Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:16 AM

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 (38834 Views)

Strike Back Season 5!!! Its Back / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by toluxa1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
But that picture is not from Game of thrones, it's from Pompeii where he and "John snow" coincidentally acted together.

https://www.nairaland.com/1956722/brand-new-ainol-ax3-16gb

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by toluxa1(m): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Abdul9025:
I jst want to know what's so special about this Games of Throne...I have been watching but can't figure out..

But I like the sex scene sha

No let Seun catch you ooo. He can ban you for 1 million years for this your comment.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Aida13: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
toluxa1:
But that picture is not from Game of thrones, it's from Pompeii where he and "John snow" coincidentally acted together.

I'm sure it's obvious to 99 per cent of us that this can't be from a Game of Thrones season 5 episode, as they probably haven't even started shooting. For now they will be selecting the cast to handle the new characters we'll need to see from the books - that will show up to join our usual favorites.

The OP simply needed a pic to at least help us visualize the actor in an environment similar to Game of Thrones (luckily, also with another GoT cast member in tow).

1 Like

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Aida13: 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
lukmonolakunmi:

Doctore in Spartacus

This same guy in pompeii

The black ifa guy that was beheaded with his head flying like a ball in 300Spartans

And many like that.. the white always looking down on us blacks.

it's true some black characters get to play some really dumb roles in blockbusters, but that's only 50% of the time.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Adebisi!!! I like this guy in OZ.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
Odunharry:
Mhen that guy big like house o...no be today na,Sir Elyan(Adetomiwa Edun) in Merlin Episode is also Nigerian..

Nigerians are always representing everywhere around d world
hmmm not sure bout that. They are only Nigerian by name.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
toluxa1:

https://www.nairaland.com/1956722/brand-new-ainol-ax3-16gb
true. I just realized that too. All these penny and kobo bloggers sha. Deceiving people to draw traffic to their blogs.

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
saxywale:

hmmm not sure bout that. They are only Nigerian by name.

Are you sure about that? The Adetomiwa Edun guy was born in Nigeria, and he moved to the UK when he was like 11. So, how is he just Nigerian by name?

Adewale Agbaje has always been connected to his Nigerian roots, since his parents came back to get him from his foster parents. Hence his full Yoruba names.

You can't choose an identity for folks, let them decide who they're and who they want to be.

1 Like

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Anyway, too bad I don't watch Game of Thrones.

But Simon Adebisi will always be a legend.

I also liked his characters in Thor and Pompeii.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by coogar: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

Are you sure about that? The Adetomiwa Edun guy was born in Nigeria, and he moved to the UK when he was like 11. So, how is he just Nigerian by name?

Adewale Agbaje has always been connected to his Nigerian roots, since his parents came back to get him from his foster parents. Hence his full Yoruba names.

You can choose an identity for folks, let them decide who they're and who they want to be.

he listens to nigerian music.
he has a top 10 list of nigerian music on MTV some years ago. he knows p-square, d-banj, etc. his command of yoruba language is impeccable. he tries as much as possible to speak yoruba when he gets the chance - he spoke yoruba in bourne identity & plenty of times on oz!

how's he not nigerian?
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

he listens to nigerian music.
he has a top 10 list of nigerian music on MTV some years ago. he knows p-square, d-banj, etc. his command of yoruba language is impeccable. he tries as much as possible to speak yoruba when he gets the chance - he spoke yoruba in bourne identity & plenty of times on oz!

how's he not nigerian?

Have you even heard him pronounce his full names? You can't be more Yoruba than that, and I'm sure a lot of folks who claim to be Nigerian just because they were there can't even speak the darn language as good as the guy. Yet folks still want to question the guy's identity - laughable.

There are tons of Nigerians from Nigeria who can't speak their native language, and speaking proper English is a myth for them. What should we call these folks? Beasts of no nation? grin

London stand the fvck up!! We're dominating hollywood - where Nigerian Americans at? How can naija Londoners be dominating you in your backyard? grin
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by legendary4luv(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
OP stop lying,this movie is pompeii not game of throne season 5......u can lie ooooo
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by tintingz(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
tuagbo:
This post is unnecessary.He identifies very well with "we people" eventhough he wasn't raised in Nigeria.Continue grumbling and hissing
He's always represent Nigeria in most of his movies.

