Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 (13620 Views)

RX 300 Or Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander / Purchasing A New Kia Rio / Brand New Kia Cerato Vs Used Japanese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Eyop: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
chillex8:

Am certain you brother is happy with his choice.

I have no business under the hood of a bought "brand-new" vehicle, be it kia rio or innoson sedan unless wen its due for servicing in accordance with the owner's manual.

My brother was happy when he initially got her but after that mechanical issue,kia or any other korean brand doesn't wow him again. Don't get me wrong chillex8,brand new vehicles are sweet but it depends on which of them compared to a Used vehicle.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
Eyop:
brand new vehicles are sweet but it depends on which of them compared to a Used vehicle.

This is the point I've been driving at - it definitely depends on what are being compared.

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by chillex8(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
Eyop:

My brother was happy when he initially got her but after that mechanical issue,kia or any other korean brand doesn't wow him again. Don't get me wrong chillex8,brand new vehicles are sweet but it depends on which of them compared to a Used vehicle.

Brand new kia rio is sweeter than lexus rx300 2003..

Its unacceptable to compare NEW to USED... They don't mean the same thing..
Kappish
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
#Team 1999certified used lexus over a 2014 brand new piece of junk engineering with only 2 Airbags.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
lomomike:
#Team 1999certified used lexus over a 2014 brand new piece of junk engineering with only 2 Airbags.

The 2014 Kia Rio has 2 airbags?? shocked That must be the upgraded SE spec. The Poverty spec model comes with 0 airbags.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by chillex8(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
#team 2014 kia rio over 2003 lexus rx300 whose parts are worn off.

I buy my 2014 kia rio, use for 4-5 years without complains...

Kick and start...
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by doroboss(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
What's going on here? Did I hear of a comparison between a lexus and a kia? angry sacrilege!!!! shocked a lexus is incomparable in all features any day..... But wait a minute did you say a used 11year old lexus that has been used and dumped? (Good luck getting a low mileage one) common guys have pity on the OP nah siena is a professional mechanic that can smell a car problem miles away and fix it via bluetooth, OP might be a white collar paper pusher that needs to be in the office on time, no drag racing or off-road stunts kind of guy. He needs it as simple as it can get.
A used car is prone to unforeseen faults not covered by any form of warranty, if you guys were comparing a 4year old used car with low mileage I might have said go for the used one since ur saving a little cash, but OP help ur self, if you don't want to know the price of a set of R17 225 tyres (100k low quality 160k high quality) OP listen to the small still voice inside you that says buy the rio wink, free that that devils temptation that wants you to drive jeep and feel like a doroboss cool the jeep will come very soon and brand new insha allah.

My 5naira

DOROBOSS cool

3 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by doroboss(m): 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
chillex8:
#team 2014 kia rio over 2003 lexus rx300 whose parts are worn off.

I buy my 2014 kia rio, use for 4-5 years without complains...

Kick and start...

Bross e don do allow others comment.

Doroboss cool

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
How about the brand new Kia VR7 that lost 1st gear after a few days of ownership? And Kia are doing their best not to honour a warranty claim, telling the owner to "cover a 1,000 miles" before they would consider rectification?

Poor brand, poor post-production quality control, poor warranty, abysmal customer service.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Eyop: 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
lomomike:

Chai!!!! Disaster cheesy grin so only 2 airbags for a 2014 ride?
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by doroboss(m): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
lomomike:

How many airbags have you ever used? No lie o! If yes And when they poped were you happy or sad.

I know what airbags are meant for, but I'm guessing OP lives in lagos, crawls to work at an average speed of 30-40km/h and back if his airbags ever did pop it would be caused by a fender bender and he would be a sad man that day.

Seat belts: saving lifes since 1900

Doroboss
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by baaliyah(m): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
chillex8:

And 300naira oil filter

Only heavens know why he opened his bonnet @ all

And owners manual dey oooo

Most dealers in Nigeria use 20w50 on the cars. Even the most popular Toyota dealer does not use synthetic oil. I am sure DANA does not use synthetic.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Eyop: 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
chillex8:

Brand new kia rio is sweeter than lexus rx300 2003..

Its unacceptable to compare NEW to USED... They don't mean the same thing..
Kappish

Your own opinion bro. Cheers
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by doroboss(m): 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
Siena:
How about the brand new Kia VR7 that lost 1st gear after a few days of ownership? And Kia are doing their best not to honour a warranty claim, telling the owner to "cover a 1,000 miles" before they would consider rectification?

Poor brand, poor post-production quality control, poor warranty, abysmal customer service.

The owner need some nigerian blood injected into him dassall.

Doroboss
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by chillex8(m): 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
doroboss:

Bross e don do allow others comment.

Doroboss cool

E neva do ooo..

This isn't a fair argument, so I must state the obvious that USED can't be and will never be better than NEW.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Eyop: 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Siena:

gringringrin
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by doroboss(m): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Show me 3threads on cartalk NL that have "ANY" kia/hyundai related car issues for cars under 3years of age.

