Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (61941 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Alisha4U(f): 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
rabimlomo:

How is Buhari a religious extremist? I need examples of what he did for you to hold that opinion.

At the height of the Sharia debate during the Obasanjo administration, Buhari declared that Muslims should vote only for fellow Muslims. This was politically suicidal for a man seeking national office. He became an advocate for implementation of Sharia all over Nigeria. He protested to the Oyo State governor, in the context of a dispute between Fulani herdsmen and indigenous farmers in the state, that “your people are killing my people.” This turned out to be unfounded and perhaps the reverse.
His threats during the campaign for the 2011 elections incited widespread violence in the North after he lost. His supporters went on a rampage; looting and killing; in spite of the fact that, by all accounts, the elections were adjudged the most free and fair in the history of Nigeria’s current democratic experiment. By the time the mayhem had subsided, over 1000 people had been slaughtered in cold blood and some 65,000 displaced.
Forgetting that a statement made in Hausa would readily be translated into English, Buhari later declared unapologetically in a BBC interview: “If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.” These are the tokens of an irresponsible politician, whose ambitions for power supersede the national interest. Who then are the dogs and baboons that Buhari has in mind to soak in blood if and when he loses yet again come 2015? Are they his children or are they those of others?
With the Boko Haram insurgency in the north, Buhari played to the Northern gallery yet again, calling the Jonathan government “the biggest Boko Haram.” Wole Olaniyi was a fly in the wall at a meeting in Kano Government House designed to persuade PDP rebel governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, to decamp to the APC. Assuming that only Northerners were present, Buhari declared the Boko Haram was a “strategic plan” by the government of Goodluck Jonathan to “destroy the North.” When Jonathan declared a state of emergency in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa states, Buhari still saw this with Northern goggles, insinuating that the President is waging war on the North.
President of the North
Without a doubt, Buhari has massive support in the North. Indeed, he is the most popular Northern politician in the North today. But that precisely remains his undoing at the centre. The more he has been identified as a Northern champion, the less attractive he has become as a national choice. Even in the North, his support base is limited to the Muslim population. He does not appeal to Northern Christians. Then there is the added factor of the opposition of his implacable opponents among the Northern elite. Men like Babangida and Atiku would rather die than allow Buhari get to Aso Rock.
One thing is certain, the South-South and the South-East will not vote for Buhari in 2015. Not only that; there are no buyers for Buhari’s sectarian politics in the South-West. No matter what Tinubu might be telling him, the people of the South-West will not vote for Buhari in 2015. We already had the template in 2011, when Buhari tried to sell himself, first by balancing his ticket with a Yoruba man; and then by making sure the Yoruba man is a Christian; a pastor no less. But it just did not wash. It will not work in 2015.
The worst thing that can happen to Northern presidential aspirations in 2015 is for Buhari to be on the APC ballot. That is a sure guarantee that the North will not be providing the next president. Buhari would be a shoo-in in an election for president of Northern Nigeria. But in an election encompassing the entire country, the best he can envisage is to be a kingmaker. He cannot be king. The nearest Buhari will get to Aso Rock in 2015 is by attending the Council of State meetings.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/buhari-will-never-president-nigeria/#sthash.JXa1DlN6.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
EnigmAries:

How many mosques do we have in the whole of south-east again? grin
Igbos are predominantly christians hence few mosques in the south east, the ones there have never been burnt or bombed, neither has there been cases of killing of muslims in the south east.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by propertylisting: 6:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
Although, fashola has tried in lagos but a vp has no voice in this nation. Buhari is a Boko haram. We cannot be decieved with that political disguise.

Read: https://www.nairaland.com/1839184/islamisation-nigeria-nigerian-constitution-recognises
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ELGREF(m): 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
I don't give a Bleep about religion....I need a leader that will speak on burning issues..someone that will build Nigeria and youth like me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 11:01am On Oct 23, 2014
SamIkenna:
Its a shame some folks would rather pretend they were from the moon.

