Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money (782 Views)

AIRTEL NG BB COMPLETE/MONTH NOW 3GB FOR N1400!!! / How Airtel Actually Charges Android Users On Their Blackberry Data Plans / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money by aragon4realz(m): 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
from the careful study and analysis that I have made to observe tha way my data was being consumed on airtel Nigeria data plan,I have come to the conclusion that airtel Nigeria are ripping us(their esteemed customers) off,
can you imagine spending your hard earned 2K to buy an android which is actually 2gig of data bundle(which I call a visual 2gig) and after downloading an app worth 500mb you are left with 200mb of data on your phone.
I got so annoyed that I decided to waste it all so I went to a movie site and looked for a movie worth 120mb to download,I started downloading the movie which got to 50% completed and my data got exhausted.....I couldn't take so I stated breaking things, pls don't ask me what
so in conclusion am posting this for the ignorant ones out there who think the got 2gig after your subscription.....you don't be warned!!!!
2gig from airtel=750mb or less on airtel Nigeria,BE WISE!!!!
Re: How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money by fatnaija: 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
aragon4realz:
from the careful study and analysis that I have made to observe tha way my data was being consumed on airtel Nigeria data plan,I have come to the conclusion that airtel Nigeria are ripping us(their esteemed customers) off,
can you imagine spending your hard earned 2K to buy an android which is actually 2gig of data bundle(which I call a visual 2gig) and after downloading an app worth 500mb you are left with 200mb of data on your phone.
I got so annoyed that I decided to waste it all so I went to a movie site and looked for a movie worth 120mb to download,I started downloading the movie which got to 50% completed and my data got exhausted.....I couldn't take so I stated breaking things, pls don't ask me what
so in conclusion am posting this for the ignorant ones out there who think the got 2gig after your subscription.....you don't be warned!!!!
2gig from airtel=750mb or less on airtel Nigeria,BE WISE!!!!

If you are on PC did you check that your Windows/Anti-Virus automatic update is turned off?
Re: How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money by Lovetinz(m): 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
Have you ported?
Re: How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money by aragon4realz(m): 6:30am On Oct 18, 2014
fatnaija:

If you are on PC did you check that your Windows/Anti-Virus automatic update is turned off?
never use Pc cos it wouldn't last a minute
Re: How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money by topelly2002(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ aragon4reaz…..i had a similar experience and had to place a call to their call center where I was briefed on the Android bundle plan.
Apparently the burn rate differs at particular times with the highest being 1.5kobo/kb between 10pm – 6am.This could be a reason why you think you are being ripped off.
Like fatnaija pointed out , if you have series of application running at the back ground i.e. Antivirus etc. this can also consume data without your knowledge.
I use an Android device and from the DATA USAGE section, you can actually see volume of data consumed within a particular time frame and apps responsible for this.

1 Like

Re: How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money by Abbey2sam(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
the fact that what your downloading is 200mb doesn't mean that the data you need to download it would 200mb

it might triple the data.........that's to download a file of 200mb might cost you up to 600mb.......

please which site are you downloading your movies....help me with a link

i'm rocking my mtn 3gig
Re: How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money by obosirow: 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Another thing to note is that inside the 2gig, you uplink+downlink data is deducted.
Airtel actually stated that conditions apply to this android data bundle...
A peak hours if you download 1mb data, you are charged 1.5mb; in other words, if you download 2mb it is charged as 3mb.
Off peak hours, what you download is what you are charged meaning 1mb = 1mb.

The time you download matters, your background apps too consume data, social apps ping regularly to update or receive push data. Googleplay also pings its database to ascertain if the apps you have installed are up to date.....bla bla bla.

You can install AFWALL+ to set what app connects on your phone when your data is on.
Re: How Airtel Ng Are Ripping Us Off Our Money by Hoosars: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
A friend recommended the android bundle for me after they were hacking my mb when I was using the bb subscription. I must say I acruelly enjoyed the 2gig for 2k, rocking glo now though.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Imei / Which Should I Go For--infinix Zero; Gionee M2 Or Techno H6 / Get Original 13000mah Powerbank Which Is Highly Effective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.