Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,469 members, 7,801,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) (4469 Views)

Don’t Contest 2015 Election, Prominent Islamic Cleric, Sheikh Gumi, Tells Buhari / Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria / Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Mogidi: 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
by Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Oct 18, 2014

Nigeria is in such a deplorably inflamed state of insecurity and mutual mistrust between different segments of the society that doesn’t require another dirty second round of GOODLUCK vs BUHARI. In fact that will cause another severe 'political anaphylaxis' that can lead to shock and ultimate death of the nation we all aspire to live in... peace with. Sheikh Gumi

Before you start gasping for air in shock or disappointment - the usual reaction from fanatical followers of men and not reason- let me categorically say I am not a fan of any politician nor am I partisan. I know politicians have double personalities. The public image and the true one. My interest is that the nation should heal and my Islam should have it’s proper place in the fabric of its adherents not being framed, maligned or misrepresented.

Neither Goodluck nor Buhari solicited for my views or counsel before showing their ambition to contest for the presidency this time. Each has his own political advisers and praise singers from across the nation. This puts me at the same length from the two, obliging me to do what I believe is right. I feel it is time we blow the referee’s whistle to end the fight before it starts.

Let us be frank with ourselves, GOODLUCK VS BUHARI is going to be a war of two extreme poles. This polarized situation is what should be avoided at all cost. Whether Goodluck likes to hear it or not, he is seen by most Muslim masses in Nigeria as the most pro-Christian president. The CAN and the wealthy jet trotting pastors the nation is shocked with have never had it better. This has tainted PDP as a CAN party. For that most Christians will still vote for Jonathan despite the deplorable state of the nation and gross misgovernance from share recklessness and incapacity. He is still better to them than Buhari.

On the other hand, Buhari’s popularity surged to messianic peak among the ordinary northern Muslims not because of his incorruptible ascetic-like qualities but the day he debunked the Atiku’s ‘back to status quo’ declaration during the heated Sharia and Anti-Sharia debacle of Zamfara’s Sharia reintroduction. This same reason, Christians are still not comfortable with him.

My fear here is that what Buhari did was the right thing and should never regret it even if it cost him his presidency. That is his most pleasurable achievement to Allah for standing against for his own faith being tarnished and politicized. The moment he stands for the presidency he has two options, lose the Christian votes or dilute his Islamic credentials by going extra miles to prove he is not an islamist which they all know he is not.

Buhari’s candidature will unite the Christians against him and Goodluck’s candidature will unite the Muslims against him. This is the time bomb that will only probably benefit Good luck. He either continue to force his way or disintegrate the country. A win-win situation for him and his Niger Delta kinsmen.

In his four years, from day one, Goodluck knew that for him to have any chance is to use the religious and regional card. Framing northern politicians for the 2010 first Abuja MEND bombings. The government sponsored SNC which later metamorphosed to National Conference in a bid to change the constitution back door, allowing him for a third term. The other option is to create an artificial war using the security outfits he has commandeered with his kinsmen so that at least the constitutional provision of cancelling elections will give him another two good years to finish up his clandestine plans he has for northern Nigeria.

Even if Goodluck will be declared the winner, its unlikely the supreme court will not overturn his ‘victory’ as being sworn the third time which is a clear breach of the constitution. On this straw of hope which he knows and the northern politicians that are silently crawling behind him also want to make a ladder to the presidency.

Its only now the PDP and APC as political parties that can salvage Nigeria. The PDP should field any candidate other than Goodluck. His luck has expired. The APC should field any other candidate other than Buhari. His time has expired. The natural thing to do when there is an allergic reaction is to avoid the allergens. Good luck is an allergen to Northern Muslims and Buhari is an allergen to Christians. Can’t we be treated with non-allergens? PDP and APC please think twice!

Finally what disqualifies the two is their recalcitrance. It’s a popular view that nobody can approach them with what they don't want to hear. The 18 page open letter by a political mentor confirms it. I heard reliably through the grapevines Goodluck saying: ‘people think he is 'mumu', he will give out power to another person’. He has forgotten only great leaders do that for peace, stability and tranquility. He is definitely not one, and that is what further disqualifies him. Buhari also cannot be advised. That is legendary. He believes in himself only. So if before ascending to power, he is unapproachable, when he gets power he will just turn into another Pharaoh as nobody has the monopoly of wisdom and no man is indispensable.
If the two, will mutually step down for completely different people, then please spread the good tidings for a peaceful Nigeria. Otherwise we pray for God’s indulgence.

