Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences (29265 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! / Nigerian Tailors And Their Wahala! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by donmalcolm21(m): 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
I'm a cloth designer and I knew the kind of professional discipline I instilled in my tailors. Call me to book for your corporate shirts, suits and natives.08053200931. Plz be professional with any conversation you will like to initiate with me.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Damilorlah(m): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2014
U can't give what u don't have. I'm a designer myself , familiar with tailors yet, if there's one thing i can say it's BULK OF US ARE QUACK! Regardless of how this might sound , i wonder what it's u expect from someone with say 6-18 months of apprentice as a tailor, or better still, those whose sole purpose for dabbling in this profession in basically to earn some dough to feed,or perhaps, tailors that couldn't cut on his own neck something befitting that justifies his profession. Personally, d blame belongs to u pples, in an attempt to save cost,u give ur clothes to quacks in d name of tailor and u expect result, i pity u. I often wonder if pple are blind that they couldn't desipier btw quack and profession and give clothes to any tom dick and harry. Bottom line- good tailors are XPENSIVE! Yes, u're tired of been disappointed, get urself a good tailor.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
fridayj:
Honestly diz people tell lies....aftr them comes d Carpenters,.,,, ,,. cool
true! Also included are: mechanics, electricians, plumbers, drivers.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 10:24pm On Oct 20, 2014
Damilorlah:
U can't give what u don't have. I'm a designer myself , familiar with tailors yet, if there's one thing i can say it's BULK OF US ARE QUACK! Regardless of how this might sound , i wonder what it's u expect from someone with say 6-18 months of apprentice as a tailor, or better still, those whose sole purpose for dabbling in this profession in basically to earn some dough to feed,or perhaps, tailors that couldn't cut on his own neck something befitting that justifies his profession. Personally, d blame belongs to u pples, in an attempt to save cost,u give ur clothes to quacks in d name of tailor and u expect result, i pity u. I often wonder if pple are blind that they couldn't desipier btw quack and profession and give clothes to any tom dick and harry. Bottom line- good tailors are XPENSIVE! Yes, u're tired of been disappointed, get urself a good tailor.

d expensive ones also disappoint

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
lalasticlala:

good point my dear.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by AnnieD: 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
I hate tailors,that's why I want to learn how to sew my own clothes, I gave a tailor some materials.. Not just one.. Picked the styles that I wanted happily.. She took my measurements.. She wasn't pregnant when she did.. But by the time it got to the last straw and I matched to collect the clothes ready or not, he baby was already WALKING!!.. She didn't sew all.. And the ones she did were horrible.. I think I cried.... Lol
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by AnnieD: 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
BTW.. I hope I can trust again.. I need to sew clothes.. If there's any affordable and reliable tailor around akoka or unilag
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Christeety: 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hmmn...Mine happened recently.
A colleague of mine was having his wedding ceremony outside Lagos...Ekiti state 2 be precise. From d very first day i was informed about the wedding..i had envisaged ow i was going 2 look Superb nd HOT(Girl's stuff).
In order 2 accomplish that, i soughted out 4 a modern nd trendy tailor. My friend finally introduced me to a tailor. She boasted of how the tailor will give you a figure 8 shape even if ur body shape ain't that. I was soo happy, omo at last. Won maa gba...dem go hear whinn. Ekiti go shake. Infact, all my colleagues esp.d males dem go GBAA.
To cut the long story short, i went with my friend to the Tailor's place. I checked various magazines nd thereafter settled for a (Hot/Sexy) style. After much bargaining, we agreed at a fee, of which i made a part-payment. I thereafter informed the woman that i will be travelling on Friday 2 Ekiti 4 d wedding. Nd also pleaded with her not to disappoint. Hmmn...*Flashback*. She was so confident that day sha...telling my friend that i do not know her worth. Mtchew.
Fast forward...i called her occassionally 2 ask how far she had gone with the cloth..she alwaz gave me positive answer. I told her that i would be coming during the week 2 pick up the cloth. She however pleaded that i should come on Thursday evening since i wud be taking off on Friday.
Friday Morning..i got 2 her shop. Upon seeing me, sweat started oozing out of her body.
Madam Tailor where's my cloth. Nd she was like ehm ehm.
Ehm wat?. She asked me if was already on my way 2 Ekiti. B4 Nko wat a silly question..Mtschew
I noticed how tensed she was, nd asked if she hadn't finished up. She said Yes. So i was like No P, i will wait while you do the finishing touchn.
Na that time Yawa gass o.
Pls where's my cloth, let me take a look at how far you have gone. Guess wat. The Tailor didn't not even cut the material moreless Sowing it.
Ahh, my head was spining. I was speechless. My brain was booting. It was like dream.
After all d paparazzi. I don make mouth die. I had everything planned out.
I just got out of the shop...nd headed straight home. Didn't even say a word 2 her.
Immediately i got home, i told my friend. nd she was like i bleeped up, i should have collected d material nd my part-payt. But my head wasn't booting well that time. Tears sef don gather full my eyes.
I can't forget that day.
Moral Lesson: Always have a Plan B.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 11:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
Christeety:
Hmmn...Mine happened recently.
A colleague of mine was having his wedding ceremony outside Lagos...Ekiti state 2 be precise. From d very first day i was informed about the wedding..i had envisaged ow i was going 2 look Superb nd HOT(Girl's stuff).
In order 2 accomplish that, i soughted out 4 a modern nd trendy tailor. My friend finally introduced me to a tailor. She boasted of how the tailor will give you a figure 8 shape even if ur body shape ain't that. I was soo happy, omo at last. Won maa gba...dem go hear whinn. Ekiti go shake. Infact, all my colleagues esp.d males dem go GBAA.
To cut the long story short, i went with my friend to the Tailor's place. I checked various magazines nd thereafter settled for a (Hot/Sexy) style. After much bargaining, we agreed at a fee, of which i made a part-payment. I thereafter informed the woman that i will be travelling on Friday 2 Ekiti 4 d wedding. Nd also pleaded with her not to disappoint. Hmmn...*Flashback*. She was so confident that day sha...telling my friend that i do not know her worth. Mtchew.
Fast forward...i called her occassionally 2 ask how far she had gone with the cloth..she alwaz gave me positive answer. I told her that i would be coming during the week 2 pick up the cloth. She however pleaded that i should come on Thursday evening since i wud be taking off on Friday.
Friday Morning..i got 2 her shop. Upon seeing me, sweat started oozing out of her body.
Madam Tailor where's my cloth. Nd she was like ehm ehm.
Ehm wat?. She asked me if was already on my way 2 Ekiti. B4 Nko wat a silly question..Mtschew
I noticed how tensed she was, nd asked if she hadn't finished up. She said Yes. So i was like No P, i will wait while you do the finishing touchn.
Na that time Yawa gass o.
Pls where's my cloth, let me take a look at how far you have gone. Guess wat. The Tailor didn't not even cut the material moreless Sowing it.
Ahh, my head was spining. I was speechless. My brain was booting. It was like dream.
After all d paparazzi. I don make mouth die. I had everything planned out.
I just got out of the shop...nd headed straight home. Didn't even say a word 2 her.
Immediately i got home, i told my friend. nd she was like i bleeped up, i should have collected d material nd my part-payt. But my head wasn't booting well that time. Tears sef don gather full my eyes.
I can't forget that day.
Moral Lesson: Always have a Plan B.

