Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum (25705 Views)

Ghanaian Lady Commits Suicide After Catching Her Mum With Her Husband / A slap must be returned, Wife, Gf Or Not. I Have Done It Before (personal Story) / Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
@busybody2,

Remember the lady sued the IBO man to court to get child support? and IBO man is saying he can only cater for the child if he has full custody. On what defective grounds will the case be thrown out? on grounds that they are not legally married or on grounds that it is impossible for the man to father the child?

Are the interpol in Nigeria not Nigerians? are they whites? you see if I'm the father of Liya and the court issues a warrant of arrest on me for not paying child support and I reside in Nigeria, they should just forget it cuz if I say I don't have money , I don't have! and I'm ready to proof it beyond reasonable doubt.

The laws in Europe/America favors women but you see, the law in Nigeria favors Men.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
bennyrazz:
@busybody2,
Remember the lady sued the IBO man to court to get child support? and IBO man is saying he can only cater for the child if he has full custody. On what defective grounds will the case be thrown out? on grounds that they are not legally married or on grounds that it is impossible for the man to father the child?
Are the interpol in Nigeria not Nigerians? are they whites? you see if I'm the father of Liya and the court issues a warrant of arrest on me for not paying child support and I reside in Nigeria, they should just forget it cuz if I say I don't have money , I don't have! and I'm ready to proof it beyond reasonable doubt.
The laws in Europe/America favors women but you see, the law in Nigeria favors Men.

The issue of you dont have money doesnt arise. If you work a letter will be sent to your boss if you dont work you do business a letter will be sent to your banks. Its no joke.
It looks like it favors men becausr women here are not ready to fight they want and hope to settle even when treated like shit

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
that goat and her bastard kid should be ashamed of themselves!
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
bennyrazz:
@busybody2,

stop being so biased
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
aisha2:

The issue of you dont have money doesnt arise. If you work a letter will be sent to your boss if you dont work you do business a letter will be sent to your banks. Its no joke.
It looks like it favors men becausr women here are not ready to fight they want and hope to settle even when treated like shit
If a man heart is very hard, no Jupiter on earth can convince him to pay for child support if he doesn't want to. If they would send a letter to my boss, I will resign. For business, It is when they know the bank I bank with that they can send letter abi? Even if they find out, I will transfer ownership of all monies to a third party account
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:
If a man heart is very hard, no Jupiter on earth can convince him to pay for child support if he doesn't want to. If they would send a letter to my boss, I will resign. For business, It is when they know the bank I bank with that they can send letter abi? Even if they find out, I will transfer ownership of all monies to a third party account

Good luck in running and hiding from the law and always lookong back. You also cant travel abroad for business so rely on your boys who by the Nigerian factor will always be tempted to cheat you. All because you dont want to support your own child.
Abeg am done with this topic i detest endless banter heading no where adding no credit to my account. Good morning

13 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by cococandy(f): 9:43am On Oct 22, 2014
aisha2:

Also for years women in Igbo land were not allowed to inherit property till one woman sued till she got to supreme court.
The Supreme Court has voided the Igbo law and custom, which forbid a female from inheriting her late father’s estate, on the grounds that it is discriminatory and conflicts with the provision of the constitution.

The court held that the practice conflicted with section 42(1)(a) and (2) of the 1999 Constitution. The judgment was on the appeal marked: SC.224/2004 filed by Mrs. Lois Chituru Ukeje (wife of the late Lazarus Ogbonna Ukeje) and their son, Enyinnaya Lazarus Ukeje against Mrs. Cladys Ada Ukeje (the deceased’s daughter).

Cladys had sued the deceased’s wife and son before the Lagos High Court, claiming to be one of the deceased’s children and sought to be included among those to administer their deceased’s father’s estate.

The trial court found that he was a daughter to the deceased and that she was qualified to benefit from the estate of their father who died intestate in Lagos in1981.

Rights are not dashed, even in America and other developed nations they were fought for hence the feminist movement we all insult and misinterprete on nairaland today.