May Allah decree what is good for us. Amin.
http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/18/second-round-goodluck-vs-buhari-source-apprehension-dr-ahmad-gumi

4 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by OAUTemitayo: 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:
by Sheikh Ahmad GumiOct 18, 2014

Nigeria is in such a deplorably inflamed state of insecurity and mutual mistrust between different segments of the society that doesn’t require another dirty second round of GOODLUCK vs BUHARI. In fact that will cause another severe 'political anaphylaxis' that can lead to shock and ultimate death of the nation we all aspire to live in... peace with. Sheikh Gumi

Before you start gasping for air in shock or disappointment - the usual reaction from fanatical followers of men and not reason- let me categorically say I am not a fan of any politician nor am I partisan. I know politicians have double personalities. The public image and the true one. My interest is that the nation should heal and my Islam should have it’s proper place in the fabric of its adherents not being framed, maligned or misrepresented.

Neither Goodluck nor Buhari solicited for my views or counsel before showing their ambition to contest for the presidency this time. Each has his own political advisers and praise singers from across the nation. This puts me at the same length from the two, obliging me to do what I believe is right. I feel it is time we blow the referee’s whistle to end the fight before it starts.

Let us be frank with ourselves, GOODLUCK VS BUHARI is going to be a war of two extreme poles. This polarized situation is what should be avoided at all cost. Whether Goodluck likes to hear it or not, he is seen by most Muslim masses in Nigeria as the most pro-Christian president. The CAN and the wealthy jet trotting pastors the nation is shocked with have never had it better. This has tainted PDP as a CAN party. For that most Christians will still vote for Jonathan despite the deplorable state of the nation and gross misgovernance from share recklessness and incapacity. He is still better to them than Buhari.

On the other hand, Buhari’s popularity surged to messianic peak among the ordinary northern Muslims not because of his incorruptible ascetic-like qualities but the day he debunked the Atiku’s ‘back to status quo’ declaration during the heated Sharia and Anti-Sharia debacle of Zamfara’s Sharia reintroduction. This same reason, Christians are still not comfortable with him.

My fear here is that what Buhari did was the right thing and should never regret it even if it cost him his presidency. That is his most pleasurable achievement to Allah for standing against for his own faith being tarnished and politicized. The moment he stands for the presidency he has two options, lose the Christian votes or dilute his Islamic credentials by going extra miles to prove he is not an islamist which they all know he is not.

Buhari’s candidature will unite the Christians against him and Goodluck’s candidature will unite the Muslims against him. This is the time bomb that will only probably benefit Good luck. He either continue to force his way or disintegrate the country. A win-win situation for him and his Niger Delta kinsmen.

In his four years, from day one, Goodluck knew that for him to have any chance is to use the religious and regional card. Framing northern politicians for the 2010 first Abuja MEND bombings. The government sponsored SNC which later metamorphosed to National Conference in a bid to change the constitution back door, allowing him for a third term. The other option is to create an artificial war using the security outfits he has commandeered with his kinsmen so that at least the constitutional provision of cancelling elections will give him another two good years to finish up his clandestine plans he has for northern Nigeria.

Even if Goodluck will be declared the winner, its unlikely the supreme court will not overturn his ‘victory’ as being sworn the third time which is a clear breach of the constitution. On this straw of hope which he knows and the northern politicians that are silently crawling behind him also want to make a ladder to the presidency.

Its only now the PDP and APC as political parties that can salvage Nigeria. The PDP should field any candidate other than Goodluck. His luck has expired. The APC should field any other candidate other than Buhari. His time has expired. The natural thing to do when there is an allergic reaction is to avoid the allergens. Good luck is an allergen to Northern Muslims and Buhari is an allergen to Christians. Can’t we be treated with non-allergens? PDP and APC please think twice!

Finally what disqualifies the two is their recalcitrance. It’s a popular view that nobody can approach them with what they don't want to hear. The 18 page open letter by a political mentor confirms it. I heard reliably through the grapevines Goodluck saying: ‘people think he is 'mumu', he will give out power to another person’. He has forgotten only great leaders do that for peace, stability and tranquility. He is definitely not one, and that is what further disqualifies him. Buhari also cannot be advised. That is legendary. He believes in himself only. So if before ascending to power, he is unapproachable, when he gets power he will just turn into another Pharaoh as nobody has the monopoly of wisdom and no man is indispensable.
If the two, will mutually step down for completely different people, then please spread the good tidings for a peaceful Nigeria. Otherwise we pray for God’s indulgence.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/18/second-round-goodluck-vs-buhari-source-apprehension-dr-ahmad-gumi
Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Mogidi: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
I think Buhari should heed the voice of this Imam.

1 Like

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
Another PDP airing his paymaster's view.

5 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Mogidi: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
TribalEAST:

Did you even bother reading the article before commenting?

16 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by nuclearboy(m): 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:

Goodluck too should heed it

6 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:

where you expecting him to openly admit he's pro-GEJ?

1 Like

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by odunH(m): 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
K,APC,ve Fashola,oshiomole,kwakwanso,okorocha.pdp who do you have?k,pdp has buruji kashamu,Asari dokubo,Ayo oritsejafor,Iyiola omisore!God save Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by odunH(m): 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
K,APC, ve Fashola,oshiomole,kwakwanso,okorocha.pdp who do you have?k,pdp has buruji kashamu,Asari dokubo,Ayo oritsejafor,Iyiola omisore!God save Nigeria.
Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Mogidi: 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
TribalEAST:

Do you even know who he is? You expect a former Grand Khadi of the Northern Region of Nigeria to be pro GEJ?

