Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids (14780 Views)

How Much Should I Give Her For Monthly Upkeep / DOUBLE TRAGEDY: 2 Kids Corpses Found In Deep Freezer / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by jayedu108: 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
saponification:
@emiye.Good!now u r soundin fair.she is doin evry tin possible to get a job.buys guardian tues @ times,checks hotnigerian job.infact u can imagine Msc holder sayin she is ready to take up ajob of 30k if she sees one.just dat she is limited to her state of residence cos of her kids.so even when she sees vacancies in places like lagos,abuja,PH,etc she still can't apply cos of relocation

Somepple were askin if her hubby has papers abroad there n if he has a steady job.of course he does.he's been there for more than 4 yrs.d end point is dat d hubby can do more than that if he so wishes but for reasons best known to him,does not want.like I told my friend.she've got no option than to try as much as possible to make do wit d 50k for now.she is not even demandin for increament monthly but for some months when expenses r high like last month she had to pay 5300 for soakaway
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by jayedu108: 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
saponification:
@emiye.Good!now u r soundin fair.she is doin evry tin possible to get a job.buys guardian tues @ times,checks hotnigerian job.infact u can imagine Msc holder sayin she is ready to take up ajob of 30k if she sees one.just dat she is limited to her state of residence cos of her kids.so even when she sees vacancies in places like lagos,abuja,PH,etc she still can't apply cos of relocation

Somepple were askin if her hubby has papers abroad there n if he has a steady job.of course he does.he's been there for more than 4 yrs.d end point is dat d hubby can do more than that if he so wishes but for reasons best known to him,does not want.like I told my friend.she've got no option than to try as much as possible to make do wit d 50k for now.she is not even demandin for increament monthly but for some months when expenses r high like last month she had to pay 5300 for soakaway
madam advise ur friend to take up a teaching job for now pending when she get a better job abeg atleast with that she can be able to support her family shikena.

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by egopersonified(f): 2:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by egopersonified(f): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
emiye:

the real war is the usual urge for indulgence that leads to overshooting budget.

No truer words than these. Impulse buying is always a big issue too.

I havent read all comments but saponification, tell her to cut back on expenses like so many have said. She can fuel the car for convenience but a gen should be seen as a luxury and not neccesity for now. Why feed a one year old baby SMA and cerelac when she can give him goldenmorn, oats, rice, etc.? Since she is always home, then its time to potty train her baby to cut back on diapers. If the rent and fees are not included in the 50k, then she should be able to save something and start a small business, even if it selling socks and shoes when she gets to her kids school. Sometimes our greatest fears are very unreasonable fears, let her see what she can deprive herself of, that might not really be important to her daily expenses.

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by egopersonified(f): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Agrika: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
Iranoladun:
If she's not working then let her find ways to manage the 50K.

What happen to introducing baby to ogi (brown pap) and a bit of cerelac to cut down on cost? The pap is organic and natural. Pampers can be used during the night or when she's going out to scale down on pampers cost . Generator can be switched off when the weather is cool or as a rule at 10pm or 12 midnight.

She should examine her cost profile and try to find less expensive alternatives. We cultivated expensive taste and we can also scale down to less expensive ones. She should also avoid buying things on impulse without adequate budget or planning. My two cents!
O.p see ur answer oo
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
saponification:

Please dont be mistaken
People can be in abroad for 15 years and still not have papers and with ends still not meeting and surviving hand to mouth
In the meantime, why on earth will a man deliberatly not provide for his family if he can afford it?
Does he have another family abroad?
I hope the issue is not deeper than at first glance
The basis of his travel to the UK and his real status is of more cause for questions and the real reason why he is not sending more than N50K
Sorry to bring this angle into this, but it has to be explored too.
Whatever happens she needs to find herself a job or look for a small business to do

If she is not too proud and is not fearful of getting her hands dirty, she can learn how to make hair, sew. bake, decorate and a whole heap of other things. That Msc she has will elevate her above the average hairdresser or fashion designer.
My sisters tailor in Lagos is a graduate and charges a minimum of N10K for a very simple skirt and blouse.

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
Jahblessme:
@emiye
Honestly,its suffering to me because there are 2 kids involved.If it was only her,it's different.
Its important for kids to get a decent start in life if possible especially when the man spends 200k when he's around.