Less divisive people like Chime, Fashola, Duke, Fayemi, Mimiko, Ribadu, Ata, Utomi, Akume, etc - these are people I'll vote for any time. Even Ogbeni, I'm willing to vote for him. Obi recently messed up by joining PDP but still, I'm willing to forgive overlook that. The people I mentioned above - I will vote for before considering Buhari and my reasons are simple:

Buhari is an ethnic champion, a Fulani supremacist, and a sharia monger. Ogbeni, in my consideration, is openly religious but you never hear him talk religion, and for that reason I'm comfortable with him knowing that he considers my interest. But Buhari....what you see is what you get. He may arguably be the most virtuous contestant but in the world we currently live, in this current climate of extreme political Islam, all non-muslims and serious secular minded individuals should be wary of folks who overtly or covertly tilt towards Islamofacism, Islamic domination, or sharia implementation. Its a pity that people who, either because of their peculiar history, have a much favorable disposition to Islam and all its variants have decided to cast aspersions on others who're wary of Buhari, sharia, or Islam in its entirety.

In some of my posts I stated how much I feel for the general. Buhari as a person is perhaps a great individual. However, in Nigeria's political sphere being great or just a nice person or whatever is not enough because our country is a mosaic of diverse and, oftentimes, mortal enemies. For the above reason, any individual seeking for a position at the center must never be seen as belonging to any of the extreme poles. Buhari is seen that way and this is what many of his supporters are not willing to accept. Hating on non-supporters of Buhari or insinuating that non-supporters of the general are thieves who're afraid of him is absurd. Yea, maybe some are - I don't know. But at the same time there're many of us whose parents were receiving birth certificates when Buhari was taking over as military head of state, now tell me -what is it did I steal to be scared of the general?

My candid give-away for Buhari's supporters is the following:
(1) Buhari is highly polarizing (that's a fact not assumption) and as such will be almost impossible to return for the second time as Nigeria's president irrespective of who he picks as VP.
(2) Paring him with another muslim will not only make his chances exponentially impossible, it will quickly disintegrate Nigeria if such combo wins, which I think could win.

Let me expatiate a bit on the following statements - "exponentially impossible," and its seeming contradiction, "which I think could win."

Let's try to be objective for a minute. We know that GEJ's support is strong in SE & SS. Middle Belt and SW have some support for GEJ but it still could go either way especially in SW. So, for that reason let's give GEJ a chunk of Middle Belt and let SW muslims go to Buhari. Now that leaves SW Christians in play. Given this scenario, if Buhari pairs with a South West Muslim its obvious that all of SW, NE, NW, and a good chunk of NC is going his way and this is enough to beat GEJ. But then another headache sets in: will SE & SS, the two predominantly Christian enclaves, watch idly while 'their dark' day unfolds? Folks, your answers are as good as mine - its game over.

Now, this is the "exponential impossibility" I was talking about: you win and lose - simultaneously! This is not USA or Europe. No strong enclave is going to play dead in this century. We see what happened in CAR and many more so its imperative we ponder on the outcome of some choices before thinking we can easily force it down the throat of others.

Buhari is a pill most of us will never in a million years accept. And accompanying the general down our throat paired with another muslim as VP, especially now that we're much more wary and apprehensive of extreme Islam (and for good reasons)? Wow! you've got to be kidding - that's practically saying good-bye to Nigeria as a union.
My brother, I must profoundly apologise for having not more than 1 like and 1 share to acknowledge this brilliant piece of analysis

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2014
ratiken:

With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria.

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda.

Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?
Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?

I live in lagos and like many resident lagosians, I've got nothing but praise 4 fashola but the issues u raised are pertinent and demands consideration leading me to wonder, is anything ever what it seems? undecided
ratiken:

With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria.

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda.

Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?
Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?

