Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (206888 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:36am On Nov 24, 2014
nlMediator's point is, pulling more crowds even if only a few come to Christ is more Jesus-esque than pulling smaller crowds out of which even fewer come to Christ. The question is, WHY do these numbers arguments come up when examining doctrine? Why is he and Gombs wont in reminding us of CE size? Somebody reminded another that he would NEVER match Oyaks works in three lifetimes.

Numbers it appears is a major motivating factor. This argument vindicating Oyaks from his numbers must be part of the pep talks they regularly get. It is a sales pitch no different from MLM talks. Oyaks MUST be of God seeing all the languages into which he translates and distributes millions of Rhapsodies. He has over 1,000 branches in India...glooooooooory

The other is to paint critics as envious. You little pricks are just envious of 'levels' you will never attain

Candour:

@the first bolded, who owns the church? the man or God? to whose glory is the size of the church? the man or God? Is the man after adding to the body of Christ or interested in smashing the record books for most prolific crowd puller? We have plenty crowd pullers in 'christiandom' who are simply dispensing poison on a massive scale and reaping handsomely in the process.

@2nd bolded, pls attack the man with the blog as much as you like, it makes no difference to me. You'll never find me make a defense for it just as you'll never find me make a defense for any denomination. There are thousands of blogs jostling for space and attention on the WWW. My defense is for the pockets of believers in all corners of the globe making up the body of Christ, not one man's project. Mathew 7:13-14 is about the body of Christ, the one true church. Not about one man's blog or denomination or social club of 'christians'.

These arguments are always about size, figures etc. Forget about the ''truly saved'' story. Its always about the earthly bragging rights like ''we have more money'', ''we have more branches'', ''we have more global presence'', ''we have more political and business leaders'' etc. It's about competition bro. My focus is on getting folks to know the truth and get a true relationship with Christ that puts them in the body of Christ, not enter a relationship with an MOG or a denomination.

@the bolded. Those are my exact sentiments but i decide to go with the bogus claims of the members lest i be accused of being jealous of the BLW nation. one even claimed they have 20million members worldwide on one thread. God will not ask how many members CEC has on the last day neither will he ask for that of DLBC. He's only interested in adding to his church: The one body of Christ. CEC or any other denomination is very irrelevant in these discussions. I leave squabbling over denominational identity and figures to those interested in breaking the earthly record books for most attendance or most popular or most wealthy.

You might have a million members swear affection for you but only 100 have a relationship with Christ and you might pastor 200 people and 175 are truly saved. Only God knows. God isn't interested in your loyal members, he's interested in his church:The body of Christ. Are your crowd part of that body?

The road that leads to life is indeed straight and narrow......only a few will find it says the Lord and i believe him.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 24, 2014
vooks:
nlMediator's point is, pulling more crowds even if only a few come to Christ is more Jesus-esque than pulling smaller crowds out of which even fewer come to Christ. The question is, WHY do these numbers arguments come up when examining doctrine? Why is he and Gombs wont in reminding us of CE size? Somebody reminded another that he would NEVER match Oyaks works in three lifetimes.

Numbers it appears is a major motivating factor. This argument vindicating Oyaks from his numbers must be part of the pep talks they regularly get. It is a sales pitch no different from MLM talks. Oyaks MUST be of God seeing all the languages into which he translates and distributes millions of Rhapsodies. He has over 1,000 branches in India...glooooooooory

The other is to paint critics as envious. You little pricks are just envious of 'levels' you will never attain

