Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (61969 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ratiken(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2014
With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria.

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda.

Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?
Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Mogidi: 7:33am On Oct 20, 2014
Omimah:

The only geo-political zone that is hell-bent religious intolerant is the SE. Edo and Delta states are to some extent religious tolerant. In Edo north, for obvious reason(s) a place like Auchi will vote for APC.

Edo north remains the only pro APC region in Edo state and for a good reason, they're muslims.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Mogidi: 7:38am On Oct 20, 2014
abu12:

Chino u lied, north central state Christian don't bother about religion. Most of the family in north central states are mixed family, like SW. we are not religious bigot like SE

Hmmm! PDP won Buruku on Saturday with a whopping majority, APC could only garner 300 votes.

Read it here, elections are not won on the internet. https://www.nairaland.com/1956986/pdp-wins-buruku-federal-constituency#27280953

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by bakynes(m): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2014
omenka:
A Fashola who banned the wearing of Hijab in public schools.... Please ignore the useless swine. They aren't worth a micro-second of your time. Let them keep all that Jonathan's scaremongering in the SE. The people of SW are damn too educated for all that nonesense. Fashola and Buhari can both be Buddhist Monks for all most of us care, as long as they can get the job done, we got no problem with what else ever.
You damn right na only SE b religious fanatics I wonder if u will find a single mosque there.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Mogidi: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2014
arsetalks:
I don't think APC is even bothering with the SS/SE. We all know GEJ will clear the votes in those areas. APC only needs SW, the core north and some of the North east/north central.

[size=13pt]And if you think the Christians in the north will vote GEJ en mass then you are on a long thing[/size]. A good number of people in that zone have it in for GEJ. They believe his administration has a hand in boko haram or is deliberately not doing something to end the killing.

Buhari/Fashola ticket is a masterstroke that PDP seriously need to worry about.

Two days ago, (Saturday) The Independent Electoral Commission declared Mr John Tiav of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), winner of the re-contested Buruku Federal Constituency seat in Benue.

Only 395 people bothered to vote APC in Buruku, anything lower than the quoted figure and the APC would have lost their deposit.

Bros elections are not won on the internet. https://www.nairaland.com/1956986/pdp-wins-buruku-federal-constituency#27280953

5 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by arsetalks(m): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:

Two days ago, (Saturday) The Independent Electoral Commission declared Mr John Tiav of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), winner of the re-contested Buruku Federal Constituency seat in Benue.

Only 395 people bothered to vote APC in Buruku, anything lower than the quoted figure and the APC would have lost their deposit.

Bros elections are not won on the internet. https://www.nairaland.com/1956986/pdp-wins-buruku-federal-constituency#27280953

No one said elections are won on the Internet and the presidential election is definitely another kettle of fish on it own. DEFINITELY.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Omimah: 8:05am On Oct 20, 2014
ovadoze:

Please define religious intolerance, did wee not vote Abiola/Kingibe ticket? Have you ever heard of any religious crisis in the South east. The fact is that so much has happened to South Easterners in recent years in d name of religion that we can't afford to just fold our hands, wether we like it or not, religion is a serious political tool in dis country and every party must recognise that, in as much as I don't want us to mix religion and politics yet I can't just wish it away because it is deep rooted in this country. The most religious intolerant region in this country is the North. At every slight provocation they kill and maim our people yet you folks want to force down a muslim/muslim ticket down our throat, my brother if u re in my shoes you won't accept it. Lets call a spade a spade.
Would you say you've not heard Ndigbo call anybody that joins APC an Islamist, including Rochas Okorocha? Would you say you didn't notice how a traditional ruler of Islamic faith in Imo State was treated on this forum by Ndigbo? Would you say you didn't notice how Ndigbo on this forum reacted when they learnt of an Islamic family in Ebonyi State that was planning to establish an Islamic university in the state?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by gratiaeo(m): 8:10am On Oct 20, 2014
If Muslim (especially northern Muslim) can not support Christian/Christian ticket why must i as a Christian support Muslim/Muslim ticket?
We must stop pretending, Buhari/Fashola ticket ll never sell, not even when we are fighting Islamic religious war

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ndcide(m): 8:21am On Oct 20, 2014
Can we all note that those who create discussion topics like this are the ones dividing the country and not the FG as some would want. us to believe.

