Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

....... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ....... (3443 Views)

Why Are There Many Fx35 On Sale? / Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? / Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

....... by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
Re: ....... by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
Your inputs will be gladly appreciated
Re: ....... by ivoryhouse(m): 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
Have the car scanned, bring the codes here for analysis
Re: ....... by mayor2013: 11:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
Scan the ride
Re: ....... by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 19, 2014
I beg to differ in my opinion. Take that car back to where it was sold get a bunch of soldiers with you and a lawyer too. The dealer or seller should explain why he sold you a defective product.
Re: ....... by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:33am On Oct 19, 2014
eddiebruk:
Please I need your advice, I just got an fx35 and I think I am having problems already, the gear reduces itself while I am on speed, is this normal with FX or am I having problems already with my gearbox?

How long? 1month? 2months? 1year? What is your repair history? Have you ever had the car scanned? There's a lot of information missing.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

How long? 1month? 2months? 1year? What is your repair history? Have you ever had the car scanned? There's a lot of information missing.

Less than 3 weeks, and it has not been scanned or repaired before, I only did servicing and also added gearbox oil, when the oil was drained out it was discovered that it has a burning smell
Re: ....... by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
eddiebruk:

Less than 3 weeks, and it has not been scanned or repaired before, I only did servicing and also added gearbox oil, when the oil was drained out it was discovered that it has a burning smell

Let's get to the root of this. Why was the gearbox oil changed, what type of oil did you put into the gearbox?
Re: ....... by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
lomomike:

Let's get to the root of this. Why was the gearbox oil changed, what type of oil did you put into the gearbox?

It was changed because i just bought the car and wanted to do a general servicing, it was done by total so they used of of theirs
Re: ....... by chukel(m): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
eddiebruk:

It was changed because i just bought the car and wanted to do a general servicing, it was done by total so they used of of theirs
I de vex for u seriously. If others make dis yeye mistake, even u go follow. I remember when u wia asking y dia are so many fx35 for sale. People contributed meaningfully just before u bought yours. Someone mentioned using wrong transmission oil and dia was argument bout cvt. I'm sure u caused this problem by putting wrong transmission oil. Better run to Ur car manual now nd do the correct tin b4 dis turns to a nightmare.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
eddiebruk:

Go to that same service station, ask them what specific oil they used. Take pictures and upload. It seems we're about to start a long process.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
lomomike:

Go to that same service station, ask them what specific oil they used. Take pictures and upload. It seems we're about to start a long process.

It was done in Lagos, I am already in Delta
Re: ....... by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
eddiebruk:

It was done in Lagos, I am already in Delta

I feel they used a wrong oil. What year model is your FX35?
Re: ....... by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
lomomike:

I feel they used a wrong oil. What year model is your FX35?

2005 fx35
Re: ....... by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
eddiebruk:

What oil did you use? Specific name required.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

What oil did you use? Specific name required.

Honestly I wasn't sure cause I thought Total would do the right thing
Re: ....... by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
eddiebruk:

Honestly I wasn't sure cause I thought Total would do the right thing

Lomomike can u see?

My brother drain that oil and put the specific oil designed for your vehicle total messed up you transmission and I'm 99% sure of it.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Lomomike can u see?

My brother drain that oil and put the specific oil designed for your vehicle total messed up you transmission and I'm 99% sure of it.

What is the recommended oil please?
Re: ....... by camaro(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
Experts in the house, I don't think its too late to help him out. If nisspart is still available, he will have a good suggestion to give. My humble advice is that you avoid driving the car so that the correction would be made and also avoid more damage.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
eddiebruk:

when the oil was drained out it was discovered that it has a burning smell
You mean that was what they made you to understand? To justify the need to add their oil. Anyway you need Nissan Matic J transmission fluid.
Re: ....... by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
eddiebruk:
Please I need your advice, I just got an fx35 and I think I am having problems already, the gear reduces itself while I am on speed, is this normal with FX or am I having problems already with my gearbox?

explain again what do you mean the gear reduces itself
Re: ....... by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

explain again what do you mean the gear reduces itself

When I am on top speed, the acceleration drops down, and picks up again after about 10 to 15 seconds
Re: ....... by bravolad(m): 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
Another case of an ignorant car owner who does not read his car manual and depends on roadside mechanics for basic maintenance information. I strongly doubt he would be able to keep this vehicle going for the next one year.

First thing you need to do is to look up the required ATF using your transmission dipstick. Then, drain the fluid and replace with the recommended type. Drive and observe, if symptoms persist, run a scan.

But I suspect op would not adhere to advice coming from this forum.
Re: ....... by sultaan(m): 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
Op

you bought you FX on the 13th, by the 18th hell is breaking loose.

Like it was mentioned they could have put gear oil in the transmission.

Earlier this year I was in Nigeria and I decided to go to a couple of oil sellers and gas station to see what type of fluid were on the market so I can get a better understanding of what people complain about here.