Candour's argument is more of a pre-ressurection one not a post-ressurection one. Jesus cannot be everywhere at the same time.Why was the Holy Spirit given? The Holy Spirit is a seal and guarantee for the eternal security of the believer irrespective of whether he is carnal like the corinthians, God calls them His children. The book of Acts shows alot of examples of Thousands of believers that were added daily to the church. Or are you telling us the 3000 that were saved in one day is the narrow way? Are they heading for the broadway according to your reasonings?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2014
I will respond to you as soon as you compose your thoughts and pose a coherent question. Thanks
Bidam:
Candour's argument is more of a pre-ressurection one not a post-ressurection one. Jesus cannot be everywhere at the same time.Why was the Holy Spirit given? The Holy Spirit is a seal and guarantee for the eternal security of the believer irrespective of whether he is carnal like the corinthians, God calls them His children. The book of Acts shows alot of examples of Thousands of believers that were added daily to the church. Or are you telling us the 3000 that were saved in one day is the narrow way? Are they heading for the broadway according to your reasonings?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 24, 2014
vooks:
I will respond to you as soon as you compose your thoughts and pose a coherent question. Thanks
The attacks on CEC is unwarranted and uncalled for, are they preaching Christ? Yes or No? Do well to attend to my questions posed earlier or shift elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:21am On Nov 24, 2014
I can't possibly respond to unstructured gibberish my brother. Am sorry
Who is attacking CEC?
Bidam:
The attacks on CEC is unwarranted and uncalled for, are they preaching Christ? Yes or No? Do well to attend to my questions posed earlier or shift elsewhere.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 8:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Bidam:

Ah! CE don't preach Christ, they are just brood or vipers, wolves in sheep clothing, and they shall all go to hell. cool

Bro, good morning jare.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:27am On Nov 24, 2014
Somebody said that?
That is a bit offensive. I have disagreed on CEC goD theory,tithes and first fruits and other manipulation but can one really show a church that is free of doctrinal error?

But then again, GOmbs is the one calling some people here sewer rats
Gombs:

Ah! CE don't preach Christ, they are just brood or vipers, wolves in sheep clothing, and they shall all go to hell. cool

Bro, good morning jare.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 24, 2014
Gombs:

Bro, good morning jare.
Bros, i tire for these folks and their ministry.A blessed morning too.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2014
vooks:
I can't possibly respond to unstructured gibberish my brother. Am sorry
Who is attacking CEC?
Go back and tell your conscience all the gibberish you have written so far whether they are attacks or not. I don't have time to start quoting your bigotry.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:52am On Nov 24, 2014
Who is attacking what?
Bidam:
Go back and tell your conscience all the gibberish you have written so far whether they are attacks or not. I don't have time to start quoting your bigotry.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 24, 2014
vooks:
Who is attacking what?
Go back and tell your conscience all the gibberish you have written so far whether they are attacks or not. I don't have time to start quoting your bigotry. cheesy
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:15am On Nov 24, 2014
Your prescriptions?
Bidam:
Go back and tell your conscience all the gibberish you have written so far whether they are attacks or not. I don't have time to start quoting your bigotry. cheesy
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2014
Gombs, Bidam & company lose steam very easily. When they see that their arguments are being dismantled they resort to derision, false accusation, gibe and the like so as to draw attention away from being faced with the truth of their wrong stand or false position. 

Quote a scripture to them that clearly points out the fallacy of their claim or position and the next thing they'll quickly do is quote another, hoping that the new passage will now become the focus of attention. All in a bid to divert attention away from their error. 

Because of lack of humility they find it difficult, not only to objectively look at opposing views, but also to actually admit they are wrong even when on the inside of them they know are wrong. 

Hero worship is another major issue for these guys. If their 'hero' claims a position with regards to any issue, they want to hold on to it at all cost in spite of a superior position being shown them. 

Except they become like little children ready to learn their 'salvation' is far. 

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
Christ Embassy again in the news for all the "good" reasons. See Chris Oyakhilome boys give a lady some "Midas Touch" in the just concluded IPPC program. Talk about bearing the fruit of the Spirit.

www.nairaland.com/2012017/another-trouble-brews-christ-embassy

adahib:
There is an ongoing ‘war’ between U-cheena, Producer of Destiny Child Gospel Music Talent Hunt and Chris Oyakhilome’s led Christ Embassy Church as the former is pressing charges against some bloodthirsty Pastors as well as staff and security of the Church for assaulting her and one of her staff, Mr Daniel.

The former had also briefed her team of lawyers who are currently preparing to sue the Ministry in an epoch making case in the history of Christianity in Nigeria, thus demanding a whooping sum of N1bn compensation from Christ Embassy for assault, battery and breach of contract.

