Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... (3463 Views)

MTN stole My #1000, refund me after 21 days. / My Experience With Android Phones So Far (photos) / MTN Refund Me My 10 Naira (SMS Delivery Failure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by mrjojo: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
Have been very busy lately at work so i decided to order for a phone online instead of going to the store to get one. I made an order on JUMIA for a BLACKBERRY Q5 BLACK on 22nd Sept, was called to confirm my order, the agent who called tried marketing some other product and accessories, I would have placed an other if i needed any other product, she was so damn persistent, that is by the way though...
I received an email later informing my order has been shipped, Damn that was fast, I said to myself...the phone arrived 3 days later on the 25th of Sept, checked everything and it all seemed fine, didn't even know Q5 uses a micro-Sim, asked the delivery guy if he had a sim cutter, he didn't... I upgraded the phone's OS immediately with my office WIFI, downloaded some apps too..Was free on Saturday, so I went to cut my sim at SLOT, inserted the sim right there, and the it kept saying "SIM CARD NOT DETECTED", showed the phone to SLOT Engr, he tested with different other sims, same thing then , he said the sim slot had to be changed which is going to cost 8K, wt..f?? a new phone i was so angry called the customer care immediately, the phone was schedule for pick-up... Was picked up on the 29th 0f Sept... Up till this moment i haven't receive any thing from jumia, no refund, no new phone, no update whatsoever, emailed them, they keep replying with same message "WE ARE WORKING ON IT" called them too, "We will get you a voucher" that what they kept telling me, ....I needed this phone so urgently, now i lost a project.... It more than 2 weeks now for goodness sake, JUMIA please refund me for God sake ... ORDER NUMBER :305567672
I learnt my lesson, next time... btw, JUMIA customer care line is so annoying, 200naira airtime is not even enough to call them, I wonder why it not toll free, all they do is play unnecessary music and waste time while your credit burn...

FP pls mod....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
mrjojo:
Have been very busy lately at work so i decided to order for a phone online instead of going to the store to get one. I made an order on JUMIA for a BLACKBERRY Q5 BLACK on 22nd Sept, was called to confirm my order, the agent who called tried marketing some other product and accessories, I would have placed an other if i needed any other product, she was so damn persistent, that is by the way though...
I received an email later informing my order has been shipped, Damn that was fast, I said to myself...the phone arrived 3 days later on the 25th of Sept, checked everything and it all seemed fine, didn't even know Q5 uses a micro-Sim, asked the delivery guy if he had a sim cutter, he didn't... I upgraded the phone's OS immediately with my office WIFI, downloaded some apps too..Was free on Saturday, so I went to cut my sim at SLOT, inserted the sim right there, and the it kept saying "SIM CARD NOT DETECTED", showed the phone to SLOT Engr, he tested with different other sims, same thing then , he said the sim slot had to be changed which is going to cost 8K, wt..f?? a new phone i was so angry called the customer care immediately, the phone was schedule for pick-up... Was picked up on the 29th 0f Sept... Up till this moment i haven't receive any thing from jumia, no refund, no new phone, no update whatsoever, emailed them, they keep replying with same message "WE ARE WORKING ON IT" called them too, "We will get you a voucher" that what they kept telling me, ....I needed this phone so urgently, now i lost a project.... It more than 2 weeks now for goodness sake, JUMIA please refund me for God sake ... ORDER NUMBER :305567672
I learnt my lesson, next time... btw, JUMIA customer care line is so annoying, 200naira airtime is not even enough to call them, I wonder why it not toll free, all they do is play unnecessary music and waste time while your credit burn...

FP pls mod....

Those jumia guys are uncool, their delivery service is trash. I'm just.too tired.to type about my own experience with them, by the way, Bro. You're funny o!, you asked the delivery guy if he had a sim cutter? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by surrogatesng: 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
From your story it seems the problem is not from Jumia but the sim type you are using.Why not go to your network service centre and get a micro sim

4 Likes

Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by mrjojo: 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
surrogatesng:
From your story it seems the problem is not from Jumia but the sim type you are using.Why not go to your network service centre and get a micro sim
A phone not detecting different sims?? Trust me, this is no sim problem

3 Likes

Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by omenawata(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Jumia is the worst ecommerce site in the galaxy and beyond. For four years I have been buying from ebay and amazon, not a single failure from them. Jumia has messed me up. I have the same experience .

I bought a laptop as advertised by those incompetent morons, they ended up delivering another product. Very fast delivery I was shocked n impressed at the same time. Reality set in when I powered the laptop only to find out that I have been fooled. I called them for days upon days before they came to retrieve it. The laptop was retrieved on the 9th of October 2014. As we speak I do not have a refund neither do I have my laptop.

I have made a terrible mistake. But I will never make such again with jumia.

Jumia is a toddler in the ecommerce world.