so saddening

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by ladymichael: 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
my tailor ran away with my fine lace. the most recent one is yet to fix the "sewing" he claimed he did for over a month now.
infact i have arrived at the conclusion that i will join a tailoring school so as to start sewing my own clothes. gbam
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by OpalBee(f): 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
lalasticlala:

How about the so called "professionals" that hire "quacks" to sew. Experienced that...
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by purplepatchy(f): 10:28am On Oct 23, 2014
My stomach oooooooo....hahahahaha grin
Dygeasy:
This one na recently o. This Eid Celebration that just passed. I gave my tailor my ankara material to sew normal buba and trousers for me one week to Sallah and I paid him right there to avoid rushing and any stupid excuses. I left and gave him all the time in the world. ONE day to sallah I went to his shop and he had finished my trouser and had designed the buba. All that was left was to couple the buba and my cloth don gallant. I gave him the thumbs up sign. Instinct just say make I test-drive my trouser na hin I wear am o. Before the trouser enter my waist, I just dey pull am dey twist my waist. Trouser wey dey use rope faa, no be belt o. I no talk, I wear am like that. I con look myself by myself, I see say one leg na pencil, the other na bootcut. What tha? I looked at him. Wetin be this? "Hope you know I must collect this cloth today?"

His apprentice said "Ehn na. Shebi we don finish am?"

"Finish wetin? This one wey I wear resemble cloth for your eyes? Na you invent this style?"

The guy dey look.

"Answer na." I told him. "Oga," I faced my tailor."Who sewed my cloth?"

He had to tell me it was his apprentice. A girl for that matter. "A girl sewed my clothes? We don too play abi?"

I collected my cloth on Sallah dah gangan and the cloth no balance up till today. They had to loosen, resew, cut over and over again.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Lilimax(f): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2014
I occasionally give out my clothes to tailor for sewing but she hardly disappoints me
probably because she knows I can sew too smiley
If not for my tight schedule as a result of my work, I'll have no dealings with them embarassed
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Uchizzy(m): 11:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
naturally:
Hmmm, tailors, mechanics and carpenter behave almost the same way.