I am in the SW and will vote here. I will vote based on my conviction and interest. I know I'm not part of the block vote calculations of the @Op and his ilks.

Interestingly, there are many more like me.

Those who hold strongly the opinions of the Op, believe in electoral malpractice. no matter how witty they may sound. Guess what, when you talk about electoral malpractice, The look the other side and pontificate. That's why I don't take them serious.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by gratiaeo(m): 8:33am On Oct 20, 2014
Omimah:

The only geo-political zone that is hell-bent religious intolerant is the SE. Edo and Delta states are to some extent religious tolerant. In Edo north, for obvious reason(s) a place like Auchi will vote for APC.
Pls i want u to answer this honest question:
(1) can northern Muslim vote Christian/Christian ticket
(2) why did Buhari in 2011 ask Muslim to vote only Muslim ticket
(3) If northern Muslim can not vote Christian/Christian ticket why should i as Christian vote Muslim/Muslim ticket?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Omimah: 8:40am On Oct 20, 2014
gratiaeo:

Pls i want u to answer this honest question:
(1) can northern Muslim vote Christian/Christian ticket
(2) why did Buhari in 2011 ask Muslim to vote only Muslim ticket
(3) If northern Muslim can not vote Christian/Christian ticket why should i as Christian vote Muslim/Muslim ticket?
1. Yes. If, say, David Mark or T. Y. Danjuma (two strong northerners of the christian faith) picks any popular southern politician.
2. Give me the link.
3. Answer given in (1) above.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by mrmetoo1: 8:46am On Oct 20, 2014
I'm not sure if people are trying to act ignorant for argument sake or if they're just ignorant. Please guys how is Buhari going to islamize Nigeria? I just want one person that has been saying this to give us a scenario. Guys this is a democracy, laws have to be passed. Except everyone in the senate too becomes Islamic extremist then yeah maybe. Now Fashola, the Muslim, celebrates Christmas more than any of the Muslim celebrations with the decorations and governor's house carols, etc to the point Muslims in Lagos started to complain. This is why during Sallah you start seeing decorations here and there. If they islamize Nigeria, he'll have betrayed his wife, probably some of his kids and a bunch of folks in his family. The Muslim/Muslim debate doesn't make sense to me, it doesn't add up to what people are trying to paint it to be.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 20, 2014
Let's wait and see if s/w will use their religion as collateral for perceived growth
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by thirty(m): 9:21am On Oct 20, 2014
I know and i am very sure that Gov. Babatunde Fashola is not a christian. It was Senator Bola Tinubu that change the religous status of the man.
How and why? The political stake holder in Lagos prefer Fashola ( a christian) than any other candidates presented but they want a muslim candidate that is why he came throu Ansar deen society of Nigeria.
Secondly, the case hijab and crimination, can a muslim oppose his religous doctrine and practice. Capital NO.
Thirdly, google it, Fashola is a grand patron of Boy bridgage of Nigeria and i dout it if a practicing musilim can do that. And many more.
Today, Fashola has been short in the leg by his master.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by thirty(m): 9:22am On Oct 20, 2014
I know and i am very sure that Gov. Babatunde Fashola is not a christian. It was Senator Bola Tinubu that change the religous status of the man.
How and why? The political stake holder in Lagos prefered Fashola (a christian) than any other candidates presented but they want a muslim candidate that is why he came throu Ansar deen society of Nigeria.
Secondly, the case hijab and crimination, can a muslim oppose his religous doctrine and practice. Capital NO.
Thirdly, google it, Fashola is a grand patron of Boy bridgage of Nigeria and i dout it if a practicing musilim can do that. And many more.
Today, Fashola has been short in the leg by his master.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:54am On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.
Why do you hate so much? What happened in your childhood that made you so filled with hate as an adult?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:55am On Oct 20, 2014
SamIkenna:

In the nutshell you're saying SW will vote for a ticket that has one of their sons in it - that is: if a ticket has their son they vote for it but if it doesn't .... they vote objectively. Now, you see why 2015 is 'the' year of reckoning? I guess I'm loving the stalemate: who will win, who will be declared, and who will lose.....This, indeed, will make a blockbuster.
Isn't that the only reason Ibos are standing behind Ebele Jonathan?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:

