Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon (31631 Views)

80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Yakubu Gowon's Son, Musa, Returns After 22Years In Prison / Obasanjo, Ambode At 80th Birthday Of Adebutu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by nijanigga: 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
He's the architect of Nigeria's problems. No blueprint for economic developments, no foresight to get a credit of a founding father, no plan for civilian govt, he introduced "odogi" inadvertently introduced corruption. The guy came unprepared to rule Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by smoothpapuzy(m): 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
What he killed millions of children for is the Nigeria we live in today.I wonder how Biafra would have been today if he had allowed that dream to cone true.
Its a shame Nigerians don't know there history. Hbd sha, but you killed the hope of Africa because the biafrains were the only people to survive without international help.
May the souls of all the departed biafrains rest in peace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
henryobinna:
omo!
is this true?
Yes my bruv.I was the ONLY one showing excitement.I was the ONLY onethat took pics with him.I felt like a fool,am telling you.Maybe because the passengers are majorly business men and women.Omo dem bone am.After plane touch ground,every carry thier bag waka as if smtn dey pursue them.

5 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Youngzedd(m): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 0merta(m): 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
merrygorou:
Please who is Yakubu Gowon? embarassed

The Nigerian military head of state between 1966 and 1975.

He won the 1971 Nobel prize in Peace for his role in the extermination of Biafran rebels and in the restoration of Peace in a civil-war ravaged Nigeria.

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by spartoo: 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
I thought this man is dead
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Youngzedd(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
lynpetra:
Yes my bruv.I was the ONLY one showing excitement.I was the ONLY onethat took pics with him.I felt like a fool,am telling you.Maybe because the passengers are majorly business men and women.Omo dem bone am.After plane touch ground,every carry thier bag waka as if smtn dey pursue them.

It's because they knew him too well, which in the other hand you don't.

Who in his clear conscience huge an active transformer.

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Octaves(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
The blood of the people he massacred between 1967 and 1970 will forever torment him. Have a terrible birthday!

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Youngzedd:

It's because they knew him too well, which in the other hand you don't.

Who in his clear conscience huge an active transformer.
GUESS SO.That experience made me realise that,that Genocide affected the minds of several Nigerians no matter the affiliations.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by oduaboy1: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
lynpetra:
HBD sir,i hqppen to board a commercial airline with you,i took pictures with you,i was happy i touched a one time president of my country.Unfortunately,the rest of the passengers pretended as if you dont exist!I went back to my seat in concealed shame.I thought you were 'highly' celebrated.I was wrong.
That plane was filled with ibos grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
oduaboy1:
That plane was filled with ibos grin grin grin grin grin
oh boy!na lasgidi,Abuja flight na.Na everybody dey inside.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by omololu2020(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
onila:
nonsense man
flat head,is dat all u hav to say.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by oduaboy1: 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
lynpetra:
oh boy!na lasgidi,Abuja flight na.Na everybody dey inside.
Abeg Nigerians appreciate what he did for the country,The only people having a grouse with him are the bloody seccessionist from the east of the Niger grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Lucasbalo(m): 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
imas:
I hope he dies a miserable death.
That's nice of you wishing someone a miserable death. Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by sarutobie(m): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
oduaboy1:
Abeg Nigerians appreciate what he did for the country,The only people having a grouse with him are the bloody seccessionist from the east of the Niger grin grin grin grin
of course nigerians appreciate it, the " bloody secessionist" from the east of the niger appreciate it more..one Nigeria has afforded them the opportunity to set camp in your backyard, it has afforded them the opportunity to buy up your 'supposed inheritance' from your fathers and grandfathers. .hurrah to yakubu gowon! hurrah to one Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by redcliff: 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
msmon:
Dear Ikenna351, Afam4eva,
OAM4J and Seun.

A thread about Wande Coal birthday was on FP yesterday, I suppose this post should make FP to celebrate the youngest ever african leader.

*Modified:*

Oh! Thanks for your prompt response moderators. And I really appreciate the edit work you did to make this post a much finer work.

I dont understand why you have to beg for frontpage space..if your thread deserves it, it would. Stop being so cheap..damn..
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by oduaboy1: 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
sarutobie:

of course nigerians appreciate it, the " bloody secessionist" from the east of the niger appreciate it more..one Nigeria has afforded them the opportunity to set camp in your backyard, it has afforded them the opportunity to buy up your 'supposed inheritance' from your fathers and grandfathers. .hurrah to yakubu gowon! hurrah to one Nigeria!
Lol you wish,Bloody cheastbeaters,Your fellow ibo comrades on nairaland all claim to be landlords in southwest but alas!when their @pictures were busted they were just useless paupers who can't even afford to buy a plot of land in yorubaland.Awon omo olori pelebe grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Billygee2u: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
msmon:
Dear Ikenna351, Afam4eva,
OAM4J and Seun.

