Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (206920 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:

You are wallowing in equivocation jumping between spiritual and physical.
Can you plant at ANY time of the year any plant like wheat or corn?

Redundancy.
There was this guy in the Bible that sowed in famine time-not a favorable time, a wrong time, the circumstances were against him, ...emm, sombody please remind me his name...he decided to sow into the land, he sowed anytime, there was always a time to sow. It is decided by the sower, God gives seed to the sower, it is the sower's job to sow. Moses and God were not playing grammar class when they wrote down "seedtime and harvest" instead of "seed time and harvest time" as a lot of you wish it was.

I am not mixing physical and spiritual, call nannymcphee, she was the one talking about seasons and natural course and semantics. When Isaac sowed did he consider weather, seasons and natural course? Was he being spiritual or carnal like you lot? When Jesus went to harvest fruits when it was not the tree's fruiting period, was he considering the harvesting season as you carnal lot keep bringing in natural seasons and course?

Meanwhile, I other new, you cunningly avoiding this question... for obvious reasons. See it here again

Can you explain why Jesus went to a tree and demanded for a fruit even when He knew it was not its time of fruiting?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
Can't catch up with the thread, maybe I will have to go back few pages when I do have time but for now, scanning the current page and talking about seed time and harvest in Genesis 8:22, here is it:

Genesis 8:22Expanded Bible (EXB)

22 “As long as the earth continues, planting and harvest, cold and hot, summer and winter, day and night will not stop.”

Many translations here and [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+8%3A22&version=EXB]here[/url] support it as "planting and harvest" instead of what scripture twisting men wants us to believe.... cheesy

# I'm getting ready to change my signature or add to the existing one#..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nonsense. Nobody sowed anything during famine nowhere in the scriptures

You are yet to explain to us what Harvest in Genesis means not to mention seed time.

Please tell me why Jesus cursed a tree out of season
Gombs:

Redundancy.
There was this guy in the Bible that sowed in famine time-not a favorable time, a wrong time, the circumstances were against him, ...emm, sombody please remind me his name...he decided to sow into the land, he sowed anytime, there was always a time to sow. It is decided by the sower, God gives seed to the sower, it is the sower's job to sow. Moses and God were not playing grammar class when they wrote down "seedtime and harvest" instead of "seed time and harvest time" as a lot of you wish it was.

I am not mixing physical and spiritual, call nannymcphee, she was the one talking about seasons and natural course and semantics. When Isaac sowed did he consider weather, seasons and natural course? Was he being spiritual or carnal like you lot? When Jesus went to harvest fruits when it was not the tree's fruiting period, was he considering the harvesting season as you carnal lot keep bringing in natural seasons and course?

Meanwhile, I other new, you cunningly avoiding this question... for obvious reasons. See it here again

Can you explain why Jesus went to a tree and demanded for a fruit even when He knew it was not its time of fruiting?

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:

Nonsense. Nobody sowed anything during famine nowhere in the scriptures

You are yet to explain to us what Harvest in Genesis means not to mention seed time.

Please tell me why Jesus cursed a tree out of season

Na wa o! Candour, you see the kind people I debate scriptures with? Oya, go to Genesis 26, from verse 1, especially veree 12. His name was isaac!

Shame on you! You claim to know, but you keep making simpleton outta yourself. Simple Bible studying o!

I'm done with you, neonates and sissies are not worth the time.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
So you knew who did that and you pretended not to. Paste that verse here and show me where Isaac sowed in famine

Let me help you

Gen 26:12 (KJV)
Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him

What part of this verse says Isaac sowed DURING famine? Puny brained Christ Embassy rote-wits have to go back to verse 1
Gen 26:1 (KJV) And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.

But did the verse 1 famine last all the way to verse 12? Nobody knows because we don't how how long it lasted. But we gat a great hint in verse 8
(KJV) And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife

So Isaac had been in Gerar for a LONG TIME before he sowed and reaped in the same year a hundredfold. This does not mean that Isaac never sowed in famine just reduces the likelihood of the famine lasting a loooooooong time.

Secular history I learn places an average return at thirty fold. Sixty fold is fantastic. A hundredfold is clearly off the charts. But even a hundredfold is not the best. In Babylon there is a record of two hundredfold and even three hundredfold. But Palestine was not as fertile as Babylonia so it is unfair comparing the productivity of the two.

There is a great lesson in Isaac miraculously reaping a hundredfold while everyone else around him scored zero fold but we would be reading into the scriptures this. It may exalt God for the miracle but we have not been called to exaggerate and imagine His work where none existed.