I'm really interested in this because even as at this morning,women aren't allowed to inherit property in my side of igboland.

I guess the passport thing is settled because no one asked me for my husband's permission before I was issued a passport.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 9:47am On Oct 22, 2014
this provision applies to cases where the man dies intestate and customary law has to kick in

If the will specifically excludes daughters which have been married out, i dont think anything can change that
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by cococandy(f): 9:50am On Oct 22, 2014
But if the will excludes the sons something can be done about it. No?
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2014
if the will excludes sons nothing can be done about it

The best that can be done is to challenge the legitimacy of thewill and the capacity of the person bequeathing the estate

But if that is not an issue, the will is sacrosanct

One can even give his money all to charity
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2014
5minsmadness:
Pickabeau1, busybody 2

But can't benyrazz fight for custody based on maternal incompetence and unwillingness to improve herself vis a vis furthering her education, even despite offer of financial aid from the husband? Isn't the child's basic upbringing being put in jeopardy by the mother's obstinate behaviour?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

The man's is a money-miss-road snob with fatally flawed logic. Even the English from England who coined the English Language knows that you do not ordinarily get social skills such as comportment skills and etiquette via tertiary education...and they are aware that some learning disabilities and language processing disorders such as dyslexia and dyspraxia exists which can affect anyone from any economic background, and these are routinely found amongst even graduates who have passed through university studies in UK...

So Chief Mr Cletus Benerazz would have extra-curricular tuition fee added to the maintenance he is mandated to pay his only son. And perchance he is still feeling generous, even after loosing this custody battle, he could pay the banana seller to travel to a Swiss Finishing School to polish her up to his taste cool

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
this provision applies to cases where the man dies intestate and customary law has to kick in
If the will specifically excludes daughters which have been married out, i dont think anything can change that

Yeah when a will exists nothing much anyone can do except challenge the competence and loop holes if any. Most good wills are iron clad and challenging it usually leads to long pointless battles laden with hate and bitterness sometimes transfered across generations.

The case i quoted was a clear case of a man dying without a will and the daughter being excluded because of her gender.
The point is that she could have stayed quite and whine kike most Nigerian women would about how unfair customs and traditions are to women but she did something about it and got a judgement for her and now other women can refer to her case as decided by the supreme court and get their fair share of inheritance

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2014
cococandy:

I'm really interested in this because even as at this morning,women aren't allowed to inherit property in my side of igboland.

I guess the passport thing is settled because no one asked me for my husband's permission before I was issued a passport.

The women can get good lawyers who will refer to this la landmark judgement and get justice.
Off cause those who have benefited from the unfair system of inheritance wont just give in same way armed robbers dont stop robbing because a law swying they shouldnt rob exists. Its left to the women to fight for their rights.

As for the passport the immigration service is a legal federal system if they dont comply the CG will be held in contempt.
The laws of any group, parastal or custom does not supercede the constitution of Nigeria, where in conflict the constitution is upheld. It is based on this law that as much as the police feel they should stop protests because it could constitute public nusiance the court will always rule in favor of the protesters based on their freedom of association and right to peaceful protests. However the law wpnt follow you to your house you have to know it and access it.
Constitutions are sold for 500 in hold ups we should all buy and study

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2014
Exactly

aisha2:

Yeah when a will exists nothing much anyone can do except challenge the competence and loop holes if any. Most good wills are iron clad and challenging it usually leads to long pointless battles laden with hate and bitterness sometimes transfered across generations.

The case i quoted was a clear case of a man dying without a will and the daughter being excluded because of her gender.
The point is that she could have stayed quite and whine kike most Nigerian women would about how unfair customs and traditions are to women but she did something about it and got a judgement for her and now other women can refer to her case as decided by the supreme court and get their fair share of inheritance

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 11:52am On Oct 22, 2014
jennyo:

Have you tried collecting Nigerian passport for your kids? they insist on the father's passport ID and signature and they tell you the mother is irrelevant.i think Nigerian laws favors fathers more than mothers

I applied for their passports last year and had to produce all that because it is still a legal requirement till date.