I live in lagos and like many resident lagosians, I've got nothing but praise 4 fashola but the issues u raised are pertinent and demands consideration leading me to wonder, is anything ever what it seems?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 12:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
Omimah:

It's you people from the SE that think the north is polarized on religious lines when it comes to sharing power in the north. T. Y. Danjuma, David Mark, Paul Unongo, Solomon Lar, etc were/are northern christians but enjoy the support of the moslem dominated north. Sunday Awoniyi, a Yoruba christian from Kogi State was the chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum. T. Y. Danjuma was once the chairman. The current one is also a christian.
In July 1966, Murtala Muhammed, a moslem led a coup d'état and handed over to Yakubu Gowon, a christian. In 1975, Joe Garba, a northern christian who co-ordinated the coup d'état that ousted Yakubu Gowon called on Murtala Muhammed to lead the country. Didn't he see T. Y. Danjuma, a northern christian of the same rank of Brigadier like Muhammed?
So far, norther Nigerian with 19 states, is the only part of the country with governors' forum. The 18 southern states don't have. The 6 states each in the SS and SW don't have. The 5 in the SE don't have.

Nigeria wasn't so polarised along religous lines back then as it is now, so what applied back then wouldn't and doesn't apply now, not after maitatsine, buhari, religous riots and murders, boko haram among others, am not from the north but have friends from there both christian and muslim, in recent years I have noticed my nothern christian friends getting edgy and defensive, they are also increasingly prone to anger and irritation against muslims in general and southern christians too who they feel have abandoned them in their struggle for survival against an ever encroaching and militant muslim majority in the north and if you've been following the news over the past two decades, you'll understand why.
Also, why should the fact that they hold ceremonial positions with little or no effective power like chairmanship of the ACF be celebrated when the real power (presidency) is reserved for the hausa\fulani oligarchy?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 12:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
justhelp:
The only problem i think people from SE/SS and have is that, they are not well educated to see politics as non a religion component, they often belief they are religious and only Christianity is the way, they dont want to accommodate any other religion as if they are saint, they are ignorance and illiterate, unlike people from SW, who are well educated about religion and politics no one in the SW has ever come up with any religion issues related to politics, is only my people from the SE, GOD will deliver them from politics of tribalism and religion.

Am trying to resist the temptation not to insult you but am sorry, I must call you very daft indeed (apology included) people from south-south, south-east not well educated, ignorant and illiterate? Don't know about the south-east but are you by some grand mistake reffering to my south-south in those terms? Dude re-enlighten yourself before making such errors again.
Re: yes, religion and politics shouldn't mix in an ideal democracy but Nigerian democracy isn't ideal, is it?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
Omimah:

Boko Haram is just a sect. Go close to any northerner you see how they embrace people irrespective of their tribe or religion.

Yes, like they embraced my uncle with a knife in his throat at kano during one of those sharia riots in 2003, we never had a body to bury, like they embraced his hausa driver by chopping of his right hand for trying to protect him, like they've been embracing southerners and northern muslims over the years and yet, during any riot in lagos, I can not bring myself to go hausa stalking or hunting because I always see them first and above anything else as human and just like me, despite my grief and I live with a few of them, maybe am more northern than your average hausa.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
Omimah:

Boko Haram is just a sect. Go close to any northerner you see how they embrace people irrespective of their tribe or religion.

I meant southerners and northern christians
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
SamIkenna:
I'm getting the impression that many people think the elites divided the country into religious camps. This notion is largely flawed. The elites didn't, to a large extent, divide it rather the society drifted and evolved into bitter ethnic and religious camps.

Before we put the blame squarely on elites feet we need to take a look at other nations that have highly visible and defined differences. How are they faring? Are they also divided much like we are?

The elites are good at pauperizing the masses but that's more or less about it. To attribute all the bitter differences emanating from our different political and historical evolution to the elite is simply seeking for a scapegoat. Even the British knew we would not work so why are we blaming phantom elites for our un-bridgeable ethnic and religious bickering? Go to Spain, UK, China, India, CAR, Congo, Yemen, Indonesia, Philippine, even in the US Texas is always threatening to leave the Union. The list is endless.