When you decide to look for another person, the new one will be efficiently effective for just few weeks/months before they start showing their real color.
naturally:

When you decide to look for another person, the new one will be efficiently effective for just few weeks/months before they start showing their real color.
naturally:

true talk
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Beesluv: 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
aminaeke:
FREAD HAS BEEN MY TAILOR FOR CLOSE TO TEN YEARS,
BUT WHEN HE TELL U STOP RUN AND WHEN HE SAYS RUN, MY DEAR STAND LIKE POLE.
THIS GUY IS DISAPPOINTMENT PERSONIFIED, SO TEEEE MY MUM IN THE VILLAGE ALWAYS ASK AFTER THAT MY TAILOR THAT
ALWAYS DISAPPOINT AND I WILL NEVER LET HIM GO!
I WISH HE IS READING THIS MASSAGE OR ANYONE THAT KNOWS HIM VERY WELL COS HE IS STILL WITH MY MATERIALS SINCE NOVEMBER LAST YEAR, THE WORST PART IS THAT HE HAS STOPPED PICKING MY CALL, PLEASE IF YOU KNOW HIM TELL HIM THAT WHEREVER I SEE HIM HE WILL REGRET EVER KNOWING ME. HE STAYS IN PORT HARCOURT, HE IS FROM DELTA STATE, THE WORST STILL IS THAT HE HAS PARKED OUT OF HIS HOUSE AND OUT OF HIS STORE.
THERE WAS A TIME I GAVE MY CLOTH TO HIM AND HE PROMISED TO DELIVER IN THREE WEEKS BUT AFTER FOUR MONTHS AM YET TO GET MY CLOTH, I CALLD HIM TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPND, HE REFUSED TO PICK I USED ANOTHER NUMBER HE PICKED AND TOLD ME MY CLOTH IS READY, I WENT TO HIS STORE HE WAS NOT THERE, I CALD HIM HE TOLD ME HE WENT TO ABA TO COME BCK THE NEXT DAY BUT I DID NOT BELIEVE HIM, BUT I TOLD HIM AM LEAVING TO COME BCK THE NEXT DAY. I THEN GAVE HIS NUMBER TO A FRIEND TO CALL HIM AND TELL HIM THAT SHE BROUGHT CLOTHES TO HIS STORE BUT THE PLACE WAS LOCKED, LOO AND BEHOLD HE TOLD HER HE WAS NEAR-BY THAT SHE SHOULD WAIT HE WILL SOON BE WITH HER. I HIDE SOMEWHERE AND IN THE NEXT 5 MINTS FREAD WAS AT HIS STORE! I WAITED FOR HIM TO OPEN THE STORE, WHEN HE WENT IN HE STARTED TRYING THE LADY'S NUMBER I THEN WALKED IN AND TOLD HIM NOT TO WORRY HIS HEAD THAT IT WAS A TRAP - HE NEARLY FAINTED. HE HAS NOT EVEN CUT MY MATERIAL IT WAS STILL IN THE BAG I BROUGHT IT WITH. I SWORN THAT I WILL NEVER GIVE ANY CLOTH TO HIM, BUT WHAT WILL I DO I STILL WENT BACK BECUASE HE IS THE BEST TAILOR I HAVE EVER HAD, WHENEVER I WEAR CLOTHS HE MADE PEOPLE ALWAYS ASK IF IT WAS ALREADY MADE, NO ADJUSTMENT, BEST STYLES, BEST CONBINATIONS ETC. BUT HE IS NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD!
Nice trick
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by ecoheight: 8:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Yes, tailors are real disappointment because of them not keeping to their words. All of them will go to hell unless they change for abysmal attitudes.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by kemesty(f): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
Give us a try today and you will not be disappointed.
L'amirah couture, banex plaza, beside first bank, Aminu Kano crescent, wuse 11, Abuja.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by jbblues24(m): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Flat design is going to die. tongue
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Acita: 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2019
Right now, I'm in a tailor's shop. So I gave this guy my customer's fabrics(3 of them) since 1 month ago. I told him that as soon as he's done, I'll get more. He said that I should bring everything at once. Thank God I didn't heed. After 2 weeks and I got no call from him, I got another tailor and gave him the other three. The second tailor has finished and delivered. I had to go to his shop yesterday night but this guy told me the clothes are with the person weaving them that I'll get everything this morning. This is 7:06pm,this guy has not even finished one. He made sure he cut all of them so I won't be able to take them back. I'm supposed to deliver these clothes tomorrow morning. Tell me what to do. Chei! Mogbe
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Ahmedsuleiman(m): 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
This is really disheartening and embarrassing at the same time. More often than not, most tailors do fumble and fail to keep to their promise.

However, my capsule advice is that you let him finish the clothes he has cut and never give him work again. You keep trying others till you get the right and truthful tailor(s).
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Acita: 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
This is terrible, to say the least.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Genevieve, Tiwa Savage Or Venita: Who Wore It Best / The Hairstyle That Pleases God As A Believer. / Male Transformation Wit Make Up (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.