A thread about Wande Coal birthday was on FP yesterday, I suppose this post should make FP to celebrate the youngest ever african leader.

*Modified:*

Oh! Thanks for your prompt response moderators. And I really appreciate the edit work you did to
make this post a much finer work.
who told you the he was the youngest ?haven't you heard about the Bukina Faso guy ?
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Lucasbalo(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
How come some of the people blaming Gowon never see any reason to blame Ojukwu?. They are the two main characters in the destructive civil war ?. I guess why ?. Nigeria will never move forward until all this tribal jingoism is thrown into the dustbin of history where it belongs.

7 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by searchcorp(m): 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
That man should be tried for genocide in an international court.

Anyways, seeing today is sunday. I say "Happy Birthday. If you happen to live long enough then you might one day be tried for genocide."
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by fairheven: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
ebdib:
Nigerian youths wishing the men that took their future hbd.

I laugh in swahili
Our usual style of celebrating mediocrity;the guy had opportunities to turn this country to a developed country,he squandered our commonwealth,after telling us that "our problem is not money but how to spend it"...obviously clueless on wat to invest our wealth on...for 9yrswat happened in Ghana(the Rawlings example )shud happen to this guys...my opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by sarutobie(m): 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
oduaboy1:
Lol you wish,Bloody cheastbeaters,Your fellow ibo comrades on nairaland all claim to be landlords in southwest but alas!when their @pictures were busted they were just useless paupers who can't even afford to buy a plot of land in yorubaland.Awon omo olori pelebe grin grin grin grin grin
ohh you err..your comrades on nairaland are wailing and gnashing their teeth...screaming marginalisation and take over by the " bloody secessionist" east of the niger..
www.nairaland.com/1862668/igbos-want-dominate-yorubas-lagos
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by Omimah: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
Happy birthday.
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by lordnammy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
This man will not die in peace and thing will go well generations unborn
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by lordnammy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
This man will not die in peace and thing will go well generations unborn
Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by conyema12(m): 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
Nigerians continue to pay a heavy price for allowing those who slaughtered women including pregnant women, children, innocent civilians and engaged in rapes, a needless war and other unconscionable barbarities that violate all norms of law and natural justice go scot free. It has fundamentally debased our society and created a Frankenstein of injustice and impunity that is devouring the nation. It has also nurtured and consolidated a culture of violence.  With no social, economic or political justice, Nigeria resembles more a jungle than a human society. This is the 21st century and if we desire to march along with the rest of the world in advancing human civilisation, it is necessary and urgent to bring Yakubu Gowon and his accomplices to trial for only by such a reckoning can Nigeria be freed from the demons of her past and unshackled from the prison of monumental injustice and impunity in which she remains presently chained.

4 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by 01karma(m): 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
So he killed millions for the Nigeria we are living today. I tell you solemly, you would die a mesirable dead and your body would be eatten by sahara vultures, Nigeria that you fight for would never know peace!!

Biafra would reign again.... angry

2 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by kingthreat(m): 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
Happy 80 birthday Yakubu Gowon. Thanks for not giving in to that bearded haughty man, who thought because he went to Harvard, you were inferior. At the end, he had to flee to Abidjan.
You made history. Our Abe Lincoln of our time.

8 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by oduaboy1: 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
sarutobie:

ohh you err..your comrades on nairaland are wailing and gnashing their teeth...screaming marginalisation and take over by the " bloody secessionist" east of the niger..
www.nairaland.com/1862668/igbos-want-dominate-yorubas-lagos
Stop deluding yourself,Which takeover?Is sparepart and petty trading takeover.You guys control nada.Oya run to alaba and ladipo and go pay homage to babaloja grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 80th Birthday Of General Yakubu Gowon by davidflipcy(m): 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
smoothpapuzy:
What he killed millions of children for is the Nigeria we live in today.I wonder how Biafra would have been today if he had allowed that dream to cone true.
Its a shame Nigerians don't know there history. Hbd sha, but you killed the hope of Africa because the biafrains were the only people to survive without international help.
May the souls of all the departed biafrains rest in peace.
blame Ojukwu for leading you guys astray.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Be In Trouble If PDP Wins- Buhari / Throwback Video: Even Buhari Does Not Know The Meaning Of APC - Akpabio / Bilal Adamu Halilu: DSS Arrests Convener Of "Arewa Lives Matter"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.