wrote obliviously bearing in mind that u understand politiccs )? 4 ur mind!!! I still rep naija #irepnaija@uk

1 Like

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by oluHappy(m): 10:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
This is a welcome development but help ask our president hope not because of election bi dis ooooo & is Shekahu alive now? shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Kessyy2k4(m): 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
Buhari declares his presidential ambition on
Wednesday
Buhari buys presidential Nomination Form on
Thursday
Boko Haram agrees to a ceasefire deal on Friday

pls do the mathsgrin

1 Like

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by patrickmuf(m): 11:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
bonasco20:

Why are some Nigerians (like u) so narrow minded, is it not obvious dat the sect has realized that they are on the losing side now? they are been hunted and killed in numbers every day, their only option now is to negotiate.. we should be thankful to the government for their effort and not relate incommensurable, distinct and baseless rants aimed at demeaning the government's effort. my friend , what do did topic has to do with the 2015 elections...(perhaps u wrote obliviously bearing in mind that u understand politiccs )? 4 ur mind!!! I still rep naija #irepnaija@uk
You're rather myopic in your view...
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by bewizle(m): 12:46am On Oct 18, 2014
Inside junction, T junction dey jare! D gods are wise.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:55am On Oct 18, 2014
Ngwakwe:

There would've been no need for $1 billion loan had Buhari answered the call to serve his fatherland and negotiated on their behalf three years ago than being selfish.

Is it not human being that negotiated this truce? Why not Buhari?

Remember, he wanted the FG to threat them like Niger Delta militants
U're been economical wit d truth.
Buhari's name was mentioned as a would-be negotiator then, ppl like u was d 1st to immediately tag him as bh leader, then he refused 2 be part of it, now u're runnin foul wit ur mouth here...

Smh 4 u undecided
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by biznessben(m): 6:07am On Oct 18, 2014
Only a fool can go to sleep with his house on fire! Either the Cameroonian virus of paying ransom to terrorists has become air borne and infected Nigeria, or the naive Nigerian gov’t is dancing to the tune of a drum played by a ghost. The fight between Nigeria and Boko Haram has been lopsided, with the group inflicting everlasting physical and psychological scars on Nigeria’s collective psyche. At a time when Nigeria was beginning to make a dent on Boko Haram’s armor, the group has decided to play ruse and delaying tactics, in order to stock up in new leaders, weapons, sponsors and money. Shame does cruel things to the brain, so the Nigerian gov’t can even go to bed with Lucifer to spare itself the embarrassment of being turned into a laughing stock by This thuggish group. Due to political expediency, the Nigerian gov’t has rushed to cut a deal with terrorists. Elections are coming up in 2015, so Badluck Jonathan cannot allow the bleeding to continue. If it is BH that took the initial steps and that Nigeria was bent on fighting to the end,why not reject such overtures? When negotiating with these thugs Presidents Biya and Jonathan didn’t show up , but Idriss Derby did! Does this not ring bells as to the role of trouble maker he’s assuming? Why is there no Boko Haram in his country, which also happen to have a large Moslem population ? A large chunk of Borno State was in the hands of Boko Haram, and the group had already declared these areas a caliphate. All we are told about the negotiations is the fate of the 200 or so girls, what about the new caliphate? Is it going to remain in the hands of Boko Haram? Is Nigeria now dealing with a country within a country?
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by BetaThings: 6:28am On Oct 18, 2014
Ngwakwe:

This is what Gen Buhari would have achieved for his beloved country had he accepted to mediate on Bokoharam behalf in Saudi Arabia when they nominated him.

We have lost unaccountable innocent Nigerians and properties worth billions of dollars including the defence budget wasted in the fight against these monsters, only for the selfish Buhari to borrow money to contest for president of a country he refused to sacrifice a little for its citizens.