Today we see the carnage going on in Ukraine and Chechen, Iraqi and Turkish Kurds at each other's throat - these are realities of modern nations that aren't really nations in true sense. Nigeria is not from another planet, we're part of humanity and as such we reason and act like the rest of mankind. Each time we wake up and read how ISIS beheaded this and that, or that a bomb exploded in Tel-Aviv or Baghdad we flinch. It reminds us of the threat our perceived enemies or opponents pose. Each time we mourn the loss of lives from Boko Haram insanity or Fulani cattle herders we flinch again. By the time we're through with soaking all these bad news whether true or fabricated we're half-way done or, sometimes, completely through with our desire to keep our camps from incursion from other camps. We become un-malleable to reason and even to the plight of our perceived opponents.

There's enough blame to go round but at the end of the day I believe its disingenuous to think that its only the elites that ruptured our oneness whereas the experience and news we got and continue to get has nothing to do with our un-bridgeable gulf. A nation is much like a living breathing being. It possesses memory and as such can tap from it. This sole reason is why a nation should do no wrong to a section of her population because once its done its done - the notion or sanctity of nationhood from that moment becomes violated, memory refuses to be erased, and things go downhill.

Can't fault your argument or logic............................

Dat's just the ultra rational part of me speaking
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
ratiken:

And how on earth am I supposed to have an intelligent discussion with a bigot that already stated that nigeria is worse off under GEJ.

Let me ask.... By whose standard is it worse off?, yours?, APCs?
By IMF and World Banks, we are better off, by every available economic indices.... We are progressing. My roads are better, my power supply is better, agriculture is better, infrastructures are better, railways are better, our elections are free and fair, we have battled ebola to a stand still, we are battling bokoharam despite the distractions and oppositions, I am hopeful about the FG housing loan I applied for which has been approved (this was advertized nationwide), opposition now has a voice, there is freedom of information that allowed us abuse the presidency, farmers including my friends make humongous amounts of money from product exports....

So I ask you again, by whose standard are thing worse? COS BY MY STANDARD, this is the best it has gotten for us so far and as such GEJ should continue for another 10yrs until we find ourselves some common sense. Our 50yrs mess cannot be cleaned in 4yrs and its stupid to expect immediate return on economic strides that this govt have achieved. However, enterprising minds are already benefiting from the fertile economic terrain.

So my good friend, with all the politeness I can muster......just SHUT UP

WOOOOOOOOOORD!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Dmouthed(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2014
oluamid:

How about you stop weeping more than the bereaved

Thank God you know they are BEREAVED.

Its because they allow themselves to be used and the cry for it without learning their lessings
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

You wouldn't even vote for a Jesus/John The Baptist combo if APC put them forward. Stop deceiving yourself. By now everyone on here knows you trick and sees through your scam. We know that your job here is to try and convince people who are still on the fence but leaning towards Buhari to insist that he should be ditched for a less popular candidate so that GEJ can have a free ride. You have failed! Buhari has a guaranteed 12million votes, plus millions of new converts. In contrast, it is clear to all that GEJ has lost support by the millions while barely gaining any new ones, so your continuous rants from thread to thread is kind of understandable.

I know you gotta eat, but I'd hate to be you right now. Your job seems to be a hard one and probably costs more than its really worth.

You and your 40million, then 20million, now 12million votes for buhari and every other -ish you spew from thread to thread sef, don't you ever get tired?
What crystal ball do/are you peep/peeping into? It must be getting very very hazy in it because your figures seem to be dropping or maybe the reality of the “anti-buhari (not neccesarily pro-GEJ) vote“ seems to be catching up with you.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
How many of you voted for Pastor Tuned Bakare when was on the ticket?

Remember the anti-buhari vote I talked about?
And you actually think much has changed on that score grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
How many times have Muslims stopped you on the street or knocked at your door in attempts to convert you to their religion?

Because methods are the all important difference, some attempt to win you by love and reasoning and they call themselves christians, others hold a knife to your throat and ask you to accept the decision they choose for you or die and they call themselves muslims (of course you'll claim they are extremists) but the tag muslim still sticks.

