Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,779 members, 7,798,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

.... - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .... (17471 Views)

Gov Suswam,terhemen Tarzoor Spotted With V.P Namadi Sambo In Gambia / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General / We Are Not Planning To Field A Muslim-muslim Ticket – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .... by OboloMAN: 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
maestroferddi:
PDP, the only national party in the very essence of the phrase.

Others are just constraining themselves to look same but unfortunately the spots of the leopard require much more than the most portent of washing powders to erase...

Thank You My Brother... PDP is the Only National Party.. Where Minorities have a Stake.

Minority group have no voice in APC.
ANd For the records 80 % of APC supporters are moslems... so that cant be a national party

2 Likes

Re: .... by Sloan: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ogbonaikenna:
rubbish! Absolute rubbish. In a country of over 200 ethnic groups, my must it be yoruba. Why not an irohbo man for president and a tiv as vice.

If they have hands, legs, brains and interest, no one will and can ever stop them. If they all stay in their homes, should we go and drag them out by force? Anyways, you are either being coy or stoopid to make that statement because your aim is to muddy the waters with tribalism and religion. Anyone in Nigeria can start his own party and build a following, if any person or people do nothing or fail serially like APGA and your people, it is not the job of others to work for you, form party, campaign, build alliances, etc and then call an uninterested person in his house to come and lead or become a candidate.
Re: .... by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sloan:

If they have hands, legs, brains and interest, no one will and can ever stop them. If they all stay in their homes, should we go and drag them out by force? Anyways, you are either being coy or stoopid to make that statement because your aim is to muddy the waters with tribalism and religion. Anyone in Nigeria can start his own party and build a following, if any person or people do nothing or fail serially like APGA and your people, it is not the job of others to work for you, form party, campaign, build alliances, etc and then call an uninterested person in his house to come and lead or become a candidate.
ve®y sound and funny(especially the last sentence) grin
Re: .... by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sloan:

rubbish. Are these other ethnic groups not in apc? You hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: .... by o42austino(m): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
What is the population of non-indigen in Kano state? And do you follow the voting pattern in Nigeria past elections? You Jonathanians gotta asked Obj why he made a pact with AD Govs and AD in 2003.
dude pls note that in Presidential Election d candidates are expected to get some level of popularity in all d geo-political zones via votes, that means that even if u dont win in a particular zone ur expected to get a reasonable vote from that Zone, so if GMB wins in d north and south west but could not get reasonable vote from d S.East and SS he will not be decleared d winner, d same with GEJ.

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
o42austino:
dude pls note that in Presidential Election d candidates are expected to get some level of popularity in all d geo-political zones via votes, that means that even if u dont win in a particular zone ur expected to get a reasonable vote from that Zone, so if GMB wins in d north and south west but could not get reasonable vote from d S.East and SS he will not be decleared d winner, d same with GEJ.
A candidate must get 25% votes in at least 2/3rd of the whole 36 states and FcT in addition to majority votes. He doesn't need the SE, a 25% in any of Edo, Rivers or Delta will balance the equation in addition to minimum 25% in SW, NE, NC, NW and Abuja which are 100% feasible. In other words, GMB needs just 2/3rd of 27 States minimum
Re: .... by tit(f): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
GMB needs just 2/3rd of 27 States minimum

try your luck.

3 Likes

Re: .... by OboloMAN: 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
A candidate must get 25% votes in at least 2/3rd of the whole 36 states and FcT in addition to majority votes. He doesn't need the SE, a 25% in any of Edo, Rivers or Delta will balance the equation in addition to minimum 25% in SW, NE, NC, NW and Abuja which are 100% feasible. In other words, GMB needs just 2/3rd of 27 States minimum

As an Ijaw man... i no u are just playing by the rules and securing ur interest in APC.

But come febuary 14 ..2015 ... u will surely vote for Jonathan.

Even ur ward is Totally a PDP Ward

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
OboloMAN:

As an Ijaw man... i no u are just playing by the rules and securing ur interest in APC.

But come febuary 14 ..2015 ... u will surely vote for Jonathan.

Even ur ward is Totally a PDP Ward
please bro, tell me just 2 benefits that the Ijaw nation have gained from Jonathan's government
Re: .... by backtosender: 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
i cant wait to come back here after election and laugh at the whiskers with their oily brains grin grin
Re: .... by OboloMAN: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
please bro, tell me just 2 benefits that the Ijaw nation have gained from Jonathan's government

Unlike the Gambaris that have ruled in the Past Jonathan is not operating as a regional President.
He is a Nigerian president and shouldn't move all developments to the south Alone.

He may not have done much but buhari wouldnt have done better.

Jonathan gave minority groups a say in nigeria...

How possible would a Gambari president allow an igbo or ijaw man to hold key positions in nigeria?

