Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Onigbinde: I Believe Keshi’s Sabotage Story - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Onigbinde: I Believe Keshi’s Sabotage Story (840 Views)

Onigbinde Writes Keshi, Asks Him To Quit Super-Eagles Job / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Nigerians Must Apologise To Sanni Kaita-Onigbinde has come again o. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onigbinde: I Believe Keshi’s Sabotage Story by solbase10(m): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Former Super Eagles coach, Chief Festus Adegboye Onigbinde, has supported coach Stephen Keshi’s claim that he was sabotaged by some people in the group games of the 2015 Nations Cup qualifiers.

Onigbinde, a respected FIFA and CAF Technical Adviser submitted that Keshi was speaking the minds of other coaches who faced similar situations when they handled the Eagles in the past.
He recalled that he was also once a victim of sabotage during the period he tutored the senior national team.

He stated that the issue has been prevalent in the team because of maladministration in the NFF. To stop this ugly trend, Onigbinde urges NFF to put strict measures in place to monitor the activities of its members and also coordinate players invited for national duty.

The Modakeke high chief also advised the Federation to assist Keshi investigate the allegations, stressing that sabotage is a serious problem that would undermine the development of football in the country, if not checked.

“The issue of sabotage is not new to Nigerian football. Keshi is a matured and experienced coach for him to make this statement public. This means he has full evidence to prove it. I had faced similar problems when I was the coach of the Eagles in the game against Cote d’Ivoire where I sensed sabotage by some players. I handled it in my own way” begins Onigbinde.

“Keshi should be able to put things in the right state if he wants to mention the names of the people behind this anomaly. It depends on him, Nigerian coaches will continue to face this problem if the NFF doesn’t put measures in place to monitor the activities of their members and players. Nigerian football needs to move forward,” he concluded.

Source: http://completesportsnigeria.com/onigbinde-believe-keshis-sabotage-story/
Re: Onigbinde: I Believe Keshi’s Sabotage Story by HisSexcellency(m): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sabotage in what way, was he not the one who invited the players, was he not thesame keshi that chose who to play and who to substitute? Keshi should just accept his fate and move on.
Re: Onigbinde: I Believe Keshi’s Sabotage Story by Goke7: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2014
HisSexcellency:
Sabotage in what way, was he not the one who invited the players, was he not thesame keshi that chose who to play and who to substitute? Keshi should just accept his fate and move on.

oh boy what you cannot see when you're standing, elders can when sitting, they know what they are talking about, only bias Nigerians will not want to understand
Re: Onigbinde: I Believe Keshi’s Sabotage Story by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ah Coach no nid to xplain....we no already. Jst leave gullible, mentally dissociated nigerians to their fatesmiley
Re: Onigbinde: I Believe Keshi’s Sabotage Story by honeric01(m): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
I suspect players like Enemike, Igiegbor, Onazi, Oboabona. the way they have played for us of recent is enough to investigate.
Re: Onigbinde: I Believe Keshi’s Sabotage Story by Goke7: 8:43am On Oct 21, 2014
honeric01:
I suspect players like Enemike, Igiegbor, Onazi, Oboabona. the way they have played for us of recent is enough to investigate.

and is not that they are good enough in the first place, they will all soon be exposed when the new coach takes over, then it will be clear by then that keshi was not the problem, Let's wait and see
Re: Onigbinde: I Believe Keshi’s Sabotage Story by honeric01(m): 9:09am On Oct 21, 2014
Goke7:

and is not that they are good enough in the first place, they will all soon be exposed when the new coach takes over, then it will be clear by then that keshi was not the problem, Let's wait and see

Especially Emenike.. I am beginning to believe the match fixing accusation that was all around him some years ago.

(1) (Reply)

Sports Human Resource Training Programme / The Scam Called Nairabet. / If I Have Messi In My Team, I Will Win Champion's League Always - Mourhinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.