Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site (17273 Views)

Google Stoped Crawling My Site For A Reason I Don't Know / Which Is More Important For Google Indexing?.... / Everybody Please Submit Your Website Url For Indexing In A New Search Engine!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 5:28am On Oct 18, 2014
since 12th of this month google has not been indexing/crawling my site.

normally it takes them highest of 2 days to index but till now(6th day) they've not.

I've written a new post but not yet indexed by Google but I recieve search traffic from other search engines.

please who knows a way out of this or the cause should help me.

thanks in advance

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 6:58am On Oct 18, 2014
na wa oh...

all of una just dey view dey pass no body want help out

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by dwebdesign(m): 8:05am On Oct 18, 2014
Check your sitemap your submitted. Then also check your google index interval settings.

Log in to your webmasters tools sections and see status of indexing and crawling activities.

Is your website on wordpress or joomla? If not, what platform is it on?.

Verify your ownership of the site from the webmasters tools sections.

Check crawling and indexing activities.

BBM: 2BB63350

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by illuminatic: 10:59am On Oct 18, 2014
henryobinna:

normally it takes them highest of 2 days to index but till now(6th day) they've not.

I've written a new post but not yet indexed by Google but I recieve search traffic from other search engines.

thanks in advance
go to webmaster tools and click on fetch as google to index your site your self.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 11:06am On Oct 18, 2014
illuminatic:
go to webmaster tools and click on fetch as google to index your site your self.
I did that this morning but it has still not been indexed/crawled, after fetching as google how many minutes/hours/days does it take to get crawled?
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by illuminatic: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2014
henryobinna:
I did that this morning but it has still not been indexed/crawled, after fetching as google how many minutes/hours/days does it take to get crawled?
its supposed to be 10 minutes or so. google index www..com every 5 minutes on their own. maybe you need a little SEO optimisation.
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2014
am not good at that SEO thing n I've lost hope in it.
and my site is a blogger blog
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by bedfordng(m): 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
at times you may take some time for the bot crawler to visit ones site for indexing, so juts be patient.better still, you can ping your site url using some pinging site like pingoat and pingomatic
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
bedfordng:
at times you may take some time for the bot crawler to visit ones site for indexing, so juts be patient.better still, you can ping your site url using some pinging site like pingoat and pingomatic
I'll try pingoat but pingomatic? I don't think it works anything
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by cheavroi(m): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
henryobinna:

thanks in advance

I don't think you need to do anything special for Google to crawl your site. If they are not, you will need to analysis your website to be sure nothing is amiss.

Here are some things you can do:

1. Check your robots.txt file to make sure you are not blocking anything.

2. Check your webmaster tool. Do you have a message from Google?

3. Is your whole site still indexed by google. Do a search for your brand name. If you are not on the first page,something is wrong

If all the test above is negative, then just give it some more time.

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
cheavroi:

I don't think you need to do anything special for Google to crawl your site. If they are not, you will need to analysis your website to be sure nothing is amiss.

Here are some things you can do:

1. Check your robots.txt file to make sure you are not blocking anything.

2. Check your webmaster tool. Do you have a message from Google?

3. Is your whole site still indexed by google. Do a search for your brand name. If you are not on the first page,something is wrong

If all the test above is negative, then just give it some more time.
thanks, all these are negative, I still recieve traffic from google from my older posts but the last one I wrote some days has not been indexed so no traffic from google for that topic but I get from other engines.

imagine since 12th no crawling whereas some guy's site gets crawled every 5 minutes, I smell double standard
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by cheavroi(m): 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
Lol. Google has a lot to worry about than to not index a page from a website. If like you said all the above are negative, then I advise you create a new sitemap. Make sure the new post is actually reference in the sitemap, then resubmit it using your webmaster tool.

Then use the fetch menu.

Another hack, you can use, go to one of your older post and create a "relevant link" to your new page but note my word "relevant". I will suggest you do this as a last resort
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
cheavroi:
Lol. Google has a lot to worry about than to not index a page from a website. If like you said all the above are negative, then I advise you create a new sitemap. Make sure the new post is actually reference in the sitemap, then resubmit it using your webmaster tool.

Then use the fetch menu.

Another hack, you can use, go to one of your older post and create a "relevant link" to your new page but note my word "relevant". I will suggest you do this as a last resort
ok, I'll Check
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by resultcase(m): 12:45am On Oct 20, 2014
try https://www.attracta.com you might see why youre having the problem.
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 4:44am On Oct 20, 2014
resultcase:
try https://www.attracta.com you might see why youre having the problem.
I just went there now, I didn't see anything. tell me how do I use it
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by resultcase(m): 6:28am On Oct 20, 2014
henryobinna:
I just went there now, I didn't see anything. tell me how do I use it

Go to SEO Tools, follow the four steps they have there. When there's an error you can easily know where its coming from.....
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2014
resultcase:

Go to SEO Tools, follow the four steps they have there. When there's an error you can easily know where its coming from.....
ok, thanks I'll go there
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by cheavroi(m): 9:45am On Oct 20, 2014
Hi, just wondering. Have you written a new post after that and has it been indexed?
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 10:54am On Oct 20, 2014
cheavroi:
Hi, just wondering. Have you written a new post after that and has it been indexed?
after the one that refused to be indexed I've not written any
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Toyozzie(f): 7:38am On Oct 21, 2014
wink
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by benega: 7:39am On Oct 21, 2014
K
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by gift01: 7:40am On Oct 21, 2014
Am here to learn more from the guys who know more than me about this

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Youngzedd(m): 7:41am On Oct 21, 2014
Check if your website appears on Google search.

Hope you have not been flagged .
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Matttthew(m): 7:42am On Oct 21, 2014
[i][/i]Sorry!

That's your biznes n not mine......

We cant offer u an helping hand.
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Youngzedd(m): 7:45am On Oct 21, 2014
henryobinna:

thanks in advance

Attached.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 21, 2014
Wait let me help you call Aunty Linda,do you have any of your pix where you poss with SUV online?

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by LEERICIST(m): 7:45am On Oct 21, 2014
ok
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 7:46am On Oct 21, 2014
Toyozzie:
wink
wetin this one mean? undecided
Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by freshness2020: 7:48am On Oct 21, 2014
..and this is not funny !

1 Like

Re: Help Me Out! Google Stopped Indexing/crawling My Site by henryobinna(m): 7:48am On Oct 21, 2014
Youngzedd:
Check if your website appears on Google search.

Hope you have not been flagged .
nope! I've not been flagged. I still get search traffic from google to my older posts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Create Courier Tracking Website / iOS Android games new releases / Top Twitter Handles In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.