My broda let's appreciate the little GEJ has done.

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
OboloMAN:

Unlike the Gambaris that have ruled in the Past Jonathan is not operating as a regional President.
He is a Nigerian president and shouldn't move all developments to the south Alone.

He may not have done much but buhari wouldnt have done better.

Jonathan gave minority groups a say in nigeria...

How possible would a Gambari president allow an igbo or ijaw man to hold key positions in nigeria?

My broda let's appreciate the little GEJ has done.
barcanista:
whether a Gambari, an Ogbeni or a ee'yo, what I asked was "mention ONLY two things that the Ijaw nation have benefited from Jonathan's government.'

PS: An ijaw man Tam David West was made NNPC boss and he combined it with Petroleun Minister during GMB's 20month as Military Head of State.
Re: .... by Faun(m): 5:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
backtosender:
i cant wait to come back here after election and laugh at the whiskers with their oily brains grin grin

I swear grin
And since they've said it themselves that he doesn't need the SE, I hope nobody comes out to complain about the voter turnup like they did in 2011, because the region should be none of their f..u.cking business.
This should be fun grin

2 Likes

Re: .... by backtosender: 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
Faun:

I swear grin
And since they've said it themselves that he doesn't need the SE, I hope nobody comes out to complain about the voter turnup like they did in 2011, because the region should be none of their f..u.cking business.
This should be fun grin
Na today! grin i cant wait to use that opportunity and laugh at them very hard this election will go like 2011 and we go laugh at mugus tire. Gej till 2019 ooohh Gej till 2019 grin whiskers can eat my shit cheesy

1 Like

Re: .... by obayaya(m): 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
It is like you don't know the electoral populations of each of the 36 States. Bayelsa votes is not even up to that od Alimoso LG, the Whole of SS votes is just a little higher than that of Kano State, combine with Borno State and the SS votes is overshadowed. However, the plan is to further encroach into Rivers/Edo and Delta States.

Kano state and Lagos state can never have up to 60% voters turnout..

Take that to the bank
Re: .... by vivienbabe(f): 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sloan: Ibos are insular, short-sighted and narrow minded people who will cut off their nose to spite their own face, thinking it changes the outcome of the 1967 - 1970 war they lost - it changes nothing really. The MB and SS and Imolites are more rational and open to new ideas and people, perhaps less tribalistic as the excluded ibo areas who are either too tribalistic or too poor to look up from their grinding poverty (Anambra - Ebonyi).

It is only miserable souls like you that'll keep dreaming that your win-the-war temporary priviledge is infinite. I pity you, for it is delusions of this nature that can sedate you away from the enviable string of successes of Ndigbo since 1970.

2 Likes

Re: .... by EMANY01(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
CyberWolf:
grin grin grin The guy is a complete clown I swear..His was always objective right from time until he had a heated argurment with one of his fellow goons,they took him in,blend him very well and since then, he lost his senses and subsequently,turned to APC C0ck sucker grin grin grin

I'VE always wondered how they did it.....he constantly combated APC e-warriors only that at sometime when no one was looking he got infected with the APC virus and has since gon rabid.The strain is contagious if you don't deal with it, early sh.it happens.
Re: .... by EMANY01(m): 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2014
tit:

try your luck.

That is all.
I already made it clear why even those states they claim they already have in the bag are going to shock them badly.

1 Like

Re: .... by djon78(m): 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
I laugh my head off on the type of internet opinion being bandied about by people without finding out what the common man on the street, of which majority are without access to the internet and makes up majority of the voting bloc.
Most of these people making noise will be shocked at how the election will pan out in 2015. Why?
Almost all Nigerian politicians have no ideology and have a price. Most people dont realise that Nigeria as a Country had been sitting on a serious keg of dynamites and the bokoharam debacle worsened it and a little more push, this fuse will be ignited, and if so Nigeria will not survive it this time around. That is why US did their prediction about 2015.
GEJ may have many faults but he honestly has the gentle personality and nature to navigate Nigeria away from these keg of dynamites waiting to blow this nation. Infact God was at work when Obj picked him because this was a kind of a leader Nigeria needed a gentle and good man. Which Past President can be called unprintable name like clueless, dumbo etc and still be calm. He may have areas where he did below par but when it comes to the economy he gets B++. Nigerias Economy has expanded greatly, one of the best policy coming on stream: Automotive policy, which will see vehicle manufacturers produce localy, will impact this nation greatly. Even electricity issues he has handled it well by completing and building old and new power plants, it was just that past administrations located those power plants far from gas source, which will now require building very costly pipes. Is it Agric revolution policy that he championed via the great Agric minister Adesina.
2015 will be a moment of truth for Nigeria if we do the right thing, we will win this infused dynamite and go on to be of global prominence in decades to come, but if we dont and allow this dynamite to explode, it will consume this nation that had the potential to be one of the greatest nation on the earth.
Buhari has absolutely nothing to offer, let the North wait till 2019, by then smart quality young turks like Ribadu, Elruffai will have matured more and be ready including Adesina, Fashola, Iweala etc.