Recall that the church has been triggering social media tsunami following the recent marital clash between the founder, Chris Oyakhilome and his wife, Anita, which led to the ministry pulling off anything connected with Pastor Anita on both the Ministry's website, along multiple assault of journalists and vulnerable individuals complimented with the ordination of ill-mannered pastors.

It was gathered that problem ensued after U-cheena rented out her LED screens to the church for the ongoing IPPC program in Lagos.

The event, which was said to be characterised by funfair and glamour could not end without a major catastrophe occasioned by the Church's refusal to keep to its end of the bargain.

Findings revealed that U-cheena’s Company "Eventz.comLimited" rented out its LED screens at a 90 percent discount to the church for a barter arrangement and the Church to bare logistics cost.

In return, the Church was to give her NGO the Love World Studio for one day for the live shoot of Destiny Child Gospel Music Talent Hunt Season 3 to host the grand finale of the Talent Hunt.

Little did U-cheena know that her magnanimity to forego millions of naira in return for the Love World Studio which ordinarily cost's One Million Naira, (N1,000,000.00) will turn into a thing of reproach, embarrassment and agonizing pain for her.

In a clear case of paying good back with evil, U-cheena got more than she bargained for as she was beaten blue back by some top pastors of Christ Embassy Church ordained by Chris Oyakhilome during a squabble that ensued for daring to ask for her full payment before leaving Christ Embassy with her equipment.

Speaking to journalists on Saturday afternoon at the Alausa Police Station, a visibly battered U-Cheena said she was still in shock that people who claim to be men of God could be so heartless by assaulting a married woman.

Explaining how it all started, U-cheena said, “We gave out LED screen to the church for IPPC programme at a 90 percent discount. However, just two days into the programme; I receiveda call from one of my staff Daniel who informed me that one of my LED screens got blown from a power surge.

When I heard it, I took the next available flight from Abuja to Lagos on Thursday 20th November 2014 to arrange another screen to ensure that we kept to our side of the bargain. Little did I know that my generosity would turn out to be my biggest undoing."

According to her, “Upon arranging for another LED screen for the Church, I informed those in charge that I must get a full payment of the agreed sum for logistics before I can power the screen for the programme. They appealed to me to power it as payment will not be a problem.

“When their insistence that I power the screen did not yield any results, they called the Zonal Pastor of my Church “Christ Embassy Abuja”, Pastor Chidi to prevail on me to go ahead and power the screen. They went to the extent of involving my Mum Pastor Duchess who is also a Pastor with the Church to prevail on me.

“At this point, I conceded and powered the screen and was there to ensure that everything went well until after the programme which ended at about 5pm.

“I was in shock when Pastor Dave approached me and my staff and said ‘we are only going to pay you for one day. Go and teardown your screen immediately and give me your invoice.’ I saidto him ‘but that is not fair.’

“He got enraged at this point, ordered me out of the Church premises and walked towards his office. I told him I was not leaving until I got my full payment and followed him towards his office as well. He banged the door of his office right behind me. When I attempted to open the door to enter his office, one of the Pastors who was listening to our conversation; Pastor Ayo pushed me from the door and I fell thunderously to the ground.

“My staff Daniel confronted the Pastor and asked him why he should push me that way requesting to know if he wanted to kill me. At this point Pastor Dave ordered his colleague Pastor Ayo and the security men to throw us out of the Church premises.

“The Pastor pounced on Daniel aided by some other pastors and members of the Church staff who came out in droves to beat him up. I received my pound of beating when I attempted to rescue Daniel whom six ordained pastors of Christ Embassy, Churchstaff and security held down and threatened to murder him. At this point, two security men were in possession of firearms while one of the pastors continually poured a white substance suspected to be a tranquilizer on his face to subdue him. This they did with all enthusiasm and recklessness.”

Speaking further, the battered woman averred that, while screaming for help in the middle of an estimated 20-man mob squad of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s church, a female member was also beating her repeatedly.

Hear her, “My production manager, Ms Ayo and an Abuja Church member, Sister Nonye who recognised me, helped to rescue me from the Christ Embassy monster squad. In an attempt to record the incident, one of them grabbed my phone and smashed it to the ground beyond repair.
“I headed for the Alausa Police station where I made a formal complaint," said U-cheena amid sobs and tears.