Say no to Buhari, he is too selfish.
You are a wicked soul
EVERYONE that has worked for Jonathan has been rubbished
It was a plot by Jonathan to set Buhari up as a Boko Haram repsentative
Same Jonathan is frolicking with Modu Sheriff

Aig Imoukhuede - report on subsidy scam achieved nothing
Ribadu - Jonathan planted Oronsanye to ridicule the report at the point of presentation
Christophe Kolade - Messed up with SURE P
Gamaliel Onosode - David Mark said his committee did not know what they were doing when they signed a deal with ASUU
Jonathan, his wife, Kema Chikwe, Akpabio etc said Chibok girls were not missing!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by muh4lyf(m): 6:37am On Oct 18, 2014
I had always known that bokoharam is a movies we all had been watching. I am just wondering why we are so divided. Our future had already been jeopardised. Lots of we youths are out there with no job. Our parents sent us 2 school to better there lifes,have we realy been able to fufill our obligations to them? NO. That why we need change come 2015. Irrespective of your tribe or religion,we all are suffering... Let's come togethe and vote for change.... For me and my household it's the peoples General,General Muhammadu Buhari(2015)....

1 Like

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by DonXavi(m): 6:43am On Oct 18, 2014
Buhari is the sponsor,Deby is a Muslim,BH speaker is a Muslim and where the negotiation took place was in Saudi. We know that is an Islamic thing. Pretender and liars with cockroach brain will still praise South Africa and accused CAN President and GEJ for sponsoring BH. Why did the negotiation not take place in Jerusalem,Israel or Aso rock nd why is CAN President is absent? Deceitful elements!!
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by eldoradoxx: 7:07am On Oct 18, 2014
24 hours to TAN rally where Jonathan will declare his presidential bid? Hmmmmm. I smell a fish.someone knows more about insurgency and intends to provlfit from it.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by madejibo: 7:24am On Oct 18, 2014
Ngwakwe:

This is what Gen Buhari would have achieved for his beloved country had he accepted to mediate on Bokoharam behalf in Saudi Arabia when they nominated him.

We have lost unaccountable innocent Nigerians and properties worth billions of dollars including the defence budget wasted in the fight against these monsters, only for the selfish Buhari to borrow money to contest for president of a country he refused to sacrifice a little for its citizens.

Say no to Buhari, he is too selfish.

Who told you that if Buhari had accepted the offer an agreement would have been reached? It was probably a ploy to rubbish his peronality further. They would have held the meetind and more violence would have occurred and people like you would have come out to rubbish Buhari.The ex general knows better than to be tricked into arrangy. The time was not right then for a ceasefire deal, we all know the plan now, FG is the main force behind Boko Haram, all these ceasefire arrangy is all because of elections and GEJ's 2nd term, when SA foiled their Arms deal, they had to resort to this. Anyway, am glad that violence will reduce. I thought they said no girl was kidnapped at Chibok in the first place, so who are the girls that are going to be freed now?
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by FLYFIRE(m): 7:28am On Oct 18, 2014
Segeggs:
the above foolishness is the reason you lost your job as a Mod on NL
THE WAY YOU APC MEMBERS ATTACK ANYTHING AGAINST BUHARI & GENERALLY BEHAVES SPEAKS VOLUME ABOUT THE CHANGE YOU PREACH. BY THE WAY, ASK YOUR SAVIOUR AGAIN HOW MUCH ABACHA STOLE...HYPOCRITES.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by yazz09(m): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2014
Go to my blog and make your stand known . Answer the poll question and let's show this government how disappointed we are with them in this matter. http://yazz09..com
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Remii(m): 7:36am On Oct 18, 2014
Kessyy2k4:
Buhari declares his presidential ambition on
Wednesday
Buhari buys presidential Nomination Form on
Thursday
Boko Haram agrees to a ceasefire deal on Friday

pls do the mathsgrin

so purchase of nomination form equals winning election abi? was buhari at negotiation table?. pdp is yet to prove apc 's bh connection. i think we should take effort to think without sentiments. buhari called bh ungodly in his declaration speech.

