Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum (25707 Views)

Ghanaian Lady Commits Suicide After Catching Her Mum With Her Husband / A slap must be returned, Wife, Gf Or Not. I Have Done It Before (personal Story) / Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by oludashmi(f): 2:28am On Oct 19, 2014
UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child

A UK Court has ordered that the 2 year-old girl, Liya, who was allegedly kidnapped to Nigeria by her paternal grand mother, be returned to the mum.

It would be recalled, that a lady named Moronke Fadoju, revealed on the social media 2 weeks ago that her 2 years daughter, Liya was kidnapped and taken to Nigeria by her paternal grand mother, without her consent.

She shared how she went to school only to get back and her daughter was already missing. A lot of people, including bloggers condemned the woman and her son for such an act and the story went viral.

But the happy mother revealed yesterday that she’s having her daughter back.

“Today, My Liya’s return was ordered by the court… More than grateful to God, family& friends who stood by me, all the lies and spicy stories made up to portray me as an irresponsible person was futile. The Uk authorities recognise i’m a great mum, no tainted record whatsoever so shes coming home. I tried to keep things civil b/w himself & i for Liya’s sake but they exploited my kindness, decided to act like illiterates & his mum’s criminal act won’t go unpunished.” she said.

Her baby daddy, Izuchukwu Ehiemere, had initially denied the abduction. In his side of the story, he claimed that both party were aware that the child would be taken to Nigeria by his mum.

http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/alas-court-orders-liya-be-returned-her-mum/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 2:32am On Oct 19, 2014
still here incase
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 8:10am On Oct 19, 2014
Where is onila

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2014
Me loveth obodo oyibo kiss
They thought they were in nigeria ,
Buhahahahahaaa! cheesy cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 9:40am On Oct 19, 2014
Thank God for responsible, upright and just workers in the temple of justice in The United Kingdom. If this case was lodged in a Nigerian court, be sure ready for all sort of adjournments. Really crazy. Maybe liya might have clocked 15 before final judgement. And if you know your way very well, you would surely win a case even if all odds are against you

48 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by FynBabe(f): 9:58am On Oct 19, 2014
This is good news! So happy for mother and daughter.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by cococandy(f): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
Great news smiley

Donedy. Olodo. Don't commit suicide because of this o grin

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bebe2(f): 6:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Oyinbo pple never know how Nigerians dey behave.

Na judge own judge dey talk o

20 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
cococandy:
Great news smiley

Donedy. Olodo. Don't commit suicide because of this o grin

I'm glad the case has been settled in a civilized manner grin! I hope you'll now stop insulting a woman old enough to be your grandma.

Also, I'm even blushing on the fact you still remember my handle embarassed. Unfortunately, I am already taken wink. I wish you well in your future endeavors. Next time we cross path, I hope we will be on same path.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by cococandy(f): 9:19am On Oct 20, 2014
You're glad? Bwahahaha. grin

So you even like the civilized manner of doing things yet you were supporting the uncivilized actions of the criminals.

Until next time smiley
donedy:

I'm glad the case has been settled in a civilized manner grin! I hope you'll now stop insulting a woman old enough to be your grandma.

Also, I'm even blushing on the fact you still remember handle embarassed. Unfortunately, I am already taken wink. I wish you well in your future endeavors. Next time we cross path, I hope we will be on same path.

26 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2014
bennyrazz:
Thank God for responsible, upright and just workers in the temple of justice in The United Kingdom. If this case was lodged in a Nigerian court, be sure ready for all sort of adjournments. Really crazy. Maybe liya might have clocked 15 before final judgement. And if you know your way very well, you would surely win a case even if all odds are against you

Times have moved on, child custody case is one of the areas that works in Nigeria now, and there are lots of feminist Pro Bono female law firms ready to drag it with any man that crosses the line and take him to the cleaners...besides a woman "owns" a child legally till age 7 in Nigeria...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 20, 2014
Busybody2:

Times have moved on, child custody case is one of the areas that works in Nigeria now, and there are lots of feminist Pro Bono female law firms ready to drag it with any man that crosses the line and take him to the cleaners...besides a woman "owns" a child legally till age 7 in Nigeria...

Thank you. I understand the skepticism but we should try to research small before running down every system.

Child custody and welfare is taken very serious here, the only times challenges arise is where the mother is not willing to fight for the child and decides to leave it to God or elders to settle

13 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2014
bebe2:
Oyinbo pple never know how Nigerians dey behave.