Any questions?
Gombs:

Na wa o! Candour, you see the kind people I debate scriptures with? Oya, go to Genesis 26, from verse 1, especially veree 12. His name was isaac!

Shame on you! You claim to know, but you keep making simpleton outta yourself. Simple Bible studying o!

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Image, Bidam, mba...see why sometimes, I wonder whether discussions here with some folks are worth it, but just so that the don't miskead others I stay.

Imagine those who claim to be true Bible teachers having little or no idea of Bible knowledge. Next thing would be to create a new moniker like Drummaboy aka WinsomeX, but like the saying goes, a lizard in a better environment would only evolve to be an alligator, not a new specie of animal. WinsomeX has made his own blunder too, chiefly was the fact he said Jesus mentioned power on twice in the Bible! undecided

God be my strength to endure more! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

Cheers

Actually Gombs, a lot of conclusions we've drawn from scripture that scripture didn't actually say. This unfortunately is one of them. let's examine Isaac's story in Genesis Chapter 26 again

Gen 26:1
And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar

we can see here that there was famine in the land where Isaac currently dwelt and it was where Abraham had suffered famine previously (Gen 12:10) and most likely, this place was the land of Canaan (Gen 12:5-6). He left there and journeyed to Gerar; the land of the philistines. He most likely wasn't content to stay there and like his father before him, he wanted to go into Egypt. This is where God appeared to him warning against Egypt

Gen 26:2-3
And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down to Egypt; dwell in the land which i shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and i will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;

Note the bible didn't say he wanted to go into Egypt but we see that God already knew his thoughts. He had already left his place of abode and had sojourned to a new territory (Gerar) with the intent to end up in Egypt but God asked him to stay in this new territory and he'll still bless him there and he obeyed.

Gen 26:6
And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:

If you say he reaped more than what the philistine farmers got, you'll be right (thats what the bible said) but there's nothing in the bible to say Gerar also shared the same fate (famine) as Canaan at this point in history.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by LambanoPeace: 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
So you knew who did that and you pretended not to. Paste that verse here and show me where Isaac sowed in famine

It's called baiting. grin grin

He laid a bait, for he knew it was Isaac, instead of doing a quick google search, you just boldly told the world you have very little Bible knowledge. Now, even more sillier is asking him to paste the verse where Isaac sowed in famine! grin if he doesmmwhat next? Deny it as you denied the galatia own with mba or, simply change topic, because I know you'd never admit wrong, well it'd be a miracle if you did. cheesy

A lil heads up son:
Try being smart, at least pretend to. See as Gombs is slapping you around with Scriptures. angry grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

[size=16pt]There was this guy in the Bible that sowed in famine [/size]time-not a favorable time, a wrong time, the circumstances were against him, ...emm, sombody please remind me his name...he decided to sow into the land, he sowed anytime, there was always a time to sow.

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Candour:

Actually Gombs, lot of conclusions we've drawn from scripture that scripture didn't actually say. This unfortunately is one of them. let's examine

You did not see Vooks' blunder right? I understand wink

Examine the verse yourself. Thanks
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
REPETITION FOR EMPHASIS

Let me help you

Gen 26:12 (KJV)
Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him

What part of this verse says Isaac sowed DURING famine? Puny brained Christ Embassy rote-wits have to go back to verse 1
Gen 26:1 (KJV) And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.

But did the verse 1 famine last all the way to verse 12? Nobody knows because we don't how how long it lasted. But we gat a great hint in verse 8
(KJV) And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife

So Isaac had been in Gerar for a LONG TIME before he sowed and reaped in the same year a hundredfold. This does not mean that Isaac never sowed in famine just reduces the likelihood of the famine lasting a loooooooong time.

Secular history I learn places an average return at thirty fold. Sixty fold is fantastic. A hundredfold is clearly off the charts. But even a hundredfold is not the best. In Babylon there is a record of two hundredfold and even three hundredfold. But Palestine was not as fertile as Babylonia so it is unfair comparing the productivity of the two.

There is a great lesson in Isaac miraculously reaping a hundredfold while everyone else around him scored zero fold but we would be reading into the scriptures this. It may exalt God for the miracle but we have not been called to exaggerate and imagine His work where none existed.

Any questions?
Gombs:

Cheers
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

Candour is leagues away from them! Light years ahead sef

Just to help you, he's only more sly. Like a well with the dirt settled under. #iknowhim.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bro Gombs and Bidam. I am happy you saw him evading the questions that turned his illogicalities on its head. I told you he doesn't know scriptures yet he would be the first to speak. Very similar with the serial monicker changer. How any bible student could not tell that you were referring to Isaac just shows what we have to contend with.

