Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Boko Haram Strike Again Less Than A Day After Ceasefire Pact - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Strike Again Less Than A Day After Ceasefire Pact (766 Views)

Osinbajo Visits Atiku Abubakar In Abuja A Day After Inauguration(pics) / Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) / Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Strike Again Less Than A Day After Ceasefire Pact by JohnnyPalmer: 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Islamic terrorist sect, Boko Haram, the group was alleged to have attacked two Borno communities, killing yet to be accounted people.

A security source revealed to journalists on Saturday in Maiduguri that "just as we have started celebrating a ceasefire we got news that these terrorists have attacked Borno again giving us an indication that there was no such agreement or perhaps there are more that a terror group."

According to the source, about 20 Boko Haram fighters in two Hilux vehicles stormed Maikadiri in Abadam Local Government, in the northern part of Borno on Friday evening, "shooting into residents' homes."

A member of the local vigilante, Kashim Abba, in a telephone conversation on Saturday, told our correspondent in Maiduguri that the sect had shown that there was no ceasefire with the latest attack.

He alleged that the insurgents, in a killing spree in Abadam local government area, killed the father of the former speaker of Borno State parliament, Goni Ali Modu.

Another person who is an indigene of the attacked communities, Zannah Kaka, said in Maiduguri: "I am worried for I have aged relatives there and my brother who was able to flee to Monguno called to inform me early this morning but we couldn't get across to our aged parents."

Also in a renewed attack on Shaffa, Hawul Local Government, south of Borno on Saturday morning, scores of Boko Haram rode to a village near the town in the early hours shooting indiscriminatly. Eight people were killed, according to a resident, Solomon Paul.

He told journalists that many of the residents of the town have fled into the bush.

He said: "There was pandemonium in Shaffa as Boko Haram invaded the nearby village,  shooting at everybody at sight. We had to flee into the bush and as I am talking to you many of us are taking refuge in the bush."

Shaffa is about 230 kilometres from Maiduguri, provincial capital, and had recently witnessed a series of attacks from the insurgents.
See: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-strike-again-less-than-a-day-after-ceasefire/191586/

Re: Boko Haram Strike Again Less Than A Day After Ceasefire Pact by Edwinmason(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
I was expecting this, now what does the military has to say?
Re: Boko Haram Strike Again Less Than A Day After Ceasefire Pact by IfyAwazie(f): 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ceasefire don expire.
Re: Boko Haram Strike Again Less Than A Day After Ceasefire Pact by ignology: 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Could this be true? Pls any confirmation ?

(1) (Reply)

You Are Hypocritical, Insincere And A Failure - Fmr Senate President To OBJ / The Best Ways To Shut People Like Asari Dokubo Up permanently! / Ekweremadu’s Kinsmen Endorse Sullivan Chime For Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.