At the Alausa Police Station, she was subsequently given a letter to go to the hospital where she was treated.

U-cheena added that the CSO to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome,Deacon Ik came with the ill-mannered Pastor Dave to give his statement along with one of Pastor Oyakhilome monster’s squad, Pastor Ayo who assaulted her and her staff. They were eventually detained alongside some of the pastors involved in the head-shaking assault.

U-cheena, who until the unfortunate incident was a fulltime member of Christ Embassy vowed to press charges until she gets justice as well as pursue the civil aspect of the matter before a Court of competent jurisdiction. Already, she said she hadbriefed her lawyers to commence the process of instituting legal action against Christ Embassy and the gay-Like pastor Dave.

Speaking to our reporter on phone, Counsel to U-cheena, described the actions of the Church against his clients as an act of barbarism, cowardice, inhumane and dehumanization of his client fundamental human rights. He noted that U-cheena is a devoted Christian, a married woman and the MD of Eventz.com Limited. He said he was shocked when he received a call from his client saying she was physically assaulted by Christ Embassy Pastors. He added that already the Commissioner of Police ofLagos State has been informed and a thorough investigation is currently ongoing to bring the perpetrators to justice.

Adding that his chambers was already preparing to file a civil suit against the Church for assault and battery and breach of Contract. “We have taken the right step. The church is being sued for N1bn damages,” the counsel said.

Efforts to reach the Lagos State Commissioner of Police to find out the position of the investigation and the church for comment could not yield any result as their phones could not be reached as at the time of this report.

The incident makes one wonder with one hand akimbo and head bowed if truly Christ Embassy is a church or a breeding ground for monsters in guise of pastors whom Pastor Oyakhilome ordained to continuously defraud poor low intelligent members of the society.

Could it also be true that Pastor Anita’s claim that ChristEmbassy is indeed a five star brothel, considering the ordination of ill-mannered pastors like Pastor Dave? This and more questions are begging for answers.

We keep you posted as events unfold.

DISCLAIMER: THIS PUBLICATION IS THE STATEMENT OF THE VICTIM AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PUBLISHER OF OHNAIJA.COM.

source : http://onuhenrychidi..com/2014/11/ugh.html?m=0

If this story is true,then it's truly sad......

Other sources

www.dailypost.ng/2014/11/23/christ-embassy-pastors-beat-member-coma-church-faces-n1bn-lawsuit-photos/

www.nigerianwatch.com/news/5853-destiny-child-producer-u-cheena-sues-oyakhilomes-christ-embassy-church-for-assault
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
WinsomeX:
Christ Embassy again in the news for all the "good" reasons. See Chris Oyakhilome boys give a lady some "Midas Touch" in the just concluded IPPC program. Talk about bearing the fruit of the Spirit.

www.nairaland.com/2012017/another-trouble-brews-christ-embassy

He's a failed Blogger like you, just seeking traffic. But he beat you to the gossip o grin did you read the last line of what you quoted from the Blogger? Amazing right? cheesy

You must be smiling Pastor Chris is on the news again! grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
Gombs:

He's a failed Blogger like you, just seeking traffic. But he beat you to the gossip o grin did you read the last line of what you quoted from the Blogger? Amazing right? cheesy

You must be smiling Pastor Chris is on the news again! grin

I saw the last line and it doesn't change anything. All CEC scandals remain untrue until proven beyond every reasonable doubt.

Like it was untrue that your Pastor's marriage was on the rocks until the people involved brought out their dirty linens to the public.

But can anything worse come out of that church of yours? After the allegations of "inappropriate relations" has been roundly denied by you and your clique, will you ever admit to wrong? Abeg go Siddon make we enjoy Midas Touch jare.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2014
vooks:

Mr A said God called him into ministry. Mr B said it wasn't true, that he was called by God almighty into ministry and not Mr A. Mr A then said if God truly called you he would back you up with the necessary credentials that he usually backs those he sent and since you do not have any of the signs we can conclude that you were not sent- you simply went. Mr B began quoting "false signs and false prophets shall appear..."