As per the *coughs* others. Don't cast all your pearls to swine o! Not everyone will understand at the same pace. Jesus told his disciples repeatedly that he would resurrect but guess what they did on the 3rd day- they went to embalm his body. Which means they still expected him to be dead regardless of how many times he told them that he would raise his temple.

I assure you what is happening here is a foundation school. Many will go back to proof-read the contradictions they always held unto as truth. Also be wary about those who say "he was referring to Jews here, he was referring to accusers there" but when Jesus was teaching about tithes in Matthew 23 the same group will ignore that he started by saying "the Kingdom of Heaven is like" and then claim that he was under the law then. At the end of the day they will call you a thief for giving tithes and then use other gospel books to call you names, forgetting that when Jesus taught most of what he said, Jews, accusers and Pharisees were part of the same audience.

Very funny things I tell you.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2014
BabaGnoni:

What is good for the goose is good for the gander
It helped your sorry pathetic case when you resorted to name calling as in above "Good morn and then Mr. 'Serpent sleeping with eve heretic'"

Eeeeeeeyah, the thing pain you like that? i assumed otherwise. i guess it's okay to ramble on about gods and harvests. Mention something against your team now and we start hearing thread focus bla blah.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Puny brained goddess Mbaemeka,
You have never recovered you shock discovery that Jesus kept the Law and advocated for the same BEFORE his death and resurrection? grin

Gombs and his kid bro Bidam is yet to answer me on seed time. If it is determined by man, can you sow wheat or barley ANY time of the year?

Now show me where it is written that Isaac sowed in famine and don't regurgitate Oyaks

mbaemeka:
Bro Gombs and Bidam. I am happy you saw him evading the questions that turned his illogicalities on its head. I told you he doesn't know scriptures yet he would be the first to speak. Very similar with the serial monicker changer. How any bible student could not tell that you were referring to Isaac just shows what we have to contend with.

As per the *coughs* others. Don't cast all your pearls to swine o! Not everyone will understand at the same pace. Jesus told his disciples repeatedly that he would resurrect but guess what they did on the 3rd day- they went to embalm his body.Which means they still expected him to be dead regardless of how many times he told them that he would raise his temple.

I assure you what is happening here is a foundation school. Many will go back to proof-read the contradictions they always held unto as truth. Also be wary about those who say "he was referring to Jews here, he was referring to accusers there" but when Jesus was teaching about tithes in Matthew 23 the same group will ignore that he started by saying "the Kingdom of Heaven is like" and then claim that he was under the law then. At the end of the day they will call you a thief for giving tithes and then use other gospel books to call you names, forgetting that when Jesus taught most of what he said, Jews, accusers and Pharisees were part of the same audience.

Very funny things I tell you.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
Image123:

Just to help you, he's only more sly. Like a well with the dirt settled under. #iknowhim.

Well, you're right smiley
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

i was still typing and pushed submit icon before time. See the full write up incase you missed it up there

Actually Gombs, a lot of conclusions we've drawn from scripture that scripture didn't actually say. This unfortunately is one of them. let's examine Isaac's story in Genesis Chapter 26 again

Gen 26:1
And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar

we can see here that there was famine in the land where Isaac currently dwelt and it was where Abraham had suffered famine previously (Gen 12:10) and most likely, this place was the land of Canaan (Gen 12:5-6). He left there and journeyed to Gerar; the land of the philistines. He most likely wasn't content to stay there and like his father before him, he wanted to go into Egypt. This is where God appeared to him warning against Egypt

Gen 26:2-3
And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down to Egypt; dwell in the land which i shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and i will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;

Note the bible didn't say he wanted to go into Egypt but we see that God already knew his thoughts. He had already left his place of abode and had sojourned to a new territory (Gerar) with the intent to end up in Egypt but God asked him to stay in this new territory and he'll still bless him there and he obeyed.

Gen 26:6
And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:

If you say he reaped more than what the philistine farmers got, you'll be right (thats what the bible said) but there's nothing in the bible to say Gerar also shared the same fate (famine) as Canaan at this point in history.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
Image123:

What would that make you? an open septic tank i'm sure. #everybodyknowshimwellwell

If you wish to engage me, be mature enough to stick to the book. That's what i'm here for and by God's grace, i've stuck to that mandate.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
trustman:

Bidam,
What about this:
"So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.'". - Luke 17:10
Image once said you quote scriptures like a random bible verse program/software and that is exactly what you are doing here, which in no way addressed my posts. You that believes in the context of scripture, can you tell us what that verse is saying? Please start reading it from Luke 17:1.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hey kid,
What BLUNDER did vooks make?
I will withdraw and apologize before you all not to mention repent before Jesus Christ for adding/subtracting to His Word
If you can't point it out, please withdraw this highly insulting remark to my person angry

Gombs:

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nannymcphee(f): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
We have left "seed time" & "harvest", its now famine!!

