Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? (947 Views)

"When A Pastor Is Into Sport Betting"- Hilarious Photo / 5 Dangerous Signs Your Pastor Is A Fake / What Kind Of Pastor Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? by damiperry(f): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2014
I have seen people using the names of their pastor when praying,like God of this,God of that hear my prayer,rather than praying to God directly.To me i see it as something wrong cos u don't know if the pastor has his own small god who he is worshipping in secret n you re indirectly worshipping his god too by sayin d god of this(your pastor name).xo nlanders what's your view about this?...apy xunday
Re: Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? by pheesayor(m): 11:33am On Oct 19, 2014
Is anything wrong with God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob as has been used for generations?

CAC which I am a member of for example use God of Apostle Ayodele Babalola, doesn't mean we are praying to Babalola but his God who also is the same true living God as God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, through that you are also tapping into the covenant God had with those men.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong.

damiperry:
I have seen people using the names of their pastor when praying,like God of this,God of that hear my prayer,rather than praying to God directly.To me i see it as something wrong cos u don't know if the pastor has his own small god who he is worshipping in secret n you re indirectly worshipping his god too by sayin d god of this(your pastor name).xo nlanders what's your view about this?...apy xunday
Re: Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
There is sumtin wrong in dat. Knwin nd seein him or her as a minister of God does nt mean u knw wot dey do in d dark. My sister has seen a case wen a woman wz prayin in public nd wz sayin God of my pastor, baba wu baba wu baba wu. Nw wot do u say of dat? I believe there ar a thousand name for the almighty God so its better to say ur prayer dis way "abba father, the mighty man in battle" rada dan God of my pastor jst because u c dem perform miracle here nd dere witout knwin more abt dier spiritual life. God is a jealous God. Lets pray to him wit names meant 4 Him nd nt God of my pastor 4 we neva can tel wot demonic power dat powerful nd spiritual man of God possess or wot he serves in close doors.
So 4 u whose church prays to ur pastor's God, put a question to dis pastors askin dem y u must pray wit dier god. Rememba u must serve no other God because God is a jealous God.
Re: Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? by IfyAwazie(f): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
pheesayor:
Is anything wrong with God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob as has been used for generations?

CAC which I am a member of for example use God of Apostle Ayodele Babalola, doesn't mean we are praying to Babalola but his God who also is the same true living God as God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, through that you are also tapping into the covenant God had with those men.

Notin wrong wit Praying to God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob beause in d bible, God introduce Himself as their God. So how sure are u dat God agrees wit the names u associate wit Him.
Re: Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? by lomprico(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
pheesayor:

everything is wrong with that nowadays, since nobody knows what all these pastors serve this days. what is wrong in praying in God's name directly? remember the case of the late pastor ajanaku who cultist came to his burial to pay their rites for being their member. imagine those that will be praying in 'the god of ajanaku'!
Re: Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
what stops you from just praying in the name of Jesus ? that's the only name I know is given to us .

1 Like

Re: Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? by wittie(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
I'd rather pray in the name of the God of "Wittie".

Who trusts all these pastorpreneurs anymore?
Re: Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? by franklyn009(m): 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
everything is wrong praying with a man's name.
for there is no other name in heaven or on earth in which you r save than the name of Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

A Self Acclaimed Prophet! / Who Is Your Favourite Gospel Artiste In Nigeria? / WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT ROSARY PRAYER?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.