If you have watched OZ season film, he acted as a Nigerian named Adebisi.

In Lost he acted as a Nigerian named Mr. Eko.

We should appreciate his good work, he's reping Naija in top Hollywood movies.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by tintingz(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

one more reason to watch GOT!

he was the bomb in oz. the show lost its charm when he died in season 4. simon adebisi - "teach me how to rhyme, nigeria, gonorrohea, diarrhoea" grin cheesy
I love his character in OZ.

"My name is Adebisi" with that his accent. grin
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Isk(f): 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
And so did this guy too.... He is a new Lannister....
cheesy grin lmao hahahaha
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by coogar: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

Have you even heard him pronounce his full names? You can't be more Yoruba than that, and I'm sure a lot of folks who claim to be Nigerian just because they were there can't even speak the darn language as good as the guy. Yet folks still want to question the guy's identity - laughable.

There are tons of Nigerians from Nigeria who can't speak their native language, and speaking proper English is a myth for them. What should we call these folks? Beasts of no nation? grin

London stand the fvck up!! We're dominating hollywood - where Nigerian Americans at? How can naija Londoners be dominating you in your backyard? grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ywuS64MdM

that's him in oz singing in yoruba "oluwa wa ranmi lowo" after getting locked up in solitary for leading a prison riot. he has to be the most talented nigerian actor. the show lost it's flavour when he died - although i was told he got a role in mummy(part 2) and there was no way he could continue being part of the cast in oz so they had to kill him in the plot.

tintingz:
I love his character in OZ.
"My name is Adebisi" with that his accent. grin

he's the baddest guy there.
what didn't he do? drugs, murder, putting bottles in someone's food, he even räped someone. simon adebisi is crazy.

1 Like

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by funshyboi(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
gabinogem:
he's a great actor. ... I just started watching the game of throne series & I'm already addicted to it....I believe adewale will do well in the series.
same here
Too
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by puyaca(m): 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
That's Simon Adebisi ! Who has seen OZ ? (That's the name on the street for Oswald maximum security penitentiary )
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Omimah: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Simon Adebisi in OZ.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

that's him in oz singing in yoruba "oluwa wa ranmi lowo" after getting locked up in solitary for leading a prison riot. he has to be the most talented nigerian actor. the show lost it's flavour when he died - although i was told he got a role in mummy(part 2) and there was no way he could continue being part of the cast in oz so they had to kill him in the plot.

what didn't he do? drugs, murder, putting bottles in someone's food, he even räped someone. simon adebisi is crazy.

Apart from "The Wire" which is basically in a league of its own. OZ is up there on my best TV series ever! The show just never garnered the same publicity as "The Wire" or even "Prison Break." If it had, Simon Adebisi would've been on the same level of notoriety as other TV characters like: Omar, Avon Barksdale, Stringer Bell etc. who became urban legends afterwards.

Simon Adebisi is a freaking legend, especially the funny hat at the back of his head, that never dropped, despite his madness. The accent, the dance, and he was super ganagsta - legend right there.

I won't cal him the most talented naija actor, since he's more into action and adventure movies/TV-series, because he's more of physical force of nature. And he never studied acting - he studied Law. Got discovered in Uni by a modelling agency, and he moved from modelling to acting. Unlike Chiwetel Ejiofor who's more of a Professional Actor, and actually studied Theatre Art.

1 Like

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Omimah: 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
sparkymummy:
Adebisi!!! I like this guy in OZ.
Simon Adebisi. My interest in that series declined a bit when Adebisi and Said died.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Omimah: 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:
Anyway, too bad I don't watch Game of Thrones.

But Simon Adebisi will always be a legend.

I also liked his characters in Thor and Pompeii.

