Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:20 AM

The Police Is Asking For 10000 To Issue A Report For Insurance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Police Is Asking For 10000 To Issue A Report For Insurance (1305 Views)

My Stolen Mazda 626 Has Been Recovered By The Police / Misuse Of Power By Some Vehicle Insurance Officers. / Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Police Is Asking For 10000 To Issue A Report For Insurance by chidike(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
My car was vandalized last night, the brain box amongst other things were taken. Luckily for me I have comprehensive insurance which I think should cover the repairs. I get to the police station to make a statement and get the report and I was told to bring 30k. This is the boss making this request oh, after pleading for a while he finally came down to 10k and has refused to go any lower.

What kind of country do we live in? Where one has tobpay 10, 000 to get a police report. This is really sad.

1 Like

Re: The Police Is Asking For 10000 To Issue A Report For Insurance by dhardline(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
Yea..thats what they charge my brother...its a corrupt country indeed.but let me advice you,once you have made the report to the station even though you have not collected the reports hard copy you can move straight to the insurance company as they should go to the station and check themselves since it must have been registered in the police books already.
Re: The Police Is Asking For 10000 To Issue A Report For Insurance by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
chidike:
My car was vandalized last night, the brain box amongst other things were taken. Luckily for me I have comprehensive insurance which I think should cover the repairs. I get to the police station to make a statement and get the report and I was told to bring 30k. This is the boss making this request oh, after pleading for a while he finally came down to 10k and has refused to go any lower.

What kind of country do we live in? Where one has tobpay 10, 000 to get a police report. This is really sad.

Just in perspective I also had to pay $25 (N4,100) here in the US to get a copy.

My issue is that you had to negotiate on a price like you're buying a product at the market and not a seeking a government service.

Also what will the Police Station do with your money, will they give you a receipt for it?
Re: The Police Is Asking For 10000 To Issue A Report For Insurance by chidike(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
CityNG:

Just in perspective I also had to pay $25 (N4,100) here in the US to get a copy.

My issue is that you had to negotiate on a price like you're buying a product at the market and not a seeking a government service.

Also what will the Police Station do with your money, will they give you a receipt for it?
Police issue a receipt? Nope.

2 Likes

Re: The Police Is Asking For 10000 To Issue A Report For Insurance by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
chidike:

Police issue a receipt? Nope.

grin

I hear you.

I was in court getting some affidavit and I was asked "wetin you bring for the boys".

The irony was that in full view of both of us was sign that read "Do Not Give Bribe, Report Anyone That Asks For Bribes".

So when I told him about the sign, he said "na our oga himself wey put the sign there we go share am together with".

This was in a Nigerian Courthouse in Ibadan.

Anyways, hopefully your insurance company can get a copy themselves since you reported the crime or you'll just have to give onto Caesar.

1 Like

Re: The Police Is Asking For 10000 To Issue A Report For Insurance by Chuckdee(m): 11:04am On Oct 20, 2014
CityNG:

grin

I hear you.

I was in court getting some affidavit and I was asked "wetin you bring for the boys".

The irony was that in full view of both of us was sign that read "Do Not Give Bribe, Report Anyone That Asks For Bribes".

So when I told him about the sign, he said "na our oga himself wey put the sign there we go share am together with".

This was in a Nigerian Courthouse in Ibadan.

Anyways, hopefully your insurance company can get a copy themselves since you reported the crime or you'll just have to give onto Caesar.

grin shocked cheesy

(1) (Reply)

2014 Audi RS5 Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz C63 507 Coupe.which Is A Better? / Unbelievable! These Water Buses Can Move On Land And Water (photos) / Honda Accord Wont Start. Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.