Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,748 members, 7,806,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

2015: Ladoja, Alao-akala Take Battle To Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Ladoja, Alao-akala Take Battle To Abuja (497 Views)

Two Lawyers Battle To Represent Nnamdi Kanu - Pulse.ng / Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun / 2015: Ladoja, Alao-akala Take Battle To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015: Ladoja, Alao-akala Take Battle To Abuja by omolomolarinero: 8:26am On Oct 19, 2014
Barring any unforeseen development, the major gladiators in the battle for the governorship seat of Oyo State in next year’s elections may hold a crucial meeting with the wife of the president, Dame Patience Jonathan, in Abuja today. A source, who did not want to be named, told Sunday Tribune on Saturday that leader of Accord and its governorship candidate in the 2011 elections, Senator Rashidi Ladoja; his former deputy who is also a former governor of the state, Chief Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala; and former Senate Leader, Teslim Folarin, are among those expected at the meeting.

Read More

According to the source, the meeting, which is at the instance of a minister, is meant to seek Presidency’s nod to have Ladoja run as governorship candidate of the PDP in Oyo State in 2015. It will be recalled that Ladoja had been reported to have earlier held similar meetings with leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the instance of a former president.

Those meetings, it was learnt, were aimed at getting the APC to deny Governor Abiola Ajimobi of the party’s ticket in favour of Senator Ladoja.

However, the former governor, according to sources is neither taking any chance nor waiting for the APC to take its decision, hence, the need to seek the face of the presidency for a possible harvest of the PDP’s governorship ticket for the state.

The source said; “contrary to the denial by newspaper reports that Ladoja was also talking to the APC leadership, the disclaimer was far from being the truth. Ladoja, indeed, met the leadership of the APC; first, Senator Bola Tinubu; later, he met with Chief Pius Akinyelure and Chief Segun Oni.”

In the meantime, Governor Ajimobi’s re-election bid received a boost at the weekend as youths of the APC in the 11 local government areas of Oyo North Senatorial district of the state endorsed him for a second term.

The youth, led by Mr Dauda Ajana, met in Saki town, where they rose in unison to ask Governor Ajimobi to continue “his transformation of the state.”

A communiqué issued at the end of the meeting and signed by Ajana said Governor Ajimobi had performed creditably well to deserve a second term in office, describing his administration as the first to employ a large number of youths.

In addition to youth empowerment, he added that the administration had done so much in road construction, restored the scenic beauty of the major cities in the state and engendered peace and tranquility.

Speaking while addressing the mammoth crowd of youths, APC chairman in Oyo North, Mr A. Oyetunji, said APC remained the only party with the interest of the people at heart, adding that there was nothing a PDP government could offer the state and the country

http://whatsupibadan.com/2014/10/19/2015-ladoja-alao-akala-take-battle-to-abuja/
Re: 2015: Ladoja, Alao-akala Take Battle To Abuja by 2cato: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2014
Our source the source one immaginary source Our APC source who do not want his name mention i print.
Today is sunday i beg who get fifty naira give me to do offering?
Re: 2015: Ladoja, Alao-akala Take Battle To Abuja by 2cato: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2014
Our source the source one immaginary source our mumu soucce Our APC source who do not want his name mention i print.
Today is sunday i beg who get fifty naira give me to do offering?

(1) (Reply)

PDP Governors: Choose A Successor Or Go To Senate / Thanksgiving: Gov Fayose Prostrates At Deeper Life Church / Sheik Gumi Advices Buhari Not To Contest In The 2014 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.