Na judge own judge dey talk o

Leave that side oh.

UK don't joke with their own at all...And now the Court has ruled that child abduction should not be treated under family law, but should be treated as kidnapping under Criminal law...

Interpol arrests runaway Dads in Nigeria for defaulting on child payment support in UK talkless of Grandma wey come boldfacely tiff a whole pickin...They better sack their incompetent, shitty Lawyer hand who has been giving them bad advice (that incriminating press release though shocked) and hand baby Liya over before she turns herself into a fugitive with Interpol on standby in Nigeria ready to pounce on her...

16 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 10:54am On Oct 20, 2014
aisha2:

Thank you. I understand the skepticism but we should try to research small before running down every system.

Child custody and welfare is taken very serious here, the only times challenges arise is where the mother is not willing to fight for the child and decides to leave it to God or elders to settle

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly. People don't realise the law still works in some areas. And women don't know the clout they have and the power they wield when it comes to family law in Nigeria.

Well I guess for some women, they don't fight for custody because they feel the Daddy is better placed financially to raise the children, whilst for some they feel the child/children would be an hindrance to them remarrying so rather than dump the child/children on grandma to make themselves more marketable, they decide to leave the child/children to the Dad rather.

I have also heard of instances whereby the woman purposely leaves the children behind, in the hope that she might win the Dad's heart back or the Dad would be preoccupied with raising them and not have time for other women. Hmmm.

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 20, 2014
Busybody2:

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly. People don't realise the law still works in some areas. And women don't know the clout they have and the power they wield when it comes to family law in Nigeria.
Well I guess for some women, they don't fight for custody because they feel the Daddy is better placed financially to raise the children, whilst for some they feel the child/children would be an hindrance to them remarrying so rather than dump the child/children on grandma to make themselves more marketable, they decide to leave the child/children to the Dad rather.
I have also heard of instances whereby the woman purposely leaves the children behind, in the hope that she might win the Dad's heart back or the Dad would be preoccupied with raising them and not have time for other women. Hmmm.

Hmmmm true. Have given up trying to understand some things

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2014
aisha2:

Hmmmm true. Have given up trying to understand some things

Lol. Enough pulling out hair momentscheesy

It's a thankless task, so please you shouldn't give up on enlightening people. Nigerian females need more "teachers" and role models like you.

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by 5minsmadness: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2014
Op if this is good news to you then you shouldn't include 'Alas!' on your title. Alas usually connotes bad news.
E.g Alas! The thieves were never found ,
or
Alas! She was never seen again.

Unless of course you are a relative to the man or you feel the child is worse off going back to the mother then the title is totally understandable.

[size=5pt]Read and move on! Dont quote me![/size]

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
Thanks for the objective points on Nigeria

It is far easier to heap blames on the country rather than acknowledge the progress, albeit little being made in child custody issues
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 10:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
The laws in our land was created for the poor people. Until the law can emancipate the plight of the common man on the street then I'm very sorry to say, you have no law. Until your judiciary becomes fully independent and devoid of political intrusion, you still have no law. Promotion of Judges in your country is very political
Your rub the back of a politician, you get promoted. Child whatever jargons you have and feminist lawyers offering pro bono services to me is a very big illusion, how many of them have won cases that matters in court? It a shame when I read on the dailies of how retired old men desecrate, defile children and yet most of the perpetrators don't get punished/persecuted properly. The current present CJN Her lordship, Justice Maryam Aloma Murktar admitted the rot in the Judiciary and she's fighting it. In one of her remarks, she said some cases filed since 2001 have not been treated. Just imagine such in the case of Liya. It's common Knowledge that if you have money, you can easily influence judgements in your favor. So you lawyers here trying to portray the Nigerian Judicial system as a big white sheep should really think again (I understand the passion for the profession). Though there are few judges that are not corrupt, they stand for justice anytime any day one of which is Justice Ademola of the federal High court Abuja. He does not unnecessary adjourn cases. Busybody2, aisha2 take note.

