Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:53 PM

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (57274 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2014
There were strong indications at the
weekend that the All Progressives
Congress ( APC ) may have decided to pair
incumbent Governor of Lagos State ,
Babatunde Raji Fashola, with the party ’ s
frontrunner in next month’ s presidential
primaries- General Muhammadu Buhari .
Buhari Fashola

Top sources at the party’ s national
secretariat in Abuja told Sunday
Independent that the members were
encouraged to step up the game after the
large turn out that graced Buhari ’ s
declaration of Wednesday .

From the event and judging by the large
turnout of who is who in the party , they
reasoned, it was evident that most of the
members were favourably disposed to the
candidacy of Buhari .

At the event were four governors: Fashola,
Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers , Tanko Al Makura
of Nasarawa and Adams Oshiomhole of
Edo States; just as there were other
prominent members of the party at
Buhari’ s declaration at Eagles Square on
Wednesday .

Asked whether the party was mindful of
the Muslim /Muslim ticket debate still
raging at the moment , the source said the
party has been making wide range
discussions on the issue apart from
consulting religious and opinion leaders
across the country.

“Yes, we are mindful of the mood in the
country presently . But we are also
conscious of the fact that the country’ s
future is more important than every other
thing ; that is why we have not finalised
the arrangement of pairing Fashola with
Buhari. But you can be sure that after our
consultations, the nation’ s paramount
interests would be the deciding factor and
not religion”, the source, who craved
anonymity said .

Before now , there were speculations that
the APC was considering a strong Christian
from the Southwest to pair with a Muslim
presidential candidate from the core North .
The permutation appears to have changed
with the series of meetings that are being
held in Abuja and Lagos between the party
leaders.

It was gathered that at one of the
meetings held in Victoria Island , Lagos last
week , after over six hours , former governor
of the state and APC National Leader ,
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Fashola were
said to have agreed on the candidacy of
Mr. Akin Ambode to carry the party ’ s flag
in February .

Before now , the governor was implicitly
backing his Commissioner for Works and
Infrastructure, Dr Femi Hamzat to replace
him at the Alausa, Ikeja , governor’ s office.
At the venue of the agreement said to have
been brokered by party elders , Sunday
Independent learnt that the chieftains
made Fashola and Tinubu to realise why
they must find a middle ground and work
together in the interest of the party, both
at the state and at the national levels .

A source at the meeting said the elders
impressed it on the governor that there is
a link between his success in office and
the role played by his mentor , Tinubu in
the past years.

The party’ s source added that the elders
also made Tinubu understand that the
governor has made the party and every one
proud, and therefore deserved to be
supported for a national ticket .

“The meeting urged Tinubu to begin
mobilisation to make sure Fashola is
paired with any candidate that eventually
emerged at the party’ s convention . They
said it would not be too difficult to sell the
candidature of the governor, since most of
his colleagues already referred to him as
‘ class captain , ” the source said .

He added : “The meeting agreed that
Fashola should support Tinubu given his
pragmatism and consistency in building
party structures in Lagos, Southwest and
across the country. The elders also
appealed to both leaders to work together
in unity , for the interest of the party.“
Even so , it was gathered that pressure is
being mounted on other aspirants to
withdraw from the race to ensure Ambode
emerges consensus candidate at the poll.

This is why , according to another party
leader in the state , many of the aspirants
are not rushing to buy nomination forms.
The APC leader said the party wants to
avoid a rancorous primary , and have
therefore appealed to the governorship
aspirants to see the reality on ground and
withdraw for Ambode.

It is not however clear if the aspirants are
willing to forgo their ambition. While some
have vowed to continue , insisting that the
party should ensure a level playing, others
are believed to be strongly weighing the
option, and may leave the race this week .

The matter may not be as simple as that ,
after Lagos Assembly Speaker , Adeyemi
Ikuforiji picked his nomination form on
Saturday, just like Obafemi Hamzat,
Commissioner for Works , while Senator
Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon is not known
to have jettisoned his life - long ambition to
govern the centre of excellence, but
whether any of them can sail through
without Tinubu in APC is another issue.

www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/2015-apc-considers-buhari-fashola-ticket/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 7:11am On Oct 19, 2014
its just a mere rumour its will be buhari/ameachi ticket.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by okosodo: 7:16am On Oct 19, 2014
muslim-muslim will not work

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Freest(m): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2014
Smh*
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by str8talk1: 7:23am On Oct 19, 2014
okosodo:
GBAM!

13 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by dunkem21(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2014
Like I said before, they want to sample our opinions and revert to their paymasters.

I will not comment till they present a muslim/muslim ticket; Then I will ask a million and one questions.

Till then.

#dorofreshair

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 19, 2014
okosodo:

It will not work with you and those sold on religion sentiment over the issue of ability to perform.....but it will work for millions of Nigerians that are not bothered about Muslim/Christian Christian /Muslim Muslim/Muslim Christian/Chrisitan nonsense.