I found that 100% of the engine and transmission fluid is not recommended for any car made in the 90s unless heavy duty Merz and some Lions.
All US used toks use 5w30-10w30 in the 90s by 2000 it was 5w30-5w20.

Almost all the transmission fluids were Dex-II(mainly used in the 80's in the 90s some used Dex-III and most used different type afterwards.

If you have the money to buy FX cash you are not suppose to be that person Iceman mentioned in that thread Post #28

Always read your owners manual, download it and get the fluids they recommend.

You have access to information but still defer to roadside mechanics who don't know what you are driving(I mean they don't know)

Different models come with different transmissions which requires a different fluid which even changes over the years.

Find the right quantity of fluid and try it, but you also have to do that at least 3 times after driving about 19 miles between changes so you can flush out all the bad oils they added. If you think getting original parts is expensive try wrong parts.

That speed thing could be your trans slipping.
Re: ....... by webmaster3: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
hmmm
Re: ....... by 9icetoo(m): 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
Op, your transmission is slipping. If you continue driving it this way, it will get worse and you may start losing other gears as well. Not much damage has been done already. You can still rescue this transmission if you will agree to what a lot of people have mentioned here and i will summarize.
1. Park that car and do not drive it again.
2. Go online and find out the recommended transmission oil for your car and buy it from any reputable dealer. You can contact nissparts here for that.
3. Do at least two flushes to get rid of the old transmission oil the geniuses at Total filled in for you. Do not be cheap on this flush twice. This means draining the current fluid, pouring the correct fluid and driving around for about ten miles. Drain again and repeat the process. Then refill again. The last refill shouldn't be too contaminated and should be okay by now
4. Drive the car around and check if your gear still slips.
5. If it still does, then you might need more professional help.

Service stations can hardly stock recommended engine oils not to talk of transmission oils.
Re: ....... by icemann(m): 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
sultaan:
Op
you bought you FX on the 13th, by the 18th hell is breaking loose.
Like it was mentioned they could have put gear oil in the transmission.
Earlier this year I was in Nigeria and I decided to go to a couple of oil sellers and gas station to see what type of fluid were on the market so I can get a better understanding of what people complain about here.
I found that 100% of the engine and transmission fluid is not recommended for any car made in the 90s unless heavy duty Merz and some Lions.
All US used toks use 5w30-10w30 in the 90s by 2000 it was 5w30-5w20.
Almost all the transmission fluids were Dex-II(mainly used in the 80's in the 90s some used Dex-III and most used different type afterwards.
If you have the money to buy FX cash you are not suppose to be that person Iceman mentioned in that thread Post #28
Always read your owners manual, download it and get the fluids they recommend.
You have access to information but still defer to roadside mechanics who don't know what you are driving(I mean they don't know)
Different models come with different transmissions which requires a different fluid which even changes over the years.
Find the right quantity of fluid and try it, but you also have to do that at least 3 times after driving about 19 miles between changes so you can flush out all the bad oils they added. If you think getting original parts is expensive try wrong parts.
That speed thing could be your trans slipping.

Oga i tire for the guy, The cost of a new transmission is probably 100x more expensive than the cheap fluid he used.

You are suppose to use Nissan Matic-S Automatic Transmission Fluid.

People here are giving free consultation and some people chose to ignore this free service and go o some quack mechs who rips them off. Like they say "The drug dealer makes his money on the comeback".
Re: ....... by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
icemann:

You are suppose to use Nissan Matic-S Automatic Transmission Fluid.
Yes, either Matic J or S is permissible, though S is strictly for 7speed which the FX35 is not. The Matic J, I believe, is more easily accessible.

1 Like

Re: ....... by oshonelly: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
Gear box oil is non serviceable until it maybe leaks or needs change. The only things to service in an fx35 is the engine oil in which total is better, brake fluid (the blue liquid type), brake pads, and any other stuffs not working well, gear box oil doesnt wear out that easily except there is obviously a problem. Quickly drain out the gear box oil and check ebay or amazon for NISSAN gearbox/ CVT oil, but before you do that check the cover lid of the gear box tank for specification of the type of NISSAN cvt to buy. Dont buy any other cvt other than NISSAN matic J. Here's a link of what it looks like http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Nissan-Automatikgetriebe-Fluid-AT-Matic-J-Fluid-1L-OE-KE908-99932-/331805220379?hash=item4d4121de1b:g:PacAAOSwZQxW6o1k
Re: ....... by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
oshonelly:
Gear box oil is non serviceable until it maybe leaks or needs change...gear box oil doesnt wear out that easily except there is obviously a problem. Quickly drain out the gear box oil and check ebay or amazon for NISSAN gearbox/ CVT oil, but before you do that check the cover lid of the gear box tank for specification of the type of NISSAN cvt to buy. Dont buy any other cvt other than NISSAN matic J.
A whole lot of confusion.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Does FX35 use CVT?
Re: ....... by Readonee35L(m): 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fx35 has a 5s auto not cvt

Murano uses cvt not fx

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? / Lexus RX 330 Vs Lexus RX 350 Comparison Review / Toyota Highlander SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.