Next go to lexus thread and count the numerous problems.

OP think o! You want to go for christmas in jeep hmmm.

Doroboss.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by chillex8(m): 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Even without airbags, so long the kia rio is brand new I'll buy it over an rx300 2003 with a million airbags.

Has any V.I.O or F.R.S.C officer harassed you that your car is not fitted with air bags

If one is going to die from an accident, not even the most powerful airbag will save him.

Nairaland reported how a government official lost his life in his BMW x6 2012 or so, sometime ago

Finally, o.p

You have the various views/opinions from us..

The choice is yours only to make..
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by chillex8(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
doroboss:
Show me 3threads on cartalk NL that have "ANY" kia/hyundai related car issues for cars under 3years of age.

Next go to lexus thread and count the numerous problems.

OP think o! You want to go for christmas in jeep hmmm.

Doroboss.

I requested same too
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
Eyop:

gringringrin

You dey laff, eh? When e be say 1976 Datsun 120Y still dey run with d original 4 speed manual gearbox, ehen! Den na so pepsin go pay for brand new Kia VR7 5 speed manual, condition go come convert am to 4 speed, haba! cheesy

#GoingBackToJejelyDrivingMyTrusty1979Peugeot504GL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by doroboss(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Siena:

You dey laff, eh? When e be say 1976 Datsun 120Y still dey run with d original 4 speed manual gearbox, ehen! Den na so pepsin go pay for brand new Kia VR7 5 speed manual, condition go come convert am to 4 speed, haba! cheesy

Oga siena so you can flow like dis chai!!!! Daris......

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by doroboss(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
OP see what you have caused ehn!! We have stopped using english to bring our points home. "Yakamata ka sia sabon moto"

Doroboss

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Eyop: 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
Siena:

Siena no allow me pour food for body...gringringrin. Gradually they will convert to 3 speed gear. Yeye
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by slydog(m): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
doroboss:

How many airbags have you ever used? No lie o! If yes And when they poped were you happy or sad.

I know what airbags are meant for, but I'm guessing OP lives in lagos, crawls to work at an average speed of 30-40km/h and back if his airbags ever did pop it would be caused by a fender bender and he would be a sad man that day.

Doroboss

Based in Rivers, with so many rivers to swim with the ride, and bad roads
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by doroboss(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
slydog:

Based in Rivers, with so many rivers to swim with the ride, and bad roads

Guy you for tell us nah!!! lomomike,siena. Eyop........... I'm now with u, this man needs good ground clearance he practically swims to work.

Sorry OP you need an SUV don't even try the kia cause the bumper will fall off in the first week. Please consider the RX330 and forget the 300.

Doroboss.

3 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
doroboss:

Doroboss

Have you ever driven in a car only for it to develop a critical fault and suddenly fall off an overhead bridge into a deep drainage below?

Have you lost a brake pad to pothole infested roads and slammed into the rear of another car at 90km/hr?

If No, This is 2014, I can't drive a junk engineered car with minimalist approach to safety.

I rest my case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
doroboss:

Guy you for tell us nah!!! lomomike,siena. Eyop........... I'm now with u, this man needs good ground clearance he practically swims to work.

Sorry OP you need an SUV don't even try the kia cause the bumper will fall off in the first week. Please consider the RX330 and forget the 300.

Doroboss.

If na river him wan cross, make him better take highlander or RX300. RX330 is lower in ride height and is over stuffed with sensors, electronics, and ECUs down to their tyres.

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by skyfall: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
I'd choose the Lexus. Kia has improved to a degree, but they still have a long way to go. I don't feel safe in them.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Eyop: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
lomomike:

If na river him wan cross, make him better take highlander or RX300. RX330 is lower in ride height and is over stuffed with sensors, electronics, and ECUs down to their tyres.

Lomomike you better re confirm from the OP again to ascertain the type of river. Whether na Lagoon to better recommend a pick-up gringrin.

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by doroboss(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
Eyop:

Lomomike you better re confirm from the OP again to ascertain the type of river. Whether na Lagoon to better recommend a pick-up gringrin.

grin
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by colossus2: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
doroboss:

Doroboss.
You are a very funny dude doroboss.

Anyway, so long it's a kia, I will definitely go for the Lexus.
It's just like placing a fairly used Galaxy S4 and a brand new Tecno Phantom on the table.

1 Like

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
chillex8:

Whether its a brand new kia picanto over a used BMW..

Nothing beats a BRAND NEW car..

Those that are have bought a brand new car will understand why I say so..

Check all the threads on car talk about car issues

Most of them were not bought brand new..

All cars are liabilities...
Once a car leaves the showroom, it depreciates in value.

Why would one consider a used car over a brand new one if he can afford one with four year warranty

Haba, make we no lie for here..

@ Op, go for the kia rio if you can afford it, and forget about car issues in the next 4 years or even more...
so which of the brand new, do you use?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Topping Radiator With Water Everyday!! Is It Normal / Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market / What Are The Signs Of A Faulty Brainbox In A Nissan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.