Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Ghana New International Airport Presented - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana New International Airport Presented (13394 Views)

The New International Passport And Price / Buhari's Photo Presented To Aisha Buhari In Borno / Buhari Presented With Gift Of His Portrait In India (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2014
for the country have been presented to the Ghana Airports Company Limited at a ceremony in Accra, witnessed by the Minister of Transport, Mrs. Dzifa Attivor.

The design has a proposed annual passenger throughput of 4.5 million, an annual passenger aircraft movement of 33,835, and a peak hour passenger aircraft movement of 12. In addition, China Airport Civil Construction (CACC) has made provision for 13 passenger aprons. A passenger apron is the area of an airport where aircraft are parked, unloaded or loaded, refuelled, or boarded.

The new airport is to be located at Prampram in the Dangbe West District of the Greater Accra Region and is one of the projects earmarked by the Ministry of transport and the Ghana Airports Company Limited to make the country the aviation hub in the West African sub-region.

Presenting the Feasibility Study and a prototype design of the new airport to officials of the Ministry of Transport and the Ghana Airports Company, Ms Wei Wang of the China Airport Civil Construction Company said their aviation experts have been in Ghana since November last year working on the feasibility study.

The Terminal area is 45,000 square metres, cargo throughput is 30,000 tonnes, and there is a cargo warehouse area of 7,000 square metres as well as a car park area of 42,000 square metres among other details.

The CACC signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry in September 2012 to begin a feasibility study on the new international airport.

Mrs. Attivor expressed her appreciation for the presentation and said she was impressed, adding that a technical team has been established to review the report in order for the country to make the best of the situation.

The need for a new international airport for the country has become necessary as both domestic and international travel increases at the Kotoka International Airport.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 19, 2014
Looks beautiful and neat.
Fine architectural masterpiece.
Congratulations Ghana.

10 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:01am On Oct 19, 2014
grin grin grin

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by TDonald: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2014
Incase grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

May God bless Ghana

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by seankafor(m): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2014
Go ghanians .go

3 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by ba7man(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2014
Whooooooooo!!!!!!!

Lovely!!!!

BTW, I'm Nigerian. cool

TANoids.....shey una dey see Aviation transformation.

F*ck your mediocre minds and Stella Oduah!!!! angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin

wink wink
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by walexGodson(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2014
Good n nice job
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by kokoA(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2014
Eyaahhhhh.. One good news from that side finally.

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:09am On Oct 19, 2014
kokoA:
Eyaahhhhh.. One good news from that side finally.

how?
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by ba7man(m): 10:11am On Oct 19, 2014
Wale112:

how?
Abeg, free dat guy. Enjoy your Airport.
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:14am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
Abeg, free dat guy. Enjoy your Airport.

typical Nigayrian grin grin
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by IGBOSON1: 10:17am On Oct 19, 2014
So what's the cost then?

The company constructing it is the same one building the new terminals in Nigeria. I think Ghana has a slight advantage over us in that they don't have to do this stupi/d balancing act where anything being built has to be distributed/balanced among all its regions; they can spend the funds on one particular project for the entire country and build something grand and world-class.....and the entire country can have a sense of belonging in the project because they're a proper nation!

9 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 19, 2014
Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa angry
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
Whooooooooo!!!!!!!

Lovely!!!!

BTW, I'm Nigerian. cool

Let me call ROSSIKE, karlmax2 and sincere9gerian
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by ba7man(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:
So what's the cost then?

The company constructing it is the same one building the new terminals in Nigeria. I think Ghana has a slight advantage over us in that they don't have to do this stupi/d balancing act where anything being built has to be distributed/balanced among all its regions; they can spend the funds on one particular project for the entire country and build something grand and world-class.....and the entire country can have a sense of belonging in the project because they're a proper nation!
I don't agree with you.

Why not have 3/4 top standard projects, rather that 60 bus stations servicing planes like Stella Oduah presented as transformation and some people were applauding it.

Unexposure and illitracy is at work in a lot of people.

6 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by BlackTechnology: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2014
How does this concern we Nigerians

You are a jobless guy

Walex112

This unhealthy competition might put your nation in trouble.
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by ba7man(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2014
Wale112:

typical Nigayrian grin grin
Ur country is still broke for now.........but still....... enjoy your airport. cool
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by IGBOSON1: 10:31am On Oct 19, 2014
HugeCock:
Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa angry

^^^HugeCock, why calling Princess Stella here? Betta soup na money kill am; if she asked for a couple billions of dollars to build proper world-class airports in the 6 geo-political zones (because that's how we do things in this country) i'm sure you'd be say no! At least she tried with the little she managed to do!

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:33am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
Ur country is still broke for now.........but still....... enjoy your airport. cool

What has nigeria done with their oil and gas?

Ghana must save Nigeria
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by ba7man(m): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2014
Wale112:

What has nigeria done with their oil and gas?

Ghana must save Nigeria
Ask the PDP supporters that question.

Oyo state will probably still not to feel threatened by Ghana. cheesy
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by mainheart(m): 10:38am On Oct 19, 2014
That is good

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by mainheart(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2014
Good
Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by IGBOSON1: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
I don't agree with you.

Why not have 3/4 top standard projects, rather that 60 bus stations servicing planes like Stella Oduah presented as transformation and some people were applauding it.

Unexposure and illitracy is at work in a lot of people.

^^^Don't confuse the rehabilitation works being carried out at all the nations airports with the new terminals being built in Lagos, Kano, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Enugu. The one for Enugu was rejected by Tambuwals House of Reps, so Princess Stella had to source for funds in-house for it; that's why you don't see Enugu listed when locations to build new terminals with the Chinese loan are mentioned!

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by anonimi: 10:40am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
Whooooooooo!!!!!!!

Lovely!!!!

BTW, I'm Nigerian. cool

Any chance of showing us the Lekki International airport that has been presented by Fashola, SAN the governor of our "State of Excellence".
I am sure that one cannot be mediocre since it is still in computer GRAPHICS rendering, abi

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by IGBOSON1: 10:43am On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

Any chance of showing us the Lekki International airport that has been presented by Fashola, SAN the governor of our "State of Excellence".
I am sure that one cannot be mediocre since it is still in computer GRAPHICS rendering, abi

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by ba7man(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

See the smelly muritala Mohamed Airport people like you were applauding as "Transformation". The Enugu river Airport you were ushering as a new age in Nigerian Aviation and the numerous bus station scam transformations.

At least money hasn't being commited to the Lekki Airport project construction so it can still be said to be delayed...........unlike your completed projects reeking of Mediocrity.

I have people that have returned into the Country after years outside and when I told them on complaining about the State of the Airport........ "This is the Aviation Transformation under PDP queen Stwella Oduah", they were disgusted and asked "are Nigerians crazy to accept this"??

I'm not crazy but I know people that applauded it.

You're one of them. cool

4 Likes

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:50am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
Ask the PDP supporters that question.

Oyo state will probably still not to feel threatened by Ghana. cheesy

Which brand of generator do u use?

1 Like

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by OXYGENO1: 10:51am On Oct 19, 2014
GHANA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT @ NIGHT
best in AFRICA

Re: Ghana New International Airport Presented by Wale112(m): 10:52am On Oct 19, 2014
BlackTechnology:
How does this concern we Nigerians

You are a jobless guy

Walex112

This unhealthy competition might put your nation in trouble.

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ministers In London For Investment Drive / Maina’s Reinstatement: A Classical Example Of Honour Among Thieves-PDP / President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.