Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing (3331 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
20 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing
Among pastors there is a terrible abuse of using law tithing to place the church back under the condemnation of the law. This must be stopped (Titus 1:11). Jesus taught the church of Paul’s dispensation a better way of giving without the law.
Below are some reasons you should stop law tithing.

1. We are not under the law of tithing
Tithing was part of the law. We are no longer under it. (Rom 6:14)
The law of tithing is weak
A required tithe does not change the heart or the action. (Mat 23:23, Gal 4:9, Rom 8:3)
The law tithe is beggarly
2. Law tithing always requests more. It is not a gift. It is merely fulfilling an obligation (Gal 4:9)
3. The church is not God’s covenant people
The old and new covenants were made with Israel and Judah and so the requirements were never intended for Gentiles (Heb 8:cool. Gentiles could be blessed by honoring Israel, and worshipping Israel’s God.
4. There is no Levitical priesthood today
The most popular tithe today is the tithe that went to the Levitical priesthood (Num 18:21). There is no Levitical priesthood today.
The pastor does not replace the priest
Preachers and teachers in the body of Christ church are not priests. Christ is the only mediator (1 Tim 2:5).
5. We do not inherit Israel’s land
The tithe given to the Levites was because they had no land inheritance (Numbers 18:21).
6. There are no more temple sacrifices
Since Christ paid it all there is no need to pay (tithe) someone else to do this service.
The local church does not replace the temple
Know ye not that you are the temple of God not your building! ( 1 Cor 3:16)
7. The church does not observe required feast day celebrations
It was three times a year in Deut 16:16. At certain feast days is where the tithes would be offered. One tithe even allowed you to stay home and spend it on what you desired (Deut 14:26).
8. Law tithing requirements were greater than 10 percent
Deut 14:28 is one example of the tithe on the increase every 3 years that was above the regular Levitical tithe. There are other required offerings also according to Mal 3:9.
Physical blessings are no longer granted
9. The law tithe taught physical blessings to Israel from God for tithing (Mal 3:10). Without a covenant with God, a priesthood, a promise, or a temple tithing for profit will not work.
10. Christ has given the church all spiritual blessings
Those blessings are in heavenly places in Christ (Eph 1:3)
God provides all our needs without tithing
Phil 4:19 says your needs are supplied according to his riches in glory in Christ. What you need is not physical it is spiritual.
11. Law tithing obligates the doer to the entire law – Gal 5:3, James 2:10
12. Peace with God is attained without tithing - Romans 5:1
13. We work to provide for our needs in this dispensation
Paul makes it clear that if we don’t work we don’t eat (2 Thess 3:10). Mat 6:11 and Mal 3:10 are not effective today. If we do not provide for our own today we are “worse than an infidel (1 Tim 5:cool
14.The tithe was required
Giving today is not “of necessity” (2 Cor 9:7). This is an important distinction between generosity and obligation.
15. The law tithe places you under a curse
If you do not continue tithing then you can be cursed (Gal 3:10)
Christ has redeemed you from the law of tithing
16. Law tithing represents ignorance or negligence of Christ’s cross (Gal 3:13, 1 Cor 1:17, Gal 2:21).
“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. ” – Gal 2:21

Editor’s note:
This resource is not intended to dissuade giving generously to the Lord’s causes. God loves generosity as a reflection of your thanksgiving to Him. While this resource explains why Paul’s doctrine teaches you to stop law tithing, God does not teach lesser generosity.
“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” – 2 Cor 9:7

Source: http://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/law/reasons-to-stop-tithing

