Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,570 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids (14759 Views)

How Much Should I Give Her For Monthly Upkeep / DOUBLE TRAGEDY: 2 Kids Corpses Found In Deep Freezer / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 11:45am On Oct 18, 2014
FynBabe:
It is obvious you know everything. Did you say 5k can cook soup for one month? With or without meat/fish or what? Its so easy for you to say because you are a man and I'm sure you don't go to the market. Abeg, I don't have energy 4 arguement this morning joor. When you marry, give her 10k for 2months and even expect some change self. Women enter marriage without know what it is? Na your future wife I pity pass. What a mentality!quote author=Fxwarrior post=27244763]

Verily verily I say unto you that family cannot finish a 50kg bag of rice in 3 months.
Oh you even know about buying food in bulk?
A 50kg bag of rice shouldn't be more than 15k depending on brand. Like I said before 5k is more than enough to cook soup for 1 month.
As for children not liking what you give them, it simply means they are not hungry or you are too soft. I have seen where my sister-in-law is feeding my nephew. The little boy will be crying and she will be stucking pap into his mouth notwithstanding.He didn't die, on the contrary he grew fatter as a result of the feeding.
As for snacks you simply fry yam or prepare something and put in their food flasks. I haven't seen anybody that died for not taking snacks. Our parents knew nothing about snacks in their times. If you must buy snacks buy it say a carton of biscuit will last for a term besides all these sugary tins are not good for kids.

Its a pity most women these days enter marriage knowing little or nothing.

Buahahahah.
I don't go to market? Market I go to every weekend. Infact there's no soup or food I can't cook. If I don't go how would I have known its possible and even offered to outline the prices of the condiments. Meat is not compulsory. There are other sources like fish, beans, ground soya beans. You can even use soyabeans to make tea for them and bread in the morning.

250naira bread is more than enough for 2-3 days.I know women don't even eat well mostly. I understand all these things.That woman hasn't spoken the truth yet on how she squanders 50k.

TRUTH IS BITTER. SPEAK IT AND BE FREE.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by ireneidiva(f): 11:46am On Oct 18, 2014
Fxwarrior:

Verily verily I say unto you that family cannot finish a 50kg bag of rice in 3 months.
Oh you even know about buying food in bulk?
A 50kg bag of rice shouldn't be more than 15k depending on brand. Like I said before 5k is more than enough to cook soup for 1 month.
As for children not liking what you give them, it simply means they are not hungry or you are too soft. I have seen where my sister-in-law is feeding my nephew. The little boy will be crying and she will be stucking pap into his mouth notwithstanding.He didn't die, on the contrary he grew fatter as a result of the feeding.
As for snacks you simply fry yam or prepare something and put in their food flasks. I haven't seen anybody that died for not taking snacks. Our parents knew nothing about snacks in their times. If you must buy snacks buy it say a carton of biscuit will last for a term besides all these sugary tins are not good for kids.

Its a pity most women these days enter marriage knowing little or nothing.
Why do you keep making refences to your parents of those days? Why don't you marry your parents then? Fyi most of all this parents you are making refrence to actually used all these things. Their time has passed so you better start getting used to the 21st century! Jeez!

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 11:49am On Oct 18, 2014
You can buy fish for 200naira.cook it and use it.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 11:52am On Oct 18, 2014
ireneidiva:

Why do you keep making refences to your parents of those days? Why don't you marry your parents then? Fyi most of all this parents you are making refrence to actually used all these things. Their time has passed so you better start getting used to the 21st century! Jeez!

As expected you ll leave the substance in my writeup and chase the shadows. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by ireneidiva(f): 11:59am On Oct 18, 2014
Fxwarrior:

As expected you ll leave the substance in my writeup and chase the shadows. Good luck with that.
Exactly my point! No substance whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
FynBabe:
Fxwarrior, who buys the rice, yam, beans, garri, fish, palm oil, v.oil, drinking water, dstv subscription? Who? Abi you don't know its the same 50k that would do all these? Please, you must not comment if you don't know how these things work. Experienced people are telling you this money is small and yor still insisting on what you know nothing about. We are talking qaulity not quantity abeg.