Do I also need to spell out the different ramifications of both methods vis-a-vis with the former your life and security is guaranteed irrespective of the choice you make while with the latter whether you live or die depends on making the choice which is right by your assailants?

And you still wonder why regardless of whether or buhari parades himself as the messiah there will always be many Nigerians like me voting not for manifestos or for reforms but just simply anti- a man that won't vehemently condemn such muslims as I stated above simply because some of the evils they carry out are close to his heart's desire.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by oluamid(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
Dmouthed:

Thank God you know they are BEREAVED.

Its because they allow themselves to be used and the cry for it without learning their lessings

I hope you are only trying to play with words and not that you lack the ability to comprehend what I said.

I don't abuse people and I won't start with you. But you really tempted me.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
sammy187:
Nigeria is a Country made up of Different Tribes and Religions, no doubt every tribe wants to rule our multitribal Land whether form the SS SE SW NE NW NC. Honestly Nigeria can do better than the aspirants presented but thats another topic, back to the point. In the 2011 results CPC won in the NE NW NC PDP won in the SW SS SE APC won in OSUN. the results are as follows:

Nigerian Presidential Election Results - 2011
PDP ; 22,495,187
ACN ; 2,067,301
CPC ; 12,214,853
ANPP ; 917,012
Others ; 504,866
TOTAL; 38,199,219
reg VOTERS; 73,528,040

the excuse given in 2011 for the fall out of APC states to PDP in the south west was that the National Leader was paid, WRONG!. but for the sake of statistics if we merge ACN,CPC,ANPP the APC Aspirant would win the 2015 elections.

we vote for sentimental reasons mainly because of our past, We use past experiences to generalize and make judgements thats why a Christian would not feel comfortable with a Muslim/Muslim ticket regardless of the potentials or leadership traits of the people involved. this same notion would make the SW individual less comfortable when a Southerner goes against a Northerner thats why SW voted for PDP massively in 2011.

In a bid not to sound pro GEJ or PDP i strongly feel that what happened in 2011 would most likely repeat itself, he has the sentimental statistics, he has the incumbency factor,he has the support of international and local business owners and less not forget he controls every single barrel of crude produced.

Very factual
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Alisha4U:

At the height of the Sharia debate during the Obasanjo administration, Buhari declared that Muslims should vote only for fellow Muslims. This was politically suicidal for a man seeking national office. He became an advocate for implementation of Sharia all over Nigeria. He protested to the Oyo State governor, in the context of a dispute between Fulani herdsmen and indigenous farmers in the state, that “your people are killing my people.” This turned out to be unfounded and perhaps the reverse.
His threats during the campaign for the 2011 elections incited widespread violence in the North after he lost. His supporters went on a rampage; looting and killing; in spite of the fact that, by all accounts, the elections were adjudged the most free and fair in the history of Nigeria’s current democratic experiment. By the time the mayhem had subsided, over 1000 people had been slaughtered in cold blood and some 65,000 displaced.
Forgetting that a statement made in Hausa would readily be translated into English, Buhari later declared unapologetically in a BBC interview: “If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.” These are the tokens of an irresponsible politician, whose ambitions for power supersede the national interest. Who then are the dogs and baboons that Buhari has in mind to soak in blood if and when he loses yet again come 2015? Are they his children or are they those of others?
With the Boko Haram insurgency in the north, Buhari played to the Northern gallery yet again, calling the Jonathan government “the biggest Boko Haram.” Wole Olaniyi was a fly in the wall at a meeting in Kano Government House designed to persuade PDP rebel governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, to decamp to the APC. Assuming that only Northerners were present, Buhari declared the Boko Haram was a “strategic plan” by the government of Goodluck Jonathan to “destroy the North.” When Jonathan declared a state of emergency in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa states, Buhari still saw this with Northern goggles, insinuating that the President is waging war on the North.
President of the North
Without a doubt, Buhari has massive support in the North. Indeed, he is the most popular Northern politician in the North today. But that precisely remains his undoing at the centre. The more he has been identified as a Northern champion, the less attractive he has become as a national choice. Even in the North, his support base is limited to the Muslim population. He does not appeal to Northern Christians. Then there is the added factor of the opposition of his implacable opponents among the Northern elite. Men like Babangida and Atiku would rather die than allow Buhari get to Aso Rock.
One thing is certain, the South-South and the South-East will not vote for Buhari in 2015. Not only that; there are no buyers for Buhari’s sectarian politics in the South-West. No matter what Tinubu might be telling him, the people of the South-West will not vote for Buhari in 2015. We already had the template in 2011, when Buhari tried to sell himself, first by balancing his ticket with a Yoruba man; and then by making sure the Yoruba man is a Christian; a pastor no less. But it just did not wash. It will not work in 2015.
The worst thing that can happen to Northern presidential aspirations in 2015 is for Buhari to be on the APC ballot. That is a sure guarantee that the North will not be providing the next president. Buhari would be a shoo-in in an election for president of Northern Nigeria. But in an election encompassing the entire country, the best he can envisage is to be a kingmaker. He cannot be king. The nearest Buhari will get to Aso Rock in 2015 is by attending the Council of State meetings.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/buhari-will-never-president-nigeria/#sthash.JXa1DlN6.dpuf

