Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (61956 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Ttalk: 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
emiye:
Load of jargons at once grin This must be TAN inspired. grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

TAN is a movement, you can only be a follower of SATAN to be a member

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by PhockPhockMan: 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
eliment:
a person of fashola will not encourage sharia no matter what, he is too enlightened to do that
As a vice president, fashola can never stop Buhari accomplishing his wish.

But God forbidden.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by PhockPhockMan: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Have you ever sat down to ponder on why MKO/Kingibe Muslim/Muslim ticket won in 1993 but did not rule?

Our God is a consuming fire bro.
And Buhari/Idiagbon regime is the first and the only Muslim /Muslim ticket ever. Buhari is a Islamic fundamentalist.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Olaolufred(m): 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
As a vice president, fashola can never stop Buhari accomplishing his wish.

But God forbidden.

Please, Change this "Forbidden" to what it should be.
Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by boujaye: 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
toludadon:
there are so much hues and cries about the volatility of all muslim ticket in Nigeria, as a yoruba xtian, i am bold to say that majority of my fellow yoruba xtians don't even know Fashola is a muslim. they see him as performance personified hence his being an achiever and intellectual is more pronounced than his religious inclination. the result of my findings and interactions is that SW is a wrong place to play politics of religion bcuz almost all families are evenly distributed along religious lines , hence they see you first as a yoruba man before your religion.
hence a Buhari/Fashola in the SW is seeing as North/Yoruba ticket and it will surely fly.
try and see ... regret only!
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by 1stola: 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
There MUST be change.
WE NEED FRESH AIR. THE REAL ONE.
*modified
Why do Nigerians want to remain dump when it comes to
national issues? who cares about the faith of a doctor while he
or she is in the hospital for medical care? what we want is
change irrespective of the religious background of the
candidate.. come to think of it, we forget that christian nor
Muslims are not the only religion/faith in this country. what of
the traditionalist? are they not part of the citizen anymore? lets
grow up and vote wisely not based on religion.
culled from akdjr.
GEJ TILL 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
toludadon:
there are so much hues and cries about the volatility of all muslim ticket in Nigeria, as a yoruba xtian, i am bold to say that majority of my fellow yoruba xtians don't even know Fashola is a muslim. they see him as performance personified hence his being an achiever and intellectual is more pronounced than his religious inclination. the result of my findings and interactions is that SW is a wrong place to play politics of religion bcuz almost all families are evenly distributed along religious lines , hence they see you first as a yoruba man before your religion.
hence a Buhari/Fashola in the SW is seeing as North/Yoruba ticket and it will surely fly.

It won't fly. The moment the ticket is approved, is when you will be reminded he's a Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by politifact: 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
The change nigeria desire

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
Has Fashola not been inclusive enough in his style of Governance?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ElFenomeno1: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.

I think the only hint from the above is that you are suffering from dementia

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by blakky97(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.
Please what is the meaning of sharia?
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by acmilan1: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
eliment:
a person of fashola will not encourage sharia no matter what, he is too enlightened to do that

bt brf might nt object
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by msmon(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
@OP, I love your objectivity.

Breaking News: Minister Inaugurates Nigeria Education Website.
Details here:
www.nairaland.com/1958189/breaking-news-minister-education-inaugurates#

SHARE THE NEWS
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
the fact that we are still arguing over the religion of our leaders indicates we still have a long way to go. Fix the constitution and let the best man win.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
calebo101:

Is Fashola more enlightened than the leaders of the Islamic states or Egyptian brotherhoods

We do not want Muslim/Muslim ticket ooooo, make una nor kill una self put.

By the way why did APC not present Gowon as their candidate since una dey like recycling well well grin

grin

5 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by akdjr(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Why do Nigerians want to remain dump when it comes to national issues? who cares about the faith of a doctor while he or she is in the hospital for medical care? what we want is change irrespective of the religious background of the candidate.. come to think of it, we forget that christian nor Muslims are not the only religion/faith in this country. what of the traditionalist? are they not part of the citizen anymore? lets grow up and vote wisely not based on religion.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by picaso77: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
madamoringo:

Why don't you go and bring out such a candidate or is the job of anyone or your father to go and find such a candidate in the 19 northern states of Nigeria? If such a person prefers to do his business or job and not buy a form to aspire to leadership, is it the job of APC or your father to go and wake him up from his sleep and present him a candidacy form on a platter?

For years such people where they exist have been cross-carpeting from party to party, for a morsel of akara, dining with any party or individual who can promise them a piece of the national cake, then you forgot about today: the day of reckoning and accountability for public trust. If such a person cannot show Nigerians they can command a huge following not based on buying human beings as TANOids like the retardodaft president GEJ, then let them first go and build public trust and reputation for not being corrupt looters like Buhari and even if they have a religion from Mars, Nigerians will be disposed to give them a serious consideration.
you have said it all

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by morefire: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
eliment:

oh really and the General is not enlightened
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by suremanpatriot: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:

I don't think folks in SS/SE will contemplate having two muslim rulers. Why not two Christian rulers and then watch as dozen new boko haram movements spring up. The Northern/Muslim hegemony has been broken and long may it remain so.
What about the era of MKO and Babagana Kingibe? Just focus on performance track records and not religious sentiment. The devil you know is better ,as they say. grin
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by morefire: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ttalk:

TAN is a movement, you can only be a follower of SATAN to be a member

ok

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by oluvick(m): 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
@OP, thank God you are xtian. There's no RELATIONSHIP whatsoever between xtian and CHRISTIAN. You, as xtian, know what you want and we, Christians, sure know what we want.