Buahahaahah

DSTV subscription? My people truth is coming out small small o. If you like carry 40k and dash Dstv.
What happened to other free to air channels like mitv,gotv etc.
Besides its possible to watch all DStv channels free if you know your way around.

I will be back to outline the prices of all these things you mentioned.

My people she even mentioned drinking water? grin

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by FynBabe(f): 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
Don't mind him! How can that money be enough for three people in a month? It's not even like the husband sens some mojor things down for them. From major to minor, she has to work around 50k. I don't even want to argue further.
ireneidiva:

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
If I fetch 1000 naira borehole water for them eh. To finish it within 1 month go hard dem.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
If I fetch 1000 naira @ the rate of 10naira/25 litres borehole water for them eh. To finish it within 1 month go hard dem.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
ireneidiva:

Exactly my point! No substance whatsoever.

Its because you have a narrow and fixed mindset.Pray to God for humility, wisdom and foresight you will see through what am saying.

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Enahi(f): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
For you to mention water , why not salt and maggi.
If I get 200naira salt for them and 500naira maggi. They can't finish it in 2 months.

There's more to it which she hasn't said yet.You can't lie to your doctor, counsellor or pastor if you want a breakthrough.

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by FynBabe(f): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
I give up! You are a complete waste of time.
Fxwarrior:
For you to mention water , why not salt and maggi.
If I get 200naira salt for them and 500naira maggi. They can't finish it in 2 months.

There's more to it which she hasn't said yet.You can't lie to your doctor, counsellor or pastor if you want a breakthrough.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
FynBabe:
I give up! You are a complete waste of time.

You don't know some things and somebody is trying to point them out to you but as a typical indomie generation Naija woman. This is what you gat to say? Its not totally unexpected.

Aal izz well.

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
FynBabe:
Don't mind him! How can that money be enough for three people in a month? It's not even like the husband sens some mojor things down for them. From major to minor, she has to work around 50k. I don't even want to argue further.

I still promised to get back to you on prices of those foodstuffs you mentioned.

I presume you are yet to learn the difference between want and need. Besides a sensible lady here mentioned that some ladies are prone to impulse buying and materialism.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
Some women have friends that are a disaster waiting to happen. They will not discuss how you will earn money but will rather explore and expose different avenues for you to spend what you have and being influenced they will dip hands into the 50k and bring out 35k remaining 15k its actually the 15k that they complain isn't enough.

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
The only time I will believe 50k is not enough is when they enter university not now.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
Imagine some of them women here mentioned how you will prepare rice for a kid of 4 years and they ll say, mummy I don't want rice I want plantain. So you will enter market and buy plantain abi?

Another scenario you are walking to the supermarket with him and he sees a toy of 15k and starts crying, mummy I want this toy. To avoid embarrassment you buy it for him abi? Only to come and create thread.

5 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
You think you are the one raising these kids? Na lie, they are raising you.

The Bible even said folly is bound in the heart of a child but the rod(cain) of correction drives it away.

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by kendraloops(f): 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
my dear fxwarrior, its like you had it real tough growing up with all this your analyses.

one thing you must realise is that most parents of this generation strive to give their kids a better life than they had. How do you think the poor woman would feel if she takes her kids out n they start crying for ribena which she can't afford? I'm sure you'll tell her to give them the local icecream they sell #10 naira cos she wants to save abi? They only get to be kids once, indulge them sometimes.

Though, i agree the woman should find a way around managing that allowee but please, you are just too harsh. Things are not always in black n white as you think.

@Op, let her buy better okrika (first grade) for the kids, wash well with dettol n iron. she can mix with brand new clothes once in a while.
As per the cerelac thing, i can totally relate though mine was the opposite. Baby refused sweet foods like nutrend n all but was very happy with ogi n beta swallow, lol.

She just has to find a way around it cos her incessant nagging for an increase might backfire except she suspects the man has way more than he lets on.

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by 5minsmadness: 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
Lol@ fxwarrior, you be correct shrewd guy and I mean that as a compliment.

