Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:30 AM

Spirituality After(/outside) Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality After(/outside) Religion (4066 Views)

Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / The Rise Of Traditional Religion And Spirituality In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirituality After(/outside) Religion by ratatis(m): 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
PastorAIO:

More Dogma.

looking at it from "your" level of consciousness!
Re: Spirituality After(/outside) Religion by PastorAIO: 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
ratatis:

looking at it from "your" level of consciousness!

Dogma is a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.[1] It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm, or the ideology itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogma

The question therefore is... is your statement that 'you are not a body that has a spirit' authoritative and incontrovertibly true? Is your statement that 'you are a soul' authoritative and incontrovertibly true?

If there is a 'level of consciousness' where that is the case then I'm curious about it. Not that I want to be in that 'level', but I am curious about it and about it's mechanism. But you're right, from where I stand (I wouldn't call it a 'level of consciousness', just a perspective) it sounds like nothing but Dogma.

you'll awaken to the realization that you are not a body that has a spirit.; rather, you are Soul that is encased in a physical body.
Re: Spirituality After(/outside) Religion by ratatis(m): 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2014
PastorAIO:

............................... Not that I want to be in that 'level', but I am curious about it and about it's mechanism. But you're right, from where I stand (I wouldn't call it a 'level of consciousness', just a perspective) it sounds like nothing but Dogma.

Sorry Sir, I am not out for crusading. Since you're satisfied at where you're remain there.
Re: Spirituality After(/outside) Religion by PastorAIO: 2:20am On Oct 28, 2014
ratatis:

Sorry Sir, I am not out for crusading. Since you're satisfied at where you're remain there.

grin All these Anti-religion anti-dogma folks that are really just trying to replace one set of dogma with another set of dogma. At least you haven't got to the stage where you're threatening those that don't agree with you ... yet.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality After(/outside) Religion by ratatis(m): 3:07am On Oct 28, 2014
PastorAIO:

At least you haven't got to the stage where you're threatening those that don't agree with you ... yet.

That is the stage you've reached. I am beyond that!
Re: Spirituality After(/outside) Religion by PastorAIO: 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
ratatis:

That is the stage you've reached. I am beyond that!

This one just has to have the last word sha!
Re: Spirituality After(/outside) Religion by beejaay: 9:14am On Oct 31, 2014
MizMyColi:
^^^

av u see this book 'A COURSE IN MIRACLE' it espouse ur type of thinking since u still hold jesus and holyspirit to exist or a book called 'A RETURN TO LOVE'. Thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Made By Christians Showing Islam Growth / Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People / Did John The Beloved Ever Taste Of Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.