Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,604 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car (3138 Views)

Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / A / Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by widowhusband: 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
had to do same one sunday, came out, saw flat tire, hubby not around, person/ time to change tire not convenient, but was very late in the end sha, oh my children ? too small to talk then, were just waving at whatever from window
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by coldgate(f): 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
Threads like this rekindles my hope in Nigeria. To think that we still have parents who care to discipline, train and correct. This should be on the front page not 'who wore it better?'

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by blank(f): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2014
I grew up being pampered and i will admit it freely. However, when i went to secondary school, i stayed with some relatives and those ones no believe in good life. My first day to school, they took me to the busstop, went with me to show me the way to school and where to stop, etc. The next day, i was on my own.

Up till that day, i had never entered public transport, in fact, to come to that town, my dad drove me there in his benz. I suffered eh. I was at the bus stop from 6:45am till 8:20am and i had still not left their street. It was a neighbor that took pity on me and helped me get a seat on a bus. How about returning home? That period was just so terrible but it taught me to be resilient, adventurous and look for how to get the cheapest deals. I soon became a pro and it shaped my life a lot. My parents no believe say i fit adapt but adapt i did.

I remember when i was dating my husband while we were still uni students and his mum came to visit. We were returning to Lagos by bus so she joined us. When we got to Jibowu, she gave me money to enter cab to my house. I crossed the road and entered bus to Obalande then took a cab to Ikoyi. Till today, she keeps referring to that incidence. That was how she knew i would be a good and frugal wife for my "very generous" husband and has been my strongest supporter till date.

Wow. What a trip down memory lane.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bukatyne(f): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2014
@OP:

Very nice cheesy

@ sparklie.. sweet kiss
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by kendraloops(f): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
I trust my father. He drove me to school on just ONE occassion, wetin concern the man? See me posing in front like Jonah pikin, i felt very good when some classmates were like "we saw that nice car that dropped you" i was 'prouding' myself.

Really used to envy the butty kids then, tot my dad was very wicked. That feeling when your classmates would pass you on the way to school in their parent's car and wave at you, you dey trek with better sweat forming map under your armpit.

i can go on and on, thank God sha cos that experience will always come in handy.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Ehimenboy(m): 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
Getting more interesting post by post!
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bugativeron: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2014
You know it is sometimes the initial reaction that normally make me laugh. I remember when I was dating my wife. She came back from work and told me she is resigning. I was like what?? She said her bus sent her on errand and she was asked to take okada and that she nearly fell from on top of okada. So? Enhhhnn. She wants to resign because of that. I just said yepaaa I am in trouble ooooo, I nearly want to slap her but we just started dating so I had to pretend small. She never worked again until 4yrs after our marriage. However, the moment she moved into my house she realised that I am not as rich infact I was cooking with kerosene stove. But I was shocked the way she accepted the situation even to the extend that she refused to employ housemaid since we have been married for 9yrs. But she carry better leg enter my house. Since the day she entered things got a lot better for me infact since then I no dey drive tokunbor again. So some folks can change if they are properly guided from the buttish way into the tough one including our children.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Kunbee: 4:21am On Oct 22, 2014
Buttie life grin grin
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by dtneicna(m): 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
This happened when I was in SS1. Mum told me to tidy up the kitchen and wash the dishes the previous night, I refused to do it. The next morning after I had dressed up for school, she then told me that I must do what she asked me to do the previous night before I leave the house. We had someone who takes us to school then with dad's car, unfortunately for me that day was the first and only time the Land Cruiser will run the errand of dropping us at school, me being a big fan of cars, it was so painful 'cos only my elder sister was taken to school in the SUV while mum made sure I learnt obedience the hard way. The fact that I didn't get to ride in the SUV that day made the lesson sink. Aside that, she had told me that if I miss the ride I would trek to school. Well, that was exactly what happened, I missed the ride and had to trek to school.
Paul the Apostle in his epistle to the Hebrews states that, "now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby." To the Glory of GOD, discipline has shaped me for good and I'm ever thankful to GOD and my GOD-given parents, may the good Lord bless and keep them, Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did My Father Marry My Mother? / See Another Deadly Disease Than HIV That Condom Can’t Protect You Against / Bring Anthonia Bisola Abayomi-ojo To Book For Physical Abuse On A Child!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.