Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? (642 Views)

10 Reasons Why Long Courtship Should Be Avoided By Ladies. / Long Courtship Versus Short Courtship. / Long Courtship Is Bad Business By Funke Egbemode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? by uchkochi(m): 6:55am On Oct 18, 2014
LONG COURTSHIP OR SHORT COURTSHIP,WHICH 'SHIP' SAILS BEST?

I know someone that was in courtship for 9 full years,and just barely 3 months to the long awaited and `prepared for` wedding,the guy called off everything.The lady is still unmarried till now,51 years old,has a flourishing printing business in Lagos but UNMARRIED.What possibly happened,whose fault was it?Well,i am not in the business of finding who to blame but the truth is the courtship was too long.

How do you expect a marriage when virtually it was like they have been married for 9 whole years.they had done everything together.He had even known everything about her so he lacks interest in her.

I understand that the reason for long courtship most times is financial,the man wants to be over ready so they keep expecting and expecting,but do you know one fact, you don't fully get super prepared for marriage, even the rich sometimes experience financial challenge preparing for marriage all you need is a prepared mind and heart. That is all that is necessary,with this in mind i strongly believe that long courtship is unnecessary at most 2 years is most suitable.

Another reason for long courtship is that the man is trying to know the woman better,Mr! what are you still trying to know if you love her you must love her fault,you just have to be compatible that is only how you can change her.We all have faults at one time or the other but the love of God helped us all whether you know it or not.If you really want to marry her,long courtship is not necessary.

Finally,if you know you wont marry her, break the courtship or relationship immediately,a broken courtship or relationship is better than a broken marriage OR WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Re: Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? by warrikid(m): 8:05am On Oct 18, 2014
Wooow,9 years? Dats Diploma,Bsc,Msc and Phd meeehn.
Re: Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? by Raymysterio(m): 8:15am On Oct 18, 2014
Once the "ship" is heading to the wrong sea... I advice you to jump ship... Dazzol
Re: Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? by jmoore(m): 8:20am On Oct 18, 2014
It depends on the captain of the ship.

When I decide to board that ship, my plan is to get married after 6-7 months of dating/courting.
Re: Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? by Infomizer(m): 8:22am On Oct 18, 2014
warrikid:
Wooow,9 years? Dats Diploma,Bsc,Msc and Phd meeehn.
Lwkmd

Op..If the courtship is too long, there's no point jare..Apparently, if they wanted each other that bad, they woulda sorted themselves out and tied the knot. Too long is too bad joor.
Re: Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? by adepiero: 8:26am On Oct 18, 2014
Abandonship is the best
Re: Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? by kay29000(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2014
From watching the marriages of people around me (siblings, cousins, friends, and friends of friends) I would say a short courtship is always better. I know people that courted for 5 years, and still broke up their marriage after a year. And I personally know people that courted for 9 months and then marriage preparations began, and they are still living peacefully in Benin city together after 5 years.

The truth is, you can never completely know a partner during courtship, cos courtship is not the same as marriage, and your partner himself/herself doesn't even know how she is going to react in all situations after marriage. So, I think 12-14 months courtship is just right. You just need to know the basics about your partner before you go on.

One thing you should make sure you do is look for a safe way to get your partner angry or frustrated, and see how she/he reacts in this state. This is one of the things that makes people say "My husband changed after we married." Or, "My wife was hiding her true colors all along." The truth is, that has always been part of the person, but you never got to see that side cos you were never in a situation that warranted it. So, make sure you see how your partner handles frustrating situation.

I was once courting this girl, and there was a boy in my compound that likes making unnecessarily noise. I have beaten the boy many times, and even punished him for hours, but the boy refuses to change, so I have become deaf to his sounds. That day, the girl visited my house and we were just spending quality times together, talking, and just getting to know ourselves on a deeper level. The boy started making his noise again, and I ignored it. I noticed the girl stopped talking, and then she started hyperventilating after a while. Then she took a deep breath and laughed, and then said. "God save that kid that I don't live here, I would have beaten the living daylight out of him." That situation revealed that part of her that I didn't know was there (she is usually very full of life, and funny).

So, remember, it is always important to see your potential husband/wife in a state of anger. You can court someone for 6 years and might not get to see that side of her/him. So, it is really not about how long the courtship is.
Re: Long Courtship Or Short Courtship, Which 'ship' Sails Best? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 18, 2014
....Does it matter??...

Either long courtship and short courtship....It does not guarantee a better marriage....

Marriage is a game of luck.......It depends on how both parties plays their card.....It depends on how both parties blow their fire.....If only the nigga is struggling to keep the fire burning, theres gonna be problem...

....The best and most wonderful thing is if they both work to keep the fire burning....

(1) (Reply)

Dead!!! Dead!!! / Why Do You Have To Fall In Love / This Is About Chrismans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.