6 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by bamosagie(m): 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
Very deep, almost find myself agreeing untill I realise this may be the plan all along.
No southerner or Christian will be good enough for our nothern brothers.

9 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
Interesting article with loads of crap too. Nice read

2 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Obinoscopy(m): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:
What about Jonathan? Should he heed the Imam's voice?

1 Like

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by dre11(m): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:

Do you even know who he is? You expect a former Grand Khadi of the Northern Region of Nigeria to be pro GEJ?

Can't money and oil block buy his sense of reasoning

Because money buys everything here in Nigeria
Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Mogidi: 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
Obinoscopy:
What about Jonathan? Should he heed the Imam's voice?

GEJ is not a muslim, he has no reason to listen to Imams.

10 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by courage54(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
For God so loved Nigeria that he spared the life of Gen. Buhari till 2015, so that who so ever desires progress and Votes for him may not regret but experience the true meaning of leadership where security, food, employment, zero corruption, transparency and infrastructural development prevails.
The number one problem facing Nigeria today is corruption! Fix corruption, and you fix Nigeria. Jonathan has only encouraged and promoted corruption. The ONLY person that is fearless and would ruthlessly cleans this country is General Mohammadu Buhari... Those who hate him have no idea why they do...he remains the most incorruptible ... Fearless... Patriotic and principled leadership figure remaining in Nigeria today. Nigeria may not be able to have the likes of Buhari in another 50years time.
Is only a fool that will continue to do things the same way and expect a different result, So Let's Make The Right Choice.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta
Sai Buhari

5 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by drnoel: 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
TribalEAST:

Pls state or quote anywhere in that write up that silently gave any kind of sentiment or was in favour to GEJ. Some people just amaze me with their mentality

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by firstolalekan(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
story story!
cast your vote wisely.

Click signature
Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Obinoscopy(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:

GEJ is not a muslim, he has no reason to listen to Imams.
lol

Bros this your sense no get part two grin

7 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:

yes, since FFK.
Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by A7(m): 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:

The grand khadi was his Dad, one of the reasons I respect the Gumi family is their bluntness in calling a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Mogidi: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
A7:

The grand khadi was his Dad, one of the reasons I respect the Gumi family is their bluntness in calling a spade a spade.

Thanks for correcting the error, it was not intentional.
Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:
by Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Oct 18, 2014

Bullshit, Mr.Sheik Imam Alhaji Gumi! Stop saying "Nigerians" when you describe the religious extremists and describe them for who they really are: Northerners and South Easterners. Western Nigeria (including the Edos) are religiously tolerant, that's gonna be the battleground in February and if that area rejects tribal and religious discrimination --- and APC matches PDP rigging for rigging--- GEJ is on his way to fleeing the country.

I really hope Buhari wins so that when the books are finally opened, and Nigerians see how many Trillions of Naira went into a few individuals' pockets maybe they'll be wiser with their votes next time than they were in 2011.

1 Like

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by AMvanquish: 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2014
Makes sense but this christian\muslim divide has always been there just that it has gotten worst in the Las 4 years thanks to you know who.

1 Like

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by JEITO: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hmm... lipsrsealed
Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by philantoxx(m): 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
its an opinion.which changes nufin
Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by skyeboy98(m): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
Politic,hmm game for the smart people,pls guys listen to this man very well he said no body has come to meet him bt in 2011 they were in his place,so who is behind this thing? I suspect atiku.gbam

1 Like

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by BrosPeter: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
This Iman is trying to stop Buhari from disgrace in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Omimah: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
Mogidi:
I'm sure you didn't even read this even though you are the OP. You're busy using a different colour where the cleric cautioned Buhari, and even bolded it. For your information, he cautioned both of them.
Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by IGBOSON1: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
These core-north Muslims think they're smart!

If Buhari likes he can step down for another candidate.....but GEJ stays! If nobody likes him taking advantage of his God-given right to vote and be voted for then they're free to emigrate, secede or take a hike!

I mean, what are we saying here; that the so-called nation of Nigeria isn't strong and cohesive enough to withstand one man seeking its highest office? GEJ is seeking to govern by the ballot and not by coup so where is the problem?

When i now tell you guys this country is a fuc/king joke, some will tell me to keep quiet!

4 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by jmoore(m): 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
Its only now the PDP and APC as political parties that can salvage Nigeria. The PDP should field any candidate other than Goodluck. His luck has expired. The APC should field any other candidate other than Buhari. His time has expired.

2 Likes

Re: B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) by Solowande(m): 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
TribalEAST:
reading won't cost u anything

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaknews:tinubu In Aso Rock To Negotiate With The Presidency / World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters With Billions In Foreign Banks / See The Latest List Of Top 10 Poorest States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.