Note: I am neither apc nor pdp. Both na same price.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sai Buhari....... grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by wazobiaN9(m): 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Have you ever sat down to ponder on why MKO/Kingibe Muslim/Muslim ticket won in 1993 but did not rule?

Our God is a consuming fire bro.

You are such a bigot and a sorry .a.s.s. You should feel ashamed that you just attempted a religious blackmail, abortive of course.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Pamcrest(f): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2014
Op, pls yoruba Christians KNOW Fashola is a Muslim and his wife is a Christian (what do u mean by "they don't know"wink.

They also remember Buhari's anti-Christian utterances of yesteryears.......Yorubas never forget such!
There's no certainty that a Buhari/Fashola ticket will sell in SW as u portray. That it worked for MKO is now history, may not happen again.

BRF for President! grin
My humble submission

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by nigerianvenom(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
PenSniper:

Your postulation is totally wrong. Your perspective is patently faulty. Am a christian from the SW and i will never vote for such a ticket at all. Fashola is also not performance personified. The problem with those who see him as a performer is that a man who has been destitute of a home for decades would see a man that offers him a narrow kiosk made of polybags as an angel.

Thank u for this thought provoking message

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by justhelp(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
The only problem i think people from SE/SS and have is that, they are not well educated to see politics as non a religion component, they often belief they are religious and only Christianity is the way, they dont want to accommodate any other religion as if they are saint, they are ignorance and illiterate, unlike people from SW, who are well educated about religion and politics no one in the SW has ever come up with any religion issues related to politics, is only my people from the SE, GOD will deliver them from politics of tribalism and religion.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by morefire: 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
toludadon:

quick question, if we had a christian/christian ticket would the same north allow that

even the Yoruba Muslims would have something to say

politics is a game on numbers and interest always remember that

may who God has anointed Win 2015. weda GEJ, weda GMB or my humble self

bless you all

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by adconline(m): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
Omimah:

The only geo-political zone that is hell-bent religious intolerant is the SE. Edo and Delta states are to some extent religious tolerant. In Edo north, for obvious reason(s) a place like Auchi will vote for APC.
Talking rubbish. SE/SS voted for Abiola\Kingibe ticket. Voted Obj/Atiku ticket, voted Yar'dua/Jonathan Ticket. Can northerners vote Christian/Christian Ticket? Nope! We are always asking southerners to sacrifice with their blood, but we are not willing to ask Northerners to sacrifice by giving up a cup of water..
Btw, if Southern Muslims are always loved by their fellow Muslims, why do they get killed in the north by Muslims during religious riots? Why do they get classified as southerners first before their faith-Islam?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by bameyi(m): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
Fellow nairalander's I don't care where the president come from or the vp. With our current situation in Nigeria my opinion is lets have a check and balance we may say yes Fashola is intellectual, more open but in a political environment like ours I don't want two Muslim in power. We humans and anything can change.

A Muslim present and a Christian Vp, or vice versa. We see what BH is doing and we shouldn't make the atmosphere more tempting for them.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ceejayluv(m): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
iconize:
In a nation of almost "100million" youths, a malnourished old cargo is found worthy to lead.

Moronic nation, Moronic peeps!
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
iconize:
In a nation of almost "100million" youths, a malnourished old cargo is found worthy to lead.

Moronic nation, Moronic peeps!

18th Century leader!!!...

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
Whether SW and North vote or not, Goodluck Jonathan will remain the president of Nigeria till 2019!!

Northern presidential candidates ought to be banned for life from contesting for Nigeria's president!

It was northerners and their i-must-rule Nigeria that destroyed this nation!

From Gowon to Shagari, (Muritala exempted) to Buhari to Babangida to Abacha to Abdulsalami finished this country and made public fund looting a normal affair in Nigeria and they still have the gut to be clamouring to be Nigerian president again Shame on them all!

They should take the back bench for at least 5 decades and let southerners repair this country before they bring back their backward and archaic thinking mentality to draw Nigeria backwards as usual!

Fashola is overrated to me...Lagos is not as well-governed as its being hyped.

I would have preferred Wole Soyinka or Gani Fayemi if they were politicians.

For now, the only credible presidential candidate in Nigeria is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and myself (but since I am not ready for politics now, let Goodluck contnue till Nigeria gets a better candidate), lol

So in GEJs supporters' voice, GEJ till 2023grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigerian National Anthem And Pledge / 'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi / Military Officer Confronts Policemen Shooting At Unarmed Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.