Imagine having n50k and two kids and crying for dstv grin
When free to air dey there.

Someone even mentioned inverter. I won't put smiley so as not to be rude but u know how much for smallest inverter wy go carry fan and light? Its still costly.

She can use a quarter of the money for inverter and buy water filter instead so when fxwarrior fetches the borehole water they can filter it like proper aje butter and drink grin

That pikin wey dey choose food neva hungry grin

The lady should cut her coat according to her size. The n50k won't be forever. Hussie is hustling, she should pray for God to bless His hustle so he can start sending more money but in the meantime n50k is OK abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Jahblessme: 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
Okokobioooko! shocked shocked
Growing up must have been hard,yikes!
I can imagine all the rationing.
Pesin wey marry this one don enter one chance o!no room to manouvre grin.I can imagine him going to d market with that black hard bag,wearing his dunlop slippers and haggling bitterly with the garri seller,chewing stick in mouth.
This kain house ehhh there must be Special ruler to measure yam,maggi counted one by one to last for 2 years.4 people to one egg and ofcourse no eating of meat.Okirika clothes forever.
Reminds me of osuofia film 'calculator'.
It is well..

Madam if your hubby isn't giving enough better find a way to supplement. Get busy! You don't want your kids to end up like ..
Its good to be prudent but at the rate some are going,fear De catch me

This over calculating I can understand in someone who is extremely poor and has no other option
Kaiii OWU NA BASTAD!

6 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by edwife(f): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
That man is not trying at all,you live in America and yet your wife and kids have to buy everything,i mean from toiletries,to clothes and diapers?
undecided

He could have cut the cost by sending all these little items to her,it will be cheaper if he sends clothes,diapers and baby foods after 3 or 5 months.
Then the 50k can be spend on utilities bills,foods and school fees.

Madam time to get busy;get something doing for your sanity and stop waiting on your hubby fixed salary.... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by kendraloops(f): 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
as per your friend maintaining a car from the allowance, tell am say she never ready!! mechanic go chop him own inside too o. She should look for a trusted fellow n turn the car to a taxi kind of. the poshness or otherwise of the car will determin the target clients. she doesnt av to paint it in taxi colours so she can still go out with it without feeling too conscious.

if she go that MMA route, chai, she don hammer. i took a cab frm the airport there to iyana-ipaja, i paid 3k. i nearly cried, just say i carry heavy load, if not.....

so, imagine how much she'll make from "owo deliver"

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
saponification:
Hello houz,a close friend of mine came to see me today n she complained bitterly dat her hubby abroad sends her 50 thousand naira every month for her upkeep n dat of her 2 kids.accordin to her,d 50k is for everytin excluding houz rent n her children's skul fees.from her breakdown,d money is not always enough cos she buys fuel for her car n gen,pay NEPA bill,buy cookin gas,pay hospital bill when ssickness comes n above all her 1 year plus baby takes so much money in terms of cerelac(not less than 4 tins a month at 1500 each tin),SMA milk(not less than 2 tins @ 3900 each) and pampers.apart from d above stated expenses,she will also buy her soap,cream,her children's own,her perfume n other stuffs.then once in a while she or her children will need clothes(cos hubby does not send). The issue now is dat she've given hubby a breakdown of these expenses n begged for increament of her allowance(even if not monthly,at least some months) but her hubby refused sayin some families use less of dat amount monthly.she is confused n do not know what else to do(she's been lookin for a job witout success so far).I advised her the best way I could but I am bringin it here to get more suggestions on how she can best handle dis situation.pls give ur opininos cos she was even asking me if I think she is not economical,if its her fault dat the 50k monthly upkeep is not enough for her n d a2 kids

Don't listen to the people saying it should be more than enough.

5 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by ogawisdom(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
Lumpyy:
Wow,am disaapntd wt ds replies oo,y are people being unrealistic here?are d women seriously sayin ds things too?for her hubby to be in america it means de live atlst an average life,she has 2kids for cryin out loud,she maintains d house too,its nt lyk d hubby is arnd to buy petrok some days,how many days can 1k fuel go ds days?now my baby takes ogi and i buy SMA mayb 2x a month,im a very careful spender too and my hubby is home too,i spend way more dn 50k a month,shey na 10k she go take go markt for a month?pls lets think well befor we judge oo!