Is the Season 6 of OZ out?
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by coogar: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

Apart from "The Wire" which is basically in a league of its own. OZ is up there on my best TV series ever! The show just never garnered the same publicity as "The Wire" or even "Prison Break." If it had, Simon Adebisi would've been on the same level of notoriety as other TV characters like: Omar, Avon Barksdale, Stringer Bell etc. who became urban legends afterwards.

Simon Adebisi is a freaking legend, especially the funny hat at the back of his head, that never dropped, despite his madness. The accent, the dance, and he was super ganagsta - legend right there.

I won't cal him the most talented naija actor, since he's more into action and adventure movies/TV-series, because he's more of physical force of nature. And he never studied acting - he studied Law. Got discovered in Uni by a modelling agency, and he moved from modelling to acting. Unlike Chiwetel Ejiofor who's more of a Professional Actor, and actually studied Theatre Art.

oz was so far ahead of its time.
if it were to drop in the last 5 years, simon adebisi would have been as legendary as hannibal lektor. prison break?? michael schofield will not survive 2 hours in oz. grin cheesy

i blame the producers & the writers - they should have been a little bit more patient till when TV shows are now global & are being viewed from every continent. most people have never heard of oz & they believe prison break is the best show ever.

none of the inmates in prison break will last one hour in oz. adebisi, o'riley, schilinger, tobias beecher & that italian mafian that crucified a jew upside down. too many sick characters on oz. it's the best TV show ever.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
pretydiva:
Don't knw him undecided
neither do we. But we are fans of GOT. smiley
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Omimah:

Is the Season 6 of OZ out?

I doubt there will ever be a season 6.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by TonySpike: 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ywuS64MdM

That song is so funny...Oluwa wa ranmilowo
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
Omimah:

Simon Adebisi. My interest in that series declined a bit when Adebisi and Said died.
That's even where I stopped.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
And so did this guy too.... He is a new Lannister....

LWKMD .....ROTFL HAHAHAH
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Omimah: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

I doubt there will ever be a season 6.
But the series appears inconclusive at the end of season 5. How I miss the different groups: bikers, negroes, Arians, muslims, etc.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by YurFatHer: 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
kazmanbanjoko:
I no know wetin them see for the film self. Game of thrones ko, games of seats ni. undecided
even me sef. undecided
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

oz was so far ahead of its time.
if it were to drop in the last 5 years, simon adebisi would have been as legendary as hannibal lektor. prison break?? michael schofield will not survive 2 hours in oz. grin cheesy

i blame the producers & the writers - they should have been a little bit more patient till when TV shows are now global & are being viewed from every continent. most people have never heard of oz & they believe prison break is the best show ever.

none of the inmates in prison break will last one hour in oz. adebisi, o'riley, schilinger, tobias beecher & that italian mafian that crucified a jew upside down. too many sick characters on oz. it's the best TV show ever.

Word! Ditto "The Wire" and a host of other TV series. Far better than all the junk on TV these days, especially those IQ reducing reality TV shows. Of late, apart "Scandal" - which is more of on and off thing for TV - TV is just basically dead. We need more classic TB series.

Also, they always bring these shows to the UK kind of late. OZ didn't even get here till like 2002. And The Wire got here in like 04/05. I'm not even going to lie - I bought both on iTunes at first, and later bought the DVD packs for both at WHSmith.

Prison Break? - that's like the most overrated TV series ever! I never went past season 2 - just didn't know what the hype was about, to be honest. I think Michael Scofield got everyone hoodwinked and locked into it, especially the chics. And once chics are into something - trust guys to always go wherever chics go. grin You forgot Supreme Allah, Poet, the Muslim brotherhood, Latin Kings, and the gays. Classic TV series right there. But "The Wire" is still the best ever!
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Omimah: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
TonySpike:

That song is so funny...Oluwa wa ranmilowo
The cop that saw was like "jeez, what a fvck." I believe he was mastvrbating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I May Destroy You’: Weruche Opia Stars In HBO's Drama Of The Year / Photos Of Tboss' Lookalike Sister Wendy, Her Daughter & Boyfriend Of 10 Years / BBNaija: Cee-C Looking At Tobi And BamBam As They Hang Out Together (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.