Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria (85686 Views)

Re: US Company Mocking Nigeria With Ebola T-shirt: The Company (zazzle) Responds / Seatbelt T-Shirt Designed To Fool Police & Road Safety Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by ddeola: 6:31am On Oct 20, 2014
It's quite lousy really but the truth is that anytime they hear Africa outside what they think of is Nigeria.

The name Naija was meant to sell the lousy t-shirt
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Shollay20(m): 6:38am On Oct 20, 2014
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by coputa(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2014
Janeify:
Mock them back,if you can't,pretend like you didn't see it and walk away...it's simple
some overzelous people are mocking your country and you will just walk past,this is not patrotic,be concern about your country image,
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Janeify(f): 7:16am On Oct 20, 2014
coputa:
some overzelous people are mocking your country and you will just walk past,this is not patrotic,be concern about your country image,
Oya,kill yourself or better still sue them
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2014
Titiluvly:
A company in the US has described the current Ebola outbreak as a
‘hip new craze’ and has designed a souvenir T-Shirt which mocks
Nigeria

Ebola is ravaging across West Africa leaving destruction and death in
its wake but one American company thinks the disease is a ‘hip new
craze’ and has decided to profit from it by selling a “Nigerian Ebola
souvenir tee.”

The offending T-Shirt carries an inscription that reads:
"I went to Nigeria, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt and Ebola."

It was designed By MentalPoo of Salem, New Hampshire and is being
sold by Zazzle Apparel for $25.95(N4289.53).

The product description reads:
“Hop on the hip new Ebola craze! Tell everyone you're a world class
traveler AND probably have a deadly communicable disease with this
Nigerian souvenir tee!”

The disease, which has infected 2 Americans, killed 9 people in
Nigeria before it was contained and the country is set to be declared
officially Ebola-free on Monday, October 20 » .

Liberia , Guinea and Sierra Leone are still battling to end the scourge
which has claimed almost 4500 lives

http://pulse.ng/gist/heartless-us-company-makes-ebola-t-shirt-mocking-nigeria-id3207115.html?utm_campaign=heartless-us-company-makes-ebola-t-shirt-mocking-nigeria&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

get your facts right, thats a customized t-shirt website.
You are allowed to decide what texts, fonts and color you want on your shirt before checking out.

so they print it for you.
whoever took that screenshot is the bad guy here.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by ifeomabernard(f): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2014
When the fox can't get the grape it says its #Sour!
They're jealous of us, so they're tryin to ridicul us!
iterator25:
its official, the world hates nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by portix: 7:51am On Oct 20, 2014

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by ayztech(f): 7:59am On Oct 20, 2014
VivaLaFrans:
White men hates us, including the christians there (Caucasian christians). I joined one of their forums and introduced myself and all I recieved in return was insults. They call Nigerians fraudsters, HIV distributors and so on... They'll tell you that blacks were lesser beings compaired to the Caucasians. They say the three sons of Noah, Shem, Ham and Japhet, that Ham (who was cursed by Noah) was the father of blacks, Shem was the father of Asians and Middle East and the rest and Japhet was the father of the Caucasians... They are very silly people I tell you... The only way to fight back is by Mockery... When they mock you with what you are suffering from, mock them with what they are lacking. Thats the truth... I pity blacks who worship and treat white men as gods.

Which forum was that?
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by ayztech(f): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2014
[
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by HolyHolla(m): 8:12am On Oct 20, 2014
9JAgosurvive:
[b][size=20pt]Please there's been two hundred and six comments on this topic so far and over forty thousand views already,unfortunately Zazzle Apparel can not see NL -

So here's a better idea why not register your displeasure about this completely insensitive, wicked and outright foolishness by an American designer and company where they can see it and read it - I just did, and I wished them that - "for anyone who designed, sell and would buy this Tshirts and all the others ones on their website with Ebola written on it, may they find what they are looking for in multiple folds if they don't stop this foolishness".