3 Likes

Re: .... by pazienza(m): 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:

Abiola once thought that he didn't need the Igbo votes/support to rule Nigeria, we know how that story ended, Buhari thought the same in 2011,it all ended with him crying in front of the camera, oh! What a sight it was to behold.

Those who refuse to learn from history repeat history, Ndiigbo might not be strong enough to enthrone an igbo, but they are strong enough to influence the outcome of any national election,as the most spread Nigerian ethnic group.

3 Likes

Re: .... by pazienza(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Tell your general to get down his high horse, he that must lead must learn how to serve, and he that must conquer must first stoop.

His sins against Ndiigbo are many, but they not unpardonable as Ndiigbo are not unforgiving.
Let him repent of his sins against Ndiigbo by admitting them and truly seeking for forgiveness, let him show remorse and that he truly feel the pain of Ndiigbo and show us( the commoners) how he intend to correct the injustice of neglect in siting FG institutions in Igboland and infrastructural neglect of the region by the FG, since after the war.

2 Likes

Re: .... by EldaTimba(m): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
Barcanista should go to the street and ask market women in SW who they will vote. Atiku is even more popular in my ondo state. GMB can't win Ondo and Ekiti state. I can place my kidney on it

3 Likes

Re: .... by pazienza(m): 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
If Ndiigbo could forgive those that betrayed us, helped our enemies to blockade and starve our kids to death and even joined our enemies to kill us. The same people that had to kill 0dili's ambitions to make way for one of their own, surely Ndiigbo can forgive even a repentant devil.

There is a big vaccum in Igboland waiting to be filled, this vaccum is only felt by the common Igbos on the streets of Nigeria, it is these commoners that your general must meet in flesh and blood,he must convince them on how he intend to fill this vaccum.

2 Likes

Re: .... by Bugatie(m): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
And what stopped Buhari from winning in 2011 when he contested alongside a south westerner Tunde Bakare?
Armchair analysis

3 Likes

Re: .... by shady26(m): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
enigmaotr:

Yes, PDP can only win Kogi, Plateau and Benue!

Only PDP believes Nigerians are bigots. As much as I know, many Christians are ready to vote for the devil instead of Jonathan. You just watch out!
dont insult christians. How woud you feel if someone said as much as he knew "even prophet mohammed will not get muslim votes if he contested against Buhari "?
this politics and electioneering should not make you utter certain statements.

1 Like

Re: .... by passionate88: 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
Bla bla bla...
1. The Muslim-Muslim Ticket won resoundedly in 1993. What has changed between 1993 and Now? let me tell you as at then the hostility was rife as just few years before the poll, IBB had signed Nigeria as islamic Country Member.

2. The crossed defies logic

3. Read my analysis again. The tribalism this time will work against Jonathan. It is like you don't follow trend. Jonathan's popularity is concentrated in SE, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and probably Bayelsa State. He is relatively UNPOPULAR in Rivers State. Should APC Present a Ijaw Guber Candidate and PDP present Wike in Rivers, the animosity against PDP in Rivers By the Riverine will be rife and will translate in the Presidential Poll out of protest vote. While APC may not clear Rivers State, with Amaechi on the team and PDP guber calculation flop, it will be a shared vote.
I laugh @ the bolded part.... You said Jonathan is unpopular in Rivers State?... I still dey laugh u

2 Likes

Re: .... by shady26(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
Remarkable:
you need to be honest to yourself...

you have seen what GEJ has done....

and what Buhari did as president....

and you want us to revert to the type of life Nigerians had under Buhari?

if you had 2 countries, A and B, GEJ ruling in A and Buhari in B... will you honestly choose B?

I am asking you this because I really don't understand how someone can want Buhair to rule him or her ... especially given what is known of the man.... indulge me and explain to me, if you don't mind... I'm all ears...
me thinks the man Buhari might even ban the use of internet and social media forums in Nigeria If elected as part of his fight for a morally upright society by his own standards .
people dont know yet who they want in Buhari......
2015 GEJ OUT! GMB OUT!
FORWARD MARCH ONE NIGERIA! 2015

1 Like

Re: .... by shady26(m): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
geophyscist:
op don't say what you don't know.don't be deceive by the media. student in imo 100percent fans of rochas,teachers the same thing,market men and women 101percent rochas fans.the last time i went to owerri i overheard some okada men around that douglas road cursing and mocking a prominent pdp member even to the extend of stoning him just becos he spoke against rochas.
which OKADA? when did OKADA start running in owerri again?And Douglas of all places you saw OKADA planning to STONE a person?
Me thinks you should asked questions cause you were in ABA not OWERRI..
Re: .... by shady26(m): 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sloan:

but you want the vote of the same people in their houses?
the guy got you well with the bait .APC IS A TRIBALIST MUSLIM INTERESTS ONLY PARTY!