First things first, Gombs why did the bible say seedtime & harvest(without time) ?

mbaemeka, care to join?

LambanoPeace, also comment because you started the whole thing!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
hahahahaha, even nanny? Remain pickb. School don close, yayyyyy past 1.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2014

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible:

Then, Isaac sowed in that land,.... In the land of Gerar; after matters were settled between him and Abimelech, and he had ordered his servants to do him no hurt, he sowed wheat or barley, or some such grain:

and received in the same year an hundred fold; in which he sowed it, and which many take to be a year of famine; and so it was the more extraordinary, that there should be such a plentiful crop produced on Isaac's ground, when there was such barrenness elsewhere: but it does not seem likely that it should be the same year of famine in which Isaac came to Gerar, since he is said to have been them a "long time", Genesis 26:8;

- Sometimes when some can't steal scriptures (i.e. claim it for themselves) they will kill and destroy it
- They are the hirelings that pave way for WoF the wolf coming, flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gombs:

Well, you're right smiley

I just saw this. Gombs, let's try and keep it clean pls. It's not difficult to start rolling but i've respected your ability to own up to some errors pointed out to you on this thread and i wish to maintain that. Pls pls, let's maintain it that way
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
Nobody said Paul was poor, that's your own invention probably not off your head cheesy
Once again,
Paul gave his
1. Time
2. Money
3. Privillege

Time is very obvious from the record of his journeying. Money is evident in that he is on record at least twice WORKING hard to maintain himself so as not to burden the churches. Paul partly funded his mission work. That means he gave his money to the ministry. No different from a minister who buys their instruments out of his savings. Paul was entitled to support for his work. 1 Cor 9. This is a right he waived.

You may ridicule his suffering and persecution but I won't join you. He did it for the sake of the gospel. So could you please explain to us how these immense sacrifices were rewarded given that there is a 'principle' of giving and receiving?

You should take time and study scriptures, pls. And read well what my post says without applying strawman.

Firstly i never ridiculed Paul's persecutions and sufferings those are your statements not mine.

Secondly you implied Paul was poor by you ridiculing about him not getting any "rewards" when he gave his time, money and priveledges for the gospel according to you.

The multiplicity of the 7 churches he planted, was it Paul's effort that multiplied it or God? Remember Paul planted the churches as seeds, what did God reward him with?

Even if he waived his rights to support did you NOT notice his doctrinal stand on GIVINGS he kept emphasing to the corinthians? Remember Paul dedicated a whole chapter 8 and 9 of 2 corinthians on christian generosity? Why would he do that since you said he doesn't want to burden the churches?

Moreso at the tail end of Paul's ministry he was a prisoner and wasn't working, if he gave all his money to the ministry, can you tell us where he got money to rent his OWN apartment for 2YEARS in rome doing nothing till he was to appear before nero in Acts 28:30?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Bidam:
You should take time and study scriptures, pls. And read well what my post says without applying strawman.

Firstly i never ridiculed Paul's persecutions and sufferings those are your statements not mine.

Secondly you implied Paul was poor by you ridiculing about him not getting any "rewards" when he gave his time, money and priveledges for the gospel according to you.

The multiplicity of the 7 churches he planted, was it Paul's effort that multiplied it or God? Remember Paul planted the churches as seeds, what did God reward him with?

Even if he waived his rights to support did you NOT notice his doctrinal stand on GIVINGS he kept emphasing to the corinthians? Remember Paul dedicated a whole chapter 8 and 9 of 2 corinthians on christian generosity? Why would he do that since you said he doesn't want to burden the churches?

Moreso at the tail end of Paul's ministry he was a prisoner and wasn't working, if he gave all his money to the ministry, can you tell us where he got money to rent his OWN apartment for 2YEARS in rome doing nothing till he was to appear before nero in Acts 28:30?
You have a way of trying to take people on a roller coaster ride.
You've not tried to resolve the initial issues and here you are bringing up a new thing.
Now the matter is how Paul made his money: Abi?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Candour,

You are right about Genesis 26 but I would show you a few discrepancies and by so doing maybe answer the questions directed at me.

1. Abraham and Isaac lived in Canaan as you said but Canaan was a very big region that encompassed Sidon to the north and then Gerar to the south. This region was governed by kings called Abimelechs.