Question, what is Mr B's talk if not a cheap excuse?

Let me tell you why the numbers are important sometimes; it is because if the message being preached by CEC or WOF as a whole attracted only a few people the critics would not care. They would say "he is preaching a false gospel that's why nobody is listening to him". But now that the message is being heard by the world over it becomes frustrating to the traducers. I can give you a real time example. In my own branch of CEC in Nigeria we had just about 29 members on a Sunday service. This was like 10-12 years ago. There were a couple of good churches around us at the time and the least of them had close to 400 members on a typical Sunday.

Every now and then some of the leaders of those churches will visit the Pastor of my church and advice her to stop wearing trousers. Some told her it was an instruction from the lord while others were honest enough to say they were simply passing a piece of advice. The pieces of advice seemed to range from one of this four things: a) you let women wear makeup and this pisses people off who want to come to church b) you focus too much on feel good messages and you neglect the aspects of sin and the end time c) they are always advertising miracles and hero-worshiping the Pastor d) they are always talking about money money and giving giving etc.

My Pastor always thanked them politely for their counsel but she continued to minister complete doses of the whole counsel of the word as Paul (by the Holy spirit) admonished us to.

Few Years passed (and as I type this), we are the largest word church in my vicinity. It was now I began to understand that God doesn't need many members to do any work that he wants. What he asked us to do in the NT, is to obtain grace for the task ahead and that is what we have been doing. There was a time the Pastor announced that we had imminent plans of increasing capacity to accommodate new members and renovate the building. Just a rough estimate of what was required and people began speaking in tongues. One who is Carnally minded would begin to say "if everybody gives so so amount we might get half of the total required" but that is man's way of thinking and not God's. One brother stepped up and dropped a cheque and it was the total amount. Those of us who have spiritual sensors and know that the things of God aren't about 'contributions' didn't let him get blessed alone- We still gave as though it depended on us- each one as he had purposed in his heart. If I begin to mention all the financial testimonies we reaped I would be accused of boasting.

Anyways, our beloved brothers in christ that stayed around us began to change their talk. We started hearing that we were 'sinners playing church'. Some others called us a fellowship of sinners whose success was as a result of the same things they claimed was millitating us in timepast. The big cars that parked around the church became loot from tithes and firstfruits. The large crowd to them was elicited by miracle adverts and feel good messages and the renovations were from contributions from the gullible sheeple.

You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Now the standard of being a true gospeler is in being scandal-free. Jesus' words that there would be no woe to false prophets have been conveniently swept under the rug. Now that people are being added to the church it has become "narrow is the way". When your gospel attracts no one at the start, you are false. When it attracts people later you are false. When they see no one healed they say 'no one gets healed it is fake'. When they see people get healed they say 'too many people get healed it is fake'. If they ask you about yourself and you say don't focus on me, focus on Jesus that I am presenting to you they will say he is too secretive he has something to hide. If you tell them about yourself they will say you are taking the glory for yourself and giving none to God.

Jesus said they complained about his own friends, dressing and feeding habits and in turn complained about a polar opposite- John the Baptist's as well. They want you to dance when they dance and cry when they cry. They know everything that is wrong with the church but will not offer what is right. They will not lift a pin but will give men heavy loads to carry. Everyone is right or wrong based on their own little standard. There is nothing new my dear. Absolutely nothing new.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2014
mbaemeka:
Mr A said God called him into ministry. Mr B said it wasn't true, that he was called by God almighty into ministry and not Mr A. Mr A then said if God truly called you he would back you up with the necessary credentials that he usually backs those he sent and since you do not have any of the signs we can conclude that you were not sent- you simply went. Mr B began quoting "false signs and false prophets shall appear..."

Let me tell you why the numbers are important sometimes; it is because if the message being preached by CEC or WOF as a whole attracted only a few people the critics would not care. They would say "he is preaching a false gospel that's why nobody is listening to him". But now that the message is being heard by the world over it becomes frustrating to the traducers. I can give you a real time example. In my own branch of CEC in Nigeria we had just about 29 members on a Sunday service. This was like 10-12 years ago. There were a couple of good churches around us at the time and the least of them had close to 400 members on a typical Sunday.