BUT the reason for this draconian rule is that Nigerian law almost automatically grants Mothers custody of younger children, and Nigerian Fathers feeling sidelined started suing Visa and Passport services enmasse for not being strict with enforcing ID/consent checks on Mothers to make sure their kids are not taken anywhere without their approval.

So generally, family law worldwide, including Nigeria mainly favours women more...
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pamcode(m): 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2014
aisha2:

The law will not force you to come under its cover.
Family law is a different branch of law which hardly takes time to be decided because of its sensitive nature and the best interest of the child.

Like i said do not lump it up with cooperate or criminal law.
We can say a lot of bad things abiut Nigeria but saying it has no functional family law is not true
yeah i think you are right, i believe marriage divorce issues are under family law right
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
aisha2:

Good luck in running and hiding from the law and always lookong back. You also cant travel abroad for business so rely on your boys who by the Nigerian factor will always be tempted to cheat you. All because you dont want to support your own child.
Abeg am done with this topic i detest endless banter heading no where adding no credit to my account. Good morning
I'm not the IBO man here o, I just gave an example. And I don't think I'm very bad to the extent of evading the law but at times if someone wants to feel they can trample on you, they can get away with it, for me I will never accept such. If a woman wants to keep custody of a child, she should foot the bill and if a man wants to keep custody of a child, he should foot the bill after all, is it not you feminists that say men and women are equal and they should have equal rights? or are men more equal than women

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:
I'm not the IBO man here o, I just gave an example. And I don't think I'm very bad to the extent of evading the law but at times if someone wants to feel they can trample on you, they can get away with it, for me I will never accept such. If a woman wants to keep custody of a child, she should foot the bill and if a man wants to keep custody of a child, he should foot the bill after all, is it not you feminists that say men and women are equal and they should have equal rights? or are men more equal than women

It is not about you or the mother or some competition or silly power trip. It is about the CHILD the best interest of the child. The child didn't ask to be born and shoukd not be used as some pawn in a power battle. Only a sad sad sad sad parent will punish their child because of their disagreement with the co parent. The child did nothing wrong, the child didn't ask to be concieved, you are not pinishing your spouse in this case but your own child who innocently came into this world to sad hardly mature parents

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:
@busybody2,

The man cannot just waltz in and demand full custody just because he is rich and the boy is his only son. His tantrum would not be entertained. Remember these are two grown adults who had a relationship and might have been in love with each other...you both now hate each other and cannot stand each other and cannot be matured enough to sort out custody and maintenance and you have now invited outsiders (the Courts) to come and meddle in your case...so one/both of you have already been deemed to be immature and irresponsible in the eye of the Court system...

The Mum gets custody for now due to the child's age and the Dad can apply for joint custody or access. Luckily for the Dad, because the child is a boy, the Dad can apply to court when the boy is aged 7 for full custody and then all his "hot air" can be taken into consideration.

Interpol could have black Officers working for them because they are a global organisation, but they usually have liaison Officers who works with the Nigerian Police to supply them with intelligence, etc, so it is not Interpol but the NPF acting on the prompting of Interpol that would clamp the handcuff on your hand, usually in public places such as the Airport in full glare of the public, even if you are on a flight from Kano airport to Ibadan airport.

Nigerian ladies can apply to the Court for custody, child support, spousal support, etc and if the man refuses to cooperate, they can contact their state or Local Government Welfare Officers or contact the National Human Rights Commission. Fashola also passed a law a couple of year ago to apprehend Nigerian men who gets women pregnant and run...

Again, Liya is a British Citizen, her Grandma has turned herself into a fugitive and if they fail to return Liya to UK, Prime Minister David Cameron would shortly be placing a call to President Jonathan Goodluck...USA might tell you the law of Nigeria has got their hands tied, UK does not joke with their citizens..