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 21, 2014
bennyrazz:
The laws in our land was created for the poor people. Until the law can emancipate the plight of the common man on the street then I'm very sorry to say, you have no law. Until your judiciary becomes fully independent and devoid of political intrusion, you still have no law. Promotion of Judges in your country is very political
Your rub the back of a politician, you get promoted. Child whatever jargons you have and feminist lawyers offering pro bono services to me is a very big illusion, how many of them have won cases that matters in court? It a shame when I read on the dailies of how retired old men desecrate, defile children and yet most of the perpetrators don't get punished/persecuted properly. The current present CJN Her lordship, Justice Maryam Aloma Murktar admitted the rot in the Judiciary and she's fighting it. In one of her remarks, she said some cases filed since 2001 have not been treated. Just imagine such in the case of Liya. It's common Knowledge that if you have money, you can easily influence judgements in your favor. So you lawyers here trying to portray the Nigerian Judicial system as a big white sheep should really think again (I understand the passion for the profession). Though there are few judges that are not corrupt, they stand for justice anytime any day one of which is Justice Ademola of the federal High court Abuja. He does not unnecessary adjourn cases. Busybody2, aisha2 take note.

The law will not force you to come under its cover.
Family law is a different branch of law which hardly takes time to be decided because of its sensitive nature and the best interest of the child.

Like i said do not lump it up with cooperate or criminal law.
We can say a lot of bad things abiut Nigeria but saying it has no functional family law is not true

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 7:32am On Oct 21, 2014
aisha2:

The law will not force you to come under its cover.
Family law is a different branch of law which hardly takes time to be decided because of its sensitive nature and the best interest of the child.

Like i said do not lump it up with cooperate or criminal law.
We can say a lot of bad things abiut Nigeria but saying it has no functional family law is not true
For example, I'm a big IBO trader, importer/exporter of all kinds of goods. I have 3 wives and all what they have given me as children are all girls. Imagine a whole me have 17 girls? If my first wife had given me just one boy, I won't have married a second wife same thing with the third but non of them have given me a male child. All I have are girls, its not that I am not greatful to God but who would carry on with the family legacy when I have no child to bear my name? In my desperation to get a male child, I decided to be sleeping with all kinds of women. There's this girl that sells banana that use to come to my shop, I just said I should try my luck on her and luckily she got pregnant and gave me a boy. I was the most happiest man on earth. Look at me, a 57yrs old man. I finally have a son. For the past four years I have been taking care of the child and her mother, I rented a 3bedroom flat for them somewhere in Lagos, I furnished it to taste. I made extremely sure that my son and her mother never lacked anything. For a man of my status, I can't marry an illiterate so I have asked the mother to go back to school to write her ssce exams (waec) I will finance everything up to the university and she has refused. Though my son is in one of the best private school in Lagos but the boy can't speak proper English because his mother speaks bad English to him. I have asked the mother to allow me take custody of the child while she returns back to school but her and her family have said no except I take their daughter as my fourth wife. I said no problem but their daughter have to go back to school before I can marry her. They refused. Now I went to pick my son from school the other day and I took him home so that his sisters could know him and probably pass the night, I called the mother on phone to tell her. The following morning, Police men with my son's mother were knocking at my door alleging that I kidnapped my son from school. I was taking to the police station but I was granted bail on self recognition. I was so angry that I decided not to foot my son and mother's bill any longer. Their house rent expired, I did not renew. I refused to pay my son's school fees for the new term. So he has been sitting at home. Anytime my son's mother call me, I ask her to go back to hawking banana on the street to carter for her needs. Her family have called me severally to insult me on phone I just did not reply them. The other day, my son's mother came to my shop with a Lawyer to give me a letter summoning me to court
They do not know that my first wife is a Lawyer. A very good kind understanding woman, How I wish she bore me a son. The following week we were in court, my son's mother lawyer was asking the Judge to compel me to carter for the upkeep of my child financially. And my first wife whom is my lawyer was asking the court custody of the child to enable me carter for the child financially and anything less than that means they get no kobo from me. If she wants to keep the child fine, she takes care of his upkeep.

Now as a Judge, aisha2 how do you Judge this matter when the man has said he would not provide money for his child upkeep simply because he doesn't have custody of the child and his child is not been brought up in the way and woman is insisting no way. I keep custody of the child man foots the Bill.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 7:40am On Oct 21, 2014
bennyrazz

see story

under customary law you are not entitled to that child as you have not wedded the mother
ab initio your case is flawed as you have an assumption that you are the owner of the child and not the mother

Under modern law, there was no contract signed as there was no offer, no consideration given by yourself