Every now and then some of the leaders of those churches will visit the Pastor of my church and advice her to stop wearing trousers. Some told her it was an instruction from the lord while others were honest enough to say they were simply passing a piece of advice. The pieces of advice seemed to range from one of this four things: a) you let women wear makeup and this pisses people off who want to come to church b) you focus too much on feel good messages and you neglect the aspects of sin and the end time c) they are always advertising miracles and hero-worshiping the Pastor d) they are always talking about money money and giving giving etc.

My Pastor always thanked them politely for their counsel but she continued to minister complete doses of the whole counsel of the word as Paul (by the Holy spirit) admonished us to.

Few Years passed (and as I type this), we are the largest word church in my vicinity. It was now I began to understand that God doesn't need many members to do any work that he wants. What he asked us to do in the NT, is to obtain grace for the task ahead and that is what we have been doing. There was a time the Pastor announced that we had imminent plans of increasing capacity to accommodate new members and renovate the building. Just a rough estimate of what was required and people began speaking in tongues. One who is Carnally minded would begin to say "if everybody gives so so amount we might get half of the total required" but that is man's way of thinking and not God's. One brother stepped up and dropped a cheque and it was the total amount. Those of us who have spiritual sensors and know that the things of God aren't about 'contributions' didn't let him get blessed alone- We still gave as though it depended on us- each one as he had purposed in his heart. If I begin to mention all the financial testimonies we reaped I would be accused of boasting.

Anyways, our beloved brothers in christ that stayed around us began to change their talk. We started hearing that we were 'sinners playing church'. Some others called us a fellowship of sinners whose success was as a result of the same things they claimed was millitating us in timepast. The big cars that parked around the church became loot from tithes and firstfruits. The large crowd to them was elicited by miracle adverts and feel good messages and the renovations were from contributions from the gullible sheeple.

You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Now the standard of being a true gospeler is in being scandal-free. Jesus' words that there would be no woe to false prophets have been conveniently swept under the rug. Now that people are being added to the church it has become "narrow is the way". When your gospel attracts no one at the start, you are false. When it attracts people later you are false.
When they see no one healed they say 'no one gets healed it is fake'.
When they see people get healed they say 'too many people get healed it is fake'.
If they ask you about yourself and you say don't focus on me, focus on Jesus that I am presenting to you they will say he is too secretive he has something to hide. If you tell them about yourself they will say you are taking the glory for yourself and giving none to God.

Jesus said they complained about his own friends, dressing and feeding habits and in turn complained about a polar opposite- John the Baptist's as well. They want you to dance when they dance and cry when they cry. They know everything that is wrong with the church but will not offer what is right. They will not lift a pin but will give men heavy loads to carry. Everyone is right or wrong based on their own little standard. There is nothing new my dear. Absolutely nothing new.
Why are "healing" schools FULL of genuinely and undisputedly crippled wheelchair-ridden people who NEVER GET HEALED?
Why is cerebral palsy sufferer(s) turned away from approaching "healing" pastor(s) on stage at "healing" school(s)?

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Now the standard of being a true gospeler is in being scandal-free. Jesus' words that there would be no woe to false prophets have been conveniently swept under the rug. Now that people are being added to the church it has become "narrow is the way". When your gospel attracts no one at the start, you are false. When it attracts people later you are false. When they see no one healed they say 'no one gets healed it is fake'. When they see people get healed they say 'too many people get healed it is fake'. If they ask you about yourself and you say don't focus on me, focus on Jesus that I am presenting to you they will say he is too secretive he has something to hide. If you tell them about yourself they will say you are taking the glory for yourself and giving none to God.

Excellente!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
nlMediator:
Excellente!
Excellente! Nah. Emotionalism!! Yeah

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Excellente! Nah. Emotionalism!! Yeah

Mark of the true gospel preachers.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
Gombs:

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
Gombs:

Do you prefer this to giving straightforward answers to the questions?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 2:14am On Nov 25, 2014
WinsomeX:

I am sure Image can speak for himself. Oya, Image123, where have I ever attacked your liberty to tithe?

