Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,303 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:04 PM

Fresh Ife, Modakeke War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Ife, Modakeke War (1312 Views)

Aftermath Of Electoral Loss, Omisore Re-igniting Fresh Ife/modakeke Crisis / Osun 2014: Why Modakeke Will Never Vote For Omisore, Pdp – Kola Olabisi / I Don’t Need The Votes Of Modakeke To Win Election – Omisore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by okpismart: 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
Several heavily armed policemen have been drafted to thwart the fresh crisis brewing between Ife and Modakeke people in Osun State. This preemptive move by the police was made so that it does not erupt into a bloody clash between the two communities as was witnessed in 1997.

Our correspondent gathered that policemen deployed in the area to ensure peace were still monitoring the situation as at Sunday.

Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/638-fresh-ife-modakeke-crisis-tension-heightens-in-osun

1 Like

Re: Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by okpismart: 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Our police don de try sha wink
Re: Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by seunlayi(m): 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
I pray and hope that Ile Ife will never witness a repetition of the last feud. please like to say Amen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by jchima14: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
seunlayi:
I pray and hope that Ile Ife will never witness a repetition of the last feud. please like to say Amen

Amen ooooo!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by zimoni(f): 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
Learnt it has to do with tributary payment.

They say some Ifes are stopping some Oyos from going to their farmland especially during harvest period. And we all know Modakekes are majorly into farming esp Cocoa Farming.

Learnt there's a case of someone sowed and another person wants to harvest claiming the land belongs to his father/grandfather.

Let the Ifes sell the land the Modakekes(Oyos) have been farming on for years to the Modakekes or take it from the Modakekes when the lease period lapses.

This is 21st Century, they can't pay tribute forever nah.

Even some Ijeshas have sold some of the land lent to Oyos to the Oyos.

For Christ sake, they can't pay the tribute(Isakole) till Jesus comes nah.

Let them resolve this issue once for all.

I suggest outright sales of the farmland or outright taking over of the farmland by Ifes from the Modakekes.

We should solve this issue once and for all.

Let there be Peace, we can't afford to have another crises.

Anyone who witnessed the last one would not pray for another round of bloodletting. I was in Ife then, it was horrible.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by gtrust: 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
If you rent land then you got to pay the rent!
Otherwise, try BUY the land or BUY somewhere else or just pay your rent!!

Isn't it so simple
Re: Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by onatisi(m): 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
I won't be surprised if some politicians are behind the new hostilities. Why is this issue rearing up its head ,just some few months to elections .

1 Like

Re: Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by john403: 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
onatisi:
I won't be surprised if some politicians are behind the new hostilities. Why is this issue rearing up its head ,just some few months to elections .

I agree with you. Nothing is impossible in Nigeria now o
Re: Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by ASL33: 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
onatisi:
thought politics can never bring problem between Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Ife, Modakeke War by onatisi(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
john403:

I agree with you. Nothing is impossible in Nigeria now o
those politicians can do anything ,cause any trouble just to win an election without thinking of the consequences on the lives of people in those areas .

(1) (Reply)

IMPEACHMENT SAGA: PDP Senators Commence Move To Impeach Jonathan / Reason People like me will Never Vote This Coming Election / Fatal Accident Along Mile2 Expressway Crushed Many Dead(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.