3 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by experimentist: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
Month don end o
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by brocab: 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
Can anyone Amazon. If one said: to the church we don't have to tithe any more, can anyone picture it? Many would be over excited if we say the requirements to tithe is not for the church, many will say the church will go "broke" in a week if people are told that they don't have to tithe. I would remind them, telling them the churches that God wants to exist would continue to be supported by freewill offerings of the people. God said: Seek my Kingdom and my Righteousness and all these things will be added to you. If a church will preach and teach God's truth and not man's tradition then she will "never" lack for the monies she needs. Churches today exist because they have convinced many to tithe, when in reality the church itself is not teaching the truths of the bible. For many pastors, it is easier to teach people to tithe, than to be holy people of God who would then give from their hearts, because of their deep love they have for their savior... Can you Amazon, pastor's and preachers running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Not knowing what's next? Some will try that old system picking up the bible trying to bring the church in order-twisting verses like the old days so one can have full control again. Those who preach on the tithing messages for the gain of monies. will surely be left behind with their followers who believe. You Tithers who tithe. listen to the spirit of God, don't be fooled the truth will set you free.
PastorKun:
20 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing
Among pastors there is a terrible abuse of using law tithing to place the church back under the condemnation of the law. This must be stopped (Titus 1:11). Jesus taught the church of Paul’s dispensation a better way of giving without the law.
Below are some reasons you should stop law tithing.
DOWNLOAD THIS LIST: PDF
We are not under the law of tithing
Tithing was part of the law. We are no longer under it. (Rom 6:14)
The law of tithing is weak
A required tithe does not change the heart or the action. (Mat 23:23, Gal 4:9, Rom 8:3)
The law tithe is beggarly
Law tithing always requests more. It is not a gift. It is merely fulfilling an obligation (Gal 4:9)
The church is not God’s covenant people
The old and new covenants were made with Israel and Judah and so the requirements were never intended for Gentiles (Heb 8:cool. Gentiles could be blessed by honoring Israel, and worshipping Israel’s God.
There is no Levitical priesthood today
The most popular tithe today is the tithe that went to the Levitical priesthood (Num 18:21). There is no Levitical priesthood today.
The pastor does not replace the priest
Preachers and teachers in the body of Christ church are not priests. Christ is the only mediator (1 Tim 2:5).
We do not inherit Israel’s land
The tithe given to the Levites was because they had no land inheritance (Numbers 18:21).
There are no more temple sacrifices
Since Christ paid it all there is no need to pay (tithe) someone else to do this service.
The local church does not replace the temple
Know ye not that you are the temple of God not your building! ( 1 Cor 3:16)
The church does not observe required feast day celebrations
It was three times a year in Deut 16:16. At certain feast days is where the tithes would be offered. One tithe even allowed you to stay home and spend it on what you desired (Deut 14:26).
Law tithing requirements were greater than 10 percent
Deut 14:28 is one example of the tithe on the increase every 3 years that was above the regular Levitical tithe. There are other required offerings also according to Mal 3:9.
Physical blessings are no longer granted
The law tithe taught physical blessings to Israel from God for tithing (Mal 3:10). Without a covenant with God, a priesthood, a promise, or a temple tithing for profit will not work.
Christ has given the church all spiritual blessings
Those blessings are in heavenly places in Christ (Eph 1:3)
God provides all our needs without tithing
Phil 4:19 says your needs are supplied according to his riches in glory in Christ. What you need is not physical it is spiritual.
Law tithing obligates the doer to the entire law – Gal 5:3, James 2:10
Peace with God is attained without tithing - Romans 5:1
We work to provide for our needs in this dispensation
Paul makes it clear that if we don’t work we don’t eat (2 Thess 3:10). Mat 6:11 and Mal 3:10 are not effective today. If we do not provide for our own today we are “worse than an infidel (1 Tim 5:cool
The tithe was required
Giving today is not “of necessity” (2 Cor 9:7). This is an important distinction between generosity and obligation.
The law tithe places you under a curse
If you do not continue tithing then you can be cursed (Gal 3:10)
Christ has redeemed you from the law of tithing
Law tithing represents ignorance or negligence of Christ’s cross (Gal 3:13, 1 Cor 1:17, Gal 2:21).
“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. ” – Gal 2:21

Editor’s note:
This resource is not intended to dissuade giving generously to the Lord’s causes. God loves generosity as a reflection of your thanksgiving to Him. While this resource explains why Paul’s doctrine teaches you to stop law tithing, God does not teach lesser generosity.
“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” – 2 Cor 9:7

Source: http://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/law/reasons-to-stop-tithing
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by kennyjubris: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
No bases. No meaning. Pls ask God to teach you the bible

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2014
kennyjubris:
No bases. No meaning. Pls ask God to teach you the bible

Meaning
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Ukutsgp(m): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2014
Front page tins
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Ukutsgp(m): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2014
Abraham, Jacob payed tithe. Paul taught about tithe in Hebrew 7.
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by torchwave: 11:33am On Oct 19, 2014
Some topics in nairaland never die no matter how many times you bury them.

To tithe or not to tithe...this two positions will never lack supporters or proponents and opponents...till Christ returns.

If you're led, through personal conviction in the Word, to tithe, let nothing stop you.

If you feel your tithe enriches your pastor to your disadvantage, you can keep it.

There's one thing I'm sure of, I shall never be found among the group of non-tithers.

