Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? (6504 Views)

Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? / Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2014
This life is a war. It is almost unbelievable that christians are fighting christians and muslims are taking a good laugh. So many people left Catholic church because they didn't ask questions, They were brainwashed by one thing or the other. One thing about life is that we all have somewhere we fit in. Something that actually meets our desire and satisfy us. Believing in Holy Trinity and Virgin Mary can't make Catholics stupid. Everybody's fighting for one place- Heaven. And trying to make people become part of your church isn't a healthy christian living. I've met people who tell me that they were once a Catholic as if being a Catholic is actually a crime. I don't blame them because they are with the winning team. Church is not a competition for crying out loud rather making heaven is. It doesn't matter where you belong, just be there in good faith.
This bible that many people have republished to suit their beliefs all started with the Catholic Church and if they come out tomorrow to say that bible is a lie, then it is. So many people left the Catholic Church without asking questions. Well, I'm not here to make you feel that you took a bad decision, I'm only here to make you have a rethink. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Kayceo2010: 7:40am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 18, 2014
Kayceo2010:
Ah don catch yhu... cheesy ..# Proudlycatholic!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 7:49am On Oct 18, 2014
For a start, I have seen more hate among the muslim sects like sunni and shia than I see among christians. But that's btw,

As for the said "hatred" for Catholics, all I see is the manifestation of Christ's word in John 15:18-19 and Rev 12:17.

Again I believe people don't hate "The Catholic church" most of them only hate what they thought is the Catholic church.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Tallesty1(m): 7:51am On Oct 18, 2014
I will start by saying that No One hates us.... They just don't agree with the teachings of our church.
And I don't blame them. If the teachings and practices of a church cannot speak for it then it deserves all the attacks.

Any Christian who strongly believes that the Bible is the guide for faith and practice will not like catholic church.(even me) Why?

Todays Catholic has departed from the "official traditions" of the Catholic Church. For example, the church does not "officially" teach Catholics to worship Mary, but rather to honor and revere her(which I still do not agree with). However, through observation, it is abundantly clear that many Catholics do in fact worship Mary(My family used to).

Jesus warned against vain repetitious prayers. They have no weight with God. He detests them.
I'm sure you say the rosary.

Praying to dead saints is blasphemous. And many others.

The adoption of many pagan beliefs and practices to facilitate gaining pagans easier as converts, then using said teachings to frighten people into submission to them is what I dislike about catholic but I can't leave them because there is not a single church in Nigeria that does not have flaws. Name it and I will tell you where they err.

One funny thing is that even our accusers are guilty of thesame thing. There is a degree of ignorance amongst us all.. How? All of us just go with what our churches tell us without question which is wrong. Scriptures says in Acts 17:11 "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." how many Christians do this?

Talking about bible, I am sure you do not know how The catholic church kept the Bible out of the hands of other people, so they wouldn't learn that they were being lied to by the church about what it actually teaches. I'm also sure you don't......shocked......lipsrsealed

e don too much already.

My point is, no one hates catholic church but many disagree with their teachings.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 7:54am On Oct 18, 2014
SalC:
For a start, I have seen more hate among the muslim sects like sunni and shia than I see among christians. But that's btw,

As for the said "hatred" for Catholics, all I see is the manifestation of Christ's word in John 15:18-19 and Rev 12:17.

Again I believe people don't hate "The Catholic church" most of them only hate what they thought is the Catholic church.
You're right, that's why I said that most of them that left never asked question. They only assumed.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 7:54am On Oct 18, 2014
We all worship one God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 7:55am On Oct 18, 2014
Tallesty1:
This place belongs to me.....

Typing..................
Better type fast, waiting for your glorified response.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 7:57am On Oct 18, 2014
I think the word "hate" is a little harsh, even though it feels that way at times.

Most non Catholics are not even worried about Catholics, they're just neutral and probably get along fine with their Catholic neighbors. Even if they do disagree with something(s) about Catholicism, it still doesn't mean hate

I have been mixed up with anti Catholics(Am not a Catholic tho) which are a different case entirely but I still wouldn't necessarily use the word hate, and with the case of anti Catholics, you need to remember that a very large percentage of them are actually just ex Catholics on a hissy fit about trying to find something evil about the Church so they can justify their departure from it.

The overwhelming majority of non Catholics seem to have little or zero issue with the Catholic Church. The arguments are always the same, papal authority, organized religion, Pogatory,Saying the Rosary,Worshipping/Honouring Mary, Rev fathers and wives, Mary, blah blah, blah because they don't believe in ur faith!

We all serve and worship one God with the Hope of making Heaven at last!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by YungwizzzyChina: 8:06am On Oct 18, 2014
'
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by LEERICIST(m): 8:08am On Oct 18, 2014
see as una dey book space like say the topic don reach fp already

ANYWAY

THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE cheesy
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by davdandam(m): 8:13am On Oct 18, 2014
Nkechi bring my mat, azuka bring my snuff. ...mama nkechi bring my isi ewu o. ...make I dey here first
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:
I think the word "hate" is a little harsh, even though it feels that way at times.

Most non Catholics are not even worried about Catholics, they're just neutral and probably get along fine with their Catholic neighbors. Even if they do disagree with something(s) about Catholicism, it still doesn't mean hate

I have been mixed up with anti Catholics(Am not a Catholic tho) which are a different case entirely but I still wouldn't necessarily use the word hate, and with the case of anti Catholics, you need to remember that a very large percentage of them are actually just ex Catholics on a hissy fit about trying to find something evil about the Church so they can justify their departure from it.