another maths for you, i guess, is modu sheriff's factor, his name has always been called, he left apc for pdp, things start going south for bh.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Ijaya123: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2014
Now that GEJ wants to officially declare his intention for the presidency, the govt has suddenly reached a ceasefire with BokoHaram.
What a coincidence.
As if we don't know that this govt is behind BokoHaram.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by rightflank: 8:33am On Oct 18, 2014
Great news assuming it has no political undertone.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by DaBullIT(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2014
Idrismusty97:
wow! Goodnews! But for how long? And i hope this isn't some mere election stunts. Nevertheless Kudos to the government and our gallant Army. Hoping this will be the permanent end to Boko haram and insurgency in the country.

[size=15pt]My brother , it is an ELECTION STUNT and i believe South Africa was right to have seized the cash, they weren't purchasing weapons, they wanted to settle / pay Boko Haram or Launder the money. I am still not voting for Jonathan or PDP[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by DaBullIT(m): 9:45am On Oct 18, 2014
yazz09:
OK if they finish negotiations with them they will go free or what? After killing thousands of innocent people, they now have the right to start making demands.

This is a very bad move by government. And I strongly believe that they will demand for amnesty which FG will willingly grant, while graduates dey roam the streets hungry, uneducated illiterates will be scooping thousands of naira from FG every month just because they agreed to stop terrorism.

For me even if they sign any cease fire agreement, they will be charged for all the crimes that they have committed all these years.

Thank you.

[size=15pt]JEG will grant them Amnesty

JEG will grant them pardons

JEG will probably pay to fly them abroad and train them in a vocation like they did to mend or was it massob

JEG will pay them off in tunes of Millions of Dollars

Meanwhile

Billions of Naira worth of property damaged by these terrorists are lying in carcass , not repaired,

Thousands of Lives and livelihoods have been destroyed , taken and ended , No one has paid the families of victims

Unless those girls have really in a hotel , They can't be human , never again , not after what they have been through / seen

Millions of Nigerians have been traumatized , sotay when you see a polythene bag by the road , you run, nobody did or is doing anything to supress the trauma or assure Nigerians

Of Which Oga Jona borrowed 1B USD

They just purchased another set of weapons and claim to be winning war against Boko haram

S.A is holding on to some of our money

20B is missing from Subsidy , no one is looking for it

Lastly , Murderers won't go free, like i said yesterday, Nigerians will arrange reprisals against every aboki not in the north, there'll be reprisals for reprisals , Ethnic riot leads to Ethnical cleansing and that'll be war on our hands, of which Jona and his people will leave Nigeria, not geographically, i mean the BIAFRAN dream will finally be achieved, I may be wrong , but a few other CIA reports seem to suggest something similiar, follow CIA for more info[/size]
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by BetaThings: 10:17am On Oct 18, 2014
Ijaya123:
Now that GEJ wants to officially declare his intention for the presidency, the govt has suddenly reached a ceasefire with BokoHaram.
What a coincidence.
As if we don't know that this govt is behind BokoHaram.
53/ boys murdered in Burni Yadi around January - no response
200+ girls kidnapped in April - no response/it is a lie/we don't believe it
73 killed in Nyanya - PDP rally in Kano and celebration with Olubadan next day
Nyako impeached, Al Makura leaning on the ropes
GEJ suddenly wants $1b to URGENTLY fight Boko Haram
Now 4 months before the election everything is hyperactive
BH is being routed
Chibok girls are about to be released
Check the wicked electoral-momentum timing of the rescue efforts after 6 months
There is God

2 Likes

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by CzarRex: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2014
trulygirl:

Youths in the house say #NO to these old politicians. Am hoping to see a 20 - 30years old person in the House of Rep come 2015 otherwise the youths in Nigeria are total failure.