I don't think folks in SS/SE will contemplate having two muslim rulers. Why not two Christian rulers and then watch as dozen new boko haram movements spring up. The Northern/Muslim hegemony has been broken and long may it remain so.
The only people suffering are ordinary, poor people. Your fight should be against the Northern Political elite. What you're doing is like ordinary Ibos being punished for the since of Andy Uba, Nzeribe, Peter Obi etc

You need to stop being so hateful.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:02am On Oct 20, 2014
emmasege:
I perfectly agree wt fashola as VP but not as him pairing up wt a northern muslim. The last time I checked Nigeria still had 19 northern states. Why is it so difficult to get a northern christian as d flag bearer? Simply because it's not about power returning to f north but to a Muslim.
Save for Gowons era, it's always been a Muslim anytime a northener is in power & a Christian anytime a southerner is in same position. For once, I'd like to see a northern Christian as president and a southern Muslim as VP. Nigeria belongs to all of us!
If Nigeria truly belongs to you all, you currently have a Christian President that's been there for 5yrs, before that, you had OBJ that was there for 8yrs...

It's starting to seem to me that Nigerian Christians are actually more intolerant than their Muslim counterparts than I previously thought.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2014
saintneo:
Let's stop deceiving ourselves.
Why can't we have Fashola contest for presidency? Why can't APC field a "performer" rather than a "pretender"?
If Buhari is genuine, then he should retire to the background just like other elderstatesmen; Gowon, Obasanjo, et al. APC should not impose Buhari on the people.
Promise him 10million votes from Iboland, and I bet APC won't hesitate to put him forward as its Presidential candidate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by anonimi: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
If Nigeria truly belongs to you all, you currently have a Christian President that's been there for 5yrs, before that, you had OBJ that was there for 8yrs...

It's starting to seem to me that Nigerian Christians are actually more intolerant than their Muslim counterparts than I previously thought.

Why is your ARITHMETIC so deficient
Jonathan has been president for five years shocked

BTW, why stop with Jona and OBJoke when Nigeria has been in existence for 54 years?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:13am On Oct 20, 2014
Kinkale:
Laffing in spanish!! Seriously trow the recycled trash away.. Am from the south but won't object to a fashola and any oda southerner or easterner.. Let the north go and die.
You are from the East! Saying "I'm from the South" means you're saying you've got something in common with areas like Yoruba land and Edo land when in reality you've got nothing in common with them. The North might go and die, but stop trying to form fake alliances just for the sake of politics.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:16am On Oct 20, 2014
anonimi:

Why is your ARITHMETIC so deficient
Jonathan has been president for five years shocked

BTW, why stop with Jona and OBJoke when Nigeria has been in existence for 54 years?
54 years and Christians had no hand in its rot?

The biggest problem with yall Nigerians is your hypocrisy. Lies, burying your head in the sand and ignoring truth are your expertise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by anonimi: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
54 years and Christians had no hand in its rot?

The biggest problem with yall Nigerians is your hypocrisy. Lies, burying your head in the sand and ignoring truth are your expertise.

Did I say that "Christians had no hand in its rot"
Why are you twisting my words to mean something entirely different?
Is that not DECEPTION and MISINFORMATION bordering on LIES shocked
Why would you want to do that?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Mogidi: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
The only people suffering are ordinary, poor people. Your fight should be against the Northern Political elite. What you're doing is like ordinary Ibos being punished for the since of Andy Uba, Nzeribe, Peter Obi etc

You need to stop being so hateful.

Bros am not Igbo am from Edo state and as for being hateful, you couldn't be more wrong. Stating how marginalised the SW Christians are can hardly be described as hateful. You will recall I said in my post that Muslims wouldn't agree to a Christian/Christian ticket. Whats good for the goose is also good for the gander.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by gratiaeo(m): 10:44am On Oct 20, 2014
Omimah:

1. Yes. If, say, David Mark or T. Y. Danjuma (two strong northerners of the christian faith) picks any popular southern politician.
2. Give me the link.
3. Answer given in (1) above.
Your assumption on David Mark and T Y Danjuma is a mere illusion because the reality on the ground says otherwise, No other ethnic group or religious organization has clamorize about political post in Nigeria than Northern Muslim.
Yes Buhari asked Muslim to vote only Muslim candidate in 2003 (not 2011)
Here's d link
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/200201210250.html/