3 Likes

Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Kyase(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sorry, take hrt.
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by asudan: 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Do we now say that Nigeria isn't ripe for Electronic commerce? Especially the rate of complains from Jumia. Op please kindly report to their facebook page and if not satisfied visit nigeria consumer commission

1 Like

Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by gingger(m): 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
Well depends on u... All my transactions with them have been very cool.. I ve never regretted ordering from them.. Orders a lot.. Even ordered today
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by ednut1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
i have stopped buying things online. i saw a nice shirt on jumai for 4k and 450 delivery charge. what they delivered was a rag and diff colour to what was put der. angrily took d shirt like dat tho.
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by iamrealdeji(m): 9:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
omenawata:
Jumia is the worst ecommerce site in the galaxy and beyond. For four years I have been buying from ebay and amazon, not a single failure from them. Jumia has messed me up. I have the same experience .

I bought a laptop as advertised by those incompetent morons, they ended up delivering another product. Very fast delivery I was shocked n impressed at the same time. Reality set in when I powered the laptop only to find out that I have been fooled. I called them for days upon days before they came to retrieve it. The laptop was retrieved on the 9th of October 2014. As we speak I do not have a refund neither do I have my laptop.

Man,i'm really scared of this so called Jumia,thank God I've not ordered a pair of boots and shirts I saw online,i would have wasted about 40000 I budgeted for that
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by fleezytran(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Me don wise o cos i learned frm my frnd's experience. I made sure i went to there warehouse to pick up my order. I cldn afford all doz fake free delivery things. All tested ok b4 i move an inch.
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by dawoyo(m): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
I have a similar experience. I ordered for an innjoo i1s phone on the 8th of September & it was delivered to me on the 10th.
After a careful examination, I discovered it was defective, called their customer care & they scheduled a retrieval the next day being 11th of September. There was no mail nor a phone call acknowledging the receipt of the phone. I had to torment their lives with phone calls until they eventually sent me a mail on d 18th that they will send me a replacement as d phone was bad.
Do you knw that I'm yet to receive nor hear 4m them again? I had to officially request for a full money refund on the first of this month & since they ignored me, I requested for a voucher so that I can even order for the same device but my request was denied under the pretence that the replacement has been scheduled for delivery.

The funny thing is that I'm still awaiting the replacement & to be honest, I don't knw the next course of action to take.
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by gregkuika: 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
omenawata:

plz how do u order from ebay n also get it shipped in nigeria?
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Tallanre: 11:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hi guys, I ave a guy dat can help you fast track d resolution of ur issues. All I need is ur order numbers.
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by eightsin(m): 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Jumia is still one of the best e-commerce in Nigeria
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 20, 2014
I haven't bought anything online before,don't think I will in nearest future with this numerous complains.
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by learnine: 5:23am On Oct 20, 2014
I stoped buying from jumia after they delivered a totally different product from the one i ordered.
i shop on www.learninemall.com its the best e-commerce platform in Nigeria. Fast & reliable

Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by learnine: 5:28am On Oct 20, 2014
gregkuika:
plz how do u order from ebay n also get it shipped in nigeria?
get a paypal account and u will b ordering anytin u want @anytym and will b delivered to u in Nigeria
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by dridowu: 5:35am On Oct 20, 2014
U don enta 1 chance be dt oooooooo. Sowiiiii my dear
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by mrjojo: 6:20am On Oct 20, 2014
Tallanre:
Hi guys, I ave a guy dat can help you fast track d resolution of ur issues. All I need is ur order numbers.
ORDER NUMBER :305567672 . Thanks i need this phone or my refund like yesterday..... Well,I learnt my lesson now
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by rattlesnake(m): 6:55am On Oct 20, 2014
mrjojo:
A phone not detecting different sims?? Trust me, this is no sim problem
spiritual problem ma guy....
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Joe50(m): 6:59am On Oct 20, 2014
when dey brought my injoo I2s; the up volume key didnt work, i called them and they said they would bring another phone for replacement, i waited and didnt see dem, i have to open d fone and repair d volume key myself.

online buying is very terrible.
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 20, 2014
MOD from page pls...Ppl need to know trend with caution
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by dawoyo(m): 7:15am On Oct 20, 2014
eightsin:
Jumia is still one of the best e-commerce in Nigeria

Order Number: 302419582
Kindly assist. I'd prefer the same phone or a voucher since a refund is impossible.
Thank you.
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2014
learnine:
get a paypal account and u will b ordering anytin u want @anytym and will b delivered to u in Nigeria
check your mail...I want to ask you something sir abt ebay
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Warlord3000(m): 7:40am On Oct 20, 2014
Thank goodness say my leg no break wey i no go fit find time Waka enter computer village even for weekend wink

Na that one sure pass smiley
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Najwal: 11:00am On Oct 20, 2014
learnine:

I v a PayPal but I would like to know about the shipment u use on eBay, I sent u a pm please if u don't mind. Thanks.
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2014
Bro,how do u keep ship cost reasonable?
learnine:
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by Mcbussy(m): 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
For me,konga is far far better.... I've dealt wif dem twice and I got d exact product I ordered,and also in perfect condition.

My sister once ordered a blouse on jumia and she said she had to reject it cos it was torn around d neck. grin
Re: JUMIA, Please Refund Me, My Experience... by DrWhizy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
Konga any day, any time bro!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free 500MB Every Month For 6 Months On MTN / With #45,000 Budget, Which Android Phone Can I Get? Very Urgent! / I Need Answers About Buying Shipped From Overseas Fones From Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.