If paired, I assure you that many pastors in SW will campaign for the ticket inside their churches.

241 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by ratiken(m): 7:31am On Oct 19, 2014
APC lacks the grassroot structure to win a presidential election irrespective of who they present.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by philantoxx(m): 7:31am On Oct 19, 2014
not a religious bigot,but I think Christians won't take kindly to an all Muslim ticket.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by ratiken(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

It will not work with you and those sold on religion sentiment over the issue of ability to perform.....but it will work for millions of Nigerians that are not bother about Muslim/Christian Christian /Muslim Muslim/Muslim Christian/Chrisitan nonsense.

If paired, I assured you that many pastors in SW will campaign for the ticket inside their churches.

Until you understand the major roles religion and tribal sentiments play in Nigeria's politics, you are still a newbie. Over 85% of Nigerian voters vote along these lines....... Don't be decieved that the 15% that care less due to enlightenement will decide the votes...No. Even your politicians know that.

NB: Fashola's popularity in lagos does not equate national popularity and acceptance. As a matter of fact, Oshiomole has more national appeal. However, APC still lacks the grassroot structure to dislodge PDP/ GEJ. If they play their cards right, might be lucky in 2019.

128 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 19, 2014
ratiken:

Until you understand the major roles religion and tribal sentiments play in Nigeria's politics, you are still a newbie. Over 85% of Nigerian voters vote along these lines....... Don't be decieved that the 15% that care less due to enlightenement will decide the votes...No. Even your politicians know that.

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intolerance resides are in the North and SS/SE and NEVER in the SW.

SE/SS votes are already on locked down for GEJ.....so there is little APC will do to appease those two regions.....the North is weighing heavily for APC....the battle ground is the SW.....all you need is a person with good record of political office, and that is very popular to unlock the idle voters in the region to come out and vote....FASHOLA meets the criteria.

Just like most yorubas..I have Muslims and Christians in my own household...living amicably without rancour, so why should we allow foreign religion to determine who to vote for against competency.

Forget your bullshytee religions when it comes to SW....

215 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by HisSexcellency(m): 7:47am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

It will not work with you and those sold on religion sentiment over the issue of ability to perform.....but it will work for millions of Nigerians that are not bother about Muslim/Christian Christian /Muslim Muslim/Muslim Christian/Chrisitan nonsense.

If paired, I assured you that many pastors in SW will campaign for the ticket inside their churches.
wake up sleepy head, its 7:30 am.
If apc light they should add three vice presidents (fashola, adams and amaechi) to buhari's presidency i dont give a hoot. By their acts you shall know them

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 19, 2014
A welcome development.

Sai Buhari/Fashola 2015

#Hope 2015
#I-Believe

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 19, 2014
HisSexcellency:

wake up sleepy head, its 7:30 am.
If apc light they should add three vice presidents (fashola, adams and amaechi) to buhari's presidency i dont give a hoot. By their acts you shall know them

You don't.......at least you only have your own vote.

33 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by anonimi: 7:59am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intolerance resides are in the North and SS/SW and NEVER in the SW.

SE/SS votes are already on locked down for GEJ.....so there is little APC will do to appease those two regions.....the North is weighing heavily for APC....the battle ground is the SW.....all you need is a person with good record of political office, and that is very popular to unlock the idle voters in the region to come out and vote....FASHOLA meets the criteria.

Just like most yorubas..I have Muslims and Christians in my own household...living amicably without rancour, so why should we allow foreign religion to determine who to vote for against competency.

Perhaps correct until Aregberascal showed up in Osun and started fuelling religious unrest with his school merger policy and other clueless antics.
A governor who cannot build more schools to ensure ALL our children are educated was playing religious pranks on us shocked
Very useless man indeed.

28 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by BRAV0O(m): 8:13am On Oct 19, 2014
Apc should go ahead with any best candidate that suit the VP slot not all region in nigeria are religion fanatic like pdp portray to the media , most especially SW region , my dad is a muslim (alhaji precisely) even with that his wife (my mum) and all of his children are christians , as long as we serve one God , We SW pple see muslims and christians as one beside foreign doctrine for that matter!

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by ratiken(m): 8:19am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intolerance resides are in the North and SS/SW and NEVER in the SW.

'STORY FOR THE GODS'. Present a muslim/ muslim ticket and watch pdp suspend all campaigns cos you would have done all the campaign for them...... Especially in this era of bokoharam and ISIS

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 19, 2014
ratiken:

'STORY FOR THE GODS'. Present a muslim/ muslim ticket and watch pdp suspend all campaigns cos you would have done all the campaign for them...... Especially in this era of bokoharam and ISIS

Is religion Nigeria greatest headache? no

Corruption is about the greatest problem bedeviling this country today....it has bred poverty...religion acrimony and high level of insecurity.

Once you take care of corruption, you will reduce if not eliminate most of these problems.

