Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) - Poems For Review (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) (18462 Views)

NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / Collaborative Poetry Competition Season One: ROYVER AND KRYSTALXXX WINS!!! / A Critique Of Poems Featured In Nairaland's "The Poets" Competition Season 2 (2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 16, 2014
Royver,the analysis scores 10 points. If someone comes in with it from the other contestants,that's a 10 point edge,you get it?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Royver(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2014
laykorn:
Royver,the analysis scores 10 points. If someone comes in with it from the other contestants,that's a 10 point edge,you get it?
Ayamlaykorn
Ok, in church. Will post it when I get back.happy Sunday.
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by noble4d(m): 11:55am On Nov 16, 2014
laykorn:
Ayamlaykorn

You are doing a good job here@ laykorn smiley
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Royver:

Ok, in church. Will post it when I get back.happy Sunday.
Okay. I hope you leave church before the judges do sha. HaPpy SuNdaY.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by OMA4U(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Thank you, dear Contestants. Results will be updated soon, followed by announcement of the winner, then launching of Nairaland Poetry Club. The vision and mission of the Club will be stated clearly. We welcome every poet to the club.

To join Nairaland Poetry Club on whatsapp, drop your number or send a message to 08039594156.

Thank you for your cooperation.
OMA
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Programmes:
-Scores Announcement
-Winner Announcement by OMA4U
-Speeches
-Launching of the NL Poetry Club

Cc Philtrum,timpaker,JigsawKillah,
gottoboy,harddon,krystalxxx,Chuksemi,Texanomaly
giyazz,firestar,kagari,AmiableJay,iyabodeh
Gladyys,joseph1832,dre11midasbliss,ad3ola,IGItee,eke40seven,sosiqdude

Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Royver(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
laykorn:

Okay. I hope you leave church before the judges do sha. HaPpy SuNdaY.
Ayamlaykorn

Done.
Governorship aspiRAt came to service so we finished a little later than usual. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by AD30LA: 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
A warrior got shot
A warrior got up

He fell in dust
He rose to duel

For he was weak
For he became strong

Weak! You got him
Weaks you're in doom

One with no strength
One with duo strength

A man in agony
A man in victory

Risen by the man
Raises up the man

Did wat had to
Get back feels sober

Am so sorry partner, kindly accept my sincere apology.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Royver, thanks. We know what I mean. wink
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by OMA4U(m): 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
Scores are being updated. Congrats to those that are winning.

We're waiting for the last judge. Please, bear with us.
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by gottoboy(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
laykorn:
Programmes:
-Scores Announcement
-Winner Announcement by OMA4U
-Speeches
-Launching of the NL Poetry Club

Cc Philtrum,timpaker,JigsawKillah,
gottoboy,harddon,krystalxxx,Chuksemi,Texanomaly
giyazz,firestar,kagari,AmiableJay,iyabodeh
Gladyys,joseph1832,dre11midasbliss,ad3ola,IGItee,eke40seven,sosiqdude

Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by OMA4U(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
[/b]I hereby announce the total scores of the finalists in this Collaborative Poetry Competition Season One:

Contestant one: 245
Contestant two: 217
Contestant three: 240

THE WINNER OF THIS COMPETITION IS CONTESTANT ONE: ROYVER AND KRYSTALXXX

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Read our glamorous poems here: https://www.nairaland.com/1963909/collaborative-poetry-competition-season-one
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Congratulations Royver....In my opinion......all the glory of this belongs to you . I'm grateful for everything.
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Krystalxxx:
Congratulations Royver....In my opinion......all the glory of this belongs to you . I'm grateful for everything.
Congratulations..... I remember the day you came here and asked if you were welcome to post your poems. A few months back. Nobody responded. Lol. Nostalgia.
Tomorrow evening the competition will be officially closed and an e-club launched. You or Royver could prepare to say something.
I forgive you for calling me "chicken". Heheheheh. You are the star!

Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by OMA4U(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
CONGRATULATORY AND GRATITUDE SPEECH

it's a profound pleasure and honour, in which I'm so elated, that this maiden collaborative poetry competition comes to an outstanding ending. Without mincing words, I congratulate every participant. You're all winners and you all wrote brilliant poems. I have always known and proud that Nairaland's got brilliant poets and this has proven my assertion right.

I honour everyone who assisted in making this a great success. I'd like to find some special skills of expressing my intense and deep appreciations to our impeccable judges:

TIMPAKER, I'm indebted to you, Sir. You're one of the greatest poet I have ever come across. Besides this, one of the kindest, humorous, and humble.

NOBLE4D, I can't thank you enough, Boss. Noble is truly Noble, coupled with kind heart and and warm soul. He's a great TEACHER of poetry, who knows the nitty-gritty, and along side with timpaker, they teach me and others how to construct brilliant poems. Thank you, sir.

And to think that timpaker and noble4d study literature far from it. It's the the poetic ink that runs through their veins at work.

OMA4U, when other expected judges didn't show up, I took the bull by the horn to access the poems, even though I seem not to be qualified. Pardon me, please.

My deep and sincere gratitude goes to who else if not LAYKORN. Sir, thank you for your immense supports.

To others who have one way or the other, or those my memory can't process now I say thank you.

With supports from those that I have mentioned earlier and IYABODEH, I hereby declare open NAIRALAND POETRY CLUB. I welcome everyone as we dwell in one another's ink.

Thank you
OMA

Pardon any blunder, abeg. No time to proofread.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
laykorn:

Congratulations..... I remember the day you came here and asked if you were welcome to post your poems. A few months back. Nobody responded. Lol. Nostalgia.
Tomorrow evening the competition will be officially closed and an e-club launched. You or Royver could prepare to say something.
I forgive you for calling me "chicken". Heheheheh. You are the star!

Ayamlaykorn

Thankyou laykorn smiley
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by noble4d(m): 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
Congratulations to the winners smiley
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by timpaker(m): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2014
Wow! It has been great reading poems of poets in this contest. Y'all are amazing. Many congratulations to the contestants.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by pureIvory(f): 10:44am On Nov 17, 2014
Congratulations Royver and Krystalxxx, you guys are amazing.
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Fembleez1(m): 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
embarassed
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by heayey(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
i,'d love to join
Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by AD30LA: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sleep evades me
(Odukoya A. Adeola)

Oh! My world crumbles
The pain tingles
This depair i need to elude
But sleep evades me

My crucial bone aches
My brain sheds like dusty cakes
All will be taken by slumber i thought
But sleep evades me

Joy pervades my mind
To darkness i became blind
Oh! Lots of fruit to pluck at dawn
But sleep evades me

Thoughts of battles fought visible
Sound of victory from afar audible
The night a veil between my medal and i
But sleep evades me

Sleep evades me; for joy overwhelms
Living me stuck in these fency realms
Sleep evades me; for sorrow lingers on
Only in drifting off does peace hides

oh! I need to escape this torture
Oh! Behind the night is my future
Night! I need to get out of this fog
But sleep evades me

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) by Jetix: 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
how do we join season two? and what are the rules in how many poems you can submit here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / Rhymes / The Last Monkey In Idanre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.