GO to https://www.facebook.com/zazzle just imagine what forty or even a hundred thousand comments on their page can do ?

Let these guys know - they cant mock Nigeria or West Africans -even with Ebola, its a sad situation in those countries, yet we know this too will pass, it has already passed over Nigeria and by Gods grace and human efforts - the other countries in west africa still experiencing the virus, even including America will come out of it.
[/size][/b]

Good idea!!!

I just hit their message box with an appropriate response now.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by oaslink: 8:14am On Oct 20, 2014
Kylekent59:
U just wana cause conflict between nigeria and usa with this ur useless trend.. If u dnt ave a good news berra keep off. 2day is sunday ooo
u are sleeping to
d truth
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by HolyHolla(m): 8:19am On Oct 20, 2014
Michelle Gillespie, a US citizen wrote on his Facebook page:

"THIS IS WHAT THE UNITED STATES IS AFTER. TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THIS MAP... Sierra Leone is the World's Largest Supplier of Diamonds. For the Past 4 Months They Have Been on Strike, Refusing to Provide Diamonds Due to Horrible Working Conditions and Slave Pay. The West Will Not Pay a Fair Wage for the ResourcesBecause the Idea is to Keep These People Surviving on Rice Bags and Foreign AID So That They Remain a Source of Cheap Slave Labor Forever. A Reason Was Also Needed to Get Troops On the Ground In Sierra Leone to Force an End to the Diamond Miners Strikes. This is Not the First Time This Has Been Done. When Miners Refuse to Work Troops Are Sent In and Even If They Have to Kill and Replace Them All, the Only Desire is to Get Diamonds Back Flowing Out of the Country. Of Course to Launch Multiple Campaigns to Invade These Countries SeparatelyWould Be WAY Too Fishy. But Something Like "Ebola" Allows Access to an Entire Area Simultaneously..."

Call it a Conspiracy Theory, but the US is capable of any evil.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by ElFenomeno1: 8:27am On Oct 20, 2014
Nigerians...Smh
They jump up and roar like lions over trivial issues, but when it comes to the crunch or other pressing issues, hide under rocks and boulders!
Faaaacking idio...ts, channel your anger, frustrations and efforts into making the country better!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by gbishman: 8:33am On Oct 20, 2014
Its either the designer of the shirt is dumb or misinformed because Nigeria unlike anyother west African country which was struck with the virus handled the virus very efficiently which resulted in countries sending in congratulatory letters and speeches also coupled with the fact that even the US begged that Nigeria help educate and train their health personnel on effective ways of handling the virus.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by playboy19(m): 9:43am On Oct 20, 2014
Idrismusty97:
So? undecided If e pain u too much make your own T-shirt and mock them back. That is a private company and they didn't do anything wrong according to their law. You can't sue them. Just watch like television or mock them back! Besides that is done by an individual not the entire company itself. You can write whatever you want in a T-shirt and they will design it and send it to you. Go to www.Zazzle.com for more info.

Dude, you are an idiiiot and 'your generation is an azzhole'

If you reacted negatively to the above statement, then you are an hypocrite. If not, your statement is justified.
Logic: Nigeria is my root, so the statement on that T-shirt is a direct insult to myself, my root and my generation, this is why i directly insulted you and your generation and see how you react.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by NoContract(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2014
iterator25:

BE CAUSE WE HATE OURSELVES.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by NoContract(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2014
CityNG:

Based on what? Your gut feeling? grin

I'm telling you. Nairaland is filled with idi.ots.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Mutuwa(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
iterator25:

But we may triumph over them as and when practicable in some spheres or facets of life..like the nifty cure for ebola,to an extent that the world cower at nigeria inwards coz they are just too shy to show it outwardly going by the way they'v pride themselves with being " the best in all"

They are just confused.