You dont have any case as much as you paint it

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 7:44am On Oct 21, 2014
bennyrazz:
For example, I'm a big IBO trader, importer/exporter of all kinds of goods.[size=18pt] I have 3 wives and all what they have given me as children are all girls. [/size]Imagine a whole me have 17 girls? If my first wife had given me just one boy, I won't have married a second wife same thing with the third but non of them have given me a male child. All I have are girls, its not that I am not greatful to God but who would carry on with the family legacy when I have no child to bear my name? In my desperation to get a male child, I decided to be sleeping with all kinds of women. There's this girl that sells banana that use to come to my shop, I just said I should try my luck on her and luckily she got pregnant and gave me a boy. I was the most happiest man on earth. Look at me, a 57yrs old man. I finally have a son. For the past four years I have been taking care of the child and her mother, I rented a 3bedroom flat for them somewhere in Lagos, I furnished it to taste. I made extremely sure that my son and her mother never lacked anything. [size=18pt]For a man of my status, I can't marry an illiterate[/size] so I have asked the mother to go back to school to write her ssce exams (waec) I will finance everything up to the university and she has refused. Though my son is in one of the best private school in Lagos but the boy can't speak proper English because his mother speaks bad English to him. I have asked the mother to allow me take custody of the child while she returns back to school but her and her family have said no except I take their daughter as my fourth wife. I said no problem but their daughter have to go back to school before I can marry her. They refused. Now I went to pick my son from school the other day and I took him home so that his sisters could know him and probably pass the night, I called the mother on phone to tell her. The following morning, Police men with my son's mother were knocking at my door alleging that I kidnapped my son from school. I was taking to the police station but I was granted bail on self recognition. I was so angry that I decided not to foot my son and mother's bill any longer. Their house rent expired, I did not renew. I refused to pay my son's school fees for the new term. So he has been sitting at home. Anytime my son's mother call me, I ask her to go back to hawking banana on the street to carter for her needs. Her family have called me severally to insult me on phone I just did not reply them. The other day, my son's mother came to my shop with a Lawyer to give me a letter summoning me to court
They do not know that my first wife is a Lawyer. A very good kind understanding woman, How I wish she bore me a son. The following week we were in court, my son's mother lawyer was asking the Judge to compel me to carter for the upkeep of my child financially. And my first wife whom is my lawyer was asking the court custody of the child to enable me carter for the child financially and anything less than that means they get no kobo from me. If she wants to keep the child fine, she takes care of his upkeep.

Now as a Judge, aisha2 how do you Judge this matter when the man has said he would not provide money for his child upkeep simply because he doesn't have custody of the child and his child is not been brought up in the way and woman is insisting no way. I keep custody of the child man foots the Bill.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2014
Your story is dead on arrival Sir. Mr international literate business conglomerate-extra-ordinaire that has never heard that Chromosome XY that produces a male is carried by men.

I know you must have put a lot of effort into this, but try again with a better story we will not put a hole in, in two seconds and casese would be struck out on defective ground.

10 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2014
bennyrazz:
The laws in our land was created for the poor people. Until the law can emancipate the plight of the common man on the street then I'm very sorry to say, you have no law. Until your judiciary becomes fully independent and devoid of political intrusion, you still have no law...

... Busybody2, aisha2 take note.

There is corruption everywhere but
Family law is structurally sound in Nigeria. It is about the best interest of the child so a mother owns the child until the child is aged 7 because of their tender age.

After clocking age 7, there is a Court hearing where the child is asked whom he/she wants to live with. Shikena.

This aspect of law works well so it was on the back of this that immigration department stipulated that passport application for a child needs to include bio data of Dad's passport, written consent letter from Dad, etc. So men would not be totally frozen out.

I see you mentioned Liya. You might run rings round the Court trying to avoid paying Mum child support, but Liya is a British Citizen so Interpol has the right to arrest her Dad anywhere in Nigeria and have him handcuffed and carted off to Police cell for evading child support payment. And he would only be released once he has paid every single dime owed since the day she was born.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by 5minsmadness: 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
Pickabeau1, busybody 2

But can't benyrazz fight for custody based on maternal incompetence and unwillingness to improve herself vis a vis furthering her education, even despite offer of financial aid from the husband? Isn't the child's basic upbringing being put in jeopardy by the mother's obstinate behaviour?
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 4:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
5minsmadness:
Pickabeau1, busybody 2

But can't benyrazz fight for custody based on maternal incompetence and unwillingness to improve herself vis a vis furthering her education, even despite offer of financial aid from the husband? Isn't the child's basic upbringing being put in jeopardy by the mother's obstinate behaviour?