2. When a famine arose in Canaan (as a whole) residents decided to migrate to Egypt. Abraham did so earlier on and Isaac wanted to follow suit in his time.

3. God stopped him while he was in Gerar (still south of Canaan) and God told him to remain in the land.

4. The land in question has to still be the same (whole land I.e Canaan or even still Gerar) and in any case the famine encompassed the whole region in Canaan.

5. The land in vs 1 of chapter 26 had to still be the land in vs 3 and had to still be in vs 12 as the writer made reference to 'that land' and in any case still it suggests that the famine still lingered.

6. The many years past as suggested by vs 8 was there to show that Isaacs lie that Rebecca was his sister didn't go unremembered by the King and his cronies. Years ago Isaac claimed the woman to be his sister but presently they saw him frolicking with her. That's why Abimelech asked him that question 'are you sure she's your sister?'. The many years doesn't mean the famine had stopped.

Summarily, Isaac wanted to head to Egypt to seek better pastures so as he drifted from the south of Canaan (Gerar) as though on his way to Egypt( the regions are close), God stopped him on his track and told him to remain in the land as he will be blessed there. Isaac obeyed and lived blessed despite the famine. Years later (and even in spite of the famine) he worked hard (by sowing) in the same barren land YET he reaped a large harvest in the same year that caused the Philistines to envy him (their envy also alludes to the fact that they too sowed but didn't reap as he did).

My take.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
Candour:

i was still typing and pushed submit icon before time. See the full write up incase you missed it up there

Candour na!

Yet when the famine spread in the day of his son Israel, the Bible said it was all over the earth, even if it wasn't, but famine was able to spread from Israel to Egypt.
Gerar - means "lodging-place" – it was a Philistine town and district in what is today south central Israel. Gerar was in Cannan. Isaac moved from one point in Canaan to another, but he was still in Canaan...Study na! Please.

If you look at a map of the land during Isaac's generation, you will see that Gerar is the last inhabited city in Canaan before entering the Wilderness of Shur along the well traveled caravan route between the nation of the Philistines and Egypt.

Up to this point, Isaac was going by formula. But when the Lord appeared to him, he said He did not want Isaac to go to Egypt, but rather to stay in Canaan and the Lord promised to bless him there (where famine was raging). The Lord was doing a different thing in Isaac's day than Abraham's and it was critical to flow with His plan. The same is true for every generation.

If Gera was in Cannan, how then was Gerar not affected be the famine? undecided

Anyways, I'm not here to convince you. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

First things first, Gombs why did the bible say seedtime & harvest(without time) ?

mbaemeka, care to join?

Okies... Bidam has answered that na

Bidam:
I am not a CE member, Let me help your scriptural ineptitude...Seed time is set by MAN, the time for harvest is SET BY GOD, whatever meanings you read into scriptures ARE your insinuations. Paul planted, Appolo watered, who gives the INCREASE

If you are not satisfied, open a thread and invite us all. Thanks
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
Mba, our post wan come similar o! cheesy

The truth is one jare! God bless you

Notice the timing!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

mbaemeka, care to join?

The bible clearly states that as the earth remains seedtime and harvest will not cease. Most interesting of this is that God almighty was being quoted in that instance.

Men by studying the trends (like they studied the weather) came up with the notion that there is a time to sow and a time to harvest (Solomon et al) and by natural laws that is true BUT it was not God who said there was a time for HARVEST, men did.

When Jesus came into the scene he expected that the fig tree produced fruits EVEN THOUGH he knew that it was the time for the Harvest. Jesus by doing so showed us God's way of seeing the HARVEST which is, that to GOD it doesn't come at any set time but at the time that he wants it to come. The introduction of time to Harvest is therefore man's invention. Another example will be Elijah and the drought. Elijah asked Rain to cease and it did for 3 years (regardless of the season of rain and dryness) and when he prayed again the rain came down (regardless of the same seasons or time). Gideon also did that when he stopped time by praying that the sun stood still till the war ended. He didn't wait for the TIME of night to come before another day. In other words, he chose when the HARVEST of (in this case 'the sun') was to come. He didn't wait for it.

In the same vein the Harvest mustn't always come at a set time. It could just come when exactly you want it to and it takes radical faith to actuate it.

Caveat: the seed in question must not always be money. It could be seed of prayer, seed of acting faith, seed of working hard, seed of patience etc.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
vooks:
Nobody sets harvest time, you. Follow natural laws

Good, now you are coming up to my scriptural level of reasoning, who set those natural laws in place?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.