I buy clothes when the need strikes..I buy for the kids very often cos they outgrow them pretty fast

You people keep hammering on the man spending 200k while around like housewives would do. Why not ignore that and look at what's on ground.

Is Jumbo tissue not 200naira? Is it a hard tissue. Sometimes you people fail to read what you are writing.

You are too much in a hurry to post. Besides you have not yet asked me how a stew lasting 1 week can be cooked with chcken for 1500 while soup lasting for 1 week can be cooked with 1k.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Families in the village barely have 10k monthly yet they survive.Am talking of a family of 6 persons. You never appreciate God's goodness until that 50k ceases to come.

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Jahblessme: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
She has listed her expenses...comment on it naww
I see you are dying to talk of your soup
Oya naww dear brother tell us about the one week/ month soup and stew so you can be happy. grin cheesy

She's not in the village please.thanks sah.

Meanwhile,if the man is illegal abroad,he wouldn't be able to travel so freely.

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Agrika: 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
It depends on her location, if she stays in the north where foodstuffs are generally cheaper, 50k is more than enough but if it is in cities like pH or Abuja...50k is definitely small...seems Madam is still nursing, she can start a little trade at home, she can tell her husband to import all these fashion wears for her to sell...or she starts a daycare or something...cos it's obvious oga is still "struggling" may she ma herself do something take support oga
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
@OP, talk to your friend to manage the money and try to cut costs like some people have suggested here. It is not easy abroad o, the man has to pay his mortgage or rent monthly, he too has to feed, buy clothes and pay bills( water and electricity).and for him to be abroad and her and the kids in Nigeria, I assume he may not yet have his papers so might not have a good job that will pay well so talk to your friend to manage. Her husband is even responsible, some men abroad don't send money to their wives back home in Nigeria o but yours sends you an allowance every month. Try to manage and get a job or start a little business to supplement the allowance he gives you.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
Segeggs:
Sipping kunnu....waiting for the internet feminists to come and bash the husband

LOL that's funny... so as an "internet feminist" I'll give my 2 cents. Whatever a man can do, a woman can do. She needs to be just as accountable for the children she put in the world as he is. That means she needs to add her own 50k to the 50k he's giving her... simple. Equality means just that equality. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Misogynist2014(m): 10:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
vivalableue:

LOL that's funny... so as an "internet feminist" I'll give my 2 cents. Whatever a man can do, a woman can do. She needs to be just as accountable for the children she put in the world as he is. That means she needs to add her own 50k to the 50k he's giving her... simple. Equality means just that equality. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Why is it that for the past 11 seasons of gulder ultimate search, no woman has ever tasted victory?

Women are so weak and inept. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Why is it that for the past 11 seasons of gulder ultimate search, no woman has ever tasted victory?

Women are so weak and inept. cheesy

It's ok dear... Continue competing with yourself!!! In any case... I would challenge you buy you'd have to find me first grin grin grin
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Misogynist2014(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
vivalableue:

It's ok dear... Continue competing with yourself!!! In any case... I would challenge you buy you'd have to find me first grin grin grin
buy what? undecided
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by gidjah(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
jayedu108:
madam advise ur friend to take up a teaching job for now pending when she get a better job abeg atleast with that she can be able to support her family shikena.
WILL IT BE EASY for her to manage such kind of job wit two kids?teachin job aint an easy job o!more for a woman wit on help ,who is also managin to cope wit the lil say she has.unless she gets a maid,nA DIE SHE DEY SO!
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
Misogynist2014:
buy what? undecided

Oh sorry typo *but
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
50k every month and 600k per annum. Just for expenses for 3 people and you say its not enof? U gat to be kidding me.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Misogynist2014(m): 7:58am On Oct 28, 2014
vivalableue:

Oh sorry typo *but
Not again! These guys that live abroad still think Nigeria are under-privileged while their mates are making millions here, they pay high tax and work for the most valuabe moments of their lives and reach home, only to see there is nothing to boast about. Oh brainwashed generation!
The above was the lament of one of the friends of my cousins in UK. If you think you are in Canada that it means u are on top of 170 mil people here, then its best you know its an heresy, a blatant lie. No wonder they think us poor & useless.

