Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West (21906 Views)

Kenneth Omeruo And Super Falcons Star, Asisat Oshoala Spotted Together In UK / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Princecalm(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
hardbody:

I dont know ur age and whether you watched Taribo play. That guy was a rock of Gibraltar in the defence line. He was strong rugged skilled and had a heart of a lion. Their set was the last super eagles team we ever had. Remember they almost embarrassed the Argies in 1994 WC until FIFA referee allowed them a last minute penalty. They did not struggle with Sudan or lose to Congo. Those guys could easily have brought the cup back if not for world politics in football coupled with inexperience at that stage. I still respect them.
omeruo has achieved almost everything west has achieved in Country level
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by buoye1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
That is ur opinion mr!
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Ologunjude(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
Toribo is right. But my only concern is that why complain now Since you noticed this for some time now. You and keshi don't talk? I wonder o.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by maximilano: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
All of them are amateurs except for one or two who are trying a little
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by iconize(m): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
otijah:
Very true how can Omeruo who have not played a single match for chelsea appeared 21 times in super eagles and a first eleven for that matter. The same thing is applicable to Oboabonna and Keshi their unreasonable coach.

Taribo is right

You're saying trash.
Omeruo hasn't played for Chelsea but he's playing for Boro, so what's your point?

1 Like

Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
born2fuck:
stop crying bro, stop crying

I thot u wanted war; now u r running away like d coward u are; come let's fight to finish here, none of ur ashewo brodas is here to help u, product of a leaked condom
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by teemanbastos(m): 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
Guykhena:

Only in Nigeria football,so called 'legends' discourages the upcoming ones,,
xo he shudnt corekt dem wen wrong
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Swagztv(m): 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
Mr. West,i agree dat u wer a gud defenda during ur days,but instead of publicly labelling d 1st choice pair of central defenda's we av @hand now "AMATEUR" wudnt it av bin beta 2 encourage dem 2 step up dier game? Since loosing form in football is sometin dat almost happens 2 any1 @ some point in ur career! But 4 me i tink i rada have Amateur's in my team who wins me Afcon gold dan world classes who kips on loosing finals!! My shaaaa
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by lomprico(m): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
initialize:

Your choice of word tells your age bracket

You've just forgotten so quick, I was your school father in St Gregory's College in 1998. I'm sure you remember me now, so apologize before I beat you again with the Cricket Stumps.

oh! u were still in secondary school in 1998? no wonder.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Volksfuhrer(m): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
Oboabona has not been impressive in a long time... Going abroad has not improved him at all. He was much better at Sunshine Stars than he is now. Taribo is spot on about Oboabona.

But Ambrose, the full back, has not fared any better defensively. Neither has the left back. Perhaps we are missing something here.

How could the back four become bad wholesale? May be they were not getting the right cover from midfield. You see, one person playing badly in a 3-man midfield can make a nonsense out of your back four. Therefore, you cannot have two lazy players in a 3-man midfield and expect your back four to retain its shape.

I believe Sunday Mba should be recalled into the squad, for his industry. The S.E renaissance started with him; they have now been lost without him.

1 Like

Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by watchindelta(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
omeruo is a very very good defender. that guy is our saviour in that defence most of the time don,t forget. he only make some lil mistake during the qualifier, hope he correct does error.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by moxrit(m): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
otijah:
Very true how can Omeruo who have not played a single match for chelsea appeared 21 times in super eagles and a first eleven for that matter. The same thing is applicable to Oboabonna and Keshi their unreasonable coach.

Taribo is right

FYI Omeruo is on-loan at Middlesbrough. Get your facts right.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by born2boink(m): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
mobuch:

I thot u wanted war; now u r running away like d coward u are; come let's fight to finish here, none of ur ashewo brodas is here to help u, product of a leaked condom
I have no time for you bro! I'm matured and sensible, rich and endowed, I'm star boy like wizkid, infact,i am preparing to lodge 2 new girls within this month alone for till day break because those girls are mummy pet , I need to find a better sweet strategy to lodge them because they don't spend night outside and also want to random about 5 ashawos my dick, and want to do it without my woman knowing at all, money is sweet oOoO. Keep fighting but if you think say you get craze, I get cain for you
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Suarezilla(m): 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
I thought I was the only one that was concerned about those pair. They aren't compactible atall and they tend to fail to track back opponents. Most times they leave the very center they defend and allow strikers to even take a pose for the camera before slotting the ball into our net...I recommend new faces and stiff competition for both.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Suarezilla(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
thought I was the only one that was concerned about those pair. They aren't compactible atall and they tend to fail to track back opponents. Most times they leave the very center they defend and allow strikers to even take a pose for the camera before slotting the ball into our net...I recommend new faces and stiff competition for both.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by danbrowndmf(m): 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote
author=otijah post=27271651]Very true how can Omeruo who have not played
a single match for chelsea appeared 21 times in super eagles and a
first eleven for that matter. The same thing is applicable to Oboabonna
and Keshi their unreasonable coach.

Taribo is right[/quote] why shuld mikel play almost all the nigerian games since he his an official in chelsea
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by daryoor(m): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
theres only one player in super eagles. : ahmed musa
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by danbrowndmf(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote
author=Moustache post=27269276]Former Super Eagles great, Taribo West
has blasted the defensive pair of Kenneth Omeruo and Godfrey Oboabona,
labelling their efforts in the ongoing Nations Cup qualifiers as
amateurish.