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
aisha2:

It is not about you or the mother or some competition or silly power trip. It is about the CHILD the best interest of the child. The child didn't ask to be born and shoukd not be used as some pawn in a power battle. Only a sad sad sad sad parent will punish their child because of their disagreement with the co parent. The child did nothing wrong, the child didn't ask to be concieved, you are not pinishing your spouse in this case but your own child who innocently came into this world to sad hardly mature parents
when the tides favors the woman, no one cares if she decides to keep custody of the child forever after divorce/separation. I have a relation, many years ago he was working and his too beautiful wife was working as a secretary for a very big company. Wife got into a very hot romance with her boss and my relation suspected and queried her? because she earned more than my relation, she filed for divorce, she got it. She took custody of the kids and barred my relation from seeing them. She changed their school severally with the help of her boss and when the stress was much, her boss adopted her kid as his children "another man's kid" and flew her and the kids to America under a different name. Till date, no one knows their whereabout. My relation had search tirelessly.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:
when the tides favors the woman, no one cares if she decides to keep custody of the child forever after divorce/separation. I have a relation, many years ago he was working and his too beautiful wife was working as a secretary for a very big company. Wife got into a very hot romance with her boss and my relation suspected and queried her? because she earned more than my relation, she filed for divorce, she got it. She took custody of the kids and barred my relation from seeing them. She changed their school severally with the help of her boss and when the stress was much, her boss adopted her kid as his children "another man's kid" and flew her and the kids to America under a different name. Till date, no one knows their whereabout. My relation had search tirelessly.

That's why we are telling you family law heavily supports women worldwide, including Nigeria.

Is it fair, ***shrugs***, women are the weaker sex...
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:
bennyrazz:

The mother doesnt get to keep the child forever, she just has full custody till he or she is 7 during which they could share custody.
If the father is able to prove she is an unfit mom he can get custody.

As for your story, please you cannot legally adopt another mans child while he is alive and doesnt sign away custody. It is for reasons like this that fathers consent is sort when travelling out with kids.

Sometimes when we let things go amd refuse to enforce out rights people can get away with murder

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by tmosco(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
D main fact is dat d court is biased toward men in d issue of child custody,we don't hear feminist complaining abt dat.I am not talking of abuses homes.who said some men cannot take care of my 2,4,6 yrs child as good as their wives. Don't tell me it because of som special bond if so, den d equality dey ar fighting for is flawed. An uncle of mine who is in missionary work in Netherlands lost his children to his wife after divorce.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
Busybody2:

The man cannot just waltz in and demand full custody just because he is rich and the boy is his only son. His tantrum would not be entertained. Remember these are two grown adults who had a relationship and might have been in love with each other...you both now hate each other and cannot stand each other and cannot be matured enough to sort out custody and maintenance and you have now invited outsiders (the Courts) to come and meddle in your case...so one/both of you have already been deemed to be immature and irresponsible in the eye of the Court system...

The Mum gets custody for now due to the child's age and the Dad can apply for joint custody or access. Luckily for the Dad, because the child is a boy, the Dad can apply to court when the boy is aged 7 for full custody and then all his "hot air" can be taken into consideration.

Interpol could have black Officers working for them because they are a global organisation, but they usually have liaison Officers who works with the Nigerian Police to supply them with intelligence, etc, so it is not Interpol but the NPF acting on the prompting of Interpol that would clamp the handcuff on your hand, usually in public places such as the Airport in full glare of the public, even if you are on a flight from Kano airport to Ibadan airport.

Nigerian ladies can apply to the Court for custody, child support, spousal support, etc and if the man refuses to cooperate, they can contact their state or Local Government Welfare Officers or contact the National Human Rights Commission. Fashola also passed a law a couple of year ago to apprehend Nigerian men who gets women pregnant and run...

Again, Liya is a British Citizen, her Grandma has turned herself into a fugitive and if they fail to return Liya to UK, Prime Minister David Cameron would shortly be placing a call to President Jonathan Goodluck...USA might tell you the law of Nigeria has got their hands tied, UK does not joke with their citizens..