D thing is dt ppl shld live within their means n d lady in question is nt doing so. There r cheaper alternatives to most of d things she spends money on monthly. For eg y must she buy sma when her monthly allowance can't support dt. This is where wisdom is needed to make choices dt ur allowance can support.

Again wat stops her from workin to argument d 50k if nt laziness. 600k annually for an adult n two kids if well managed can take care of all their basic needs and give them a decent life.

No amount of money ll ever b enough if nt well budgeted on. Her money management skill is poor n nt d 50k

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
kendraloops:
as per your friend maintaining a car from the allowance, tell am say she never ready!! mechanic go chop him own inside too o. She should look for a trusted fellow n turn the car to a taxi kind of. the poshness or otherwise of the car will determin the target clients. she doesnt av to paint it in taxi colours so she can still go out with it without feeling too conscious.

if she go that MMA route, chai, she don hammer. i took a cab frm the airport there to iyana-ipaja, i paid 3k. i nearly cried, just say i carry heavy load, if not.....

so, imagine how much she'll make from "owo deliver"

You are the type of woman that we tag wifey material. You are a solution provider not a problem giver. A helpmate.

Yes for now
I went on market survey
2k naira yam will last them for 1 month seriously.1 big yam like that was 350 naira. I know it will be reduced if she's buying in bulk.

20 litres vegetable oil is 4200naira
25 litres palm oil is 6k
20k is enough for rice, beans, garri lasting 2months.

These may be highly reduced depending on her location.

4 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
Fxwarrior:

You don't know some things and somebody is trying to point them out to you but as a typical indomie generation Naija woman. This is what you gat to say? Its not totally unexpected.

Aal izz well.

There is no way 50k can be OK for 3 people in this present economy we live in. Everything is over priced and expensive

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
FynBabe:
Fxwarrior, who buys the rice, yam, beans, garri, fish, palm oil, v.oil, drinking water, dstv subscription? Who? Abi you don't know its the same 50k that would do all these? Please, you must not comment if you don't know how these things work. Experienced people are telling you this money is small and yor still insisting on what you know nothing about. We are talking qaulity not quantity abeg.

Thank you! Its all about quality not quantity. The guy dsnt get it. Let him have his own kids first

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
Some people keep mentioning toiletries.. If I give them 2big jumbo size tissue paper costing 400 naira. Can they finish it in 1 month?
Is it soap, vaseline or cream, perfume etc 1k is more than enough for 1 month on them.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by saponification: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
@FXWARRIOR Hey!u r really harsh on dis issue.sounding like 50k is a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY..I agree she can find a way to manage it (like I advised her)but it will mean forfeiting a lot of her need.u keep makin reference to d past,was d economic condition of d country then d same as today.Now tell me MR FX WARRIOR,when her husband spends not less than 200k monthly when he is around,why then will he send 50k when he goes back to d states.so his wife n kids should enjoy only when he is around.if its as easy as u sound to manage 50k a month,why don't her hubby stick to d same rule when he is around.ok,so he can't manage as he is used to life of affluence abroad but then his wife n kids can. @FXWARRIOR u keep comparing her to families of state civil servants.for cryin out loud,her husband is not in dat grade ok?here's a man doin very well over there but u would rather his family live like civil servant families.wit d way u r analysin dis issue,I bet ur wife is or will be out for a hard time.trust me.

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
babeline:

@fxwarrior do u have kids?? Do u know how much it costs to maintain ones kids? There is no way 50k can be OK for 3 people in this present economy we live in. Everything is over priced and expensive and many parents want to give their kids d best they can give

So you live in this present economy while I live in the moon abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

###EUROSONIC DISTRIBUTOR: Home Appliances/Kitchen Utensils @ Wholesale Prices / How Many Kids Do You Wanna Have? / 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.