Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON (12725 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / Nigeria Improves In FIFA World Ranking Without Going To 2015 AFCON / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:15am On Oct 19, 2014
Raw-to-the-bish, Rubbish!
Absolutely Rubbishky!
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by M4gunners: 6:22am On Oct 19, 2014
Morocco wen finish una madness, make una let us know o!
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Harmonyking: 6:32am On Oct 19, 2014
sureteeboy:
Morocco has denied that it had withdrawn hosting of the 2015 AFCON.
The North African country however insists that they still want the
tournament postponed, forcing a conflict with organisers.
The Confederation of African Football has maintained its stance that the
tournament, to be held between January 17 and February 8, must go
ahead as planned.
The ebola virus has claimed more than 4,000 lives since the start of the
year, and with around a million spectators expected to travel to watch
the tournament, Morocco sports minister Mohamed Ouzzine reiterated
the country’s desire to for a postponement.
“Our concern is the health of Africa, and based on WHO [World Health
Organisation] reports and guidelines, we have to listen,” he said.
“Zero safety does not exist, but one has to take the necessary precautions
so that the coming tournament will be a football feast, bringing together
our African brothers, but given the current ebola situation we don’t think
such a feast can take place as expected.

“I don’t think there is any state or any country that has the necessary
capabilities to monitor, check and control the current ebola situation
when faced with these numbers. This is our real problem. We don’t have
a problem with visiting teams, we have a problem with visitors.”

www.thenationonlineng.net/new/morocco-denies-pulling-out-as-hosts-of-2015-afcon/
if ℓ̊ hearsay dem pull out.dey dnt want2risk caf ban nd also lose out on D̶̲̥̅̊ financial nd economic gains
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by eunisam: 7:03am On Oct 19, 2014
I don't know what to beleive again
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by slimmingcare(f): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2014
I expected them to react
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by eleko1: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2014
sadBan over what?I'd prefer to be ban than to risk the lives of the innocent citizen/visitors.Common sense is the knack of doing the rite thing.
lonelydora:
Are they scared of ban? They have a good reason though. Fear of Ebola is the beginning of wisdom...

Possessing my possession (FTC) since 1904.
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by eleko1: 7:47am On Oct 19, 2014
sad sad sadPrevention is better than cure.What is the use of the financial gain/profits to what they'll eventually spend(God forbid)in case of emergency.They should dash SA cos they have insatiable lust of covetousness.If SA must host it,make dem first return the money oga Jona Carted go keep there first biko
coded01:
Morrocco don't want to lose its projected financial profits... grin

If I hear dem pull out... grin
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by abbccc(m): 8:09am On Oct 19, 2014
CAF with its politics.....they disagreed on shifting the date so as to frustrate Morocco and then pave way for other interested countries that have bribed them to host it.....PLS HEALTH MATTERS AND I DON'T SEE THE REASON WHY IT SHOULDN'T BE POSTPONED...

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Johnnoo(m): 8:11am On Oct 19, 2014
drsteroid:
But the real fact is that it wil really be very difficult to monitor people coming 4 d tournament,most especialy 4rm ebola endemic countries. Morroco is realy taking d rite step,hw I wish caf can give a listening ear to them.m morocco shud jus step dwn n let any oda country ready to host the tournament 2 do soi..I pray all this favors Nigeria qualification.
Chaiii...see as naija wan take qualify grin

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by jihday(m): 8:20am On Oct 19, 2014
Disclaimers everywhere, first heritage bank now Morocco. who is next to eat back his/her words

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 19, 2014
Dis morrocans r even more confused dan i totundecided

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by princemi(m): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2014
tijjanioyan:
Oga oo! So nobdy fit arrest dis ebola& release am after d tonament?FBI nko dem no fit?wot of dem CIA,Interpol,wot of our own gallant police?Even our spiritualists like dem all those pastors wey dey hala say dem get holy ghost fire/water wetin dem dey do?I don vex i go start training now na me go arrest dat ugly &pigheaded bobo wey talk say him name na Ebola
wen u do, make sure he doesnt escape else both u n d people around u r GUNNERS!
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Abbey2sam(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2014
I think Africans and the footballers should boycott this tournament
since CAF don't want to be reasonable

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by stinggy(m): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2014
South Africa might be the originator of that false news grin grin
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Zahara78(f): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2014
eleko1:
sad sad sadPrevention is better than cure.What is the use of the financial gain/profits to what they'll eventually spend(God forbid)in case of emergency.They should dash SA cos they have insatiable lust of covetousness.If SA must host it,make dem first return the money oga Jona Carted go keep there first biko

Nigeria must host this one ooo. Since they are the giant of Africa. Now it is the time for big brother to show how big he is. It is not by only mouth but by actions as well
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by tijjanioyan: 11:23am On Oct 19, 2014
princemi:
wen u do, make sure he doesnt escape else both u n d people around u r GUNNERS!
u neva know me d ARSENAL wey i go use hama am e dey kampe dan US's,UK's Russia's combined
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by eleko1: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2014
Wic yeye giant of Africa?Giant of Africa with epilepsy power supply.That we are able to contained Ebola is by Gods mercy.Make them postpone the event to summer
Zahara78:

