Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? (30359 Views)

Guys,how Do Yhu Initiate S3x When You Are Alone with a Girl? / 10 Statements Ladies Make To Scare Guys When They Initiate Sex / What Will It Take For A Guy To Initiate A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2014
movein:
Wait let me ask ifa grin

Yes my guy. Abeg deliver weti ifa tell us o. Me sef wan ask amadioha
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by nomabeeee(f): 9:37am On Oct 18, 2014
GamaG:
I want to know whether it is the sole duty of men to say 'I love you' first before the women respond with 'I love you too'.

honestly speaking, this issue has been giving me cause for concern as when I refused to say it, my fiancee will not initiate it. your opinion is highly needed please.
hmm for me If am dating a guy and he dosnt say I love u to me then he won't get same frm me.he shuld be d one to initiate it first..then I can follow all d way..meanwhile..there r some guys dt won't always tel u dy love u buh inside of them they truly love u to tiny pieces.so I jst think d I love u thing is not even always necessary.a man dt loves u wil show it in some oda way mayb via his actions.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2014
happykidArotiba:
lyk dont some people sleep? grin grin
and wat kind of english language is this?
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2014
Op,, I will set up a COMMITTEE To look into this request of yours. Okay. Wagbayi jare.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by LaurelP(m): 10:00am On Oct 18, 2014
Its mostly in Africa where men have made women to feel like gods. Go to the western world and you'll see dat women infact do and say dis things more dan d men.

I don't know it its illiteracy or too much nymphomaniaism dat is worrying us, making us fool ourselves in front of women! I hardly tell a girl I love u, even if I do. Yes, there are other ways by which I communicate it to her in a subtle manner and b4 u know it, she'll be d one telling me I love u. But when u kip on saying it to her, it becomes common.
I do more of showing dan saying it.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by 1one: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2014
paramedic:
if you don't, who will?
or you looking for whom to call a cheap girl?
as far as the flag is green white and green,
it's your responsibility to initiate such

if you wouldn't mind.. Kindly expatiate.

How does a girl's verbal profession of love make her cheap.

When did profession of love become a task, a delegated responsibility for either partner.

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Owodiong(m): 10:11am On Oct 18, 2014
paramedic:
if you don't, who will?
for ya mind nah
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Mrfils(m): 10:14am On Oct 18, 2014
HARDDON:

!
HARDDON, now I think it's time u opened dat thread... "HARDDON's Love Clinic" grin grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2014
[deleted]

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Sibele(m): 11:12am On Oct 18, 2014
paramedic:
if you don't, who will?

Na em be say u never fall for the guy u go wait tire sootee u go dey sing recite am for the guy I love u boo do u love me too
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by fairheven: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2014
LaurelP:
Its mostly in Africa where men have made women to feel like gods. Go to the western world and you'll see dat women infact do and say dis things more dan d men.

I don't know it its illiteracy or too much nymphomaniaism dat is worrying us, making us fool ourselves in front of women! I hardly tell a girl I love u, even if I do. Yes, there are other ways by which I communicate it to her in a subtle manner and b4 u know it, she'll be d one telling me I love u. But when u kip on saying it to her, it becomes common.
I do more of showing dan saying it.
Bro.is not even an African tin,is mostly Nigerian women mentality;I mean just cross Boarder,go to any neighbouring African nation,it is totally different,byt naija babes behave as if they do men a favour.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Vikky014(f): 11:28am On Oct 18, 2014
GamaG:
for 7years now we've been together, she neva say it once to me. so am curious av decided to stop saying it.
hmmmm
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by PreshyG(f): 11:28am On Oct 18, 2014
I say dat to my baby alot! He feels it weneva i do. No big deal!
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by remebombom: 11:37am On Oct 18, 2014
when it comes to relationship, there are no hard and fast rules. what works for some1 myt not work for sm1 else. she myt be shy, she myt b type who doesn't express her feelings always or easily, she myt not b feeling u.
many things are involved. I suggest u talk things over with her, tell her hw u feel abt it. u myt jst b able to get her out of her shell or get to knw wats really up. dahzall
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by 3plestar(m): 11:42am On Oct 18, 2014
love is vise vasa. any of the two can blow it out
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 18, 2014
I don't expect a real man to have any problem in taking the lead to express love vocally to the woman he cherishes. hmmn, come to think of it,most african males have no idea of what love is. They grew up seeing their dad telling their mum- 'pack out of my house!' sad.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by HARDDON: 11:45am On Oct 18, 2014
Mrfils:

HARDDON, now I think it's time u opened dat thread... "HARDDON's Love Clinic" grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Been thinking about that for a while now
But how do u put a face to a ghost within the fog?
How do u conclusively consider something so multi facet that men tru time n ages faught for, lived for and died for yet had little knowing about ?