Seriously! Is there anything more to add? Do we want a northern president or a national president? Is a corrupt centrist GEJ truly worse than a nepotic islamist extremist GMB?

Can't we see the ticking bomb this is?

If uhuru kenyatta can be prosecuted at the ICJ (international court of justice) for inciting post election violence bothering on genocide in kenya, why not buhari or maybe it was just dogs and baboons (southerners and christians) that were killed not people (fulani herdmen) as he thought was the case in oyo in 2003.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
Why do some people bristle at mention of GMB presidency? at the moment there is no more eminently qualified Nigerian on the presidential contest of any party or envisage one that can match him. find his antecedents ; (this is borrowed by the way) , I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who
constitute a significant chunk of our voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the
Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be misinformed and misled by needless
propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly
above who only have faint recollections of the Buhari era and the level of
ignorance about that era is amazing.
Before being MILITARY Head of State,Buhari had been Governor of one of
the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as
Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.
Please consider the following unassailable facts:
•He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.
•There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his
successor IBB!
•In his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal
discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other
era, even military).
•JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt
leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
•Under his watch as PTF Chairman,what he did in road construction in that
short period hasn't been matched by12yrs of the PDP.
•Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much
benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his
time.
•Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for
Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station,
much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.
•He could have retired into nauseating opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or
even OBJ but didn't.
•Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the
ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said of him... "All I need from Buhari is his
word, I can take it to the bank".
•He is the only politician in the North today who fills rallies without renting a
crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!
•He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF
because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government,
his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse
of the same government.
•He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in
Abuja .
•Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up
vindicating him! The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running
of PTF before it was scrapped with the
aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the
one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF
funds! Buhari again, was vindicated
•He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism
to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge.
His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State !
•His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made
environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc
features of our national life even till today Does it then surprise you why
corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to
corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office! So shine your eyes and make
the right decision. If honesty, trust, integrity, sincerity, dedication and probity are the things you want forNigeria ,now is the time to choose
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by 5thNOTE: 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
But what is wrong with Buhari vs Oshiomole ticket? We cant allow muslim/muslim ticket in nigeria. And must they always take governors or former polictical holders. Cant i who have not held any post stand up and be elected as president? Say no to Islamisation of nigeria, rather it must be equity, as in the north so in the south.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by PenSniper: 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
bayulll01:
pathetic what can u say about ur useless president or other PDP governor a won olote oshi