Let PDP campaign using religion and allow APC to keep highlightin the ineptitude of this governemnt and see how that religion campaign works against PDP.

THE highest numbers of voters is coming from the North and SW.....and the blackmail of muslim muslim ticket will not fly in those places.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

Perhaps correct until Aregberascal showed up in Osun and started fuelling religious unrest with his school merger policy and other clueless antics.
A governor who cannot build more schools to ensure ALL our children are educated was playing religious pranks on us shocked
Very useless man indeed.

......and your clueless and useless PDP used this same nonsense in Osun and failed abysmally....the way you will fail again in 2015.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by poj(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2014
This is d best pairing one can think

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by poj(m): 8:32am On Oct 19, 2014
This is d best pairing one can think of for now. I m not sure what the bigots wl make of it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Pataki: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2014
As a certified born-again Christian, I will joyfully vote for Buhari/Fashola partnership for 2015.

I am motivated for change and not religious sentiments.

208 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2014
poj:
This is d best pairing one can think

Exactly....and this is the pairing that PDP political strategists and analysts dread most and pray should not come....and the reason they have been shouting over Muslim muslim ticket for eons.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

11 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by anonimi: 8:46am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

......and your clueless and useless PDP used this same nonsense in Osun and failed abysmally....the way you will fail again in 2015.

I am happy you used the word "nonsense" since you cannot use the word "lie" or "false".
Happy Sunday.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by temitopeadeyemo: 8:48am On Oct 19, 2014
Buhari-Fashola is the perfect fit for the Opposition. APC will win with a landslide if this happens. For people that think that a muslim/muslim ticket wont work should go back to Hope 93. Yorubas are generally a tolerant people. They have transcended beyond religious lines. They will vote for whoever they think will give them good governance. I am not sure if SE and SS will be able to see beyond religious and tribal sentiments but SW is always the battleground. I will urge many people to see beyond these sentiments and do what is right. I pray Buhari and Fashola ticket emerges. We shall then see an end to a clueless, purposeless, corruption ridden government.

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

I am happy you used the word "nonsense" since you cannot use the word "lie" or "false".
Happy Sunday.

You of all people should know very well that religion blackmail and propaganda will work the very least in the SW...

Religion campaign is a double edged sword that can work against anyone using it.

Good morning anon..

19 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 19, 2014
temitopeadeyemo:
Buhari-Fashola is the perfect fit for the Opposition. APC will win with a landslide if this happens. For people that think that a muslim/muslim ticket wont work should go back to Hope 93. Yorubas are generally a tolerant people. They have transcended beyond religious lines. They will vote for whoever they think will give them good governance. I am not sure if SE and SS will be able to see beyond religious and tribal sentiments but SW is always the battleground. I will urge many people to see beyond these sentiments and do what is right. I pray Buhari and Fashola ticket emerges. We shall then see an end to a clueless, purposeless, corruption ridden government.

What makes you think the ticket will win even if yoruba christians are okay with it? You make it look like there are no christians in the north in middle belt.It is even easier for christians in the SE/SS to vote in a muslim-muslim ticket than these northern xtians who have borne the brunt of the boko haram insurgency

58 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by anonimi: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

You of all people should know very well that religion blackmail and propaganda will work the very least in the SW...

Religion campaign is a double edged sword that can work against anyone using it.

Good morning anon..

have I said that "religion blackmail and propaganda will work" anywhere
I have simply pointed out the FACT of Aregberascal's clueless educational policy in Osun that caused religious chaos in the state.
No more, no less.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 19, 2014
chukwudi44:

What makes you think the ticket will win even if yoruba christians are okay with it? You make it look like there are no christians in the north in middle belt.It is even easier for christians in the SE/SS to vote in a muslim-muslim ticket than these northern xtians who have borne the brunt of the boko haram insurgency

....and the Christians in Kaduna have been bearing the brunt of the Boko Haram insurgency...while the C-I-C looks the other side because of the politics of 2015.

The Chibok girls are predominantly Christians who have been embarrassed, ridiculed, maligned and treated as outcasts by GEJ....a fellow Christian..do you think such mothers and fathers that PEJ insulted in Aso rock will ever pray that GEJ returns?

The consolidating opinion in the north right now.....regardless of religion is that this govt have a hand in the insecurity in the north.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

have I said that "religion blackmail and propaganda will work" anywhere
I have simply pointed out the FACT of Aregberascal's clueless educational policy in Osun that caused religious chaos in the state.
No more, no less.

grin grin grin grin

You don't need to say it explicitly....you are even implying it in the highlighted part of your comment.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2014
ratiken:
APC lacks the grassroot structure to win a presidential election irrespective of who they present.

Thank you

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Gistlover Apologises Sarcastically To Dino Melaye / Wike Declares Princewill Osaroejiji, Eleme PDP Youth Leader Wanted, N5M Bounty / Nigerian Troops Record Great Victory As They Clear Boko Haram Camps.graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.