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by cozy7(m): 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
Kylekent59:
U just wana cause conflict between nigeria and usa with this ur useless trend.. If u dnt ave a good news berra keep off. 2day is sunday ooo
Y DO U CALL IT USELESS,WHEN ITS GOT VALID PROOF? IF YOU'RE BLIND, PLZ ASK YOUR NEIGHBOR TO READ N TELL U.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by cozy7(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
playboy19:

Dude, you are an idiiiot and 'your generation is an azzhole'
SWEET. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U.

If you reacted negatively to the above statement, then you are an hypocrite. If not, your statement is justified.
Logic: Nigeria is my root, so the statement on that T-shirt is a direct insult to myself, my root and my generation, this is why i directly insulted you and your generation and see how you react.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by lucianohase(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
So funny, though ironical.....well,contrary to the naïve notion that some americans and some other foreigners have,ebola is not a nigerian product,neither is it of any other african nation. But it is a product of the evil activities of the heart beat and throne of satan,the US: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/10/18/weaponized-the-case-for-ebola-coming-from-a-bioweapons-lab/&sa=U&ei=3-9EVKT_Nujm8QHc-oDQBw&ved=0CBYQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNEHSEhX-JbWvbleWjUqhcpU2DNpHg. Besides, Its unfortunate that so many US citizens,other western citizens inclusive whole heartedly n joyfully guzzle lies given to them by their western media who are ever ready tools in the hands of western government and this makes them not to see things from the right perspective. It also makes them not to see their government for who they are. One thing that makes me happy is that no nigerian infected with ebola exported it out of the shores of this country rather, an american liberian brought it here first and another american liberian sent it to US(back to the original owners n makers).So I don't see why Nigeria should be demonised by demons themselves! Like I said earlier, its kinda funny seeing an american company blab shit against nigeria. Well I'm not surprised, that firm is a demon company owned by THE HEART BEAT OF SATAN,THE USA .

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by VivaLaFrans: 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
ayztech:

Which forum was that?
baptist Church forum

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by saltoftheearth: 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
Even this officer was humbled. Ebola no dey look face.

Watch what happens when this officer discovered Ebola was in the vicinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgem9TfwnSA

https://www.nairaland.com/1922140/ebola-papers

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
jenoncam:

now im hurt cry lmao
Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I swear, I didn't mean to. Why would you feel sad about being partly American for such petty reason relating to Ebola?
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by daey118(m): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
iterator25:
do nigerians even love each other sef?. take politicians for example. If they showed their citizens love .would all ds ode! Yankee people be talking shiiiii like ds ? Even colombia abi wah is their name sef. Is banning a whole nigeria . Common colombia that NL has more population than....is nigeria really your definition of a united country? #LookAround
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by daey118(m): 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
Victoriousvic:
Haters gonna hate! Potatoes gonna potate! angry
Lol..I know abou haters hating. So I was gonna ask how the fcuck do potatoes potate! ? undecided #JustCurious
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by shevon: 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
Kylekent59:

If you think the OP is joking, check http://www.zazzle.com/nigerian_ebola_souvenir_tee-235842076586605624
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
all4naija:
Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I swear, I didn't mean to. Why would you feel sad about being partly American for such petty reason relating to Ebola?
not only Ebola Sir
never mind smiley

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Fulaman198(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
Don't fall for the racist propaganda propagated by the United States. Be proud to be Nigerians and Africans and ignore the racist scum that would dare create such a shirt.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
daey118:

Lol..I know abou haters hating. So I was gonna ask how the fcuck do potatoes potate! ? undecided #JustCurious
When you see yuzedo, you ask him. grin
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
jenoncam:

not only Ebola Sir
never mind smiley
Oh, I see! But....But... you should know there is nothing like perfect nation and people on earth. Try to accept the fact of who you are and live like one. Is that you on the image on your profile?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2014 - Photos / Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? / Kenya Lady Called Ugly Bleaches Her Skin To Look Beautiful (Before & After Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.