@trulygirl #NoOffence tho...I dnt mean 2 b rude...dont u tink dia is a reason y youthz of nigeria btwn 20-30 aren't holdin any position bcus d 1999 constitution wich Nigeria currently uses states dat b4 a citizen of nigeria can hold a political position in Nigeria he/she MUST BE UP TO 35 YEARS OR ABOVE..so dat is why obviously if u check around those holdin positions in nigeria are old men sum hu ar already grt grandpas already...d constitution dat we use under military regime permitted dat anybdy In d military culd take power at anytime wich was d reason y we had mostly bad leaders den so dat is wat dey are tryin to avoid in d 1999 constitution wich made it possible 4 dis old military cargoes 2 come back as civilians nd try to rule us...I hope I ave bin able 2 state mysef clearly
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by zurine(f): 11:13am On Oct 18, 2014
hmm
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by prettyboi1(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mr.Jonathan'a government & cabinet are mostly full of thieves,clueless people,selfish people & unpatriotic people. Let me explain why. Look,the war against boko haram isn't conventional warfare I.e it is not a war against two countries or two known sides. It's guerrilla warfare cos we are fighting insurgents and terrorists that we don't know for certain(even though it now seems like the government knows these people but has just been lying all along that they don't know them). The insurgents/terrorists on the other hand know us and they are fighting Nigeria & everything Nigerian by every means. For them,it's a drawn line already "KILL EVERYTHING NIGERIAN EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE A REASON TO"....that's their fuel,motivation & motto, I guess. So, calling a ceasefire with these bastards is not going to change that.
If they see any Nigerian anywhere around them (even if it's in a village) during the "ceasefire" they would still kill him/her without the federal government knowing. You see? In recent times,we have been winning these bastards & their leader has once again been killed by our great Nigerian forces so they're really very disorganized right now & that means with a little more efforts,our military can clear their "soldiers" and mercenaries off. Now,if we were fighting a conventional war against another country, a ceasefire won't have been a bad idea cos if that country breaks the pact,we know where to hit them cos the location of that country is fixed and cannot change from where it is on the map. Here,we are dealing with some guerrilla terrorists that keep moving from place to place & that means that as long as they exist (even under a ceasefire pact), nowhere in Nigeria is safe cos they can just strike a place & relocate. On top of that,they are "claiming" Nigerian territory & that is a threat ....A BIG THREAT TO OUR SOVEREIGNTY & Africa as a whole. That means that they can wake up tomorrow & claim to be a republic or federation or whatever. Eg. Federation of boko haram states.
Look,a ceasefire is only an attempt by them to go regroup,re-strategize & recruit more foot soldiers(which sadly would be innocent Nigerians which they would kidnap undercover again & force to join them). Remember When boko haram first struck in 2009? In just a week or so,former president Yar'Adua's government crushed them & we thought that was it only for them to 're-surface in 2010 bigger and stronger cos we let our guard down. I say "NO" to this ceasefire cos I know it can never favour our nation in the long run. This government is only concerned about winning another term & they probably just want to use this opportunity to get a point for campaigns. Ceasefire pacts would not benefit Nigeria in the long run my people.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by hadizadeezy(f): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
ceasefire Agreement with ghosts?

but dsame GEJ said they are invisible

2015 Election is knocking at our doors

1 Like

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by VivaLaFrans: 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
Idrismusty97:
wow! Goodnews! But for how long? And i hope this isn't some mere election stunts. Nevertheless Kudos to the government and our gallant Army. Hoping this will be the permanent end to Boko haram and insurgency in the country.
End Fire! Boko Haram can only end when Islam is wiped off the earth...
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by saintikechi(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
Adminisher:

Your GEJ has just made a deal with terrorists. The worst part is not the deal itself, it is that as usual he has left it too late till they have all become pregnant for demons. He is now going to release hardened terrorists from prison and maybe give them money to start new lives. Maybe some of them will even go into politics after amnesty. Please think and be honest to yourself, is this the kind of President Nigeria deserves?.

are u sugesting that we should abandon the girls? GEJ will never abandon them. GEJ TILL 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uche Secondus Visits Goodluck Jonathan With PDP NWC (Photos) / How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan / Bola Tinubu Welcomes French Ambassador To His Ikoyi Residence In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.