Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum (25733 Views)

Ghanaian Lady Commits Suicide After Catching Her Mum With Her Husband / A slap must be returned, Wife, Gf Or Not. I Have Done It Before (personal Story) / Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by edgyslim: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
Good for the mum. These illiterate rich folks in Naija just feel they can do anything they want.

Oyinbo don clear their doubt.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by adet991(f): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
I'm happy for her
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
But the UK court has no jurisdiction in Nigeria.
The grand -ma can go to a Nigerian court and get that judgement invalidated, just like many run-away alleged drug dealers have done and are currently free from american prosecution.
The highest the UK can do is to ban her from their country.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2014
onila:
glad, no one went to prison cool
you must have been doing some serious dicck sucking, we hope it paid off wink

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by onila(f): 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Viogu:
you must have been doing some serious dicck sucking, we hope it paid off wink

how do u know i suck dickk
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
F117AA:
But the UK court has no jurisdiction in Nigeria.
The grand -ma can go to a Nigerian court and get that judgement invalidated, just like many run-away alleged drug dealers have done and are currently free from american prosecution.
The highest the UK can do is to ban her from their country.

Oh really.

Where was the child born?
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
Busybody2:

I wholeheartedly agree with you that some women can be deadly. But the keyword is "some", a negligible few. Men are more atrocious in nature and are mostly to blame when it comes to family matter.
men commit atrocities, that I agree but that men are more to blame when it comes to family matters is a no for me. To me, both parties are.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
I expect the grand-ma to hire a brilliant lawyer and get the case thrown out in Nigeria.
Naive girl.
Fighting a legal battle in the UK , when the opponent live and earn a living in far away Nigeria.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bennyrazz: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
Busybody2:

What is bad is bad. This woman is evil, but this story does not mean all women are like that.

And until the selling of blank Nigerian birth certificate and filling any name or date of birth on it, is eradicated, some dubious people like this lady here would still succumb to evil...
the woman simply took advantage of the man. When a woman have more money than you her husband, she will commit so many attrocities
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
MissMeiya:

Oh really.

Where was the child born?
It dosen't really matter.
The child was born to Nigerian parents and therefore is also Nigerian.
The UK cannot arrest her in Nigeria if she can get legal protection.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by 2CatWoman: 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:
the woman simply took advantage of the man. When a woman have more money than you her husband, she will commit so many attrocities

Equally when a man's family has more money than the woman he/they also commit attrocities.

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2014
F117AA:
It dosen't really matter.
The child was born to Nigerian parents and therefore is also Nigerian.
The UK cannot arrest her in Nigeria if she can get legal protection.

*BUZZER* Wrong.

You clearly know nothing about citizenship. Why do you think people try to travel outside the country to give birth, if the baby was going to be Nigerian anyway?

Smh for you. The child is a citizen of the UK. You've never heard of dual citizenship?

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
F117AA I don't know why you're always saying stúpid things.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2014
The child has already been returned to the mother, thank God.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:
For example, I'm a big IBO trader, importer/exporter of all kinds of goods. I have 3 wives and all what they have given me as children are all girls. Imagine a whole me have 17 girls? If my first wife had given me just one boy, I won't have married a second wife same thing with the third but non of them have given me a male child. All I have are girls, its not that I am not greatful to God but who would carry on with the family legacy when I have no child to bear my name? In my desperation to get a male child, I decided to be sleeping with all kinds of women. There's this girl that sells banana that use to come to my shop, I just said I should try my luck on her and luckily she got pregnant and gave me a boy. I was the most happiest man on earth. Look at me, a 57yrs old man. I finally have a son. For the past four years I have been taking care of the child and her mother, I rented a 3bedroom flat for them somewhere in Lagos, I furnished it to taste. I made extremely sure that my son and her mother never lacked anything. For a man of my status, I can't marry an illiterate so I have asked the mother to go back to school to write her ssce exams (waec) I will finance everything up to the university and she has refused. Though my son is in one of the best private school in Lagos but the boy can't speak proper English because his mother speaks bad English to him. I have asked the mother to allow me take custody of the child while she returns back to school but her and her family have said no except I take their daughter as my fourth wife. I said no problem but their daughter have to go back to school before I can marry her. They refused. Now I went to pick my son from school the other day and I took him home so that his sisters could know him and probably pass the night, I called the mother on phone to tell her. The following morning, Police men with my son's mother were knocking at my door alleging that I kidnapped my son from school. I was taking to the police station but I was granted bail on self recognition. I was so angry that I decided not to foot my son and mother's bill any longer. Their house rent expired, I did not renew. I refused to pay my son's school fees for the new term. So he has been sitting at home. Anytime my son's mother call me, I ask her to go back to hawking banana on the street to carter for her needs. Her family have called me severally to insult me on phone I just did not reply them. The other day, my son's mother came to my shop with a Lawyer to give me a letter summoning me to court
They do not know that my first wife is a Lawyer. A very good kind understanding woman, How I wish she bore me a son. The following week we were in court, my son's mother lawyer was asking the Judge to compel me to carter for the upkeep of my child financially. And my first wife whom is my lawyer was asking the court custody of the child to enable me carter for the child financially and anything less than that means they get no kobo from me. If she wants to keep the child fine, she takes care of his upkeep.

