Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Seasoned Farmers! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Seasoned Farmers! (1029 Views)

Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / FG Releases 11 New Crop Varieties To Farmers / Palm Oil Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seasoned Farmers! by afonkluvuall: 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
please good people. I need your advice especially if you are a seasoned cassava farmer. I want to start cassava plantation in kwara sate, don't know much about soil fertility required for the farming and the minimum capital required for the business. please share anything that might help me in the business.
Re: Seasoned Farmers! by agbeloba2001(m): 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
afonkluvuall:
please good people. I need your advice especially if you are a seasoned cassava farmer. I want to start cassava plantation in kwara sate, don't know much about soil fertility required for the farming and the minimum capital required for the business. please share anything that might help me in the business.
You cn get useful information and even cost analysis for planting cassava on an hectare of land.Check www.
Re: Seasoned Farmers! by agbeloba2001(m): 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
afonkluvuall:
www. You cn get useful information and even cost analysis for planting cassava on an hectare of land.Check www.
Re: Seasoned Farmers! by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
Let me ask few questions:
1. How many acres/hectares are you cultivating?
2.Whats the name of.the location of the farm in kwara?
3. Do.you have any soil testing instutute around the location?

Capital varies from one location to another depending on different factors but prepare nothing less than 100k /hectare to start with.

1 Like

Re: Seasoned Farmers! by TheUnbeatable(m): 10:32am On Oct 18, 2014
@Op:

Brb.
Re: Seasoned Farmers! by afonkluvuall: 11:56am On Oct 21, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I don't know of any soil testing institute in kwara state but I'll be traveling to the state next week to do more feasibility study of the area. the land is some where around Igbo owu and it is one hectare. my plan is to start the plantation this year if the business is feasible.
Re: Seasoned Farmers! by TheUnbeatable(m): 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
afonkluvuall:
Thanks for your reply. I don't know of any soil testing institute in kwara state but I'll be traveling to the state next week to do more feasibility study of the area. the land is some where around Igbo owu and it is one hectare. my plan is to start the plantation this year if the business is feasible.

I can help you do a projected cash flow (how much you are likely to spend and earn) but with a location in ondo state as a case study. All you need to do is to substitute the figures for your kwara prices.

But it will go for a little fee and I will deliver within 3 working days from your date of payment.

Tanks,

The unbeatable.
Re: Seasoned Farmers! by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
afonkluvuall:
Cultivating Cassava on 1Hectare of land is not feasible.If you can't do more than this,then you can start with plantain.
Goodluck in your endeavour

(1) (Reply)

My Ginger Is Ready! Buyers Are Welcome Asap!! / Help: Useful Info On Nafdac Gari Registration / Supply NPK Fertilizers From China/ NPK 15-15-15, 20-10-10, 16-16-16,17-17-17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.