Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? (2461 Views)

2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2014/2015 Admission Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by naijatjboy(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2014
Always Creeping into my thought is the High Increase Sessionally Of Tuition and other Facilities in the University Of Ilorin but I beg the Question Is it Similar to the Fees Paid in other Higher Federal Institution?

Okay, Am a Graduating Set Of 2014 and we have paid some fees which I feel are Awkward:

Convocation Due : 8,000
Alumni Fees: 2,500
Graduating Gown Deposit : 2,500(which probably not re-Fundable)
Parking Space: 5,000

Although, we thank God almost 70percent have paid. But what about the Freshers??

Acceptance Fee: 20,000
School Tuition Fee: 70,000 (the least Sum paid, Depends on the department)
Hostel Fees: 28,000. (For last Session)
Library Reg: 250
Various Materials,Text Books ,Field Trips etc.

The Most Painful and Heart Touching is that 30percent of Each student of Various Department are sent home at the End of 100 level. Whereas this babies find it Hard to tell them about there ordeal at school.

They resume 200l knowing fully well that they are no longer student either due to poor grade or Exam mal-practice, which attracts a penalty of you no longer been a student.
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2014
Nigerian Higher institutions are a full of bull shiiittt.......

1 Like

Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by naijatjboy(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2014
What institution you studying or studied at?
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by naijatjboy(m): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2014
basbone:
Nigerian Higher institutions are a full of bull shiiittt.......

What institution you studying or have studied at?
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by suregurl(f): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2014
Ehyah...bt @least you dont use go on strike so cant have it all...
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 19, 2014
I an oil-rich nation like Nigeria will be charging a yearly price tag of #50000 or above for an education that will make you unemployable, jobless and inferior compared to other schools in countries like Ghana or South africa; an education characterized by nepotism and connection; then there is really no need to attend higher institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2014
naijatjboy:

What institution you studying or have studied at?
i studied mathematics/computer science in a higher institution in the north eastern part of nigeria.........i came out with a c.g.p.a of 4.40 in my final year.......but i was given a carryover in one 1 cr unit course. I said i was given that carryover cos i cramed the three fullscap sheets of the course content and the course was simple. When i saw the carryover, i went to the lecturer to complain, she said i didnt do her 2nd C.A so thats why, i told her i did it and that she didnt paste the C.A before the exam for verification, she said theres nothing more she can do. So I applied for remarking and my dean refused, saying i have to register the course and stay for one more yr. So i gave up.
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by godofwar666(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2014
basbone:
i studied mathematics/computer science in a higher institution in the north eastern part of nigeria.........i came out with a c.g.p.a of 4.40 in my final year.......but i was given a carryover in one 1 cr unit course. I said i was given that carryover cos i cramed the three fullscap sheets of the course content and the course was simple. When i saw the carryover, i went to the lecturer to complain, she said i didnt do her 2nd C.A so thats why, i told her i did it and that she didnt paste the C.A before the exam for verification, she said theres nothing more she can do. So I applied for remarking and my dean refused, saying i have to register the course and stay for one more yr. So i gave up.
simple question which skul u go? U con dey write stories who cares if you have 4point.... Sey na poly u go or uni undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by naijatjboy(m): 10:18am On Oct 19, 2014
suregurl:

Lol.. Still too much, where you studying at?
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by naijatjboy(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2014
basbone:
I an oil-rich nation like Nigeria will be charging a yearly price tag of #50000 or above for an education that will make you unemployable, jobless and inferior compared to other schools in countries like Ghana or South africa; an education characterized by nepotism and connection; then there is really no need to attend higher institutions in Nigeria.

Yea.you make a point there.. Too much connection..
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by foxyac3(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2014
Space booked

1 Like

Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by suregurl(f): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
naijatjboy:

Lol.. Still too much, where you studying at?
Udusok
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by Damlesky(m): 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
I thought their tuition fees is N20,000?
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by Damlesky(m): 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
godofwar666:
simple question which skul u go? U con dey write stories who cares if you have 4point.... Sey na poly u go or uni undecided
grin grin grin grin
Who ask am story? Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by SHOPPERS(m): 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
I'm a graduating student too. I lament for the Freshers this year as many of them will have to forfeit their admission this year due to inability to pay the over #90000 fee (acceptance fee and school fee inclusive) excluding hostel fee.

When I was admitted in 2010, we paid #36200 as school fee and no acceptance fee was charged back then.

Even though things have changed a bit >
Now you get a customised Unilorin Android tab with a Customised Unilorin Tshirt. Also, I'm being informed that there is the possibility of making internet available for all students which I assume is part of the charges.

Our Student Union, a very civil and gentle group of activitists has refused to make any efforts towards the reduction of the exorbitant fees and if they've made any efforts; we are yet to see the results.

The convocation fees on its own is still confusing as Alumni charges represent part of the 8000 naira and now we are still to pay for it separately.

God help us. Being No 1 Institution in Nigeria is not easy.

Plus.....
There have been giant infrastructural strides on campus
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by QSheba: 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
I thought it was a state own uni undecided
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by Stanley07(m): 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
suregurl:
lemme av ur facebook username
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by suregurl(f): 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
Stanley07:

lemme av ur facebook username
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by bakila: 2:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
basbone:
Are you the undergradute who had a carryover above? A graduate of few months ago telling us how he crammed or copied everything? Please don't decieve yourself with that cgpa and take it with you respect wise into the labour/business market. Some of us have been employers for a very longtime. With pedigree from university of Maiduguri to Federal university wukari. Be careful they you abuse people online. Anonymous or not.
Re: Is The University Of Ilorin The Most Expensive Federal University? by Karleb(m): 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
70k tuition fee? shocked shocked

I dey come. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Degree As Minimum Teaching Qualification. - FG / Beware Of Unilag Geoscience Dept. / Top 10 Important Websites Every Student Needs To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.