Now as a Judge, aisha2 how do you Judge this matter when the man has said he would not provide money for his child upkeep simply because he doesn't have custody of the child and his child is not been brought up in the way and woman is insisting no way. I keep custody of the child man foots the Bill.
Oga wetin happen you won do book. plenty story for the gods

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
@MISS MEIYA
Who are you shaking your head for?
Definitely not me.
How does the fact that a Nigerian parent choose to give birth on the moon change the fact that the child is Nigerian?
And who told you that the reason why some Nigerian parents give birth abroad is because they don't want their child to be Nigerian?
Btw, have you heard of dual citizenship before?
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ghetto grandmama thinks she for do wet in dem they do in her husband's region in oyiboland.

I hope they have her convicted. Grandmama gbomogbomo. She for use pikin do Okija ritual.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
A
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
It is a very dangerous thing for idiotts to think they are smart.
How can anybody think the reason why some people give birth abroad is because they don't want Nigerian children?
That is just moronnic because it's impossible.
Any couple that is stupidd enough to believe that should be sterilized.
Many of our politicians were born abroad.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by onoja12: 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
if i was this young man,as cruel as it may sound.i would return the child to the mother and disown the child,because from the way that girl is talking she would brain wash that child to thinking evil and probably acting it too

oludashmi:
UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child

A UK Court has ordered that the 2 year-old girl, Liya, who was allegedly kidnapped to Nigeria by her paternal grand mother, be returned to the mum.

It would be recalled, that a lady named Moronke Fadoju, revealed on the social media 2 weeks ago that her 2 years daughter, Liya was kidnapped and taken to Nigeria by her paternal grand mother, without her consent.

She shared how she went to school only to get back and her daughter was already missing. A lot of people, including bloggers condemned the woman and her son for such an act and the story went viral.

But the happy mother revealed yesterday that she’s having her daughter back.

“Today, My Liya’s return was ordered by the court… More than grateful to God, family& friends who stood by me, all the lies and spicy stories made up to portray me as an irresponsible person was futile. The Uk authorities recognise i’m a great mum, no tainted record whatsoever so shes coming home. I tried to keep things civil b/w himself & i for Liya’s sake but they exploited my kindness, decided to act like illiterates & his mum’s criminal act won’t go unpunished.” she said.

Her baby daddy, Izuchukwu Ehiemere, had initially denied the abduction. In his side of the story, he claimed that both party were aware that the child would be taken to Nigeria by his mum.

http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/alas-court-orders-liya-be-returned-her-mum/
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Trinxie(f): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hold it ya'll....this woman has found her daughter...and I guess that's the good news. So can we stop chopping off our heads on arguing about a issue that won't bring us any form of
award....

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by tobyte24: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
hvguj
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Waspy(m): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2014
So much of back and forths and loads of cowdungs in here angry . Some pple can be so annoyingly stewpid. Gaddem angry angry I saw the very first thread and how lotta pple gave the dog a bad name just because they want it killed. Thank God for the verdict. Wish the mother and her daughter are reconciled asap

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by remsonik(f): 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
F117AA:
I expect the grand-ma to hire a brilliant lawyer and get the case thrown out in Nigeria.
Naive girl.
Fighting a legal battle in the UK , when the opponent live and earn a living in far away Nigeria.
Have you forgotten the child is a british citizen. Even if the woman goes to court in nigeria she will still lose the case. All the UK government need to do is to send interpol to come get the child here in nigeria. Once the child is reconciled with her mother its none of their business anymore if the court in naija likes let them set her free

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Raiders: 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
Most people here should not be quick to pass judgement. There is always two sides to every story.. I think the grandmother bought the child to Nigeria for a reason. Maybe the child mom is an unfit parent. It would be difficult for her to get her grandchild legally if she and her son are based in Nigeria and if they are not UK citizens. I don't think the court ruling makes any different to Nigeria because civil cases in Britain has no effect in Nigeria. Only a Nigeria judge can send the child back to UK
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by kandiikane(m): 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:
@busybody2,

Remember the lady sued the IBO man to court to get child support? and IBO man is saying he can only cater for the child if he has full custody. On what defective grounds will the case be thrown out? on grounds that they are not legally married or on grounds that it is impossible for the man to father the child?

Are the interpol in Nigeria not Nigerians? are they whites? you see if I'm the father of Liya and the court issues a warrant of arrest on me for not paying child support and I reside in Nigeria, they should just forget it cuz if I say I don't have money , I don't have! and I'm ready to proof it beyond reasonable doubt.