Nigeria must host this one ooo. Since they are the giant of Africa. Now it is the time for big brother to show how big he is. It is not by only mouth but by actions as well
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by eleko1: 11:32am On Oct 19, 2014
Mixed feelings embarassed grin grin shocked
Zahara78:

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by eleko1: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2014
embarassedOdikwa! Risky
Zahara78:

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2014
Fear of Ebola is caused by sheep mentality
lonelydora:
Are they scared of ban? They have a good reason though. Fear of Ebola is the beginning of wisdom...

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Morrocco:
We never pulled out of hosting AFCON, we just refused to host it on the scheduled date

LOL

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Silensa(m): 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
am i the only one suspecting foul play from south Africa or WAHT?
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Truckpusher(m): 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
The fear of CAF...... grin

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by mpowa(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
They have a valid point, the easiest way for a deadly disease like a Ebola can spread is through a major African event like Afcon, the developed world, Europe and America are still struggling with containing it, how much more poor Africa

2 Likes

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by namuguibe(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
lonelydora:
GenBuhari:
Fear of Ebola is caused by sheep mentality
@lonelydora That's true, because denying the existence of Ebola is ignorance and blissful ignorance is even more dangerous than Ebola!!

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
Not verifying what you are told is called sheep mentality.

The white man who committed genocide against you and refused to apologise, is telling you that all deadly diseases in the world is happening to you and he is planning drugs for you to take. Yet your trust he is telling you the truth?

Africa's epidemic is sheep mentality. There is no Ebola.
namuguibe:

@lonelydora That's true, because denying the existence of Ebola is ignorance and blissful ignorance is even more dangerous than Ebola!!

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by namuguibe(m): 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
GenBuhari:
Not verifying what you are told is called sheep mentality.

The white man who committed genocide against you and refused to apologise, is telling you that all deadly diseases in the world is happening to you and he is planning drugs for you to take. Yet your trust he is telling you the truth?

Africa's epidemic is sheep mentality. There is no Ebola.
(The above bolded is the definition of ignorance)
It has already been verified, years ago. Refusing to accept the verification is where the ignorance comes into play. We are beyond the verification stage, instead what the affected countries need is a solid plan on how to contain and eventually prevent the reoccurrence of Ebola. They also need financial and logistical support from the international community.
Some people are stuck in 2 centuries ago waiting for an "apology" while the rest of us (and this includes Chinese, Indians etc) are working hard and being productive and so the "white man" is coming back in earnest to form bilateral business relationships.
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ebola is a hoax!

Not personally verifying for yourself whether Ebola is real or not is a result of sheep mentality that could lead you to your death.

If you have ears let yourself hear.
namuguibe:

It has already been verified, years ago. Refusing to accept the verification is where the ignorance comes into play. We are beyond the verification stage, instead what the affected countries need is a solid plan on how to contain and eventually prevent the reoccurrence of Ebola. They also need financial and logistical support from the international community.
Some people are stuck in 2 centuries ago waiting for an "apology" while the rest of us (and this includes Chinese, Indians etc) are working hard and being productive and so the "white man" is coming back in earnest to form bilateral business relationships.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by namuguibe(m): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
GenBuhari:
Ebola is a hoax!

Not personally verifying for yourself whether Ebola is real or not is a result of sheep mentality that could lead you to your death.

If you have ears let yourself hear.
Okay, Have you personally been to the moon to verify that it exists? Have you personally met the real (and intelligent) General Buhari to also verify that he actually exists??

The spread of Ebola can be exponential.
Unfortunately, the manifestation of ignorance can also be equally exponential.
Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by Goke7: 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
Morocco cannot eat their cake and have it, the nations cup is already on FIFA calendar for next year at the date specified, where did they want to Caf to postpone the date to? is not their fault anyway its because most african countries don't have standard facilities and the political stability [e.g. Nigeria] to host games of that nature, if not we should have at least four countries now on stand by.

The Moroccans to me are just lazy, the location of that nation on the continent makes it difficult for people to easily enter thru their borders like in most west african countries, everyone going to morocco can only go there by air and its just for them to screen people at the airport chikena, all the countries they share borders with have no outbreak of the disease so what's their problem?

abeg make we hear word jor, if they like they can suspend themselves from fifa because of ebola

1 Like

Re: Morocco Denies Pulling Out As Hosts Of 2015 AFCON by 14(m): 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Zahara78:

True talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshoala In Running For 5th Award As CAF Releases Shortlist. / Chess In Yoruba Language (Ayoo Seesi Ni Ede Y'ooba) By Jawolusi Oluwaseun / Sebastian Osigwe Tests Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.