The overwhelming majority of non Catholics seem to have little or zero issue with the Catholic Church. The arguments are always the same, papal authority, organized religion, Rev fathers and wives, Mary, blah blah, blah

nne I wonder o...
I was about asking if she carried out a survey before drawing this inference.
People hate? Who are the people mbok?
Nah, I don't hate them...I think I'm indifferent just as you said @Prisca

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 8:44am On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:

The overwhelming majority of non Catholics seem to have little or zero issue with the Catholic Church. The arguments are always the same, papal authority, organized religion, Rev fathers and wives, Mary, blah blah, blah

The 'hate' I used here is for the church itself and not its people. Besides, it's the people that are leaving. The church will always remain there. I get your points though. Thanks for contributing.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:

The 'hate' I used here is for the church and not its people. After all, it's the people that leaves. The church will always be there. Thanks for your points anyway.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

nne I wonder o...
you got it wrong. I said 'Catholic Church' and not 'Catholic Members'. I know what I'm talking about pls
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by asalimpo(m): 8:52am On Oct 18, 2014
because the catholic theology is d brain work of satan. And christians are to hate wat has satan's autographs.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mmsen: 8:53am On Oct 18, 2014
People hate the gross hypocrisy of the church - primary being the Jesus story and the luxury of the See of Rome.

The abuse cases don't help.

Allied with a history of irresponsible advice you begin to understand some of the hate.

P.S.
Muslim factions squabble as well. Any group claiming to speak for god will always fragment - it's a power game.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:
you got it wrong. I said 'Catholic Church' and not 'Catholic Members'. I know what I'm talking about pls

Is it not the members that make up the church? ? ?
Or you talking about the building?
Or the teachings/doctrines of the church?
Then you may av to be clearer in ur topicundecided
I know what I'm talking about too

:-Whichever way it is, I till think it's statistically wrong to arrive @ this conclusion.
:-What % of the entire populace did you converse with b4 arriving @ this conclusion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 8:58am On Oct 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Is it not the members that make up the church? ? ?
Or you talking about the building?
Or the teachings/doctrines of the church?
Then you may av to be clearer in ur topicundecided
I know what I'm talking about too
You can't say that. The same members leave but the Church remains. You need more clarification.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mesoade(m): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2014
I don't hate catholics,just that i don't agree with some of their doctrines . . Ok let say for example,catholics believe in PURGATORY(a place i whc after u die a sinner but as a believer,u wil go to before goin to heaven)whc is more satanic than holy,i mean it's so misleading
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2014
asalimpo:
because the catholic theology is d brain work of satan. And christians are to hate wat has satan's autographs.

Explain better pls. How can you know satan's autographs?
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:
You can't say that. The same members leave but the Church remains. You need more clarification.
pls you wouldn't mind going back to your post to clarify me?
I'm waiting.
BTW in ma earlier post that you first quoted I can't even remember saying 'members'. I said them or was I supposed to say 'it'
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 9:06am On Oct 18, 2014
mmsen:
People hate the gross hypocrisy of the church - primary being the Jesus story and the luxury of the See of Rome.

The abuse cases don't help.

Allied with a history of irresponsible advice you begin to understand some of the hate.

P.S.
Muslim factions squabble as well. Any group claiming to speak for god will always fragment - it's a power game.
You can't compare those old cases with now. People were more or less lost on how to go about with christianity that they had to do so many things to prove their faith. This time, it's different because they have understood. Nothing comes easy.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 9:12am On Oct 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

pls you wouldn't mind going back to your post to clarify me?
I'm waiting.
BTW in ma earlier post that you first quoted I can't even remember saying 'members'. I said them or was I supposed to say 'it'
Yes, the 'it' is even preferable cos it's one church.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2014
mesoade:
I don't hate catholics,just that i don't agree with some of their doctrines . . Ok let say for example,catholics believe in PURGATORY(a place i whc after u die a sinner but as a believer,u wil go to before goin to heaven)whc is more satanic than holy,i mean it's so misleading
Purgatory is more or less like a place where you atone for your sins. Not believing in it shouldn't be a reason for you to call it satanic cos so many people's hopes lie there. Be realistic. You believe in heaven and hell without seeing it.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 9:22am On Oct 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

nne I wonder o...

You are right. My dear am not a Catholic but then I don't hate them. You actually understood my point very well cool
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mesoade(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:
Purgatory is more or less like a place where you atone for your sins. Not believing in it shouldn't be a reason for you to call it satanic cos so many people's hopes lie there. Be realistic. You believe in heaven and hell without seeing it.
eiya c wat catholism has done to d belief of my sister . .

The bible stated that you can only ask for forgiveness while on earth and nothing,

the reason i said it's rather satanic and misleading is that many ppl wil b wallowing in sin,tinkin dat after death,dey'l b in purgatory and not hell.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 9:26am On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:
The 'hate' I used here is for the church and not its people. After all, it's the people that leaves. The church will always be there. Thanks for your points anyway.

Dear people make up a church. I believe you are not referring to the building itself!

When we talk about church,we are actually referring to the worshippers and not the empty building. The use of Hate in ur post is strong

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Tallesty1(m): 9:32am On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:
Better type fast, waiting for your glorified response.
First comment modified............ Scroll up
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2014
mesoade:
eiya c wat catholism has done to d belief of my sister . .

The bible stated that you can only ask for forgiveness while on earth and nothing,

the reason i said it's rather satanic and misleading is that many ppl wil b wallowing in sin,tinkin dat after death,dey'l b in purgatory and not hell.
One of the reason why I said people only hate what they believee to be the Catholic church or it's teachings
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mesoade(m): 9:44am On Oct 18, 2014
SalC:
One of the reason why I said people only hate what they believee to be the Catholic church or it's teachings
rephrase

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exclusive: The Messy Details Of Pastor Chris’ Divorce / Who Created Other Planets? / The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.