Political bigots like you operate in a blindfold so cannot reason objectively. Blind people like you will always hail one-eyed men like Fashola. I dont belong to your type because am not tied to the apron springs of political jobbers and parties that have infested Nigeria so i can see better. We are gradually but steadily approaching the hour of reckoning when we shall see what stench they all represent.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by BraniacX(m): 11:58am On Nov 17, 2014
jossi994:
Why do some people bristle at mention of GMB presidency? at the moment there is no more eminently qualified Nigerian on the presidential contest of any party or envisage one that can match him. find his antecedents ; (this is borrowed by the way) , I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who
constitute a significant chunk of our voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the
Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be misinformed and misled by needless
propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly
above who only have faint recollections of the Buhari era and the level of
ignorance about that era is amazing.
Before being MILITARY Head of State,Buhari had been Governor of one of
the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as
Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.
Please consider the following unassailable facts:
•He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.
•There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his
successor IBB!
•In his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal
discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other
era, even military).
•JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt
leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
•Under his watch as PTF Chairman,what he did in road construction in that
short period hasn't been matched by12yrs of the PDP.
•Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much
benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his
time.
•Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for
Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station,
much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.
•He could have retired into nauseating opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or
even OBJ but didn't.
•Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the
ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said of him... "All I need from Buhari is his
word, I can take it to the bank".
•He is the only politician in the North today who fills rallies without renting a
crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!
•He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF
because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government,
his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse
of the same government.
•He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in
Abuja .
•Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up
vindicating him! The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running
of PTF before it was scrapped with the
aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the
one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF
funds! Buhari again, was vindicated
•He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism
to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge.
His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State !
•His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made
environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc
features of our national life even till today Does it then surprise you why
corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to
corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office! So shine your eyes and make
the right decision. If honesty, trust, integrity, sincerity, dedication and probity are the things you want forNigeria ,now is the time to choose

Are you done ranting?
Methinks you like the sound of your own voice irrespective of how ugly it sounds...
Anyway, since you claim to be educating us, how about we spoonfeed you your own medicine?
As agreed, its "back to school" for you, so where is proffesor datole? Because i'll honestly admit my inability at being able to re-educate an ignoramus of your calibre [I]proffesor datole! Proffesor datole!![/i] we have another Nigerian sufferer of logical and ideological myopism, please leave your sabbatical and come help him out.

Hopefully you've or should have or be able to at least learn/learned a few things to correct your misconceptions afterall, there is no cure for ignorance like truth and facts and next time don't come spewing falsehoods hoping that ppl are too gullible to know better and/or too lazy to try to find out the truth.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 18, 2014
BraniacX:

Are you done ranting?
Methinks you like the sound of your own voice irrespective of how ugly it sounds...
Anyway, since you claim to be educating us, how about we spoonfeed you your own medicine?
As agreed, its "back to school" for you, so where is proffesor datole? Because i'll honestly admit my inability at being able to re-educate an ignoramus of your calibre [I]proffesor datole! Proffesor datole!![/i] we have another Nigerian sufferer of logical and ideological myopism, please leave your sabbatical and come help him out.

Hopefully you've or should have or be able to at least learn/learned a few things to correct your misconceptions afterall, there is no cure for ignorance like truth and facts and next time don't come spewing falsehoods hoping that ppl are too gullible to know better and/or too lazy to try to find out the truth.
Did you brush your mouth this morning?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Occurstaem(m): 4:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mogidi:
@OP
Am also a Christian but from the SS.(Edo state)
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been as subjugated like the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the core North wants full sharia.

Try Christian/Christian and watch bombs rain down. Mtcheew!!!

SW Christians may have surrendered to the superior might of SW Muslims by having only moslem governors, the rest of us haven't capitulated.
We will not be part of a plot to end Christendom in Nigeria.
Please calm down. Okay let start with this.
In 2003 in The State of Osun, PDP choose Olagunsoye Oyinlola(christian) and Erelu Obada(christian) as governor and deputy respectively even when Muslims population is more than christians population in the State. Muslims did not complain. Someone even created a thread about the governors of the South West since the return of democrazy as from 1999 till date. Can someone please remember me or show 'Mogidi' the link to that thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction / 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.