Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. (2449 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Shocking: Ex-footballer Odartey Lamptey Discovers 3 Kids With Wife Not His (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by SirAweezy(m): 12:33am On Oct 18, 2014
This happened to me today, I opened an acct with a particular Nigeria prime bank (name withheld).

I called for a meeting today, with the branch manager and two of his account officers were present. Surprisingly, one of the account officers happened to be My Ex mum (whom was introduced to me has the real manager of my account).

This is a woman that never gave me a chance when I was dating her daughter, she warned me several times to stay off her, although she pretended to accept me one time because her daughter loves me so much(then). She was also instrumental to our break-up (which was for Good).

Now I don't want any familiar person on my transactions nor my account, her voice was just shaking when I was asking her questions on operations.

Here is what bothers me: should I allow her manage the account or call for a change (not forgetting she's got over 20years experience with the same bank). I'm now so confused **I've been thinking all Day***
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by DukeNija(m): 12:37am On Oct 18, 2014
Just leave things the way they are, allow karma finish what she started! grin
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by mrvance(m): 12:41am On Oct 18, 2014
Thinking
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 18, 2014
I feel your plight. But don't not let your emotions cloud your judgement, she was only doing what she thought was best for her daughter, we shouldn't mix personal things with business. Replace her not because of what she did, but because you don't feel comfortable with her managing ur accounts. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by SirAweezy(m): 12:43am On Oct 18, 2014
DukeNija:
Just leave things the way they are, allow karma finish what she started! grin

Hmm really, I should? Just feeling indefferent, nostalgia and all(you know that "hate face" still looking at you).
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Richy4(m): 12:45am On Oct 18, 2014
You should draw a line between family matters and business.
haba!!! How dare you even think about replacing her over family matters. That will be super immature.
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by olu77(m): 12:46am On Oct 18, 2014
Leave her in charge if you are still intrested in the girl. Her daughter is your's now that she knows your fat account status grin
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by SirAweezy(m): 12:55am On Oct 18, 2014
Richy4:
You should draw a line between family matters and business.
haba!!! How dare you even think about replacing her over family matters. That will be super immature.

I'm on the verge of a transaction, and she's also part of my key advisers, I'm just feeling she's too close to know most of my business transactions. I feel she Will be knowing too much.

7 Likes

Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Richy4(m): 1:58am On Oct 18, 2014
SirAweezy:

I'm on the verge of a transaction, and she's also part of my key advisers, I'm just feeling she's too close to know most of my business transactions. I feel she Will be knowing too much.

There is something i don't really get here sir. Are you unsettled that she will be knowing most of your private affairs or are you intimidated that she is more experienced.

if it is the private affairs, I trust you can keep her in her place without blinking an eye. if it is the other option, I can't help in that. but i beg you for business sake, do not try to put her good suggestion down because of the past.

Good luck
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Mobebi(m): 2:56am On Oct 18, 2014
guy, change her quick..... its Ur money, have u thought if reverse were d case and u r her account officer? an enemy is an enemy at what ever stage u meet.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 18, 2014
Keep her,let her be intimidated by your fat account..

2 Likes

Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Kimoni: 3:49am On Oct 18, 2014
If you feel so uncomfortable esp for personal reasons like this, you can always request that your account officer be changed or account relocated. Customer is king!

2 Likes

Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by gistmelove(m): 5:20am On Oct 18, 2014
Please change her oooo, she be confirmed enemy of progress tongue
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by maclatunji: 7:16am On Oct 18, 2014
I think conflict of interest issues arise here.
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by thorpido(m): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2014
In what way is she likely to affect your transactions negatively?I think she will do her job professionally and you have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by dre11(m): 7:47am On Oct 18, 2014
It's ur money.. ... Its ur show

If ur instinct tells u to change.. ...

Do the needful

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by SirAweezy(m): 7:54am On Oct 18, 2014
olu77:
Leave her in charge if you are still intrested in the girl. Her daughter is your's now that she knows your fat account status grin

Lol naa 'Married now.
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by cdamsel(f): 8:59am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by SirAweezy(m): 9:03am On Oct 18, 2014
[
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Natascha(f): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
OP ask for a new account officer.
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Valto(m): 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
@op, demand for a change of account officer as soon as possible. No need contemplating.
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by bebe2(f): 12:25am On Oct 19, 2014
Valto:
@op, demand for a change of account officer as soon as possible. No need contemplating.

simple!!

case closed
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Kbabie(f): 10:58am On Oct 20, 2014
Follow your instincts;
If you are not comfortable, change your bank. And let her know she is the reason you want to change.
No sentiments in business.

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
Lalasticlala undecided
Re: Shocking! Ex. Mum Is My New Account Officer, Thinking Of Replacing Her.. by sisisioge: 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2018
Whether she's your KAM or not, so long as you remain in the bank and branch, she would know your business. I wouldn't want any familiar anything there too so as to maintain strict professionalism. I would carefully withdraw without being too obvious...maybe after this huge transaction brewing cheesy.

(1) (Reply)

95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible / gig / I got the help I needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.