Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

KASHAMU VS OBASANJO: Court Fixes Nov 17 For Final Saga! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / KASHAMU VS OBASANJO: Court Fixes Nov 17 For Final Saga! (550 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu’s Re-arraignment: Court Fixes May 16 / Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

KASHAMU VS OBASANJO: Court Fixes Nov 17 For Final Saga! by Sirniyeh(m): 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
www.aitonline.tv/post-kashamu_vs_obasanjo__court_adjourn_to_nov_17

Justice Valentine Ashi of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, yesterday, adjourned further hearing on the N20billion libel suit that was instituted against former President Olusegun Obasanjo by the Chairman of the Mobilisation and Organisation Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), South West Zone, Buruji Kashamu till November 17.

Alhaji Haruna Rasheed and Barrister Omotayo Alade-
Fawole were testifying in a libel suit filed by Kashamu
challenging a letter by Obasanjo to President Goodluck Jonathan published in two newspapers of December 12, 2013 which alleged he was wanted in the USA for drug- related offences.

Kashamu is seeking the sum of N20 billion in damages against the former president for “maliciously and recklessly” publishing a letter titled: ‘Before It’s too late’which was addressed to President Jonathan in December 2013.

While being cross examined on their witness’ statements by defence counsel Gboyega Oyewole, Alhaji Haruna, who claimed to be an associate of Kashamu, averred that: “My understanding of the publication about the plaintiff is that the plaintiff is a criminal” adding, “since I read the aforementioned publication I have dissociated myself from the plaintiff and our relationship has not been cordial as before.”

When they were asked if they were aware that Kashamu allegedly failed to clear his name over his detention in the United Kingdom for extradition hearing to USA on alleged drug-related offences in 1998, the witnesses denied knowledge of the issue.
Counsel to Kashamu, Alex Izinyon (SAN) applied for an adjournment to enable him produce an additional
witness in court.

Justice Valentine Ashi consequently adjourned the suit to November 17 for continuation of hearing.

Re: KASHAMU VS OBASANJO: Court Fixes Nov 17 For Final Saga! by omanifrank(m): 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
k
Re: KASHAMU VS OBASANJO: Court Fixes Nov 17 For Final Saga! by IfyAwazie(f): 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
So are we invited cos it sounds like a boxing match.
Re: KASHAMU VS OBASANJO: Court Fixes Nov 17 For Final Saga! by Segunj8(m): 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
This case will die a natural death.
Re: KASHAMU VS OBASANJO: Court Fixes Nov 17 For Final Saga! by tomakint: 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
I don't know why Obasanjo at his age enjoys being ridiculed!

(1) (Reply)

APC Presidential Aspirants Lack Vision, Pedigree, To Match Jonathan / Don’t Contest 2015 Election, Prominent Islamic Cleric, Sheikh Gumi, Tells Buhari / Aregbesola Is The True Winner!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.