How do u define something that defies definition?
Melt minds, lame limps , weaken wills and heat up hearts?
Something so customized such that what works for some, dooms for others?

Real time friends have been prodding for a blog, but

how do u Define Love? Men? and Women?

Tot to each his own?

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by kullozone(m): 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
phransix147:

This one would be there forming gangster... That's how Aunty Jane turned 50 and single...

lol
NICE!
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by happykidArotiba(m): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
Jenams:
and wat kind of english language is this?
read it again, with ur right senses
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by HARDDON: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
Paulv:
HARDDON, pls advic me...lik my gel she display dat no 3.but it's a long r/ship now but befor she traveld we wher both inlov nd i alwas tel her howmuch i lv her.shuld i be acting lik i dnt care too,pls help

How long has she been gone? What were ur resolutions b4 she left?( u guys did hv time to talk at lengths? Did u take drinks to her parents? Or at the very least slip a proposal ring down d middle finger?(though weak, itz a commitment sign )

How was d r/ship b4 she left compared to now? Did any of u ever cheat n got caught b4 she left?

Sorry about d questions but to troubleshoot, u got to start from minute details most times
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mtcheeew ask d gods....#ReadingTinz
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by slimmingcare(f): 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
Many ladies have lost the love of their lives due to the fact that they were waiting for the guys to talk.
Go and watch Igboya and see wat happened between Muyiwa Ademola and Bimbo Oshin
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by okabe(m): 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
onye huru onye di ya mma ya gwa ya #DAZORL

I think anyone can tell anyone 'I love you'. If you're a lady, take this advice BUT never make the mistake of proposing. That's the point I draw the line

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by ideology(m): 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
Does it matter who says it first,

The most important part is to say it because you mean it, and its true.

I LOVE YOU GLAMMY smiley [size=1pt]houseofglam7[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Paulv(m): 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
HARDDON:

How long has she been gone? What were ur resolutions b4 she left?( u guys did hv time to talk at lengths? Did u take drinks to her parents? Or at the very least slip a proposal ring down d middle finger?(though weak, itz a commitment sign )

How was d r/ship b4 she left compared to now? Did any of u ever cheat n got caught b4 she left?

Sorry about d questions but to troubleshoot, u got to start from minute details most times
broda nothing lik ring or cheating,she as been away now for lik 3wks or so, the only time she calld was 2days ago nd she was(pls call me nd imediatly hangup) if i'm to follow wat u said dat i quote i dnt no if it wl propel her to call too or i wil b messingup. but she'nt working oo.nd any time i tel her dos magic word(in a very romantic way)she wl reply wit alot of surbtility asiv she won cry.nd thnk 4 honouring my questn.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by adexsimply(m): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
sparkymummy:

@op since you love her why not initiate it. You will soon get tired of this "I love you" you are waiting for.

Yes it is the sole duty of men to say 'I love you' first because I believe you were the one that worked up to her. You are sure and know what you really want from her.
How did you know he worked up to her?
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by adexsimply(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
sparkymummy:

Some people are not good with love words but they mean it whenever they say it. she might say it to you on your wedding day.
The most important thing is showing you how much she loves you. Some girls can shout and sing 'I love you' even when on top of another man.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
u can't change what is older than ur ancestors.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by dre11(m): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
prettythicksme:
not every guys that say that magic word are players some just love saying it to express their feelings

Not all but most
Expect he is a kind of guy that readily says it to proper around him and he doesn't attached more meaning to it
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
i love u
CuteAnnabelle:
kiss kiss Don't Know, Don't Care
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
youngprofdguru:
Mtcheeew ask d gods....#ReadingTinz
kiddo, u really need to get banned 4rm using romance section.
what a stewpeed lad.
Re: Is It The Duty Of Men To Initiate The I LOVE YOU Statement? by publicenemy(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
Missy89:
Say it first to a Naija guy and you are screwed. (most cases)

Lolzzz yea....most cases,But not just naija guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hycent Ukwayi Proposes To His Girlfriend In Church (Photos) / Ideal Man (for the women) / FFK: Any Man Who Doesn't Give His Lady At Least N2M For Christmas Is In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.