That is a different dimension which typically is an exception

Illiterates have raised professors

who says he is truly is the fada of the child grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by 5minsmadness: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
pickabeau1:

That is a different dimension which typically is an exception

Illiterates have raised professors

who says he is truly is the fada of the child grin grin grin

A DNA test takes 2weeks and costs about N100k. It can be done for confirmation.

Give Instances of illiterates that raised professors without financial backing and outside help pls. smiley
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
5minsmadness:
Pickabeau1, busybody 2

Custody can only be denied the mother if she acts in dangerously and by her actions puts the life of the child in danger. The father in the scenerio the poster raised will be asked to pay child support, his lawyer wife should have advised him well before wasting his time in court
As long as the mother is mentally and has no risk of putting the childs life in danger then the child remains with the mother and is supported by the father no matter how much money the father wants to flaunt.

I was helping a grandma get shared custody of her grandson as the mother was not married to her son. I knew the best bet was weekend once a month based on the fact that she had supported the mother from pregnancy to after the child was born. However she got some wrong advisers who told her she could use money and influence to get full custody. In the end she lost even the weekend rights i was helping her fight for as the Judge had strong words for her accussing her of being a bad mother who wanted to seperate another mother from her child because she felt she had money.

Family law is strong here, at least i know that is one area FIDA has gone all out

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2014
5minsmadness:

A DNA test takes 2weeks and costs about N100k. It can be done for confirmation.

Give Instances of illiterates that raised professors without financial backing and outside help pls. smiley

Its not about the DNA.. i said in some traditions, if u are not married to a woman, you have no right over d child
--------------------------
If u dont know of any, i wll be surprised

Market women have had graduates.. im sure prof dey there grin

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by jennyo: 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
Busybody2:

There is corruption everywhere but
Family law is structurally sound in Nigeria. It is about the best interest of the child so a mother owns the child until the child is aged 7 because of their tender age.
After clocking age 7, there is a Court hearing where the child is asked whom he/she wants to live with. Shikena.
This aspect of law works well so it was on the back of this that immigration department stipulated that passport application for a child needs to include bio data of Dad's passport, written consent letter from Dad, etc. So men would not be totally frozen out.
I see you mentioned Liya. You might run rings round the Court trying to avoid paying Mum child support, but Liya is a British Citizen so Interpol has the right to arrest her Dad anywhere in Nigeria and have him handcuffed and carted off to Police cell for evading child support payment. And he would only be released once he has paid every single dime owed since the day she was born.

Have you tried collecting Nigerian passport for your kids? they insist on the father's passport ID and signature and they tell you the mother is irrelevant.i think Nigerian laws favors fathers more than mothers

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
jennyo:

Have you tried collecting Nigerian passport for your kids? they insist on the father's passport ID and signature and they tell you the mother is irrelevant.i think Nigerian laws favors fathers more than mothers

That is not Nigerian law, but Nigerians just like to go with anything and not challenge it. For years mature grown women were required to get writen consent from their husbands before traveling till they got sued and the matter decided speedily.
Lawsuit: Court voids Immigration condition for issuing passports to married women
A Nigerian woman, the wife of writer Elechi Amadi, has sucessfully sued to have Nigerian Immigration Service remove the condition requiring a married woman to obtain her husband's permission in writing in order to get a Nigerian passport.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jun/8/19.html

Also for years women in Igbo land were not allowed to inherit property till one woman sued till she got to supreme court.
The Supreme Court has voided the Igbo law and custom, which forbid a female from inheriting her late father’s estate, on the grounds that it is discriminatory and conflicts with the provision of the constitution.

The court held that the practice conflicted with section 42(1)(a) and (2) of the 1999 Constitution. The judgment was on the appeal marked: SC.224/2004 filed by Mrs. Lois Chituru Ukeje (wife of the late Lazarus Ogbonna Ukeje) and their son, Enyinnaya Lazarus Ukeje against Mrs. Cladys Ada Ukeje (the deceased’s daughter).

Cladys had sued the deceased’s wife and son before the Lagos High Court, claiming to be one of the deceased’s children and sought to be included among those to administer their deceased’s father’s estate.

The trial court found that he was a daughter to the deceased and that she was qualified to benefit from the estate of their father who died intestate in Lagos in1981.

Rights are not dashed, even in America and other developed nations they were fought for hence the feminist movement we all insult and misinterprete on nairaland today.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Help, My Marriage Is Killing Me. / "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? / Eze Ugonna Iriele & His Wife Welcome Twins After 15 Years Of Waiting (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.