Why risk eternal damnation on the ground of tithing? A paltry reason to be disqualified from attaining paradise after death.

In case you don't know, non-tithers are thieves, literally....and no thief shall enter the kingdom of God.

The disadvantages of non-tithing far outweigh that of tithing.

Think about that.

5 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by ojimbo(m): 11:52am On Oct 19, 2014
experimentist:
Month don end o
dem dey collect am every day oooooo no be only month end
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Minlax(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
I love it when people can defend their opinions with the scriptures but I also hate it when people make a bold statement to swallow up the gullible. If you are a professional you would understand that every law/principle if applied would always yield results, you can only prove the law of gravity wrong by not breaking yourself when you lift from the ground. TITHING is a principle which is not my business if you chose not to obey but its dividends are ever manifest. Even before Malachi's account, that of Abraham was there, now Christ is the head of the body and anyone who belongs to that body is under the head. Use a Tape and measure your body, your head is one tenth of your whole body. Christ came to fulfill the law, Matt. 5:17

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by experimentist: 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
ojimbo:
dem dey collect am every day oooooo no be only month end
wow!
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by JIL(m): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
torchwave:

To tithe or not to tithe...this two positions will never lack supporters or proponents and opponents...till Christ returns.

If you're led, through personal conviction in the Word, to tithe, let nothing stop you.

If you feel your tithe enriches your pastor to your disadvantage, you can keep it.

There's one thing I'm sure of, I shall never be found among the group of non-tithers.

Why risk eternal damnation on the ground of tithing? A paltry reason to be disqualified from attaining paradise after death.

In case you don't know, non-tithers are thieves, literally....and no thief shall enter the kingdom of God.

Think about that.

By your submission, you practically redefined John 3:16 to

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him pays "Him" 10% of their monthly income through his earthly representatives should not perish, but have everlasting life.

How does that sound to you?

5 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ukutsgp:
Abraham, Jacob payed tithe. Paul taught about tithe in Hebrew 7.

This is how people twist scriptures Point of correction Abraham gave a tithe(not paid), Jacob made a conditional promise to tithe, we are not told if he ever did and paul NEVER taught about tithe in Hebrew 7 he only made a reference to it and ended up describing it as a weak, useless and unprofitable practise.

3 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by brocab: 1:09am On Oct 21, 2014
We are no longer under Moses laws, But Christ we follow. It is written in Matthew 17-24, Those collecting the temple taxes, came up to Peter and said, does not your teacher pay the temple tax, Peter said yes, after walking into the house, Jesus said to Peter, tell me, What do you think Simon? From whom do the Kings of the earth, take customs or taxes, from their own sons or from strangers? Peter said from strangers," Jesus said to him, "Then the sons are free..That is so clear, to understand, we are no longer under the tithing law. Jesus then said, we don't want to offend them, go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first. And when you have opened its mouth, you will find a piece of money, take that and give it to them. Jesus had no monies of his own, but sent Peter to collect, the coin. As you can read Jesus didn't want to offend the tax collectors. The old testament law was under custom, that is a tithe, paid as the temple tax.
Minlax:
I love it when people can defend their opinions with the scriptures but I also hate it when people make a bold statement to swallow up the gullible. If you are a professional you would understand that every law/principle if applied would always yield results, you can only prove the law of gravity wrong by not breaking yourself when you lift from the ground. TITHING is a principle which is not my business if you chose not to obey but its dividends are ever manifest. Even before Malachi's account, that of Abraham was there, now Christ is the head of the body and anyone who belongs to that body is under the head. Use a Tape and measure your body, your head is one tenth of your whole body. Christ came to fulfill the law, Matt. 5:17
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by vooks: 6:02am On Oct 21, 2014
Classic scare tactics calculated to rob you.
What if you die and discovered that menstruating women were not supposed to go to church and as such you are eternally condemned for defiling the House of God?

What if you find no uncircumcised people in heaven and are condemned on account of your foreskin?

torchwave:

Think about that.[/i]

2 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:28am On Oct 21, 2014
@OP I think Matt 23:23 answers you much.. When Jesus was talkin' to the scribes and the pharisees he said they had done one and left the others (Weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy and faith KJV)... This does tell a lot...just let the spirit guide you..
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 7:49am On Oct 21, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:
@OP I think Matt 23:23 answers you much.. When Jesus was talkin' to the scribes and the pharisees he said they had done one and left the others (Weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy and faith KJV)... This does tell a lot...just let the spirit guide you..