When you call people IRREDEMABLE because they tithe, you have attacked liberty to tithe. When you condemn mbaemeka on the same lines, you have attacked people's liberty to tithe. When you go around asking trip questions that we have answered frequently, you have attacked people's liberty to tithe. When you teach both as drumb and this handle, that tithe is fraudulent and bondage, you have attacked the liberty to tithe. When you call or mention me like this to come read something against giving under which tithing is, you are attacking my liberty to tithe. Of course, when you teach and believe that tithe is strictly Moses', you attack the liberty to tithe.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 2:28am On Nov 25, 2014
Candour:

You're bad at everything you've set out to do on NL. Not just now.

Meanwhile, keep seeking the attention.....

smiley smiley smiley My big bad was that i refused to agree to the facts that you had backsliden earlier than i should have. Remember when i told Gombs about you? That was already too late, my bad. Listen to your friend and go and seek God's pardon instead of replying moi.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 3:04am On Nov 25, 2014
Image123:

smiley smiley smiley My big bad was that i refused to agree to the facts that you had backsliden earlier than i should have. Remember when i told Gombs about you? That was already too late, my bad. Listen to your friend and go and seek God's pardon instead of replying moi.

You're bad and poor at everything you've set out to do on NL so much so you deserve pity.

Keep seeking the attention you so desperately need.......

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 3:06am On Nov 25, 2014
Candour:

You're bad and poor at everything you've set out to do on NL so much so you deserve pity.

Keep seeking the attention you so desperately need.......

Quit repeating yourself like a broken record, seek Jesus. Wise men seek Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 3:14am On Nov 25, 2014
Image123:

Quit repeating yourself like a broken record, seek Jesus. Wise men seek Jesus.

Quit posting nonsense in your desperate search for attention like someone with a broken Psyche. Wise men who have your problem seek for the professional help they need.......or contain themselves with proper attention at home.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:58am On Nov 25, 2014
Numbers and Miracles mean NOTHING for these reasons;
1. False religions can also boast of numbers and signs

2. MAJORITY of those turning to Christ are not drawn by the miraculous. I was not drawn by the miraculous

3. If numbers and signs vindicate a minister of the true gospel, then the converse is true; small numbers and NO signs are marks of a false gospel.

4. Signs and wonders do not necessarily turn people to Christ. Read Matthew 11:20-24

5. Paul was wearied by chronic sign seekers at the expense of the Word 1 Cor 1:22

6. The growth recorded in Acts was the ENTIRE church. Now it is sectarian, Oyaks vs Oyedepo vs Adefarsin.

Once again, why are numbers thrown at us? It was a noble thing for Bereans to examine if what Paul said was so. Now it is envying unmatched record.
mbaemeka:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 5:22am On Nov 25, 2014
Image123:
When you call people IRREDEMABLE because they tithe, you have attacked liberty to tithe. When you condemn mbaemeka on the same lines, you have attacked people's liberty to tithe. When you go around asking trip questions that we have answered frequently, you have attacked people's liberty to tithe. When you teach both as drumb and this handle, that tithe is fraudulent and bondage, you have attacked the liberty to tithe. When you call or mention me like this to come read something against giving under which tithing is, you are attacking my liberty to tithe. Of course, when you teach and believe that tithe is strictly Moses', you attack the liberty to tithe.

Based on these "charges", I plead GUILTY and
I have no apologies for them.

If, according to you, the above is WX attacking the liberty of people to tithe, then I agree with you and Bidam that I do attack people's liberty to tithe and still have no apologies for it.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:21am On Nov 25, 2014
trustman:

Do you prefer this to giving straightforward answers to the questions?

What questions? undecided
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:27am On Nov 25, 2014
WinsomeX:

Based on these "charges", I plead GUILTY and
I have no apologies for them.

If, according to you, the above is WX attacking the liberty of people to tithe, then I agree with you and Bidam that I do attack people's liberty to tithe and still have no apologies for it.

Oh! We demand none. You could not admit being wrong in biblical exercises, we don't expect apologies for attacking our liberty to tithe. Like I asked Trustman, a question he may still be ruminating on, why should a Christian be forced ro stop tithing? Can you answer in plain terms?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.