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by gratiaeo(m): 11:03am On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:

Bros am not Igbo am from Edo state and as for being hateful, you couldn't be more wrong. Stating how marginalised the SW Christians are can hardly be described as hateful. You will recall I said in my post that Muslims wouldn't agree to a Christian/Christian ticket. Whats good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Don't mind those Muslim hypocrites when it comes 2 Muslin/Muslim ticket they will tell u that it doesn't matter but present Christian/Christian to them ACF will cry like a rabbis infested dog.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Olaolufred(m): 11:12am On Oct 20, 2014
soroptimist:

You better save your energy from engaging people like Shigidi whose soul has no iota of objectivity

Charlatans like them for want of nothing superior to say will resort to stale ethnoreligious National Anthem of Sharia,Islamic agenda to paint a fantastic ticket of Buhari/Fashola bad

Yet we know that Fashola's wife of about 20years is a Christian and we never heard she was forced to convert to Islam
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:27am On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:

Still doesn't mean you're not filled with hate. Im going through our convo and I don't see where I accused you of being Ibo. I see how you could have construed it as such though... I also see how a non-ibo would've taken it how I REALLY meant it,so, honestly, this puts your claimed ethnicity in doubt.

In any event, I honestly don't see why I should be discussing with someone that made the type of comment below.

Mogidi:

Anenih's sagacity is renown in Nigeria but more so in Edo state.

It was through working with Anenih that the courts overturned Osunbor's reign, thus making Oshiomhole our governor.

Anenih has the staying power of Awolowo, the manipulative strenght of Babangida and best of all, the oral skills of Obama, you really need to be in his presence.

Anenih has surpassed Anthony Enahoro (the man who moved the motion for independence) as the greatest politician ever to come from Edo state.

There is no one like Anenih, he's a rare breed, Baba Anenih I hail O0oo.

According to Anenih, if only one person votes next year, that vote will be PDPs, let me not say too much.

Watch this space.

https://www.nairaland.com/mogidi/posts/10
Your mentality is way different from mine, and to you corruption means sagacity so I doubt we'll be seeing eye to eye on this topic.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Omimah: 11:36am On Oct 20, 2014
gratiaeo:

Your assumption on David Mark and T Y Danjuma is a mere illusion because the reality on the ground says otherwise, No other ethnic group or religious organization has clamorize about political post in Nigeria than Northern Muslim.
Yes Buhari asked Muslim to vote only Muslim candidate in 2003 (not 2011)
Here's d link
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/200201210250.html/
It's you people from the SE that think the north is polarized on religious lines when it comes to sharing power in the north. T. Y. Danjuma, David Mark, Paul Unongo, Solomon Lar, etc were/are northern christians but enjoy the support of the moslem dominated north. Sunday Awoniyi, a Yoruba christian from Kogi State was the chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum. T. Y. Danjuma was once the chairman. The current one is also a christian.
In July 1966, Murtala Muhammed, a moslem led a coup d'état and handed over to Yakubu Gowon, a christian. In 1975, Joe Garba, a northern christian who co-ordinated the coup d'état that ousted Yakubu Gowon called on Murtala Muhammed to lead the country. Didn't he see T. Y. Danjuma, a northern christian of the same rank of Brigadier like Muhammed?
So far, norther Nigerian with 19 states, is the only part of the country with governors' forum. The 18 southern states don't have. The 6 states each in the SS and SW don't have. The 5 in the SE don't have.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Walphem(m): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.
if Fashola will support full sharia, then all schools would ve been allowing their muslims students to use Hijab-but he never allowed that-

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Walphem(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
soroptimist:

You better save your energy from engaging people like Shigidi whose soul has no iota of objectivity

Charlatans like them for want of nothing superior to say will resort to stale ethnoreligious National Anthem of Sharia,Islamic agenda to paint a fantastic ticket of Buhari/Fashola bad

Yet we know that Fashola's wife of about 20years[b][/b] is a Christian and we never heard she was forced to convert [b][/b]to Islam

I like that part for about 20 years..before he even considered Political position

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Jonathan In Presence Of Osinbajo Receives Loud Ovations At Reedemed Camp / Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters / Buhari Observing Eid Prayer In Daura (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.