Do you know what feminism has done in your 'country'? It has made men tolerate the shìt that emanates from a woman's brain, imposed emotion instead of objectivity and has helped in creating jobs for family lawyers and foetus for scientists. I really don't care about where u live cos there a millions willing to quit for me, if I just would give them my manly features. cheesy
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Hinahuang(f): 3:17am On Dec 04, 2014
baby diaper , baby wet wipes to Nigeria .
BABY JOY AND BABY PLUS ARE SO WELCOMED IN Nigeria.
If you have any interest in high quality of the baby diaper , such as like quality like Huggies.
Pls Contact me.
Whatspp: 8615960560023 or email: lenxiu1hengzhi@163.com

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by sako28: 3:45am On Dec 04, 2014
1/4 basket of Tomatoes is btw 1500-3000( depending on ur location in Nigeria). with 2000 u will buy good quantity of meat that will last minimum 3 weeks. Bundle of water leaf or vegetable is 50 naria. So 5k can do something,at for least 3 week.

FynBabe:
It is obvious you know everything. Did you say 5k can cook soup for one month? With or without meat/fish or what? Its so easy for you to say because you are a man and I'm sure you don't go to the market. Abeg, I don't have energy 4 arguement this morning joor. When you marry, give her 10k for 2months and even expect some change self. Women enter marriage without know what it is? Na your future wife I pity pass. What a mentality!quote author=Fxwarrior post=27244763]

Verily verily I say unto you that family cannot finish a 50kg bag of rice in 3 months.
Oh you even know about buying food in bulk?
A 50kg bag of rice shouldn't be more than 15k depending on brand. Like I said before 5k is more than enough to cook soup for 1 month.
As for children not liking what you give them, it simply means they are not hungry or you are too soft. I have seen where my sister-in-law is feeding my nephew. The little boy will be crying and she will be stucking pap into his mouth notwithstanding.He didn't die, on the contrary he grew fatter as a result of the feeding.
As for snacks you simply fry yam or prepare something and put in their food flasks. I haven't seen anybody that died for not taking snacks. Our parents knew nothing about snacks in their times. If you must buy snacks buy it say a carton of biscuit will last for a term besides all these sugary tins are not good for kids.

Its a pity most women these days enter marriage knowing little or nothing.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by sako28: 4:05am On Dec 04, 2014
Agrika:
It depends on her location, if she stays in the north where foodstuffs are generally cheaper, 50k is more than enough but if it is in cities like pH or Abuja...50k is definitely small...seems Madam is still nursing, she can start a little trade at home, she can tell her husband to import all these fashion wears for her to sell...or she starts a daycare or something...cos it's obvious oga is still "struggling" may she ma herself do something take support oga

middle of this year, i got a property worth XX millions. Empty all my accounts. Me and my family managed less than 60k for 1 month( im a salary earner). I drive a jeep, have a baby, and still had good life for d 1 months. It planing and been prudent, and for info i stay in one of 9ja expensive city. Advice buy food in bulk. 1 bag of rice will last you 3 months, 1/2 bag of beans will last you 3 months plus, 10L oil will last u 3 month plus. Reduce your calls. Good Hugo perfume(100ml) it like 10k will last you 4 month.

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by gechyy2(f): 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
She shld jst get a job and support herself,cos I can undastd d fact dat she might want to live an opulent life as per. Her husband is abroad,so d best bet is gettin a job....managing a home is not easy atall,bt one can always manage d little he has..
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Sweetmarriage: 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
Though i didn't finish reading the op. I think i know what it's all about.

Personally, i don't encourage long distance marriages. Thus, i think they should be talking about (and planning how to be together)

Again, If she feels the money is too small, then let her tell her husband. and if he seems to be reluctant (even if he add more) let her learn how to save. Then, start a business.

If you are married, or a parent, i think you should be following this new site http://parentingyourchildren..com/
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Topshop: 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
Compliments of the the season to all able nairalanders.

Now is the time to start the year with an easy business that will settle you this year.

Order you baby daipers from Topshop and you'll not regret ever making the contact.

We sell wholesale on all Imported daipers from UK.

Toujours, Mamia, Huggies wipes, Tesco, Boots, little angel and Sainsbury.

Contact us nowwwwwwwwwww.

topshopireland@gmail.com
BB: 58AAA0CE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship / Am Gradually Loosing It / Original Men Clothing And Accessories Lowest Wholesale Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.