The laws in Europe/America favors women but you see, the law in Nigeria favors Men.

@bolded, Unless you can prove that the woman is an unfit mother I don't see how they will take you seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Raiders: 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
remsonik:

Have you forgotten the child is a british citizen. Even if the woman goes to court in nigeria she will still lose the case. All the UK government need to do is to send interpol to come get the child here in nigeria. Once the child is reconciled with her mother its none of their business anymore if the court in naija likes let them set her free
I don't think interpol would get invovle in this case because child custody cases are civil cases and not a criminal case. Only a Nigerian court can send the child back to UK because she is also a Nigerian too. I think the child mom should have gone to Nigeria court rather than a UK court since the grandparents and child father are based in Nigeria
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by tobyte24: 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2014
hi u really loves
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by remsonik(f): 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
Raiders:
I don't think interpol would get invovle in this case because child custody cases are civil cases and not a criminal case. Only a Nigerian court can send the child back to UK because she is also a Nigerian too. I think the child mom should have gone to Nigeria court rather than a UK court since the grandparents and child father are based in Nigeria

If liya isn't 8 years old yet then the courts here will rule the case in her favor
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Ahmeduana(m): 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
bennyrazz:
For example, I'm a big IBO trader, importer/exporter of all kinds of goods. I have 3 wives and all what they have given me as children are all girls. Imagine a whole me have 17 girls? If my first wife had given me just one boy, I won't have married a second wife same thing with the third but non of them have given me a male child. All I have are girls, its not that I am not greatful to God but who would carry on with the family legacy when I have no child to bear my name? In my desperation to get a male child, I decided to be sleeping with all kinds of women. There's this girl that sells banana that use to come to my shop, I just said I should try my luck on her and luckily she got pregnant and gave me a boy. I was the most happiest man on earth. Look at me, a 57yrs old man. I finally have a son. For the past four years I have been taking care of the child and her mother, I rented a 3bedroom flat for them somewhere in Lagos, I furnished it to taste. I made extremely sure that my son and her mother never lacked anything. For a man of my status, I can't marry an illiterate so I have asked the mother to go back to school to write her ssce exams (waec) I will finance everything up to the university and she has refused. Though my son is in one of the best private school in Lagos but the boy can't speak proper English because his mother speaks bad English to him. I have asked the mother to allow me take custody of the child while she returns back to school but her and her family have said no except I take their daughter as my fourth wife. I said no problem but their daughter have to go back to school before I can marry her. They refused. Now I went to pick my son from school the other day and I took him home so that his sisters could know him and probably pass the night, I called the mother on phone to tell her. The following morning, Police men with my son's mother were knocking at my door alleging that I kidnapped my son from school. I was taking to the police station but I was granted bail on self recognition. I was so angry that I decided not to foot my son and mother's bill any longer. Their house rent expired, I did not renew. I refused to pay my son's school fees for the new term. So he has been sitting at home. Anytime my son's mother call me, I ask her to go back to hawking banana on the street to carter for her needs. Her family have called me severally to insult me on phone I just did not reply them. The other day, my son's mother came to my shop with a Lawyer to give me a letter summoning me to court
They do not know that my first wife is a Lawyer. A very good kind understanding woman, How I wish she bore me a son. The following week we were in court, my son's mother lawyer was asking the Judge to compel me to carter for the upkeep of my child financially. And my first wife whom is my lawyer was asking the court custody of the child to enable me carter for the child financially and anything less than that means they get no kobo from me. If she wants to keep the child fine, she takes care of his upkeep.

Now as a Judge, aisha2 how do you Judge this matter when the man has said he would not provide money for his child upkeep simply because he doesn't have custody of the child and his child is not been brought up in the way and woman is insisting no way. I keep custody of the child man foots the Bill.
WHEN YOU DEY la-la-ki-bo YOU NO KNOW SAY THE GIRL NO GO SCHOOL?

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Durchmann(m): 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nairaland legal luminaries, I have a scenario too for you guys to decide on.
A man is married via customary rites to a lady and they have a son just about 18 months old. After a strong misunderstanding, they both decide to break up the marriage but the lady takes the boy with her. This was not agreed but it happened that way. After the matter had been discussed and deliberated by the man's family, they communicated to the lady's family that they should ensure that the boy is well-catered for. Two days later, the lady returns the boy to the man, who in turn takes the boy to his parents in order for him to be raised properly while him(the father) caters for his upkeep. Now the lady decides to come pick the boy from time to time to take him to her home which the man believes is unsafe and unwelcome for the bot to be raised in. What would you advise the man to doin this scenario? What actions can he take legal as he still foots the child's upkeep singlehandedly while his parents are saddled with the responsibility of raising the child, a task that they have been saddled with due to the fracas between the man and lady?
Legal advices are required please...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria / Black Snake In My WC / "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.