You see the thing with women, when nothing favors them that is when they realise they have to bend the whole thing. There is a guy I use to know those days, he impregnated his girlfriend and is girlfriend's family were richer than his own family. His GF family were public figures. He didn't want the child at first so one of his friends reported the issue to his mother, that was how is whole family knew about it. His mother and father took charge and they propose to go and meet his GF family. Now girlfriend's family were very angry and they called the guy a thief for coming to steal their daughter through the back door. Now on the day of the meeting, boyfriend's family went to the house of the girlfriend's family to propose marriage to their daughter since she was I think 3months pregnant at that time. Now, girlfriend's father almost accepted the offer but girlfriend's mother refused because she felt the guy was not good enough/rich enough for their daughter. To cut the long story short, girlfriend's family rejected the boyfriend's family. The girl was then sent to the UK. She gave birth there and everything. The girl's father was kind enough to divulge the news to boyfriend's family. Now boyfriend was asked to go to UK to see his baby. Boyfriend got there and girlfriend's mother refused him access to see baby. In fact the story is so long that today the child should be around 8 or there about but he doesn't bear the name of boyfriend's family. What I'm trying to let you understand is Women can be very drunk with power
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by ayinba1(f): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
aisha2:

I am a victim of the Nigerian legal system 20 years ago, something similar to what happened to this lady happened to me. I employed the so called legal means but all ended in futility. I am very glad that this woman screamed to the high heavens via social media as well as involving actual 'legal authorities". This us why she got her daughter back.
The guy's family tried to paint her black and this is standard for the Nigerian "rich" who want to oppress someone that they believe has no "family" to defend her.
Had grandma stopped for a second to imagine the long lasting psychological effects the separation would cause the child, she might have had a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
aisha2:

The mother doesnt get to keep the child forever, she just has full custody till he or she is 7 during which they could share custody.
If the father is able to prove she is an unfit mom he can get custody.
As for your story, please you cannot legally adopt another mans child while he is alive and doesnt sign away custody. It is for reasons like this that fathers consent is sort when travelling out with kids.
Sometimes when we let things go amd refuse to enforce out rights people can get away with murder
we don't know how they did it but somehow, they changed the surname of the kids. Before anybody could say jack Robinson, kids were no longer found, wife had disappeared. It was through a friend of the wife that disclosed this to ex-husband. This happen in the mid 90's.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:

What is bad is bad. This woman is evil, but this story does not mean all women are like that.

And until the selling of blank Nigerian birth certificate and filling any name or date of birth on it, is eradicated, some dubious people like this lady here would still succumb to evil...

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Busybody2(f): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:

You seye the thing with women, when nothing favors them that is when they realise they have to bend the whole thing. There is a guy I use to know those days, he impregnated his girlfriend and is girlfriend's family were richer than his own family. His GF family were public figures. He didn't want the child at first so one of his friends reported the issue to his mother, that was how is whole family knew about it. His mother and father took charge and they propose to go and meet his GF family. Now girlfriend's family were very angry and they called the guy a thief for coming to steal their daughter through the back door. Now on the day of the meeting, boyfriend's family went to the house of the girlfriend's family to propose marriage to their daughter since she was I think 3months pregnant at that time. Now, girlfriend's father almost accepted the offer but girlfriend's mother refused because she felt the guy was not good enough/rich enough for their daughter. To cut the long story short, girlfriend's family rejected the boyfriend's family. The girl was then sent to the UK. She gave birth there and everything. The girl's father was kind enough to divulge the news to boyfriend's family. Now boyfriend was asked to go to UK to see his baby. Boyfriend got there and girlfriend's mother refused him access to see baby. In fact the story is so long that today the child should be around 8 or there about but he doesn't bear the name of boyfriend's family. What I'm trying to let you understand is Women can be very drunk with power

I wholeheartedly agree with you that some women can be deadly. But the keyword is "some", a negligible few. Men are more atrocious in nature and are mostly to blame when it comes to family matter.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by morbid: 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ok
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by darlenese(f): 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
grin
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by onila(f): 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
glad, no one went to prison cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? / Pls Help, My Marriage Is Killing Me. / We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.