3 Likes

Re: .... by shady26(m): 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
pazienza:

Abiola once thought that he didn't need the Igbo votes/support to rule Nigeria, we know how that story ended, Buhari thought the same in 2011,it all ended with him crying in front of the camera, oh! What a sight it was to behold.

Those who refuse to learn from history repeat history, Ndiigbo might not be strong enough to enthrone an igbo, but they are strong enough to influence the outcome of any national election,as the most spread Nigerian ethnic group.
besides the population of igbos is greatly underrated for reasons which we all know . however this always comes back to bite them during elections as they drink their own concussion/conclusion of Igbos are minorities and therefore should be disregarded.
the igbos ability to vote enbloc as shown in the last election is a political advantage yet to be realised by the so called sophisticated voters in the west( although its simple to understand,South Easterners like Northerness are wont to take a firm stand at some point on anything be it religion or politics while the same cannot be said of our brothers in the west who would rather always stay on the fence be it religion , war or politics/voting).

4 Likes

Re: .... by OboloMAN: 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
whether a Gambari, an Ogbeni or a ee'yo, what I asked was "mention ONLY two things that the Ijaw nation have benefited from Jonathan's government.'

PS: An ijaw man Tam David West was made NNPC boss and he combined it with Petroleun Minister during GMB's 20month as Military Head of State.

Buhari's Cabinet Ministers:
1. Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, Hausa/
Fulani
2. Chief of Staff, Tunde Idiagbon, Fulani
3. Defence, Domkat Bali, Hausa/Fulani
4. Agriculture, Bukar Shuaib, Hausa/Fulani
5. Trade, Mahmud Tukur, Hausa/Fulani
6. Communications, A Abdullahi, Lt Col, Hausa/
Fulani
7. Education, Yarima Ibrahim, Hausa/Fulani
8. Finance, Onaolapo Soleye, Yoruba
9. Abuja, Mamman Jiya Vatsa, Hausa/Fulani
10. Health, Emmanuel Nsan, Efiki/Ibibio
11. Internal Affairs, Mohammed Magoro, Hausa/
Fulani
12. Foreign Affairs, Ibrahim Gambari, Fulani
13. Minister of Info., Samson Omeruah, Ibo
14. Transportation, Abdullahi Ibrahim, Hausa/
Fulani
15. Energy, Tam David-West, Ijaw
16. Justice, Chike Ofodile, Ibo
17. Works, Patrick Koshoni, Yoruba

90 % Hausa /Fulani .... and u still say Buhari is a Nationalist?

Even the Yorubas were side lined in buharis Cabinet.

Tell me how nigerians will vote this man who is openly in support of Sharia rule... and an hausa/fulani agenda.

4 Likes

Re: .... by EMANY01(m): 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
shady26:
besides the population of igbos is greatly underrated for reasons which we all know . however this always comes back to bite them during elections as they drink their own concussion/conclusion of Igbos are minorities and therefore should be disregarded.
the igbos ability to vote enbloc as shown in the last election is a political advantage yet to be realised by the so called sophisticated voters in the west( although its simple to understand,South Easterners like Northerness are wont to take a firm stand at some point on anything be it religion or politics while the same cannot be said of our brothers in the west who would rather always stay on the fence be it religion , war or politics/voting).

I'm not Ibo but having grown up in kano and spent alot of time around the,core,north.In a real census,igbos all over Nigeria could easily constitute the largest ethnic group in Nigeria.I suspect that even the most bigoted northerners and south westerners know this but will only admit this to them selves in the privacy of their bedrooms at midnight(this probably explains the silence of the northern elites in the face of seven decades of targeted killings of ibos and anyone that looks Ibo in the core north.They have always known this because the British must have known this a long time ago).This is both a problem for the ibos and an,advantage if they can just get their act together as their unique spread gives them,the ability influence the course of leadership in this country.The quote below makes the point in drving at although I won't delve too much into this.
Its deep and only the deep can understand

pazienza:

Those who refuse to learn from history repeat history[b][size=19pt] Ndiigbo might not be strong enough to enthrone an igbo, but they are strong enough to influence the outcome of any national election,as the most spread Nigerian ethnic group[/b][/size](deep stuff)

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Taraba INEC Office Attacked, Taraba Ssg’s House Burnt / Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.