Jesus was addressing those under the law in Matt 23:23 and he was speaking according to the law. The bible makes it crystal clear that christians are NOT under the law and even tells us that Christians who are trying to keep parts of the are placing themselves under a curse. (Galatians 5:4)

2 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
torchwave:

Think about that.
May God bless you and give you more understanding.

I always pay my tithe with Joy out of the abundance the Lord has given me.
I even feel 10 percent is too small for my God, the provider of the resource (El-shadai).
Paying my tithe has not impoverished me. Afterall, all that I needed, He has provided.

If my loss is Gods gain, then I am satisfied.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
@op I've been following your comments for a while an it reeks of hatred for pentecostalism.
The spontaneity at which you rush to condemn pastors especially is alarming.

Irrespective of your denomination, there are bad eggs everywhere.
I challenge you to name your denomination

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Ukutsgp(m): 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
PastorKun:

This is how people twist scriptures Point of correction Abraham gave a tithe(not paid), Jacob made a conditional promise to tithe, we are not told if he ever did and paul NEVER taught about tithe in Hebrew 7 he only made a reference to it and ended up describing it as a weak, useless and unprofitable practise.
take it easy. It is just an interview.
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Ukutsgp(m): 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
torchwave:

Think about that.
what if u finds out that tithing is not supposed to be done by christians as it is under the law and u are cast into hell for paying tithe? And as u cannot fulfil all the requirements of the law?

3 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ukutsgp:
what if u finds out that tithing is not supposed to be done by christians as it is under the law and u are cast into hell for paying tithe? And as u cannot fulfil all the requirements of the law?

Payment of tithe, is it a good deed or an evil deed?
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Trailblazer1:
@op I've been following your comments for a while an it reeks of hatred for pentecostalism.
The spontaneity at which you rush to condemn pastors especially is alarming.

Irrespective of your denomination, there are bad eggs everywhere.
I challenge you to name your denomination

That's because most pentecostal churches preach false man made doctrines designed to enrich themselves. That said, denominations don't matter. I owe no allegiance to any denomination, my allegiance is strictly to Christ and his wonderful gospel.
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Ukutsgp(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
Trailblazer1:

the question is nt whether it is a good deed but if the practice is consistence with scriptures. those who pay tithe are under the mosaic law and not grace.
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Ukutsgp(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
PastorKun:

That's because most pentecostal churches preach false man made doctrines designed to enrich themselves. That said, denominations don't matter. I owe no allegiance to any denomination, my allegiance is strictly to Christ and his wonderful gospel.
I beg to disagree with your use of the word 'most'. I admit that some churches are purely satanic and some are preaching false doctrines. If there is bad, then there is good.
I don't know your definition of preaching false man made doctrine.
Saying you owe no allegiance to any denomination sounds interesting, please where did you worship on Sunday?

Let's start from there.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ukutsgp:
the question is nt whether it is a good deed but if the practice is consistence with scriptures. those who pay tithe are under the mosaic law and not grace.
I put the question to you again:

Give me a straight answer pls.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by BodyKiss(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
torchwave:

Think about that.

Your ignorance is overly annoying.

3 Likes

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Ukutsgp(m): 11:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
Trailblazer1:

I put the question to you again:

Give me a straight answer pls.
show me one person that payed tithe first in the new testament. Who asked u to tithe? U see u are displaying disobedience by doing what u are nt asked to do.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 6:13am On Oct 22, 2014
Trailblazer1:

I beg to disagree with your use of the word 'most'. I admit that some churches are purely satanic and some are preaching false doctrines. If there is bad, then there is good.
I don't know your definition of preaching false man made doctrine.
Saying you owe no allegiance to any denomination sounds interesting, please where did you worship on Sunday?

Let's start from there.

My worship of God is not restricted to a day of the week, location or denomination. I worship God in spirit and in truth.
Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 8:05am On Oct 22, 2014
PastorKun:

My worship of God is not restricted to a day of the week, location or denomination. I worship God in spirit and in truth.
Interesting, where was the last place of worship you visited?

1 Like

Re: Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing by Trailblazer1(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2014
Ukutsgp:
show me one person that payed tithe first in the new testament. Who asked u to tithe? U see u are displaying disobedience by doing what u are nt asked to do.

I put it to you that you don't know the meaning of the word 'disobedience' . How does doing what you are not asked to do amount to disobedience?
It seems you can't answer my simple question: payment of tithe, is it a good deed or an evil deed?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will Atheist Go To Hell / Therationa, Who Created You, God Or By Evolution. / Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.