The former Derby County defender, once considered world class by his
peers, clearly has a low opinion on the Eagles' current back line after
pushing the national team's caretaker coach Shaibu Amodu to look for
replacements for both centre-back and left-back positions.West, who won a
gold medal in the 96' Olympic Games, claimed Nigeria had themselves to
blame for their disappointing position and Omerou and Oboabona should
take the majority of the blame.

- The Eagles impressed me [during their 3-1 win over Sudan] but our
defence was suspect and Omeruo and [Godfrey] Oboabona played like
amateur defenders, Taribo told hereisthecity.com
- They are good defenders but they were too relaxed and made the same
mistakes over and over again. We have conceded goals in the same way in
the qualifiers.- Sudan's goal in Nigeria's 3-1 win was similar to the
one against us in the first leg in Kartoum.

- They only did well against South Africa, though they made some
mistakes. South Africa had the opportunity to execute one-on-one moves
and score goals but Vincent Enyeama saved us. The two defenders didn't
play like champions or professionals in other games.- I think they need
competition. We need to scout for new central defenders. I would have
suggested that they should be dropped but we don't have better
replacements for them now. But we should work on improving their
weaknesses.
This is not the first time West will rail at young defenders, as he
labelled Joseph Yobo and the other new faces in the Super Eagles team to
the 2002 World Cup in Korea Japan as 'junk
players'http://www.futaa.com/football/article/omeruo-and-oboabona-are-amateurs--taribo-west[/quote] taribo west using style to sick for Nigeria coach job,bros no way 4u. dt was how he lebel yobo as an amateaur den, buh b4 we knw yobo turn to be solid rock for nigeria back THEN.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by danbrowndmf(m): 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote
author=hayzed2 post=27271993]Criticizing this young guys is not the way
forward, atleast before Taribo West will make a comment like this one, I
expected him to have scouted better players in those position to back
up his amateurish opinion. #1NIGERIA smiley [/quote] dun let him scout oh,he might end up scouting is 32year old usher as a 19years old wonderkip

therez politice in every where heaven inside church sef.beliv
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by danbrowndmf(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
frustratedman:
E NOR GO BETTER FOR GOD WICKED THING THAT MADE ME LOOSE ALL I HAD
sowi oh.buh did u jus say he knw go better for GOD?
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by opes: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
hardbody:

I dont know ur age and whether you watched Taribo play. That guy was a rock of Gibraltar in the defence line. He was strong rugged skilled and had a heart of a lion. Their set was the last super eagles team we ever had. Remember they almost embarrassed the Argies in 1994 WC until FIFA referee allowed them a last minute penalty. They did not struggle with Sudan or lose to Congo. Those guys could easily have brought the cup back if not for world politics in football coupled with inexperience at that stage. I still respect them.
Taribo was not part of 1994 WC team and Argentina didnt score any penalty against Nigeria at USA 94
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
danbrowndmf:
sowi oh.buh did u jus say he knw go better for GOD?

YES
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by dabossman(m): 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
hardbody:

Er, Taribo did not play at USA 94. His first World Cup was 98, and we conceded 9 goals in 4 matches. No doubt Taribo's class was way above what we have today. The guy was a regular at both Inter and AC Milan. Omeruo and Oboabona have become complacent in recent times. They really need to sit up and get their act together. They can be much better than they are today.

Oh, and the Argies didn't defeat us with a last minute penalty. They had two well executed free kicks with with Claudio Cannigia scored. Our inexperience killed us.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by teniola55(m): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ok na!
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by teniola55(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
caprini1:
Centre backs are one of our strong points,truly Omeruo and Oboabona are not yet there.They need stiff competition
i disagree
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by teniola55(m): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
otijah:

Taribo is right
quality
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by teniola55(m): 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hmm..
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by adconline(m): 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
Princecalm:
What was he when he was playing that he will call others amateur,instead of encouraging them to improve
U have no idea who Taribo was in his playing days.. Google is ur best resource!
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by aridude(m): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
NairaMode:
Do we need to be told that?
Is there anyone on this thread who wants to deceive him or herself that what Taribo said is not true? That would actually make me laugh.
It's not about been overrated or being out of form.
Those guys don't have the talent to stay in the spotlight.

They do not have the agility, the passion, the focus, the gift, perhaps better to say they are not putting in much effort to reach the pinnacle of their career.
The world doesn't want weaklings.
You have to be aggressive and give it all it takes to be taken seriously and in other to stand out.

They are trying but their best is not good enough.
My opinion.

To cap my point, kindly look at when Messi plays, when Rashidi Yekini plays, when Kanu plays, when Drogba plays...
They play with all they got. They deliver all they got. They know that in other to be separated you need to separate yourself.
I wish them well.

Edit:
Those that may want to abuse me or Taribo for calling a spade a spade, remember that when someone is rebuked, if he is wise, he or she evaluates the criticism, sieves it, pick what will make him better in life, thank the person that rebuked him and then work at becoming better.

talking rubbish.... are these not the same boys who won the nations cup for us??... the whole team is out of shape stop crucifying the poor guys.
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by Lobest: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
They need more trainings...4d main time,Amodu sud get a good replacement 4 Oboabona
Re: Omeruo And Oboabona Are Amateurs - Taribo West by kendrick93(m): 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
i've always maintained dat they are a bunch of clowns masquerading as defenders... no wonder they play in d championship and a small turkish outfit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Signs Gabriel Martinelli / Olusoji Fasuba Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today / Simone Biles Becomes Most Decorated Female Gymnast In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.